AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-05, 15:56   Link #101
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I have a quetsion though, does he let squado hurt him on purpose, or was he unable to dodge it due to his physical condition?

I'm pretty sure the latter is the case. Marco even says that Whitebeard should have been able to dodge that attack, even if it were his own comrade attacking him. We saw how easily he stopped Ace's assassination attempts in those flashbacks, did we not? I wouldn't count that giant VA's "sneak attack" though, since that guy was stupid enough to shout out when he attacked Whitebeard in the first place ("Haha you let your guard down, now I'll kill- Oh crap, I got facequake'd").....

So yeah, it was Whitebeard's declining health that allowed him to get stabbed by his own son.....

Edit: Hmm, james0246 beat me to the answer. Oh well, at least the point will stand out more this way.
Old 2009-11-05, 16:09   Link #102
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Although I did overlook that part tbh, it didn't mention that Akainu let Squado know beforehand what would happen in that attack, in order to make him fall for the marine's deceit hook, line, and sinker. At any rate, seeing a spoiler and reading about the entire exchange makes quite a bit of difference. As some have been saying, it might be better to avoid spoilers altogether. But I guess patience is not my strong point.

As for Moria, I don't know if he will really play a significant role again. Seems to me he's become overly dependant on the strength of his zombie minions. But I suppose if he does get his hands on someone like WB's corpse he'll have one hell of a trump card. Well, as long as the zombie's weakness doesn't get in the way.
Even if he gets WB body it won't matter . His body is old and weak . Don't forget that hogback made the bodies stronger but it is the shadow you put into the body that really counts. Him having WB body don't really count for much without some repairing and a very stronger shadow.

WB is not only getting old but he is sick also . I mean how old is WB really . WB in the second of the really old gen that we see that age is affecting them (first on being grap)
Those guys must be monsters back in there day .
Old 2009-11-05, 16:18   Link #103
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
This was a really sentimental chapter. Looking forward to the next and how much wreckage that Whitebeard is able to cause in his final moments.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-11-05, 17:06   Link #104
SMASHERJACKSON

just read the full trans + scans, dam marines took out the broadcast just b4 whitebeards speech! i wonder if the truth will be revealed to the masses later on

p.s. this chapter will be pretty epic once animated

p.p.s. after reading the chapter the coming one week wait will be the more difficult to bare.

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-11-05 at 17:19.
Old 2009-11-05, 17:10   Link #105
Haxeye

Quote:
Ok, after reading the actual chapter I'm not that disappointed with how Squado got fooled into betraying Whitebeard. Apart from playing on his hatred for Roger, the marines staged an attack wave that didn't hit any of WB's crew to convince him. Under these circumstances, and being in the middle of a war to boot, it couldn't have been easy for Squado to think clearly. It still makes him look incredibly foolish, and he still should have known better, but it's not as hard to believe as I first thought.

Nice display of badassery by WB at the end, he's aiming to go down in a blaze of glory. Still waiting for some of the strongest pirates to trash the pacifistas that have wreaked havoc uncontested so far. My guess is that WB will make those tin cans feel his wrath and turn the tide of battle yet again.

Unfortunately, there's another break before that happens. -_-
Not gonna rub it in but it was mentioned in the spoilers .

Also I'm interested to see what kind of attacks will WB use and how long will his rampage last before BB inevitably arrives?
Old 2009-11-05, 20:58   Link #106
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Now we know that 3 emperors have had history with some of the warlords in the past.

1) Whitebeard defeated Crocodile in the past along with Blackbeard recently defecting from his crew after acquiring the darkness fruit and murdering Thatch.

2) Shanks used to spar with Mihawk on numerous occasions and he was permanently scarred by Blackbeard many years ago.

3) Kaidou was responsible for Moria's defeat and the complete decimation of his old crew back in the New World.

These are some very interesting facts we have here. Perhaps Doflamingo or Kuma may have gotten into some kind of altercation with the 4th unknown emperor some time ago.

@marvelB - I love that montage of Moria's multiple facial expressions you put up. I'm sure we'll be seeing many more of those great moments yet to come .
Old 2009-11-05, 21:34   Link #107
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Judging from WB's loving nature, i wonder what made him choose a life of piracy. He would have made a wonderful civil leader. To inspire so much love and loyalty from hundreds of people, while at the same time he inspires fear and terror in the hearts of his enemies. He will leave behind a legacy unmatched by anyone.

With that said i hope there is a higher body count.
Old 2009-11-05, 21:48   Link #108
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Whitebeard refrencing to all his subordinates as "children" in combo with his devil fruit powers literally make him seem like a god that decended to earth.

I can't wait to see him kick arse in the next chapter, finally we'll get a good sample of how he fights.
Old 2009-11-05, 22:13   Link #109
CoolKidsClub

oh no poor WB....2 of his sons betrayed him 1 got killed and 1 got captured and now hes prob gona die soon
Old 2009-11-05, 23:31   Link #110
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I'm not talking about strength here. It takes more than being strong or being potentially strong in the future to lead a massive crew like the WB one, along with their 43 new world pirate allies. To start with, the WB crew seems to depend a lot on their captain for decision making (unlike the strawhats). In short, wisdom and leadership skills is required to lead the massive crew, which is why I believe experience would be more important.

Ace has the potential, he's fairly mature and he thinks before doing anything (unlike Luffy), but I loathe that he takes over the WB crew right after. I don't mind if he takes over in 5-10 years, when he has accumulated experience.
No one said he would take over right after WB, they just said he was preparing to make Ace pirate king, however long that may take. Secondly, even if we're talking in terms of experience, age doesn't instantly qualify you to be a leader. Isn't Luffy amongst the youngest in his crew? Isn't Aokiji a lot younger then many of the vice admirals? Marco himself looks younger than many of the people in Whitebeard's crew. Fact is, some people are born leaders, some people are not, age has nothing to do with it.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-11-06, 04:12   Link #111
game2007

I find Moria's expression hilarious in this chapter. Reminds me of this.

Old 2009-11-06, 05:36   Link #112
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

So I was right about Whitebeard being the one to give Crocodile those wounds. Sengoku's move was dirty though. I'm hoping his battle skills aren't a disappointment.
Old 2009-11-06, 09:27   Link #113
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
It's interesting how the video feed only got cut off after the seed that the war was staged was planted to the public.

Sengoku did pull a nasty trick, but as much is to be expected of him.

You have to love the level of injury people can take in One Piece. Whitebeard was just run through with a sword and he's still able to fight. It royally sucks that there will be ANOTHER break. They just had one a few weeks ago.

Amazing how little Luffy there was here.
Old 2009-11-06, 10:45   Link #114
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
You have to love the level of injury people can take in One Piece. Whitebeard was just run through with a sword and he's still able to fight. It royally sucks that there will be ANOTHER break. They just had one a few weeks ago..
Yeah, I was expecting it to be a minor wound even if it was trough his chest, look forward that this wound will only hidner him as mucha as his "sickness", but he is not going to be killed, at best knocked out or something like that.

BTW, these OP threads have been nice to visit, read and post in the last 3 or 4 weeks.
Old 2009-11-06, 10:52   Link #115
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It's interesting how the video feed only got cut off after the seed that the war was staged was planted to the public.
Ya it'll be interesting to see how that pans out... i mean did they cut it off too soon, or too late?
It seemed like Sengoku wanted to cut off the cameras sooner, buggy keeping one on was unintended... as such the public seeing the betrayal was unintended

Will the public act negatively to a supposedly "planned war"? will the fail of Whitebeard be enough to counter such negative reaction? Would have been better for them to have let the camera roll to show the public it wasn't true?... i guess one downside to letting it play out would be whitebeard gaining some sympathy

It makes you wonder... i mean the down side to cutting off the video there was that the public are left with the impression that the marines made a deal with whitebeard and the war was staged... but their is a plus side to this in that it makes whitebeard look like a traitor... their are probebly many people he has touched that made them think that pirates are not all bad... these same people will now be having second thoughts about WB and all other pirates by extension... could be an interesting dynamic if oda plays with it
Old 2009-11-06, 12:50   Link #116
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
No one said he would take over right after WB, they just said he was preparing to make Ace pirate king, however long that may take. Secondly, even if we're talking in terms of experience, age doesn't instantly qualify you to be a leader. Isn't Luffy amongst the youngest in his crew? Isn't Aokiji a lot younger then many of the vice admirals? Marco himself looks younger than many of the people in Whitebeard's crew. Fact is, some people are born leaders, some people are not, age has nothing to do with it.
Let's just agree to disagree. We agree that Ace would make a good leader somewhere in the future.

But I would agree to disagree with you on a couple of points:
- I don't believe that WB is grooming Ace into the next PK simply because Sengoku says so. We don't know how much Sengoku knows about WB's plan for the crew after he's gone and it could be a part of Sengoku's plan to "rub more salt onto Squardo's wound." I would believe it if WB says that himself. But until WB says so, Ace's is just another candidate like all the other divisions captains (provided that the WB crew doesn't get disbanded after this), and given Ace's younger age, experience and shorter history with the crew, I personally don't think that he deserves to be the top candidate. But this is just a personal opinion. Feel free to disagree.

- I agree that some people are born leader (charismatic), but I believe that it takes more than charisma to be a good leader. In short, knowledge, experience, etc counts. I think this is where we disagree. You are arguing for a leader, while I am arguing for a GOOD leader. By my personaly definition of leadership, I don't believe that Luffy is a good leader. His crew had to clean up his mess way too often. I haven't seen any of the admiral "leading" people to make any judgement. They are indeed in leadership position, but whether they are good leaders or not, we don't know. Nor any of the WB division captains, so, I was just making assumption based on age/experience on the above.

Anyway, I don't think any arguments can change my opinion for the time being, so I would say let's pause over here.
Old 2009-11-06, 13:15   Link #117
LastResolve

meh whitebeard is going to die in this arc....wich means a lot of stuff will happen next
Old 2009-11-06, 13:21   Link #118
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxeye View Post
Not gonna rub it in but it was mentioned in the spoilers .

Also I'm interested to see what kind of attacks will WB use and how long will his rampage last before BB inevitably arrives?
Not gonna rub it in but already responded to that point, since someone else already pointed it out.

Why are you so convinced BB will show up? It could be in his best interest to stay out of it for now, especially since he might not be able to stay in the WG's favor after what he did at ID. If he wants to keep his shichibukai title, he has to do something that has a huge impact on the battle. Also, there's the matter of actually reaching Marineford. I am very curious to see what new crewmembers he has gathered though (or whatever his exact goal was).
Old 2009-11-06, 14:08   Link #119
Slayerx

Quote:
Why are you so convinced BB will show up? It could be in his best interest to stay out of it for now, especially since he might not be able to stay in the WG's favor after what he did at ID. If he wants to keep his shichibukai title, he has to do something that has a huge impact on the battle. Also, there's the matter of actually reaching Marineford. I am very curious to see what new crewmembers he has gathered though (or whatever his exact goal was).
one BB getting to mariford... when Luffy's group set out he had recovered from his bout with megellan and was and about halfway down the tower... how long would it take for BB to finish his business in impel down? all in all he may not have set out too long after Luffy, and could show up any minute.

As for doing something that would have a huge impact... personally i thought for a long time that he would land a critical blow in bringing down Whitebeard. Shanks warned WB to be careful of Teach and that he was much more dangerous then he let on... Him being the one to deal such a blow would make that warning come full circle
Old 2009-11-06, 14:56   Link #120
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I doubt Whitebeard is underestimating Teach. He said himself, he had a bad feeling after the whole situation after Thatch was killed. All in all, even if BB wins, I don't think his victory over WB can be classed as being that impressive. WB is wounded, he isn't in his prime anymore.....
Closed Thread