AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-11-13, 08:35   Link #61
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Ever since Taiwan enforced their copyright laws, they have no more mass flooding of illegal bootlegs around in their markets or coming out of it.

The mass of bootlegs coming out these days are from Hong Kong and China. It also seems that they are getting smarter to the demographics of their purchasers ( I just saw an English subtitle only, all region bootleg being sold ).

With that said, I am sour that Tong Li's Vol 5 of School Rumble have not come into my shores yet. So here I sit with the first 4 volumes, staring at Yakumo on Vol 2.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 09:22   Link #62
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Hmm, small gripe about the translation but otherwise an excellent job. Typo in Eri's introduction. It's Lonelier not Lonlier

And care to put in translations for the names of the crew here? Only seen for Yakumo and Eri.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 10:29   Link #63
fun
Yakumo ~~~~~

Send a message via ICQ to fun
I love those notes They makes it even more funny!
fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 11:43   Link #64
Newguy

Am I the only one who misses the side comments?
Newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 13:10   Link #65
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Hmm, small gripe about the translation but otherwise an excellent job. Typo in Eri's introduction. It's Lonelier not Lonlier

And care to put in translations for the names of the crew here? Only seen for Yakumo and Eri.
Yeah, I wasn't completely satisfied with my translation job either. The mangaka writes a lot of the small dialogue by hand and sometimes the kanji are SOOOOOOO messy I can't figure out what they are, even after half an hour of looking it up. But this was my first translation job and I think I got better as it as I went thru the chapter, so I think I'll continue to improve in Volume 2 and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy
Am I the only one who misses the side comments?

For some odd reason, the side comments weren't in our Volume 1 RAWs. We have no idea why. Sorry. But they are in the Volume 2 RAWs so you can look forward to that.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 02:04   Link #66
burrowowl

Btw: a belated "thanks" for picking up this project.
burrowowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 03:02   Link #67
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrowowl
Btw: a belated "thanks" for picking up this project.
You're welcome. Actually it was really good timing on my part. Right when I joined Y-Anime they decided that they were going to do School Rumble and put me to work. They made me translate the very first chapter the night I started! At first I was like but I did it, and then I did about a chapter or two a day and finished it in two weeks.
Old 2004-11-14, 11:25   Link #68
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
You're welcome. Actually it was really good timing on my part. Right when I joined Y-Anime they decided that they were going to do School Rumble and put me to work. They made me translate the very first chapter the night I started! At first I was like but I did it, and then I did about a chapter or two a day and finished it in two weeks.
LOL I hope it doesn't take too long for you to get to volume 6 and 7 cause that's where the interesting stuff starts with Harima and Yakumo.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 11:26   Link #69
Calca
Expressionless

Oh yeah, anyone know where I can find scripts of translations at least on volume 6 and 7 so I can find out what the hell they're saying?
Old 2004-11-14, 16:54   Link #70
burrowowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Oh yeah, anyone know where I can find scripts of translations at least on volume 6 and 7 so I can find out what the hell they're saying?
To my knowledge nobody has put anything like this up. Most of the folks that have been keeping up with the latest raws know how to read Japanese and hence didn't have to create scripts. Give Roots some breathing room and I'm sure he'll be caught up in no time.
burrowowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 17:40   Link #71
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrowowl
To my knowledge nobody has put anything like this up. Most of the folks that have been keeping up with the latest raws know how to read Japanese and hence didn't have to create scripts. Give Roots some breathing room and I'm sure he'll be caught up in no time.
Well we have no choice then...we'll have to enslave roots. Get the shackles and lock the doors. Nothing but bread and water.
Old 2004-11-14, 19:30   Link #72
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Well we have no choice then...we'll have to enslave roots. Get the shackles and lock the doors. Nothing but bread and water.

I'd be happy to translate this fast, but one of my classes is freaking killing me right now with an overflow of work. If it wasn't for that class, I could be over half-way done with volume 2 right now.

Well I translated two more chapters today so I'm not completely out of it. There are other translators working too. There's no way I can do all 7 volumes by myself fast enough to satisfy leecher demand.

頑張る、俺!
Old 2004-11-14, 19:32   Link #73
Sides

someone released ch71 (translated) over on hongfire (ch70 was the last chapter released by mangainc)
check it out if you want, but don't expect much ...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 21:33   Link #74
Newguy

I just read the School rumble Vol 5 Special

Spoiler:

I hope Yanime is going to translate this cause it's funny finding out the cast's past.
Old 2004-11-14, 21:36   Link #75
firstian

May be you should get the impatient leechers to do your class work !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I'd be happy to translate this fast, but one of my classes is freaking killing me right now with an overflow of work. If it wasn't for that class, I could be over half-way done with volume 2 right now.

Well I translated two more chapters today so I'm not completely out of it. There are other translators working too. There's no way I can do all 7 volumes by myself fast enough to satisfy leecher demand.

??????
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 21:41   Link #76
Newguy

Roots as long it's not spanish, math or physics I'll do all your classwork for you as long as you can get school rumble done faster.
Old 2004-11-14, 22:17   Link #77
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy
Roots as long it's not spanish, math or physics I'll do all your classwork for you as long as you can get school rumble done faster.

http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~adnan/gra...4/projects.pdf

Even if someone was capable of doing this for me, I'm not the type of person that turns in something that isn't his own work. For now if you want to help me, well.....I guess you guys can always give me more rep!
Old 2004-11-15, 04:16   Link #78
KoroshiyaX
X

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 06:25   Link #79
fun
Yakumo ~~~~~

Send a message via ICQ to fun
Spoiler:
fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 06:40   Link #80
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

The thing is, Tenma never really grows up in the series. Sure she's funny in a dense as concrete sort of way, but you can only carry that so far. Harima on the other hand goes from bad boy to having a very interesting creative outlet for his rage, frustration and disappointment in love. He very nearly scores big on a number of occasions.
Spoiler:
Really, his self restraint is pretty much legendary by now. ^^;

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hige, ojou, school