AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-22, 18:53   Link #121
Kanon-kun
Banned

Episode 3's title has been revealed, for those interested:

Umineko 3
Old 2008-04-22, 19:13   Link #122
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon-kun View Post
Episode 3's title has been revealed, for those interested:

Umineko 3
We've already known that
Old 2008-04-22, 19:22   Link #123
Kanon-kun
Banned

I had no way of knowing. I didn't want to browse the thread, since I haven't even played the first game yet. Just wanted to share my knowledge.^^
Old 2008-04-22, 21:08   Link #124
Rias

It's that time again to vote for the "Best Pairing" and "Most suspicious Person" at the offical site:

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_combi2/votec.cgi

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub2/votec.cgi

Entry time ends on Apr 27.
Old 2008-04-22, 21:19   Link #125
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
It's that time again to vote for the "Best Pairing" and "Most suspicious Person" at the offical site:

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_combi2/votec.cgi

http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub2/votec.cgi

Entry time ends on Apr 27.
I find it funny that Battler is the 4th most suspicious Person

It's also great that BattlerXBeato is first for Best Pairing
Old 2008-04-23, 01:48   Link #126
chronotrig

just as long as 鯖 doesn't win the most suspicious contest...

Seriously, I hadn't even seriously thought about Battler being the criminal, but it does fit in a lot of ways. He had as much a chance as anyone to commit most of the murders. Plus all of the Beatrice scenes make sense if they were Battler's actual thoughts at the time; maybe he only partly remembered the crimes he committed. And if they were his thoughts he did know some things that only the criminal could know.
Old 2008-04-23, 01:57   Link #127
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Maybe he has split personalities
Old 2008-04-23, 11:17   Link #128
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't really expect Battler to be eligible in such instances considering the situation which hardly permit him to do whatever he wants.

Episode 1:
-He wouldn't be able to make that letter and stuff, since he was with George and Jessica
-6 people massacre: possible, but he obviously need help and that can be applied to ANY of the survivors.
-Eva and Hideyoshi: no just no, he has an alibi as he is with Natsuhi and the whole gang until they noticed something wrong due to Genji's remark.
-Kinzo: Considering the alibi here, impossible. But since Kinzo's death is one of the most suspicious, I think none really could do that
-The rest: no, impossible. He was always with Natsuhi etc.

Episode 2:
Same in this episode: he is ALWAYS with someone, he is NEVER alone.

If Battler is really the culprit, it would be even worse than discarding the truth of the red text: that mean everything we saw is a lie, which defy completely the mystery and such.

My take:
1) Beatrice (19th person, human with a group behind her. Motive is unknown though)
2) Kinzo (he is extremely insane, and suspicious in episode 1. Especially if we speculate that Eva lied)
3) Rosa (even with the crazy chase and all, her behaviour is way too whacky to consider her clean, especially with the sanctuary incident)
4) Kumasawa/Nanjo (extremely difficult to flip head or tails. Nanjo can deal a huge blow if he lies, while Kumasawa has a very thin to inexistent alibi each time)
5) not presented yet.
Old 2008-04-23, 11:54   Link #129
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Well Battler was alone while he was drinking at the end of Ep 2 and nothing happened to him
Old 2008-04-23, 11:59   Link #130
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Well Battler was alone while he was drinking at the end of Ep 2 and nothing happened to him
That would be the same for Genji.

The culprit(s) seems to be VERY VERY obsessed by the ritual process, considering how clean and thoroughful the order and murders were executed (only 1 exception: the order of the last twilights of episode 2, as Nanjo and Kumasawa should be killed after George, Shannon and Gohda)
As demonstrated, they do not murder unecessarely, with pinpoint accurate "sin", and always leave out the 4-5 last survivors until the final showdown happen.

I guess Ryukishi just want to show how the situation is messed up to the very end, hence why Battler always die with the last poor sheeps.
It would be quite amusing if he is killed early, giving hard time to think about perspective
Old 2008-04-23, 11:59   Link #131
Elvin

I was thinking that the roses in the yard of the mansion were hallucinogenic somehow (think hinamizawa virus) and Battler's the most resistant because he's had the smallest amount of exposure to them. That might explain all the butterflies and Beatrice, does nothing for the identity of the murderer though
Old 2008-04-23, 12:23   Link #132
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That would be the same for Genji.
Actually Genji went to Kinzo's room so he wasn't alone

Quote:
The culprit(s) seems to be VERY VERY obsessed by the ritual process, considering how clean and thoroughful the order and murders were executed (only 1 exception: the order of the last twilights of episode 2, as Nanjo and Kumasawa should be killed after George, Shannon and Gohda)
As demonstrated, they do not murder unecessarely, with pinpoint accurate "sin", and always leave out the 4-5 last survivors until the final showdown happen.
Doesn't the murderer/Beato say to Kanon there's no rule saying she can't kill more people, unrelated to the twilight rules
Old 2008-04-23, 12:33   Link #133
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually Genji went to Kinzo's room so he wasn't alone.
Indeed, in the very end, he was kinzo, then he went to look for Battler.
What is weird (not that I accuse him) is... why Genji was left alive, despite he is really the "easiest" prey, being alone? I can't really consider serious that "genji armed with a knife" would be a thread, considering the culprit has some stake shooter rifle/gun.
Quote:
Doesn't the murderer/Beato say to Kanon there's no rule saying she can't kill more people, unrelated to the twilight rules
Yes indeed, but in both episodes, the "witch" didn't kill anyone out of the said rules. Furthermore, it looks like beato was having fun tormenting Kanon, so that he would "expose" his love for Jessica, and her plan worked out very well.

That said, it is moot if Beatrice doesn't exist (well these apparitions that is), as it might be kanon who was quite deluded by that kind of enemy, or beato just exaggerated the story telling, as Lambda hinted in the ura tea party.

In the end, we lack lots of information anyway
Old 2008-04-23, 12:50   Link #134
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Indeed, in the very end, he was kinzo, then he went to look for Battler.
What is weird (not that I accuse him) is... why Genji was left alive, despite he is really the "easiest" prey, being alone? I can't really consider serious that "genji armed with a knife" would be a thread, considering the culprit has some stake shooter rifle/gun.
That's because Genji is as badass as Walter from Hellsing.

Though I'm wondering what his "powers" are... Two blades maybe?
Old 2008-04-23, 23:19   Link #135
chronotrig

Well, if Higurashi was any indication, half of our theories will be pointless after the third chapter comes out.

By the way, my japanese isn't great, but ryuukishi's journal entries lately have all seemed to point to this 3rd chapter as starting much sooner and being much faster paced than anything he has written before in umineko or higurashi.

Since the intro was a pretty big part of the last to episodes (both before arriving at the island and before everyone started dying), he'll have to take the series in a new direction just to fill up the episode.

As long as he survives (do all visual novel writers sound as depressed as this guy has?)
Old 2008-04-24, 03:41   Link #136
Niemand
私を退屈させないでね……?くすくすくす くす……

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Do all visual novel writers sound as depressed as this guy has?
I don't know about that. If you read Battler's speeches, it looks more like the guy is having the fun of his life...
Old 2008-04-26, 12:33   Link #137
Rias

I'm hoping that ep3 wouldn't have the "impossible to deduce" element like it had in ep2... Perhaps Umineko is a fantasy work after all
Old 2008-04-26, 12:38   Link #138
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I'm hoping that ep3 wouldn't have the "impossible to deduce" element like it had in ep2... Perhaps Umineko is a fantasy work after all
The games have to be "impossible to deduce" because if they weren't the reader/Battler would be able to beat Beatrice
Old 2008-04-26, 21:48   Link #139
Rias

Quote:
The games have to be "impossible to deduce" because if they weren't the reader/Battler would be able to beat Beatrice
Well at least ep1 you can kinda see it as serial killing + Maria's glorification of Beatrice...and at least the closed room are deducable. Ep2 was just "Huh!?!? This is too good, Ryuukishi you went overboard XD"

And IF Umineko is like Higurashi, then the "Boss" in the beginning is actually your "friend" at the end. Just like how Oyashiro-sama and Sonozaki family was the "boss", in the end they are your "friend". So by that "hopeful" guess, you don't even have to beat Beatrice at all
Old 2008-04-27, 12:21   Link #140
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Fucking 鯖 won "Most Suspicious Person" with Beato coming in at Second and Battler at Third

JessicaXKanon won "Best Paring" with BeatoXBattler coming in at Second and BattlerXMaria at Third