AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-08-18, 15:53   Link #21
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Maybe, but she reminds you she's villainous the moment she brings an assassin into her service via blackmail and then buy a noble title.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 15:58   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Buying a noble title isn't particularly villainous. Hiring an assassin for a full time position definitely is, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 16:00   Link #23
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
It's how she browbeat the guy into it and her intentions for getting the title.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 16:48   Link #24
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Nah, it was legal and pretty much win-win situation for anyone involved. Murdering people is one thing, but this much is barely moral grey.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 18:00   Link #25
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
She's pretty but the wedding dress is ugly. The shoulder cut is too low and makes her look very flat and slouchy.

...Plot? Oh yeah, there was one of those, wasn't there?
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-19, 08:02   Link #26
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Maybe, but she reminds you she's villainous the moment she brings an assassin into her service via blackmail and then buy a noble title.
I think no one here forgets what is her character considering what and how she had been doing in these recent chapters non-stop.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-25, 03:05   Link #27
zztop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Looked at some of the WN, its extra info spices up the story a fair bit. For example, Tia's parentage and the Rozan family's death.

Spoiler for Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
It's how she browbeat the guy into it and her intentions for getting the title.
If the source webnovel spoilers were correct:

Spoiler for WN spoilers on assassin:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-25, 10:06   Link #28
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Up to chapter 32 or 34 is out now. Can't say I'm a fan of politics because I prefer more straight-forward affairs, but at least she's living up to the title of villainess.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-25, 11:15   Link #29
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Villainess acting like villainess is a breath of fresh air. The web novel seems to be more detailed and faster paced, so I will read that instead.
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-25, 11:37   Link #30
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I like how this manhaw that plot is actually moving. Tia is a very busy person.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-26, 02:32   Link #31
Witchilich
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Her Villainess levels went up quite a bit in the last two chapters. She is really scheming like Chinese MCs now.
__________________
Witchilich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 13:59   Link #32
awesomeAriza
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
tia

Tia is one of my favorite characters she is so awesome I wish i could read the novel instead of the manga. I like her personality so far and determination.
awesomeAriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-12, 07:46   Link #33
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
I love her evil nature as well, but wish she would lighten up on the self-hate.
There's a novel being translated, but it hasn't gone far: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/...s-lives-twice/
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 19:56   Link #34
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
This manga was still being updated and they're up to 78. I kind of feel bad for Aubrey's family and everyone really. She was really too immature to understand the weight of everything she had done and it forced Cedric to kill her and effectively ruin her family, but everyone including Cedric saw the signs she wasn't loyal and felt that if they had done something earlier it would have never gotten this far.

It was a really bad situation.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 04:19   Link #35
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
This manga was still being updated and they're up to 78. I kind of feel bad for Aubrey's family and everyone really. She was really too immature to understand the weight of everything she had done and it forced Cedric to kill her and effectively ruin her family, but everyone including Cedric saw the signs she wasn't loyal and felt that if they had done something earlier it would have never gotten this far.

It was a really bad situation.
Yeah, because of her, Celdric lost his trust on her family for good. No amount of action will regain the trust from Celdric. The elder sister knew it and accepted it. As usual MC blame herself for that.

I was surprised that there were 2 men in the first timeline actually love MC.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 05:13   Link #36
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Her blame is understandable. Tia has a lifetime of regrets tacked on because of her actions. Wanting to see her do better this lifetime is part of the reason the series is enjoyable.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 05:29   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It is very sad what happened to the Jourdins. And the consequences are worrying.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 07:03   Link #38
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Technically, it was lenient because he should have put them all to death or jailed them at least. He only killed the one responsible and was forced to knock them down to being commoners but in three years of probation, they'll have their loyalty confirmed. The fact that her body wasn't strung up and instead entombed was also a kindness. It really wasn't something he wanted to do and so he blamed himself after the deed was done because he knew Aubrey wasn't loyal to her but felt it wasn't his place to interfere with Tia's business.

Everyone felt they could have done something differently to avoid things turning out that way.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 07:27   Link #39
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Technically, it was lenient because he should have put them all to death or jailed them at least. He only killed the one responsible and was forced to knock them down to being commoners but in three years of probation, they'll have their loyalty confirmed. The fact that her body wasn't strung up and instead entombed was also a kindness. It really wasn't something he wanted to do and so he blamed himself after the deed was done because he knew Aubrey wasn't loyal to her but felt it wasn't his place to interfere with Tia's business.

Everyone felt they could have done something differently to avoid things turning out that way.
Yeah, what their daughter did was serious treason to their lord after all.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 08:02   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't deny it was extremely lenient by their standards. But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
He only killed the one responsible
He made Mel kill her baby sister. It's not quite the same...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
josei, political intrigue, romance, second chances

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.