AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-31, 22:12   Link #301
psycoking
kyōki-ō

After 209 I tought lee was gonna die. But with this whole drunken boxing thing I give him a 50% chance of living. My guess they'll both beat on each other untill their both almost dead. If the whole "kimimaru spazims in his moment of triumph" thing happens, then most likely lee, whose also medically unfit to fight, will spaz out to. Lee'll most likly live through this, probably with some lame excuse about how the sake lossened up his musciles and thus minimized damage to his body.
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 23:05   Link #302
ardon
The Bastard

Send a message via MSN to ardon Send a message via Yahoo to ardon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabishi_Recca
You know if this board gets shut down because the feds noticed that you've threatened to send an explosive to the home of an individual in another country, it'll be ruined for everyone else on this website, including fan subbers. The government will go after them with a "two birds with one stone ideology". Maybe in the future you ought to watch your mouth. And don't give me that, "I'm just joking" crap. I've seen people get arrested for even joking with the notion to do something like that. You wanna vent your frustrations do it somewhere else.
OMG... STFU... Thats about a load of crap...

Quote:
If the Feds are wasting my tax dollars reading anime message boards then I'm going to start dropping bombs too...
I Agree....
ardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 23:13   Link #303
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Just read the chapter (thanks inane!)

And I gotta say...hilarious stuff. I just couldn't help chuckle at the drunk Lee. Never saw that one coming.

Go Kishimoto! Keep 'em comin'
And go Lee!
Old 2004-03-31, 23:51   Link #304
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

LOVED the chapter. Kishimoto keeps throwing surprise after surprise at us...

As for those who think that a comedic fight is misplaced amidst all this tension and drama, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book-

-Build up tension, drama, whatever emotions that will get the reader/viewer very involved
-Before it hits a breaking point (ie: where the person says "jesus this is too much I can't take any more"), throw in something to lighten the mood just a little.
-Shortly thereafter you can continue building tension without passing a breaking point. When you resume, your tension doesn't start at ground zero again. It's diminished from the comedy, but there's always some. So by giving the reader/viewer a break, you allow the show/book/whatever to reach amazingly high levels of tension that will leave the reader/viewer breathless at the climax.

Or whatever.

I loved this chapter, though. It's so exciting to see Lee back in action.

This is totally off topic, but for those who have played the second GC Naruto game, don't you think it is about time for them to pump out a third? Think about it.

-Keep characters from second game, add some moves
-Combine characters that should be combined (Sasuke and Sharingan Sasuke, ditto for Kakashi, Naruto) and give them something like a down + X move to transform.
-Add characters that possibly should've been in second game (shino, chouji, temari, ten ten, etc etc)
-Add characters that have since appeared or taken a significant role (the sound's 5/4)
-And for hidden characters, rather than Sharingan Kakashi, Sasuke, and Orochimaru (and others), have things like... Level 2 Curse Seal Sasuke, Itachi (:drool, and Drunken Boxing Lee.

Jesus, what fun it would be!!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic.
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:02   Link #305
Uchiha Itachi
S-Class CriMiNiMiNaL

i think u guys r underestimating Lee too much. i kno that kimimaro is the strongest of the sound and all, but cmon...dis is Lee...if u guys read the vertical writing on the left side of the last page, it says that even Gai fears drunken Lee......just a thought.....
Uchiha Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:26   Link #306
wilecoyot
always beta genius

ok great chapter hehe....good idea to make Lee an alcoholic ...but like other people or animals on this forum I am asking mysef the same question: Is Lee able to use opening gates while drunk? Is so...great...if not so...great too ... at least they gave him something, like others have...naruto has kyubi, sasuke sharingan, sakura double mind, etc. Now he has....liquer. hehe
SO what do u think....if Lee gets beaten...would his next surgery be liver transplant?
hehe
wilecoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:38   Link #307
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Yeah first a liver transplant then a couple months at Alcoholics Anonymous.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 02:31   Link #308
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Itachi
i think u guys r underestimating Lee too much. i kno that kimimaro is the strongest of the sound and all, but cmon...dis is Lee...if u guys read the vertical writing on the left side of the last page, it says that even Gai fears drunken Lee......just a thought.....
plus kimimaro is going to die soon... .... ...

though it seems that lee is to straight, and unfluid in his movement.

this will probably be a rather large leap in his skill if he can capitalize on the new ideas that kimimaro will bring to the surface.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 02:38   Link #309
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
plus kimimaro is going to die soon... .... ...

though it seems that lee is to straight, and unfluid in his movement.

this will probably be a rather large leap in his skill if he can capitalize on the new ideas that kimimaro will bring to the surface.
He's already capitalizing on it because he's now freking drunk. It's a fluke circumstance, n obviously it counters Kimimaro's point on Lee.
Old 2004-04-01, 03:49   Link #310
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
lol..just read the manga.. this is funny, lee is going to be increadibly powerful now , i mean ..he knocked out Gui when doing drunken fist, hahaha its soo funny, when i woke up the hole place was distroyed , gui said. Lee is a natural drunken fist user. LOL , its gonna be a bad ass fight.. does lee have his weights on ?? i would think they would be off , but it didnt say , and it didnt show him moving as fast as he was before... maybe he was just testing kimi out.

but also this is sumthing the manga pointed at a long time ago again, just like naruto and the toads , and how sasuke naruto and sakura are like the 3 sannin. one of the title pages of the manga shows Gui drunk and offering Lee alchohol and sayin he would teach him drunkin fist, and lee says no he is to young, or sumthign like that
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 09:39   Link #311
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

OK guyz we officially lost Kimimaro. Lee beat Gai in drunken stance wow!!!! We know who the strongest genin now is........

Still Naruto
Old 2004-04-01, 11:50   Link #312
realdeal
The Real Deal

lee knocked out gai, my guess is he would come out of this fight the ebst compare to all other genins. Which IMO is just fair since hes been out of real training for soem tiem cos of his injury, if others went out of training too for a while its even the tables out.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 12:48   Link #313
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
lee knocked out gai, my guess is he would come out of this fight the ebst compare to all other genins. Which IMO is just fair since hes been out of real training for soem tiem cos of his injury, if others went out of training too for a while its even the tables out.
wouldn't lee being out of training for a while make it more likely he'd lose? Even with the 1 handed push-ups and whatever else he was doing to keep in shape, he'd still be off his game a little. It's like a pro athlete, when they come back from an injury they're never 100% no matter how much they've been trying to keep in shape.
Old 2004-04-01, 15:07   Link #314
wb_hicks

a stance even gai fears is saying alot. i have to agree that lee may come out of this in the best shape compared to the others. i guess anyone wondering if kimi has a lvl 2 to his seal will come to light very soon. and all the hype on the sound four was over done since the juunin said if they wasnt already tired from their mission they wouldnt be like this. (that or they dont want admitt they got their ass handed to them so they need a excuse to why they lost). the only thing this arc is missing now is shino. if lee can take naruto's place fighting kimi then shino should be able to take kiba place fighting sakon since kiba already lost to him. they would be the perfect match up because both sakon and shino have things living off of them. naruto's generation of leaf nin maybe the strongest in the leaf history as they get older.

the naruto vs sasuke fight i think the only way naruto going to bring sasuke back is half dead. their match up is almost even
naruto ....................sasuke
kyubi.........................curse seal
creativity...................sharingan
reflexes.....................speed
resangen...................chori
uzamaki renden(s).....lion renden & lee's taijutsu
shadow clones...........various fire jutsu
toad summoning

and who knows what new things they will come up with to win.

Last edited by wb_hicks; 2004-04-01 at 18:08.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 17:26   Link #315
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Well it doesn't say that Gai got beat by a drunk Lee ... but it does say that Gai doesn't like to mess with a drunk Lee.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 17:33   Link #316
Spike9711137

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
but also this is sumthing the manga pointed at a long time ago again, just like naruto and the toads , and how sasuke naruto and sakura are like the 3 sannin. one of the title pages of the manga shows Gui drunk and offering Lee alchohol and sayin he would teach him drunkin fist, and lee says no he is to young, or sumthign like that
are you sure that was one of the title pages? 0.o
Spike9711137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:59   Link #317
AnimeFangirl

Yeah, volume 10 chapter 82 title page. The only problem is, I have that page raw and it doesn't have any text on it apart from the title, "Lee no Himitsu." Lee no Himitsu ALSO happens to be the exact same title of chapter 210. Coincidence? I think not.
As I said, there's no other text on that page in vol 8 apart from the title, so it doesn't say anything about "Sorry Gai, I can't learn suiken till I'm 20," or whatever it was. However, bear in mind that this was a scan from the volume, and the original Shounen Jump chapter might have had that text on that page.
Old 2004-04-01, 20:49   Link #318
Spike9711137

hah your right, i got proven wrong ><. I never read the manga that far back. Heres a picture of that cover: http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.p...=chapter082_02

I guess this is solid evidence that the early chapter covers have a significance in the future.
Spike9711137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 22:29   Link #319
AnimeFangirl

Or maybe Kishimoto had completely forgotten about it, until last week when he was re-reading it and thought, "Oh, this looks kinda cool!"
Seriously, though, if he foresaw this kind of situation happening WAY back around vol 10 and deliberately had things happen the way they did, then hats and shoes off to Kishimoto-sensei. That's some serious advance planning.
Old 2004-04-01, 23:35   Link #320
Lost World
Banned

Well, I have faith that Lee can win this fight. He is a genius (as proclaimed by Kakashi) and he is (was?) one of the leaf's strongest four Genin according to Kishimoto (Lee, Naruto, Sasuke, Neji). Neither Chouji, Shikamaru or Kiba have visibly improved enough to surpass him, so I still think he is one of the strongest four. This fight should go well for him.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote