AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 20:25   Link #921
Samari
World's Greatest

Isaac Bruce retired the other day. His press conference was really insightful. He was the only St.Louis Ram I really respected. Definitely had a great career and I think he belongs in Canton one day down the road.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 20:37   Link #922
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Isaac Bruce retired the other day. His press conference was really insightful. He was the only St.Louis Ram I really respected. Definitely had a great career and I think he belongs in Canton one day down the road.
Haven't see him play alot and I've seen their commercial on NFL Network, he's a very funny guy at least I can tell about it.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:04   Link #923
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Haven't see him play alot and I've seen their commercial on NFL Network, he's a very funny guy at least I can tell about it.
Really? Bruce is one of the quietest players I've ever seen.

Here are some highlights of Issac Bruce from 1995 to 1999:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A357wjcgOBw

2000 to 2003:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iokN6...eature=related

From 2004 to 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pARL...eature=related

Now I really remember how obnoxious it used to be playing against Bruce twice a year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:36   Link #924
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, it was a "team building years" ahead anyway but USC Trojans got nuked with NCAA punishments for recruiting infractions over the 2003ish time period.

I mostly feel sorry for the innocent and bystanders that get punished by these penalties. Often the actual culprits are long gone.
Old 2010-06-10, 21:53   Link #925
solomon

Pac 10 race will be MUCH more interesting later on because of it though.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:23   Link #926
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well, it was a "team building years" ahead anyway but USC Trojans got nuked with NCAA punishments for recruiting infractions over the 2003ish time period.

I mostly feel sorry for the innocent and bystanders that get punished by these penalties. Often the actual culprits are long gone.
Yeah, because this stuff hasn't continued at USC since Reggie Bush left.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 15:51   Link #927
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

To make matters worst for USC, the NCAA has allowed for any USC juniors or seniors to transfer without having to sit a year. I bet Mitch Mustain will be the on the first bus out lol.

And have there ever been such a huge conference shake-up like this in the modern era? The biggest I remember was Miami and FSU bolting from the Big East to the ACC a couple of years ago. It's strange because I never heard a peep about this a year ago or hell, two months ago. What's left of the Big 12 best shot (if all these teams truly bounce) would to convince and non-BCS conference to merge and convince Notre Dame to join, but that looks like only a slim possibility.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-06-11 at 16:05.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 17:31   Link #928
solomon

Hey man, it's history.

I REALLY hope the remnants don't get shafted ESPECIALLY KU!! Couldn't then congress get involved? It's criminal that ANY school is getting shafted but especially the kansas city three and ESPECIALLY Kansas!

Also Dilla, aren't you a Tar Heel fan?

Some dudes on a UVA board I frequent have these WAY OUT SEC type expansions where they take UNC and UVA for some reason. Just for laughs, whats your thought on that?
Old 2010-06-11, 17:32   Link #929
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

You're in the Pacific Northwest right, Vexx? Do you watch ball or have any teams you follow? I think the Ducks could benefit BIG Time from the fallout.
Old 2010-06-11, 18:06   Link #930
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Hey man, it's history.

I REALLY hope the remnants don't get shafted ESPECIALLY KU!! Couldn't then congress get involved? It's criminal that ANY school is getting shafted but especially the kansas city three and ESPECIALLY Kansas!

Also Dilla, aren't you a Tar Heel fan?

Some dudes on a UVA board I frequent have these WAY OUT SEC type expansions where they take UNC and UVA for some reason. Just for laughs, whats your thought on that?
Independents in football don't have it so tough, at least not compared to basketball. Losing their BCS status would suck, though.

And yes, I am a UNC fan, but I don't think that idea really has much merit, at least in the short term. The plus side to that would be that UNC and UVA would likely acquire pipeline states to recruit from such as Florida, where arguably the most talent is located (other than Texas). And from UNC's perspective, it could create a 'Battle of the Border' type rivalry with South Carolina and create high revenue for both schools. However, both teams would likely be stuck at the bottom of the SEC Totem Pole for quite a while.

UNC and LSU play each other for the next three years at the Georgia Dome for the opener. I expect UNC to lose this year, but I'm curious to how competitive they will be. If they win, I would be elated.

God, I hope they bench TJ Yates and start Bryn Renner.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-06-11 at 18:38.
Old 2010-06-11, 20:36   Link #931
solomon

Still don't believe in Yates? Ioono man, starting freshman, in the Georgia Dome kickoff? He may crack, then again I guess Yates could too, but I expect him to have matured.

Dude, as an ACC fan, I am not greedy in football. Realistically, I just want to be in a place to win the conference at least ONCE every DECADE.
Old 2010-06-11, 21:43   Link #932
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Not being greedy, it's just that based on the fact that I've seen Yates play for three years and he hasn't improved enough to be a major asset. In fact, Yates took a step back last year. Statistically, he played worst last year than he did his freshman year.

Renner is a redshirt freshman, so technically he's is a sophomore. I would still be worried about the experience factor in a place as intense as the Georgia Dome, but I honestly feel Yates wouldn't be much better. UNC hasn't been in this big a game in over a decade.

In any case, it's the QB position holding UNC back. There is talent in every other offensive position. Davis has more talented defensive players coming in as freshman and almost every projected 2011 NFL Draft has at least one UNC defensive player listed as a pick in the top three rounds. If the offense can put up 20 a game, then UNC is in for a good year.

Davis is aware of all the talent that will be graduating after this year, so I think that he'll pull the trigger on a change if the season starts terribly.

Edit: I basically agree with this guy.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-06-11 at 22:17.
Old 2010-06-13, 13:50   Link #933
Highman

Quote:
Still don't believe in Yates? Ioono man, starting freshman, in the Georgia Dome kickoff? He may crack, then again I guess Yates could too, but I expect him to have matured.

Dude, as an ACC fan, I am not greedy in football. Realistically, I just want to be in a place to win the conference at least ONCE every DECADE.
AS a Florida State Seminoles fan, you will never win the ACC season or championship title. Long as you be in our trenches, prepare to "Fear the Spear".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_vpfblTqng
Old 2010-06-13, 13:58   Link #934
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Yeah, because this stuff hasn't continued at USC since Reggie Bush left.
Just like I said from earlier posts, Reggie Bush is a dead man, even O.J. Mayo, Pete Carroll and the Athletic Directors of the whole sports program in USC.

Now Lane Kiffin has hoist up the mantle for this, it's going to be a crazy when USC plays against UCLA. Plus Rick Neuhaisel has alot of faith in his football, I promise you the swagger will change in Southern California. UCLA will become a powerful Dynasty in years to come.
Old 2010-06-13, 14:35   Link #935
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
AS a Florida State Seminoles fan, you will never win the ACC season or championship title. Long as you be in our trenches, prepare to "Fear the Spear".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_vpfblTqng
Time is never static, after all I remember UVA being co champions with you injuns in 95.
Old 2010-06-13, 15:09   Link #936
Highman

Quote:
Time is never static, after all I remember UVA being co champions with you injuns in 95.
But did it had your teams name on it ? Of course not because you were bottom in the barrel.

Florida State will win the ACC Championship because our power and strength, like always that sleeping giant never dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD4az...ext=1&index=21
Old 2010-06-13, 16:06   Link #937
solomon

It would seem that nothing is set in stone with the conference fiasco.

Rumordly, the boards at Texas and TAMU are mired in infighting over their respective schools probable destinations.

Does any one think that the whole "cultural fit" argument is a little ioono IRRELEVANT? Obviously no one really cares about such things with super conferences on the horizon, yet it always manages to come up on fan boards.

Also I wish Texas would just do the simple thing and go to the SEC, this is about football not academics, i dunno why the pointy head Austin academia have their panties in a bunch. Texas and TAMU in the SEC would be, well EPIC to say the least.
Old 2010-06-13, 17:18   Link #938
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Sources also say that if all these teams do go to new conferences, what's left of the Big 12 (Kansas, Kansas St., Mizzou) would join the Mountain West, which would used as leverage along with the addition of Boise State to be the replacement BCS conference. Except for Baylor that is, which would suck for them in basketball. C-USA could offer, I guess.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-06-13 at 18:12.
Old 2010-06-13, 19:49   Link #939
Highman

Quote:
It would seem that nothing is set in stone with the conference fiasco.

Rumordly, the boards at Texas and TAMU are mired in infighting over their respective schools probable destinations.

Does any one think that the whole "cultural fit" argument is a little ioono IRRELEVANT? Obviously no one really cares about such things with super conferences on the horizon, yet it always manages to come up on fan boards.

Also I wish Texas would just do the simple thing and go to the SEC, this is about football not academics, i dunno why the pointy head Austin academia have their panties in a bunch. Texas and TAMU in the SEC would be, well EPIC to say the least.
Blame Nebraska for accepting the Big Ten because of their soon Massive Development Research in campus soon. Obvious money is what they care, not about pride and the love of the game.

Alot of Cornhuskers agree that Nebraska made a stupid move entirely for their department.

One more the BCS is in fault too, they deserve the flank and hatred over this. Right now only people are sad are Division II-A teams who are trying to jump shark into better conference and grow their program in the future.
Old 2010-06-13, 21:44   Link #940
solomon

Bad move by Nebraska? Certainly aint what I heard on the message boards and call ins on Omaha talk radio.

Let's just stop talking about 1-AA it's obvious that the BCS doesn't care about em. Hell they don't care about Kansas!

Tags
american football, sports