AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-28, 10:45   Link #81
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
You've got it all backwards. Everything is tied to the Sisters Arc. Level Upper was based on the Misaka Network.
As far as I believe, it is all tied to the Dolly Clone Project and secondarily the Misaka Network. It seems like Dolly has some connection to Misaka Imouto from what we saw in chapter 71.5 and the vague memories that Misaka Imouto might of thought that she had.

I am personally hoping that all of this ends up coming together and eventually becoming a large plot point in the main storyline. What has really got me hooked is all this exploration of how networks affect AIM and the ideas of possible multi-skill, dual-skill, networks of espers, and so on. I feel like it could all be foreshadowing for information about
Spoiler for New Testament 6:
, how the Misaka network is going to be used in Aleister's plans,
Spoiler for New Testament 6:
, and other explorations of science-side characters. Though, to be honest, after last arc, I now believe that important things can happen in this manga as well, so I'm trying to get my hopes up.

The only reason I'm not really getting them up is that AllFictions the voice of reason on this forum (since he's not here I'll try to speak for him) would say that Kamachi gave us plot last arc exactly so that we would be more hopeful, feel this way, and read the Railgun manga more intently.

Though, I have to say that I am surprised that Gunha isn't set to appear again. I just found this weird and at least unnecessary to mention. I remember other characters were described as not coming back as well when we got the spoilers concerning Railgun a while back.

If I have to say one thing I dislike about Railgun though, it would probably be that some of its fans claim that characters like ITEM are Railgun characters as opposed to Index characters or that Railgun has better characters, while in fact they first debuted in the Index LN's and were then added to Railgun to flesh out more development and make the story more interesting. It just frustrates me that people still don't have a clue about LN's and or care to read them instead of picture-book manga. I know it isn't fair to get annoyed, but I still feel annoyed.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 16:01   Link #82
mark1246

So read the whole chapter raw, TOTAL PAGES: 30........(i dont mind 30 but still bother me that what we get after 4 month hiatus.)

But it was a nice comedic chapter that i enjoy & cant wait to see it translated to see what the character are saying. Fav part of this is the Misaka dream with the Gekota, it like every child-adult dream to hang out with their fav anime,manga, toy, movie, character >.<
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 19:59   Link #83
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's a bit confusing that the manga uses Chapter 71 to refer to the newest chapter, when they have already released Chapter 71 as the "final chapter" of the Railgun Daihaseisai Arc.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 20:09   Link #84
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Tankoubon numbering trumps serialization numbering. The wiki needs to fix up its pages to follow it.

EDIT: The chapter is out now. It was an amusing one that's for sure. The dream that Misaka was in was the ringlet-haired girl's one.

There was also a reference to LN Volume 12's Gekota strap Pair Contract.

Last edited by OH&S; 2014-09-28 at 23:32. Reason: Chapter 71 is out.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 02:00   Link #85
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Ugh I really don't know how you guys find the early release of the manga so quickly. None of my usual hunting grounds bite with the new chapter. :/
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 02:49   Link #86
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

"You can serve me for the rest of your life~"

Please let me have the honors!!!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 09:09   Link #87
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Ringlet curl girl is best girl (i'm serious here).
Old 2014-09-29, 09:15   Link #88
Miraluka
Banned

Right now a lot of people would like to be in Miktoto's place.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 11:06   Link #89
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Such a beautiful amazing chapter. So apparently we're going to be looking at (my guess) how dreams influence IRL behavior. That's cool. Also, I feel like dreams could be used to send secret information (perhaps) though I doubt that this would actually come up...

Also, on page 3 they foreshadowed Mikoto being interested in the Gekota strap. This at least acknowledges the Punishment game when Touma and Mikoto go as a couple so that she can get the strap. I noticed it!!! It makes me happy though--that was a pretty small reference. That arc also happens right after Touma gets back from Italy... so it really does fit. Though I suppose it probably won't happen in Railgun.

Also, I feel so bad for Kuroko. And now the dream makes sense and dream rankers sound interesting. Another excellent plot idea. The only thing to keep in mind is that it is probably guaranteed that this ties into AC's darkness in one way or another.
Old 2014-09-29, 12:25   Link #90
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
*buys an Indian Poker* someone dream me in there!
Old 2014-09-29, 12:27   Link #91
GDB

"Indian Poker" sounds like something you'd buy in a Red Light District.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 13:34   Link #92
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

AHAHAHA! Mikoto just broke Kuroko's illusions!!

On another note, it seems like Dream Rankers would either be Lucid Dreamers or dreamers whose dreams seem to tend towards certain directions that people would like.

Lastly, now it all makes sense. Gekotas and serving Misaki for the rest of her life. It was Ringlet girl's dream. That explains why Mikoto had that dream.

Also, I guess that seems to confirm that "Indian Poker" is a science side thing. Oh well. My hopes for more Hindu magic dashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
"You can serve me for the rest of your life~"

Please let me have the honors!!!
Allow me to join in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
Does anyone actually have a name for that girl? Calling her the Ringlet Curls girl is getting really annoying, especially since I actually like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Quite typical on the internet.

Quote:
*buys an Indian Poker* someone dream me in there!
Find a lucid dreamer and pay them (for good measure). Meanwhile, let me get my hands on some of those Indian Poker cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misaki
You. Are. So. Clumsy.
I think I need to go to the cardiologist. There's something wrong with my heart.
Old 2014-09-29, 14:26   Link #93
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Allow me to join in.

I think I need to go to the cardiologist. There's something wrong with my heart.
We just need the one above all and our original trio is complete.

moe~
Old 2014-09-29, 16:49   Link #94
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

I kind of want to know how many people have been converted into Shokuhou fans now. It was a dangerously 'convincing' chapter.

So we can look forward to more Academy City technology, most likely not combat or military related. The fact that they created artificial psychokinesis for outdoor games is great enough, but they also have the ability to 'share' dreams with each other with Indian Poker and (possibly) even an app that can foretell the future?

...what the hell is Academy City doing with their spare time, making seemingly pointless recreation stuff like that? Definitely suspicious.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 16:51   Link #95
Wandering Soul

Quote:
We just need the one above all and our original trio is complete.

moe~
I'm here brothers. Our trinity is now complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen
Don't know about best girl but she needs more scenes and a name
Old 2014-09-29, 18:44   Link #96
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I'm here brothers. Our trinity is now complete
The Delta Force is here!!!
Old 2014-09-29, 19:17   Link #97
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
...what the hell is Academy City doing with their spare time, making seemingly pointless recreation stuff like that? Definitely suspicious.
That's what first came to my mind.
Old 2014-09-29, 19:41   Link #98
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
The Delta Force is here!!!
Now we just need our Iron Wall Girl [Fukiyose] to balance it all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
So, I'm not the only one who thinks that AC inventing something recreational is weird.
Old 2014-09-29, 20:19   Link #99
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^
Well, there's the massaging machines and the stuff Fukiyose orders.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 20:50   Link #100
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^
Well, there's the massaging machines and the stuff Fukiyose orders.
Hmmm...
Point taken.

Anyways...nobody saying anything about the fact that Misaki has been confirmed to be a 2nd Year?