AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 55 41.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-24, 01:16   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Why do I find myself enjoying this so much more than the several episodes of Index I watched?

Anyway, that was fun. The characters were all enjoyable and well voiced. Yes, including the guy. There is something lurking there below the surface in terms of character and plot. And the drawing, animation, and backgrounds are all easy on the eyes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 01:21   Link #42
rcxx

This is Railgun I've been waiting for since before the season started and it delivered greatly.

They had Touma and his usual misfortune like with the broken eggs and being mistaken as a pervert and Misaka being tsundere and showing off her powers. Mix that with the kuroko, Saiten, and Uihara antics and the legend of stripper lady and you have a successful railgun episode. This episode was great and it shows JC staff can do this anime right. 9/10
rcxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 01:51   Link #43
HandofFate

Touma is great!
Its kind of funny how people loved Railgun in the Index show, and how Touma is the best side-character in Railgun.

I loved how he acted like he was going to punch railgun and just feel down pretending to be defeated. What a gentlemen. He should have leaned in and kissed her and ran off lol.

also there's something badass with smoke clearing and revealing touma with his hand out in front of him. manly pose imo.

Railgun needs to just get with him already...

I'm surprised Koroko dismissed the possibility of someone that can neutralize powers...there doesn't seem to be any kind of limit to what kind of abilities that can develop.

Also at the end when she was tied up..couldn't she teleport out of that?
Old 2009-10-24, 02:03   Link #44
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
She seems to have a problem teleporting out of bindings/holds, like how she was screwed against Shelly in Index, until Mikoto bailed her out.

Which could indicate something about her own personal desires regarding bonda-..................

*ahem*
Old 2009-10-24, 02:08   Link #45
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Touma is great!
Its kind of funny how people loved Railgun in the Index show, and how Touma is the best side-character in Railgun.

I loved how he acted like he was going to punch railgun and just feel down pretending to be defeated. What a gentlemen. He should have leaned in and kissed her and ran off lol.

also there's something badass with smoke clearing and revealing touma with his hand out in front of him. manly pose imo.

Railgun needs to just get with him already...

I'm surprised Koroko dismissed the possibility of someone that can neutralize powers...there doesn't seem to be any kind of limit to what kind of abilities that can develop.

This is probably before the part which Kuroko actually met Touma. She couldn't teleport when she is holding onto Touma.

Biribiri = Tsundere lol......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 02:16   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
She seems to have a problem teleporting out of bindings/holds, like how she was screwed against Shelly in Index, until Mikoto bailed her out.

Which could indicate something about her own personal desires regarding bonda-..................

*ahem*
Episode 2, it is forbidden to use powers in the dormitory. <--Probably this?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 02:55   Link #47
Bordix

Quote:
Spoiler for Index:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
I feel sorry for misaka she just keeps losing especially when she took his hand lol. Kuroko is officially crazy.
No she's not

<- This one is surprisingly cute
Old 2009-10-24, 03:15   Link #48
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

I'm having mixed feeling about this episode.

I can't decipher if it was really great... or if it's just an after affect of the suffering I went through after episodes 2 & 3.

And yes, Touma was just golden in this episode. It's really funny though, in Index his antics and preachy-ness was a bit much... but a little bit here and there in Railgun seems to be just the right dose.

The same applies for Kuroko in Railgun versus Index.

Moral of the story, everything in moderation is the right way to go.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 03:52   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Episode 2, it is forbidden to use powers in the dormitory. <--Probably this?
Mmmm, unless the scary dorm manager has spychic powers that nobody knows about, I doubt Kuorko would get caught for teleporting 3 inches away into her own room to get out of her bindings. Either way, the scene was obviously for comedic purposes, so there's no sense in reading too far into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Spoiler for Index:
This I have a hard time believing; Kuroko is no amateur who just freezes out of surprise.

And I still don't see Touma's preachiness; many other characters in many other animes talk just as much, or more, about humanity, the right thing, etc. et. all. I've never seen them get called preachy for it. Kenshin Himura alone in Rurouni Kenshin easily made more "preachy" talk than Touma.
Old 2009-10-24, 04:23   Link #50
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Heh. It's really funny that when they centered on story and plot i loled whole episode, while gag-centered ep2 and 3 were like "and you want me to laugh about that? Really? REALLY? *sigh*"

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 05:17   Link #51
Thoguht

Quote:
She seems to have a problem teleporting out of bindings/holds
It may be that she needs to actually touch the thing she's teleporting. For instance, why does she need to pull the nails out of her garter when she's on Judgement duty if she can just teleport them directly?

[Edit] Oh, umm, yes, great ep btw.
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 05:27   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
It may be that she needs to actually touch the thing she's teleporting. For instance, why does she need to pull the nails out of her garter when she's on Judgement duty if she can just teleport them directly.
Well I think the question they're asking is why can't she teleport herself out of the ropes.
Old 2009-10-24, 05:47   Link #53
Bordix

Quote:
Well I think the question they're asking is why can't she teleport herself out of the ropes.
yeah, about the ropes. I think that was for comedic purpose as well, that really didn't happen in the manga. Also, here's some info about Kuroko Manga page

It says she couldn't use her powers once she loses focus. As we have seen, espers have a hard time believing things that they can't explain.

Spoiler for Index:
Old 2009-10-24, 06:06   Link #54
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
ep 4, got the subs

yay! Touma & his jinx goofballs is back in the pic, same with the stripper scientist lady!

& could the Imagine Breaker also could disable the blade without hurting himself?

i hope Touma can snatch back his popularity from a certain white haired psycho & his loli that the fangirls drooled on after this & one of Kuroko's fantasies became a reality!?

speaking of Kuroko's fantasy, again why she didn't use her powers to get out of it? or she's just enjoying it?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 06:32   Link #55
Bombo
TSF Fans

OMG THAT DAMN AMAZING
TOOOOMA FTW and mikoto so cooooooooool and cuuuuuuuuuuuuute

Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 07:29   Link #56
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hey Bordix, got eggs?

Win epi 4 sig is win.
Old 2009-10-24, 08:03   Link #57
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm a tad amused that everyone seems to love this episode, even though it's still the same kind of "No character development, minor plot development, gag filled" kind of episode as the previous two.

Oh well, here's to hoping this mood will continue. I hadn't really pinned our sleep-deprived prof. as someone with such a stoned voice, but it does fit.

But what really made this episode was Mikoto's adorable squeek when Touma raised his hand to punch her. I can imagine why Touma reacted the way he did, he looked like a bully about to beat up a harmless little girl.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-10-24 at 08:40.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 08:05   Link #58
Joe_fh

See they can do it if they try
Compared to the last two episodes this one is really good.
It had comedy, a bit of character development for Misaka, introduicng two new characters and action scenes. It was well balanced unlike the previous two. Couldn't ask for more in one episode of Railgun at this point.
The plot seems to be moving since they intorduced two new characters. Not fast but at least it's moving.
Touma and Biribiri ftw
And the comedy this episode was good as well unlike the previous two were some of the jokes were foreced and didn't feel funny at all.
Loved that part when Touma was about to hit Misaka. A really priceless moment

As for some questions. I also think the ropes were part of the comedy so no reason to get her out by teleporting.
"Could the Imagine Breaker also could disable the blade without hurting himself?" it seems that when Touma touches the Iron sand the sand reverts to normal thus it 's now just sand so the thiny sand particles can't hurt him. If the electricity that makes the particalse vibrate is gone they stop thier movement. Though that's just from an anime point of view because you can't really say for certain since well espers and magic kind of make using real physics and other stuff like that to explain it usless .

Overall nice work with the episode this time. Really looking forward to next ones, now that things are starting to move.

The preview looks nice. They're now back on track with the manga it seems.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 08:07   Link #59
nakayasumi
音楽が聞こえる。

Nothing beats when Mikoto and Touma are in the same episode
nakayasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 08:16   Link #60
Aqua Knight

"Alright, I'll take you on."
Isn't that gar?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote