AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2019-06-03, 10:55   Link #41
RDNexus

It hasn't been released yet. Wait a couple days, at best.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-03, 22:56   Link #42
SILENTANIMELOVER

Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to see it.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-04, 02:48   Link #43
tsunade666

Episode 6 is hasn't been subbed yet. You can watch it raw.
Old 2019-06-04, 22:19   Link #44
SILENTANIMELOVER

Episode 6's sub was released just today. It was pretty cool.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-03, 11:48   Link #45
tsunade666

Sub for episode 8 is out and the past volume is also out, meaning episode 9 and 10 are out.

War wise, it's low budget and underwhelming. At least asagi, got her bite and akatsuki had established his dominion.

The battle with vatler looks nice but low budget.

Nice to see avrora series harem/kenjuu model series.
Old 2019-10-07, 13:11   Link #46
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I haven't watched ep 7-8 yet since that one competent fansub I've seen of this hasn't released those episodes yet.

I just want to say that I've seen the announcement for the continuation of this for Jan 2020, which is very good news
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 14:16   Link #47
marconii2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Sub for episode 8 is out and the past volume is also out, meaning episode 9 and 10 are out.

War wise, it's low budget and underwhelming. At least asagi, got her bite and akatsuki had established his dominion.

The battle with vatler looks nice but low budget.

Nice to see avrora series harem/kenjuu model series.
Subs for ep 7 and 8 it machine translated shit do not waste your time on it and on next time read torrent comments.
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-01, 05:28   Link #48
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Somebody recently released a better sub for the last 4 episodes so I finally got to watch it.

It was nice seeing the harem come together, and we got to see the beginnings of how the island expanded as was shown when their daughter visited them from the future.

Makes me wonder who the next main baddie will be given that vatler went off to find excitement somewhere else.

One of the best series from the last decade IMO, can't wait to see what's next
Old 2020-01-03, 22:03   Link #49
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
One of the best series from the last decade IMO, can't wait to see what's next
I wouldn't say it's one of the best, but it certainly has staying power despite not being a very popular series that sells a lot of merchandise. The original TV series for Strike the Blood aired back in 2013, and the OVAs are slated to continue into 2021. Kind of makes you wonder why they keep putting out seasons if it's not as big a light novel phenomenon as some others.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-06, 12:47   Link #50
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I wouldn't say it's one of the best, but it certainly has staying power despite not being a very popular series that sells a lot of merchandise. The original TV series for Strike the Blood aired back in 2013, and the OVAs are slated to continue into 2021. Kind of makes you wonder why they keep putting out seasons if it's not as big a light novel phenomenon as some others.
The only reason is that the DVDs are selling well enough.

I still maintain that it's one of the best series from the last decade for me, others might disagree and that's fine, everyone has different tastes.
Old 2020-01-06, 20:12   Link #51
Mazryonh

Quote:
The only reason is that the DVDs are selling well enough.

I still maintain that it's one of the best series from the last decade for me, others might disagree and that's fine, everyone has different tastes.
Compared to another LN series that's getting a fourth season of its anime adaptation, Date a Live, Strike the Blood doesn't have a popular smartphone game to back up its disc sales. Date a Live's Spirit Pledge smartphone game is popular in China, last I heard. DAL also has a fair bit of merchandise sold, while StB doesn't and what little merchandise it does have is all Yukina, Yukina, Yukina.

So what is it that helps to keep Strike the Blood's anime adaptations in the black, and not in franchise limbo like No Game No Life's anime adaptation? Is it the waifus? There's new ones every season, all vying for the otakus' attention and money. Is it the fanservice? Shows like Masou Gakuen HxH have more of it compared to StB, and Masou Gakuen still doesn't have a second season. Is it the writing? StB is no Bakemonogatari for one thing, but StB does work again and again, I'll give it that much. I'm still at a loss as to why it lucked out where so many others didn't, though.
Old 2020-01-07, 06:13   Link #52
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Compared to another LN series that's getting a fourth season of its anime adaptation, Date a Live, Strike the Blood doesn't have a popular smartphone game to back up its disc sales. Date a Live's Spirit Pledge smartphone game is popular in China, last I heard. DAL also has a fair bit of merchandise sold, while StB doesn't and what little merchandise it does have is all Yukina, Yukina, Yukina.

So what is it that helps to keep Strike the Blood's anime adaptations in the black, and not in franchise limbo like No Game No Life's anime adaptation? Is it the waifus? There's new ones every season, all vying for the otakus' attention and money. Is it the fanservice? Shows like Masou Gakuen HxH have more of it compared to StB, and Masou Gakuen still doesn't have a second season. Is it the writing? StB is no Bakemonogatari for one thing, but StB does work again and again, I'll give it that much. I'm still at a loss as to why it lucked out where so many others didn't, though.
Like I said, DVD sales, at least that's the only thing I know that's keeping the franchise afloat from all the stuff I've read about the series.

A series doesn't need a tie-in game to do well in DVD sales, merchandise might be more of a factor but since this particular series doesn't do well in that area then we're sure it's the DVD sales again.

As for the question of why they're making more of this while there are others that are in your opinion superior in some aspects, the only metric we can objectively measure is, again, DVD sales.

As for why people like this series when there are others that might be better, well again that's called taste.

I'm not complaining though, I enjoy the show, like I said, one of the best from the last decade.

tl;dr - DVD sales
Old 2020-01-07, 12:25   Link #53
Estzero1

It's not only the Blu-ray/DVD Sales. The LN is also selling well. Even though other series have more merchandise, doesn't mean there is none, so that plays also a part. In the end the OVA system is the defining factor, at least thats my opinion. It's just sad why more series aren't doing it.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-07, 15:57   Link #54
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
It's not only the Blu-ray/DVD Sales. The LN is also selling well. Even though other series have more merchandise, doesn't mean there is none, so that plays also a part. In the end the OVA system is the defining factor, at least thats my opinion. It's just sad why more series aren't doing it.
I know nothing about how the industry works (because i didn't watch shirobako lmao) so I believe you when you say the LN/merchandise sales and the OVA format are also a factor.
Old 2020-01-07, 20:05   Link #55
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
DAL also has a fair bit of merchandise sold, while StB doesn't and what little merchandise it does have is all Yukina, Yukina, Yukina.
...Please stop repeating this falsehood. StB has merchandise of characters other than Yukina.

Quote:

Personally I think that the OVA's may be some directors or bigwigs pet project, which is why they didn't make it an actual second season.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-08, 19:50   Link #56
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
...Please stop repeating this falsehood. StB has merchandise of characters other than Yukina.
Yukina still takes centre stage on most if not all the StB goods out there. A quick look at the anime's official website's goods section shows her on most if not all of the goods available, and even on goods she shares with other characters, she more or less takes centre stage. No non-Yukina figures of StB characters have been released to my knowledge (even though I'm sure there are StB fans who would buy them), and the Yukina-centric nature of most StB goods (with a few exceptions, such as some dakimakura covers) continues if you look for them on Ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Personally I think that the OVA's may be some directors or bigwigs pet project, which is why they didn't make it an actual second season.
That would explain a lot, but there's no way to be sure without insider information. Still, the fact that the OVA format doesn't appear to have caught on for other LN series is indeed a pity. It took four years for the very popular Re:Zero to get a second season, for instance, so getting additional seasons is still difficult even for smash-hit LNs. OVAs like StB's might have helped instead.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2020-05-19 at 21:31.
Old 2020-05-19, 06:42   Link #57
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

No idea if there's a StB IV thread in here somewhere since I can't find it, but I just want to say that I'm glad we're getting more of these, and also the harem keeps getting bigger with each arc

Last edited by frodonk; 2020-05-20 at 15:05.
Old 2020-05-19, 21:36   Link #58
Mazryonh

Quote:
No idea if there's a StB IV thread in here somewhere since I can't find it, but I just want to say that I'm glad we're getting more of these, and also the harem gets getting bigger with each arc
No, there isn't an StB IV thread right now, so we discuss the series in the light novel thread instead. But yes, it's good that the anime series is continuing (if a little slowly) and we get to see more interesting characters over time. Kasugaya Shizuri Castiella is certainly a handful.
Old 2021-02-27, 05:52   Link #59
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 09:18.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 14:04   Link #60
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 08:56.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote