AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-07-17, 18:42   Link #1161
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This chapter is by far the one causing the most reactions, whether good or bad. No wonder they keep pumping out new transformations. What entertained me the most about all this though were all the people (including "famous" figures in the DB fandom) calling the pic Redon posted 100% fake and providing "evidence" why, making total fools out of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Didn't Toriyama only write the rough outline? The manga isn't supposed to be the main canon; it's the rough outline Toriyama gave that is. And I'm not even sure if the manga is still following that outline.
Toriyama is credited as the author of the manga. He's much more involved with it than he was with the anime.
Old 2021-07-20, 17:01   Link #1162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter is out.

Vegeta was pretty cool. He said some pretty nice stuff. Going by Goku's reaction to Vegeta's ki, I guess this is the first time he's using this transformation. That would explain why he didn't just transform into that right away instead of just using SSBE which he knew was outmatched. On the other hand, if he just unlocked the form that wouldn't explain his confidence, but then again, it's Vegeta.
Old 2021-07-20, 19:03   Link #1163
justavisitor

"You just got that power recently, eh?"

--This is from someone who couldn't even hakai a small rock when Granola got his wish

Technically speaking, Vegeta got that power much later than Granola XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-21, 12:34   Link #1164
azenable
President of TecoT

Hello, if Gohan had continue to train, we won't have any Goku story anymore. he was nerf for the greater good lol
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 04:05   Link #1165
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
"You just got that power recently, eh?"

--This is from someone who couldn't even hakai a small rock when Granola got his wish

Technically speaking, Vegeta got that power much later than Granola XD
But his point was that he was completely raw with it and couldn't control it. Vegeta may have gotten the power shortly after Granolah did, but he then proceeded to train it to the point that even Beerus recognized his ability.

Granolah literally just got the power, showed off to the Heaters, and then slept until Goku and Vegeta showed up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-22, 11:06   Link #1166
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But his point was that he was completely raw with it and couldn't control it. Vegeta may have gotten the power shortly after Granolah did, but he then proceeded to train it to the point that even Beerus recognized his ability.

Granolah literally just got the power, showed off to the Heaters, and then slept until Goku and Vegeta showed up.
I know...I am just a bit skeptical because, back in Resurrection of F, Freeza trained and got a new form, but then...."You just got the new form, you are not used to it yet!!" again, this is from someone who, I would argue, got SSB around the same time Freeza got his golden form...So while what Vegeta said in this chapter is probably true, but at the end of day, it's only because Vegeta thinks he has the chance to win. So only the end result matters, like what Granola stated (ironically)

plus, it's not the first time we see power triumph over experience. Fat buu slapped majin Vegeta, perfect cell stomped super Vegeta, android 18 broke Vegeta's arm, etc
(lol I just realize Vegeta is the victim in all examples that I listed)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 06:00   Link #1167
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
Hello, if Gohan had continue to train, we won't have any Goku story anymore. he was nerf for the greater good lol
Gohan was nerf so that Goku can fight stronger opponents instead of getting owned by Gohan. And Chi Chi didn't realize that martial artists can earn a lot like Mr Satan.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 17:11   Link #1168
alex_drian

I'm just enjoying Vegeta being badass for a moment before the inevitable job.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 18:39   Link #1169
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I'm just enjoying Vegeta being badass for a moment before the inevitable job.
This time I think he's going to win though. Or at the very least pull off a draw.
Old 2021-07-25, 00:18   Link #1170
GDB

I suspect he'll win here, they'll finally convince Granolah they're not evil, then they'll go fight the Heaters. THAT'S where Vegeta will job.
Old 2021-07-25, 16:22   Link #1171
mario_zxa

So here is an idea that popped into my head about the other major drawback that is going to screw over Granolah in this ark. The wish in addition to using up his lifespan also used up his potential, meaning that as the ark continues and characters stronger than Granolah show up Granolah can't get any stronger. An example is imagine being given a level 30 pokemon that can't level up anymore, sure it starts out gamebreaking but by the middle of the game it gets outclassed. Granoah is the level 30 pokemon that can't level up anymore and he is going to be outclassed by the end of this ark
mario_zxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 16:43   Link #1172
GDB

The thing that seems like it'll really screw him is that he might have a finite amount of power. Not in the sense of "can't get any stronger", but any energy he's using against Goku and Vegeta won't come back. Why else would he feel the need to "conserve" energy against them to use it against Frieza? Normally you just sleep or rest and it comes back, but he's acting as if he's on a one-day timer instead of a multi-year timer.
Old 2021-07-25, 17:48   Link #1173
mario_zxa

Hmm... then does that mean all his moves may be using up his lifespan, how much do you think he ended up using on Goku? If that is the case then after fighting Vegeta he may not even be able to make it to Freeza assuming he even wins against Vegeta. Granolah does feel like he is the midboss of this arc.
mario_zxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 17:59   Link #1174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The thing that seems like it'll really screw him is that he might have a finite amount of power. Not in the sense of "can't get any stronger", but any energy he's using against Goku and Vegeta won't come back. Why else would he feel the need to "conserve" energy against them to use it against Frieza? Normally you just sleep or rest and it comes back, but he's acting as if he's on a one-day timer instead of a multi-year timer.
I think he's just extremely careful. He thought Goku and Vegeta work for Frieza, so he was expecting a battle against him right after battling them, or maybe even a battle against all of Frieza's army. He may be the most powerful but even he can get worn down by multiple battles or overwhelmed by numbers.

And Vegeta basically told him he could be even stronger if he honed his abilities. His power level can't increase, but his technique can improve. He also explained why Granolah is already screwed. He was definitely the strongest mortal X months ago, but Goku and Vegeta trained further and changed the rankings.
Old 2021-08-05, 09:54   Link #1175
AndrewR5D4

Granolah's trying to get revenge on a virtually extinct race by killing two people that were too young to have anything to do with the slaughter of his own species... Sheesh, this guy feels like a repeat of Baby from GT. At least the latter was programmed to be a revenge-drive psycho. Granolah's just blinded by hatred like a certain Naruto character that I always hated.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 04:22   Link #1176
GDB

To be fair, he's also been lied to (by people he believes more than strangers, at minimum) that the Saiyans are working with Frieza still/again.

And Vegeta wasn't really too young to be doing it, depending on when it happened. He was already part of a crew that was slaughtering planets by the time the Saiyans were mostly wiped out, and since Bardock's crew was the one who wiped out Granolah's planet that certainly makes it possible that Vegeta was active at the time.
Old 2021-08-17, 07:57   Link #1177
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 75 spoilers:
Old 2021-08-17, 15:35   Link #1178
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 75 spoilers:
Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote