AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-17, 18:29   Link #61
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There is also the option that he's taken the place of someone he admires inside the dorm and therefore the group. I don't remember how many people the "platinum generation" had.
I was sure he only named 3, who are his dormmates, but I may be mistaken.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 18:57   Link #62
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
ルークです

Rouruni Kenshin Samurai X 1st opening song for Karaoke, that was cool.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 20:04   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I definitely had a sort of OBE when the first RK OP showed up at karaoke. Did not compute.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 21:07   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not showing anyone else's works, giving him 3rd place as if the author thought it would be unbelievable to the viewers if this 28-year-old got anything higher, skipping the actual development of the work, and then everyone praising the protagonist... honestly didn't make me feel anything.

Following the unwarranted praising is the protagonist half-praising and half-criticizing her singing, except I don't really see the praise part. That said, I know it is hard for someone that can sing to pretend they can't, and at least they didn't get some random person to replace the VA in the singing part.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-17, 22:22   Link #65
Chosen_Hero

Gee, I wonder who he's going to end up with, could it be the girl who is literally the reason that kept him going in the future, the one he already met in the future but joins the group late, or the one that has no connection to him and is sadly basically wasting her time only to get her heart broken?
Old 2021-07-18, 00:22   Link #66
HandofFate

Wonder if the other people in the class will get some screentime, or will they just stay generic mobs.

I liked the resolution. And I do enjoy that he does have some advantages from his grueling grinding from his original life, but its no way a cheat. Its all still legit work. Also seeing as how his skillset is different from the other cast, its complementary instead of stealing their thunder. The outline he admits was probably from the scripwriter in the group but it was just an outline, if it came down to actually writing the true script, he wouldn't be able to do it.

haha at the prof. being the older sister of that other girl.
Old 2021-07-18, 00:37   Link #67
Thor's Hammer

I was unhappy with the congratulatory tone of this episode where everyone praised the main character instead of showing how the project all came together. It felt very cheap and was meant to show that he is indeed someone worthy of being the main character all while having 3 women be interested in him with him even going on a date with one of them. Kyoya is meant to be someone you can self-insert into and believe that you too could be successful if you redid your life. Yeah, I guess it was nice that the episode didn't have any fanservice, but when the content has such little real substance, it's hard to give the episode any praise.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 14:34   Link #68
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

My thoughts:

Being scrappy and innovative when you face tough situations is part of life, whether it's in a school setting or in a professional work setting. I think what MC did was admirable. He lucked out with the small pocket digital camera Nanako had to film 15 second clips of the train running, and he also tapped into the relationships he made with the Art Club students from episode two for some help.

That said, I cannot fathom why, during a group project, the MC did ALL the post production and editing? Where were the others in this process, even if for a little bit? Because now, with all the praise he received, it seems that it was 90% him and 10% them. This just doesn't translate to our world as viewers of the anime.

So the red headed boss girl got 1st place. We don't get to see their 3 minute film, but it's implied she led her team to victory (so I don't know why she is so competitive to have to say "I won't lose" to a nobody such as MC). Best part was the revelation that her older sister is the director. But, I don't really follow why younger sister wanted to give her victory away. Thought she was ruthless. Also, her being transferred to MC's group will be interesting. I want to see a true mix up of students, as this should happen in real life, but I'm sure I'll be disappointed because the anime will only be written to add her to the group of 4.

We see two more great scenes of the MC with the two girls. The singing was really terrible (was it on purpose?), and I thought it was strange he did not actually offer any pointers on how she was tone deaf, but went straight to "let's share on a video site". (Btw, what's the Japan-only sharing site? Is there actually one in Japan?)

I felt more touched when he consoled the blue haired girl on her secret of drawing. Everything in that scene was perfect and realistic EXCEPT the part when she said she should quit drawing. It's not realistic in the sense that nobody really quits for good, but for some reason, anime storylines in Japan always focus on a 100% stop from some activity when something wrong happens. It's something that has always bothered me when watching anime about one's passion (sport or otherwise) and the characters quit because of X.

Anyways, other than that, MC gave her some inspiring advice to continue, which I'm sure will lead her (and the others) to BECOME the Platinum Trio in the future. It will be interesting to see that after all his revelations of how good they are in his future, he is the one to guide and help develop themselves to become their future selves.

Lastly, I'm interested in the new people from the art club. They all have varying talents and I'm surprised the club is so small (on the brink of extinction) given the school they're at.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 17:34   Link #69
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
My thoughts:

I felt more touched when he consoled the blue haired girl on her secret of drawing. Everything in that scene was perfect and realistic EXCEPT the part when she said she should quit drawing. It's not realistic in the sense that nobody really quits for good, but for some reason, anime storylines in Japan always focus on a 100% stop from some activity when something wrong happens. It's something that has always bothered me when watching anime about one's passion (sport or otherwise) and the characters quit because of X.

Lastly, I'm interested in the new people from the art club. They all have varying talents and I'm surprised the club is so small (on the brink of extinction) given the school they're at.
Aki is Kyouya's muse to attend the art school. He holds her published artbook dearly. He is quick to encourage her not to give up. Feeling relieved, Aki buries her face into Kyouya's chest. She is more aggressive(?) than Nanako.

Most people in their club say they are upperclassmen. So, they not really new members.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 18:02   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
We see two more great scenes of the MC with the two girls. The singing was really terrible (was it on purpose?), and I thought it was strange he did not actually offer any pointers on how she was tone deaf, but went straight to "let's share on a video site". (Btw, what's the Japan-only sharing site? Is there actually one in Japan?)
The singing being bad was obviously on purpose, since not only did the MC comment it was bad, the girl herself admitted to being tone deaf.

The site is Nico Nico Douga.
Old 2021-07-19, 02:56   Link #71
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Nanako seiyuu is an experienced vocalist, so her deliberately singing like she is tone-deaf took some effort.

And I don't get complaining about the movie editing process not being shown. We were shown how they prepared everything. The editing process itself is a pretty boring thing and I doubt anyone would be so interested watching it. I am a bit disappointed that they did not show Eikos team work, though.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 17:11   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At first I thought Kyoya was the one who had been slapped, but it was actually the right guy! I'd say there was a good reason this time too. Even though writer guy didn't do it intentionally, he still exposed Kawasegawa's breasts for the world (mainly Kyoya) to see. Compared to Nanako who slaps people who point out she walked in wearing only a bra, that's a lot better.

And then there was what Kawasegawa said to Nanako. She just jumped first place in my rankings after this episode.
Old 2021-07-24, 21:52   Link #73
Wandering Soul

The right person got slapped. That along with Kawasegawa's rant towards Nanako earned her best girl position.
Old 2021-07-24, 22:52   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 09:56   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Yeah. It made me think "Koto Oto Tomare or Mashiro no Oto, but remove all the music."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 14:53   Link #76
GDB

I think this is the first episode I didn't really care for. It wasn't that it was bad per se, but it's quite clear that they tried to cram WAY too much into one episode and had to cut a lot of content and make sharp scene transitions all over the place to get it done.

That said, the karaoke scene and the final scene were great. Definitely could have been better stretched out to two episodes and the early/mid stuff fleshed out more, though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 18:58   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Definitely the weakest ep of the series so far for me, by a healthy margin. Full of cliche and the central events were pretty ridiculous.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 10:48   Link #78
EroKing
Version Zero

Episode 5

https://streamable.com/3y5vs3

Did not see THAT coming, so fucking good
Old 2021-07-31, 13:17   Link #79
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, as soon as the guitar struck up I was "WHAT???"
Excellent.