AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 09:59   Link #21061
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Paint may dry on the surface pretty quick but the inner layer sometimes isn't dry.. i recommend letting it cure for a day just to be on the safe side.. Believe me rushing will only cause more problems.. and bite you back in the ass.. Top coat can react differently to so include that with things that can go wrong.

Cheers and have fun with painting.
can't wait till tomorrow, gonna get the paint tomorrow, hopefully no sudden plan for the weekend
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:00   Link #21062
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
can't wait till tomorrow, gonna get the paint tomorrow, hopefully no sudden plan for the weekend
have fun painting it^^ and dont worry, tamiya black never gave me any problems so far. i always got a nice and smooth surface without any bubbles on the pieces.

also, like i said before here is a photo of my unicorn with the gatlings and also my other unicorn MGs :P

buidling the knock-off gatling guns sucked... the pieces really didnt fit well at all, especially after paining them. but at least they look ok with some paint :T
its also a shame that i cant put on the shield on either arm with the guns slapped on because they go into the same connector as the shield. and i really like the unicorns shield... but oh well, i can always just swap them when i want to^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:47   Link #21063
skyboy928

looking pretty good. too bad Bandai will never release add-on stuff on the side, it would be nice if they do.
Old 2011-07-08, 13:51   Link #21064
Appel

Quote:
looking pretty good. too bad Bandai will never release add-on stuff on the side, it would be nice if they do.
true, that would be pretty neat :T but you are right, i highly doubt that they will ever do that...
Old 2011-07-08, 15:31   Link #21065
skyboy928

however they don't mind to release a slightly different version of the same one over and over again. lol
like Zeong, then Perfect Zeong, like Striker then Sky Grasper...... then Rouge.......
Old 2011-07-08, 15:37   Link #21066
Appel

Quote:
however they don't mind to release a slightly different version of the same one over and over again. lol
like Zeong, then Perfect Zeong, like Striker then Sky Grasper...... then Rouge.......
yeah thats true^^ bandai really does love to give us the same molds over and over again :P but i wont complain about that because that means we will probably get the unicorn banshee, too!^^

and about those extra weapons, they probably dont release them because they were packed with books and magazines. maybe they simply cant release them for legal reasons.
but i can live with that. i can live perfectly fine without most of the extra parts and if i really do want one of those its not like we cant order the magazine that it comes with. and if worst comes to worst a knock off with some paint will work as well :P not as good but at least they are cheap. i paid 15€ for the 2 pairs of gatlings for example, including shipping.
Old 2011-07-08, 15:49   Link #21067
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
yeah thats true^^ bandai really does love to give us the same molds over and over again :P but i wont complain about that because that means we will probably get the unicorn banshee, too!^^

and about those extra weapons, they probably dont release them because they were packed with books and magazines. maybe they simply cant release them for legal reasons.
but i can live with that. i can live perfectly fine without most of the extra parts and if i really do want one of those its not like we cant order the magazine that it comes with. and if worst comes to worst a knock off with some paint will work as well :P not as good but at least they are cheap. i paid 15€ for the 2 pairs of gatlings for example, including shipping.
i didn't know there's weapon come with magazine
which one is that? maybe i should try to look for them next time when i go NYC
Old 2011-07-08, 15:54   Link #21068
Appel

Quote:
i didn't know there's weapon come with magazine
which one is that? maybe i should try to look for them next time when i go NYC
there are many parts that come with japanese hobby magazines or novels.
the GN sword IV for the HG OOQ came with hobby japan for example. i think they also had the parts to make the GM wagtail.
the gatling guns for the unicorn and the bazooka for the sinanju came with certain gundam unicorn novels.
Old 2011-07-08, 16:14   Link #21069
skyboy928

i see. now when will i go NYC next time......
Old 2011-07-09, 04:09   Link #21070
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

God this thing is beautiful!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7AHOacIRZd.../s1600/111.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mnHF6GGabe...U/s1600/10.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 05:32   Link #21071
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
definitely getting that to my growing GM army!! Heck In UC. Gundams wins battles but Gm's wins the wars!!
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 05:40   Link #21072
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
definitely getting that to my growing GM army!! Heck In UC. Gundams wins battles but Gm's wins the wars!!
Hah, that's a good one!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 01:14   Link #21073
skyboy928

so i went and got the paint today, but now my new project is to clean up my room a bit before i could put more, so i guess the painting will have to postone at least another week....... anyway, i'm now about to say goodbye to all the boxes that i have been collecting.............. before i toss them out i'll take a picture of them. now simply stack them up one by one, just by looking at it, it feel like i went to a model kit store
Old 2011-07-10, 03:27   Link #21074
Appel

Quote:
so i went and got the paint today, but now my new project is to clean up my room a bit before i could put more, so i guess the painting will have to postone at least another week....... anyway, i'm now about to say goodbye to all the boxes that i have been collecting.............. before i toss them out i'll take a picture of them. now simply stack them up one by one, just by looking at it, it feel like i went to a model kit store
thats why i just cut off the cover art of the box :P that way i can throw away the rest and still keep the nice box art ^^
Old 2011-07-10, 07:01   Link #21075
skyboy928

Quote:
thats why i just cut off the cover art of the box :P that way i can throw away the rest and still keep the nice box art ^^
that's what i'm gonna do from now on......
Old 2011-07-10, 07:23   Link #21076
Appel

Quote:
that's what i'm gonna do from now on......
the top part is the only important part of the box anyway :P on the sides you just have information like how you could pose it and stuff like that.
i do keep 3 boxes to store supplies though. 2 for extra parts and the manuals and one for my paints.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:08   Link #21077
skyboy928

Quote:
the top part is the only important part of the box anyway :P on the sides you just have information like how you could pose it and stuff like that.
i do keep 3 boxes to store supplies though. 2 for extra parts and the manuals and one for my paints.
if only i have more space. i sure don't want to trash them,some of them been with me for more than decade.
by the way, how many kits do you actually have?
Old 2011-07-10, 09:53   Link #21078
Appel

Quote:
if only i have more space. i sure don't want to trash them,some of them been with me for more than decade.
by the way, how many kits do you actually have?
counting the O raiser seperately and the exia avalanche dash that i still have to put together i have 28 models. 16 master grades, 6 1/144 high grades, 4 1/100 no grades, 1 real grade and 1 perfect grade.

my master grades are:
aile strike
freedom
strike freedom
exia ignition mode
OO raiser
OO Qan[t]
MK-II 2.0 AEUG colors
shin musha gundam sengoku no jin
sword impulse
sinanju ver.ka titanium finish
unicorn ver.ka titanium finish
rezel
wing gundam EW
deathscythe hell EW
wing zero
Ex-S

my high grades are:
dynames trans-am colors
cherudim
OO gundam
brave commander
ginn high maneuver
exia avalanche' (dash)

my no grades are:
OO gundam
O raiser
launcher strike
buster gundam

my only real grade model is the RX-78-2 and my perfect grade is the astray red frame.

other models that i have but that i have in the same shelf are the kotobukiya 1/144 ikaruga hitekkai, an armored core model that i still have to finish and the revell USS voyager :P

its not really a big collection but i suppose its quite alright for someone who is just collecting them for less than a year^^
Old 2011-07-10, 17:40   Link #21079
skyboy928

Quote:
counting the O raiser seperately and the exia avalanche dash that i still have to put together i have 28 models. 16 master grades, 6 1/144 high grades, 4 1/100 no grades, 1 real grade and 1 perfect grade.

my master grades are:
aile strike
freedom
strike freedom
exia ignition mode
OO raiser
OO Qan[t]
MK-II 2.0 AEUG colors
shin musha gundam sengoku no jin
sword impulse
sinanju ver.ka titanium finish
unicorn ver.ka titanium finish
rezel
wing gundam EW
deathscythe hell EW
wing zero
Ex-S

my high grades are:
dynames trans-am colors
cherudim
OO gundam
brave commander
ginn high maneuver
exia avalanche' (dash)

my no grades are:
OO gundam
O raiser
launcher strike
buster gundam

my only real grade model is the RX-78-2 and my perfect grade is the astray red frame.

other models that i have but that i have in the same shelf are the kotobukiya 1/144 ikaruga hitekkai, an armored core model that i still have to finish and the revell USS voyager :P

its not really a big collection but i suppose its quite alright for someone who is just collecting them for less than a year^^
not bad at all, since you only collect it in less than a year, if you keep this up, you would have more than me in no time.
Old 2011-07-10, 17:52   Link #21080
Appel

Quote:
not bad at all, since you only collect it in less than a year, if you keep this up, you would have more than me in no time.
the problem is that im running out of space again :P i dont even know whether i will collect them that much in the future or not. i dont really collect them anyway, i just build them for the fun of it^^

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy