AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 02:22   Link #3121
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oakland is talking with Calson Plamer to get a QB to replace injured Campbell....

Really...REALLY?!

And flock yes, Grossman is a scrub. Washington continue to pick terribad QBs.

So...thoughts on the fracas between Schwartz and Harbaugh? Honestly, I've received harder handshakes/slaps on the back when meeting someone than what Harbaugh dealt. There was nothing malicious - the guy was excited! Seriously, if this is the talk of the next week, I am going to be shocked an appalled.

Predictions for Dameshek's next shame report:

Rex Grossman
Detroit Head Coach Schwartz for being a wimp
Denver for trading Brandon Lloyd
Pittsburgh for being weaksauce against Jacksonville
Whoever called that stupid weak hit on Tampa as unnecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter

Get Out Of Shame Free Card to Sean Payton. You know why!
Old 2011-10-17, 02:46   Link #3122
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Oakland is talking with Calson Plamer to get a QB to replace injured Campbell....

Really...REALLY?!

And flock yes, Grossman is a scrub. Washington continue to pick terribad QBs.

So...thoughts on the fracas between Schwartz and Harbaugh? Honestly, I've received harder handshakes/slaps on the back when meeting someone than what Harbaugh dealt. There was nothing malicious - the guy was excited! Seriously, if this is the talk of the next week, I am going to be shocked an appalled.

Predictions for Dameshek's next shame report:

Rex Grossman
Detroit Head Coach Schwartz for being a wimp
Denver for trading Brandon Lloyd
Pittsburgh for being weaksauce against Jacksonville
Whoever called that stupid weak hit on Tampa as unnecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter

Get Out Of Shame Free Card to Sean Payton. You know why!
I doubt Mike Brown lets Palmer get traded, even though it would be a smart move for his franchise. Oakland could always go after David Garrard if they're really desperate. Eventually he might even be an upgrade over Campbell anyways.

As for the Schwartz/Harbaugh thing, I think Schwartz made too big a deal out of it. Perhaps Harbaugh could have held back a little on his excitement, but at the same time this is football. It's an emotional game, and Harbaugh didn't shove the win in his face. He just gave him a really enthusiastic handshake. I think Schwartz might still be a little ticked he didn't get the 49ers job in 2005. During the actual game Schwartz was seen jeering on the sidelines and teasing Harbaugh a little because Harbaugh challenged a scoring play, which resulted in a penalty. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:55   Link #3123
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just seen post-game conferences of both coaches on NFL.com. Harbaugh was very apologetic for it...I find it bizarre he almost seems coerced to do so. I guess he's trying to prevent the scenario from becoming a minefield. But do things have to be so sanitised? I bet Al Davis turned in his grave when Scwarthz lost the plot. Rivalry, passion and a bit of banter is part of the game. Seriously, if Harbaugh is getting heat for this, I seriously hope the Ryan brothers get some back for the trash talking barrage they always dish out every week.

Thought that occurred to me after watching some highlights - are other people also of the opinion the teams that play more physical styles are struggling in the early part of the season due to the lockout cutting the pre-season down? Steelers, Jets and Bears have been well sub-par and pride themselves on physical football. Only the 49ers seem to be playing a high level of physical football thus far. The Ravens could also be on the positive side, but I honestly think Ray Rice is flattering Joe Flacco's performances. Flacco's completion rate is barely pushing 50% while Rice is just blasting defense to pieces. Flacco needs to lift his game or Baltimore will get burnt hard by offensively strong/physical sides sides. Weeks 11 and 12 - when they play the Bengals and 49ers - is when I'll finally get a vibe for where Baltimore as at. Before then - Jacksonville, Arizona, Pittsburgh and Seattle - not really much to gauge on before then.
Old 2011-10-17, 06:38   Link #3124
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Not only is Harbaugh getting heat for this, but I see a LOT of people defending Schwartz. I have no idea why. Harbaugh is allowed to be excited. Schwartz is coming off like a major d-bag to me.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 06:45   Link #3125
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I was very leery of this game given Tampa's beatdown last week...When a good team gets jacked like that they always comeback strong, but who knew they'd knock our coach out of the game to the tune of a MCL tear and broken kneecap (WTF?!)...Our offensive gameplan suffered so much by Payton leaving the game, but we still had a chance to win despite 4 horrific turnovers...
o_O that's...wow, that's something right there, don't think you hear about a coach getting hit like that...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 07:48   Link #3126
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
o_O that's...wow, that's something right there, don't think you hear about a coach getting hit like that...
Sean Payton was quoted as saying 'Surgery on Monday then back to work on Tuesday!'

Now there is a man who doesn't let adversity get in the way.
Old 2011-10-17, 09:08   Link #3127
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I can see that happening, he just probably won't be running around
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 10:43   Link #3128
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^He can say what he wants to say, but his leg effin HURTS, and that will be an issue moving forward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Not only is Harbaugh getting heat for this, but I see a LOT of people defending Schwartz. I have no idea why. Harbaugh is allowed to be excited. Schwartz is coming off like a major d-bag to me.
The level of over-analysis this thing is getting is beyond words, but at it's core it appears an overhyped Harbaugh (on the handshake) pushes Swartz in the back as almost to dismiss him...I know he didn't mean it, but that's how it played out and most coaches in this league wouldn't have appreciated that...I don't care much, but this is the NFL...Get your House of Pain-on after the win, but when you shake the opposing coaches hand, don't be jumping and hitting him in the back...Harbaugh will learn from this, and Swartz looks GAR, so it's a win-win for him...
Old 2011-10-18, 03:57   Link #3129
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
People are quick to forget that Schwartz has had his moments of over-exuberance as well. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. And during the course of the actual game this went down:

Funny no one wants to talk about this.

Quote:
--Coach Jim Harbaugh was cited for unsportsmanlike conduct for tossing a challenge flag to dispute Brandon Pettigrew's 9-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter.

TV replays showed Detroit coach Jim Schwartz yelling across the field at Harbaugh. He appeared to say, "Know the rules, Harbaugh" -- with, perhaps, a little colorful language thrown in there, as well.

Harbaugh claimed after the game -- and after his little post-game shake-and-shove with Schwartz -- that he did know the rule. But he threw the flag anyway in hopes it would buy time for the mandatory replay review to alert Carey to take a look at the play.

The 49ers were penalized 15 yards, and Carey never reviewed the play.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...88&feedID=2800

The worst part of this entire fiasco was watching NFL Network gameday and Michael Irvin sharing his "thoughts" on what went down after the Lions and 49ers game. He claimed that there actually was malice involved on Harbaugh's fault and that it was intentional and pretty much put the blame on him. And then he, of all people went on to talk about the "dignity" of the NFL. Really Irvin, you're going to talk about dignity?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 06:27   Link #3130
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The worst part of this entire fiasco was watching NFL Network gameday and Michael Irvin sharing his "thoughts" on what went down after the Lions and 49ers game. He claimed that there actually was malice involved on Harbaugh's fault and that it was intentional and pretty much put the blame on him. And then he, of all people went on to talk about the "dignity" of the NFL. Really Irvin, you're going to talk about dignity?
Unbelievable.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 14:22   Link #3131
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm actually surprised more people on the sideline don't get injured, since you have 'regular people' standing there with giant monstrous athletes routinely jettisoning towards them to get out of bounds.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:45   Link #3132
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Raiders really don't give a damn about draft picks, do they?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:23   Link #3133
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They took Carson Palmer...really, Oakland? Really...
Old 2011-10-18, 18:52   Link #3134
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Palmer is a Raider.

Personally, I think they waaaaaaaaay overpaid for him, but hey...maybe I'm pleasantly surprised.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 19:06   Link #3135
Kyuu
=^^=

Fantasy Football: I picked up Palmer on Waivers last week thinking that the trade happened. I dropped him when I realized afterwards. And now... @#$^@$&@$%^@$%#... my odds of getting him back are slim.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 22:03   Link #3136
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Jason Campbell...Poor Jason Campbell T_T...
Old 2011-10-18, 22:06   Link #3137
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Yeah, Campbell was playing pretty well; broken collarbones suck.

Anyhoo:

lol
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 06:21   Link #3138
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Dameshek was pretty spot on this week. No Get Out of Shame Free Card though. Just 5 Shames.

#5 - Anyone who injured a coach. Apparently three got injured this week?!
#4 - Jason Garrett, or rather Tony Romo. Yeah...his play calling with 3 minutes to go...(Honorable shame to Mark Sanchez for being terrible versus Miami)
#3 - Oakland for being stupid enough to burn two draft picks on Carson Palmer. Short-term fix for long term loss...Oakland doesn't have a pick until the 5th round next draft!
#2 - Rex Grossman for being Rex Grossman
#1 - Hargbaugh and Schwartz, but only Scwarthz for the scuffle. Harbaugh for the...belly?! What belly?! I can't see a freaking belly on Harbaugh?! If Harbaugh has one, what the hell do the Ryan brothers have?!
Old 2011-10-19, 06:52   Link #3139
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The Raiders really don't give a damn about draft picks, do they?
As a raider fan I don't mind too much.
Raiders are always better at finding late round talent anyway.

And the second 1st round is if they make the championship game which I would love to see happen.

This is an Al Davis type trade if I ever saw one,the guy might be dead but his spirit definatly lives on in the current staff.
Old 2011-10-19, 06:59   Link #3140
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

In terms of taking a gamble on someone risky, it was very Davis. But Davis didn't burn draft picks like that.

Tags
american football, sports