AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-03-09, 09:26   Link #4681
Ultragunner

I really just wanna read their lovey-dovey moment, if there are any
Old 2015-03-09, 13:54   Link #4682
Alena_92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I really just wanna read their lovey-dovey moment, if there are any
the lovey dovey will come probably later part of the novel that would lead later on to existence of Shikadai.. it is said that there is 16 chapters and right now the English translation is in ch4...so long way to go..anyway..I will post it here should the LD moment come across.
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 15:34   Link #4683
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena_92 View Post
so they are trying to start romantic theme for the kids now..isn't it too early for that? how old will be the kids this time? i like the thought about Boruto being the prince.. means Hinata regained her title as the heir Master Hiashi must have been very happy and proud, showing his grandchild to all saying this is the crowned prince. wonder if there will be ceremonies. and i can see Boruto hating traditions and customs, meeting rich people from different estate and he gets bored then tries to escape his responsibilities. which will be troublesome to both Naruto and Hinata but most to his granpa Hiashi..
Didn't Naruto have a crush on Sakura since he was 13 or 12? Hinata I think started her crush on Naruto younger than even. Never too young or old for crushes or love, I've shows that have had kids falling in love at the age of 10 even, not just Anime either.

I'm actually excited to see this new generation against this type of villain, I don't care about the romance aspects of this film, I just want to see what this new generation can do

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 16:12   Link #4684
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Didn't Naruto have a crush on Sakura since he was 13 or 12? Hinata I think started her crush on Naruto younger than even. Never too young or old for crushes or love, I've shows that have had kids falling in love at the age of 10 even, not just Anime either.

I'm actually excited to see this new generation against this type of villain, I don't care about the romance aspects of this film, I just want to see what this new generation can do
Except the movie straight out came out that Naruto NEVER had feelings for Sakura, they were created by his at the time one sided rivalry with Sasuke and another thing he wanted to beat him at (by winning the girl that was so into him) so kinda have to strike that out...yeah Hinata's feelings meeting Naruto for the first time was generally bleieved 8 or 9 (since the bully scene is TOTAL canon) and yeah she might be the youngest character to fall in love in Naruto lol

Sakura was probably the next one, her feelings for Sasuke were originally superficial and well fangirlism...but being on the same team and almost seeing him die on several occassions made her realize she really did like him as a person and hence her confession to try to keep Sasuke from leaving Konoha originally...and kinda what started the huge burden to Naruto all throughout Shippuden lol yeah I know Naruto would have wanted to bring back Sasuke regardless of what Sakura said but it certainly DIDN'T help

Hey you know what will be funny? Statistically whether we see it or not, we generally fall in love with a person that resembles the parent thats opposite gender of us, so girls being attracted to guys with traits of their father and guys being attracted to girls with traits of our mothers...so in the new series Bortuo tries to win the feelings of a quiet girl (most likely a new character lol) that very much resembles Hinata at a young age but then winds up with Salade in the end, a girl he either never notices or argues all the time with lol
Old 2015-03-09, 16:40   Link #4685
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Haven't seen the movie yet, sadly. But from what I gathered considering Naruto's "crush" on Sakura, it could had been Ino instead. Don't know why, but I would had preferred such a scenario.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 17:05   Link #4686
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Haven't seen the movie yet, sadly. But from what I gathered considering Naruto's "crush" on Sakura, it could had been Ino instead. Don't know why, but I would had preferred such a scenario.
Well considering Sakura and Ino used to hang out (before their break up as friends for a time) I guess Naruto had a chance to meet them both and came to the conclusion there was something about Ino that put him off and concluded Sakura was more preferable to be his crush and hence started the ship that never even left port lol

but truth be told I would have also preferred Naruto vying for Ino instead of Sakura before realizing Hinata is his one true love
Old 2015-03-09, 17:34   Link #4687
DJ1107

That whole "Naruto's crush for Sakura was really because of his rivalry for Sasuke" really irks me. (not enough to hate the movie but still) & no it's not because I'm a NS fan (I'm not) ya'll put your guns down & let me talk then you can continue your hate campaign on her, it's because it takes away the effect & growth of the hospital scene near the start of the Retrieval arc in part 1 which happens to be my favorite scene.

Naruto coming to the full acceptance that Sakura will never love him the same way she does Sasuke & is OK with it was a really nice scene to me showing growth for our beloved knucklehead. (Sure he kept teasing about dates with her in Part 2 but it was well said that some of Jiraiya's personality rubbed off on him so no harm with it)
DJ1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 17:47   Link #4688
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
That whole "Naruto's crush for Sakura was really because of his rivalry for Sasuke" really irks me. (not enough to hate the movie but still) & no it's not because I'm a NS fan (I'm not) ya'll put your guns down & let me talk then you can continue your hate campaign on her, it's because it takes away the effect & growth of the hospital scene near the start of the Retrieval arc in part 1 which happens to be my favorite scene.

Naruto coming to the full acceptance that Sakura will never love him the same way she does Sasuke & is OK with it was a really nice scene to me showing growth for our beloved knucklehead. (Sure he kept teasing about dates with her in Part 2 but it was well said that some of Jiraiya's personality rubbed off on him so no harm with it)
But I think there lies the problem and I can understand why some of Sakura's fans may dislike this revelation but I think the writers wanted to clear the air and allow Naruto to truly fall in love without any doubts in his heart, to keep Naruto having feelings for Sakura would have complicated things

1) to have any feeling for Sakura before hand will make Hinata seem like she was the number 2 choice which was not what they were going for...it will seem like Naruto is saying oh well Sakura will never love me, so I'll settle for Hinata which to me sounds even worse
2) It's to make Hinata be THE one true FIRST love (since the movie made that one of its tag lines this is Naruto's FIRST love) they settled for making Naruto seem like a bigger idiot and have him not understand love and then later have Sakura clear the air that what Naruto felt for Sakura was not love...

personally I am fine with this plot point the whole Naruto's feelings weren't real, the fans for years tried to make a love triangle out of Naruto, Hinata and Sakura when there never was one in the first place, alot of bickering and flaming was started over this ficticious love triangle and I think the writers did the right thing came out and wrote a way to say we're not supporting this hate, we're not adding fuel to the love triangle fire, so we are going to have Naruto NEVER was in this love triangle to start with so all your flaming, all your NaruSaku hate was wasted on something that was never real, Naruto chose Hinata and that's how its going to go

Also its a canon plot point alike all things if its canon it happened, we as fans can't pick and choose what we want to happen and what we don't wnat ot happen if its canon material
Old 2015-03-10, 02:29   Link #4689
Alena_92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon64 View Post
But I think there lies the problem and I can understand why some of Sakura's fans may dislike this revelation but I think the writers wanted to clear the air and allow Naruto to truly fall in love without any doubts in his heart, to keep Naruto having feelings for Sakura would have complicated things

1) to have any feeling for Sakura before hand will make Hinata seem like she was the number 2 choice which was not what they were going for...it will seem like Naruto is saying oh well Sakura will never love me, so I'll settle for Hinata which to me sounds even worse
2) It's to make Hinata be THE one true FIRST love (since the movie made that one of its tag lines this is Naruto's FIRST love) they settled for making Naruto seem like a bigger idiot and have him not understand love and then later have Sakura clear the air that what Naruto felt for Sakura was not love...

personally I am fine with this plot point the whole Naruto's feelings weren't real, the fans for years tried to make a love triangle out of Naruto, Hinata and Sakura when there never was one in the first place, alot of bickering and flaming was started over this ficticious love triangle and I think the writers did the right thing came out and wrote a way to say we're not supporting this hate, we're not adding fuel to the love triangle fire, so we are going to have Naruto NEVER was in this love triangle to start with so all your flaming, all your NaruSaku hate was wasted on something that was never real, Naruto chose Hinata and that's how its going to go

Also its a canon plot point alike all things if its canon it happened, we as fans can't pick and choose what we want to happen and what we don't wnat ot happen if its canon material
i somehow agree, that using rivalry as the only reason about Naruto and Sakura connection is a bit lame.. im an NH shipper but in my understanding, i accepted that Naruto had crush on Sakura. this is infatuation, normal in his young age / puberty. but that infatuation did not mature, he accepted the fact that Sakura only has her heart for Sasuke and he respect that, a clear indication that Naruto outgrown that feeling of admiration.that is why he cannot accept Sakura's love confession, he was sure it was a lie...whatever was presented in the shipuden was just an act of a brother protecting a sister, a strong bond of camaraderie. i believe, Naruto saving sakura all the time was to give a way for Sakura and Sasuke love story come to fruition. just like Neji saving the life of Hinata and Naruto.

the last movie was 2 years after the war, shinobi world is somehow peaceful, everybody is starting a new life and just like everyone else Naruto's life as a man begun and Hinata was chosen. therefore Hinata was not and never will be a 2nd choice, or 2nd best. because she's the only ONE
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 04:48   Link #4690
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Even better when Sakura realize that Hinata likes Naruto and willing to help her , while Naruto didn't have a single idea about that , so generally Naruto doesn't know what true love is .

Here is the chart which explain what tag is popular on pixv , that site is like Tumbler but for Japanese .

Top is NaruHina and SasuSaku.
Bottom is NaruSaku and NaruSasu .

See ? Even Japanese agree with us , as for why there is a sudden rise on NS chart , i asked 1 Japanese , he said it must be because of the CPR scene . Too bad it gave false hope to NS fan :P
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 08:07   Link #4691
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alena_92 View Post
i somehow agree, that using rivalry as the only reason about Naruto and Sakura connection is a bit lame.. im an NH shipper but in my understanding, i accepted that Naruto had crush on Sakura. this is infatuation, normal in his young age / puberty. but that infatuation did not mature, he accepted the fact that Sakura only has her heart for Sasuke and he respect that, a clear indication that Naruto outgrown that feeling of admiration.that is why he cannot accept Sakura's love confession, he was sure it was a lie...whatever was presented in the shipuden was just an act of a brother protecting a sister, a strong bond of camaraderie. i believe, Naruto saving sakura all the time was to give a way for Sakura and Sasuke love story come to fruition. just like Neji saving the life of Hinata and Naruto.

the last movie was 2 years after the war, shinobi world is somehow peaceful, everybody is starting a new life and just like everyone else Naruto's life as a man begun and Hinata was chosen. therefore Hinata was not and never will be a 2nd choice, or 2nd best. because she's the only ONE
However while you can interpret that, and that's pretty cool that you could I am sure there will be others who won't...and from a writing standpoint while that's ALL fine and good for Naruto's side of things it's not that perfect on Hinata's

Girls (and let's face it, guys too) hate the idea that they are the silver medal, they'll wonder and worry if the only reason they won was because the person of their love just came to that realization that he couldn't get his first choice and just settled for them...while saying Naruto had an infatuation for Sakura then realized his true feelings for Hinata is okay in many people's books many haters like NaruSaku will use that as an argument to say that maybe Naruto has the dreaded lingering feelings for Sakura...hell even DESPITE this revelation we still have those in total denial but at least the explanation was direct and to the point and I like to think maybe the writers who did not appreciate getting harassed for the ending had that line in the movie to claim there NEVER was a love triangle like some of you fans thought there was (and to have Naruto have ANY sense of infatuation for Sakura would have indeed made a love triangle)

But keeping in mind your statement about children not mature enough to understand feelings than its not impossible to see a kid Naruto wanting to win against Sasuke, sees Sakura and then his own head sees a cute girl whose feelings that he should win as well, this creates a type of attraction but makes evident that the feelings are not real so it still works and doesn't upset the balance of the overall story and that this would be something that would take years for Naruto to understand what they all mean...which is unfortunate on Hinata's side cause had Naruto not create this fabrication of love in his own head, then MAYBE Hinata wouldn't have needed to wait...course had Naruto not noticed her before Naruto vowed to himself to bring Sasuke back, then I think anyone would have needed to wait during that period lol

Also let's keep in mind this is not a Shoujo series, this is a Shounen, the romance much like the genre was meant to be kept direct and specific and without complication, so yeah that must also mean to iron out the details that could add any potential conflicts such as a crush on Sakura and just stick to the intended goal Naruto falling in love with Hinata...

Also from a story perspective about this, had Hinata REALLY was the second girl like she was a girl that moved in from another village like say Temari and came in at a time Naruto was realizing his feelings for Sakura weren't going to work out then yes, the whole plot point would have been perfect but the problem is she is not, Hinata is a girl who met Naruto long before Sakura, fell in love with him and then proceeded to have to wait because Naruto developed a "crush" on Sakura that had no basis...the movie REALLY wanted to push the length of time Hinata had feelings for Naruto, so it was probably for the best we the audience can learn that ultimately in the end Hinata's wait was not in vain and that she wasn't going to EVER be the 2nd choice given how long she had to wait...

Whether to not you agree with me that's fine, but just keep in mind this, one of the movie's main taglines was Naruto's first love...and you can call a crush whatever you want infatuation etc, a crush is STILL love...maybe not TRUE love but its a type of love because it involves a form of attraction, had Naruto's feelings for Sakura ever been evident even if he outgrew them, then that would have made the tagline a lie...and like I said it is what it is, its an official line in the movie and like I said we can't pick and choose what we want canon regardless of how much it may ruin other moments for us...so its probably best to say okay it is kinda lame but its officially how Naruto feels

yeah that CPR scene...given where the story was going and sure I know Sakura is the official medic...that came at a time (and what followed after with Minato) was kinda in poor taste given the crushing reality of the end lol

But you know thinking about the whole thing...and what is considered real feelings of love and what is not...you know what the movie particularly the Genjutsu scene needed? Maybe a brief scene that was never shown in the anime and the manga of Naruto talking to Hinata after Pein and it was then we as the audience can truly see Naruto's utter hopelessness when it comes to understand love...that way at least Naruto wouldn't have seemed so a bit of a jerk (at least to the viewer) to not have said anything to Hinata afterwards lol

Last edited by Avalon64; 2015-03-10 at 08:37.
Avalon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 14:32   Link #4692
cyberdemon

lol some NaruHina fan is going around recoloring NaruSaku fan's Shinachiku pictures to make him NaruHina. They are on the warpath. Nevermind that they made a hobby out of replacing Hinata with Sakura on several movie pictures and several other official pictures.
Old 2015-03-10, 17:00   Link #4693
coded321
He Who Games

^even now, i still find it hard to believe that a shipping war can get this bad.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 18:31   Link #4694
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

So wait, his love for Sakura wasn't real just due to his rivalry with Sasuke? That's so weird.

Man, Sakura x Naruto shippers thought things couldn't get any worse this happens LOL. Kishi really trying hit them where it hurts :/

I don't get the thing though, guess his rivalry with Sasuke for Sakura turned into a brother sister type that he'd try to get him back for her?

If he thought Ino looked selfish and stuck up and that's why he choose to fight with Sasuke over Sakura, the irony.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 19:23   Link #4695
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
So wait, his love for Sakura wasn't real just due to his rivalry with Sasuke? That's so weird.

Man, Sakura x Naruto shippers thought things couldn't get any worse this happens LOL. Kishi really trying hit them where it hurts :/

I don't get the thing though, guess his rivalry with Sasuke for Sakura turned into a brother sister type that he'd try to get him back for her?

If he thought Ino looked selfish and stuck up and that's why he choose to fight with Sasuke over Sakura, the irony.
Naruto had a crush on Sakura. There isn't any denying that. However a crush =/= the love NaruSaku fans insisted he had for her. He likely tried convincing himself it was love out of rivalry but he stopped such thoughts before the end of the Part 1. Part 2 Naruto mainly just joked around with Sakura about it which usually earned him a punch lol.

Something that is easily noticeable throughout the manga is that the closer that Naruto came to becoming Sasuke's equal, the less he showed any romantic interest in Sakura. Sakura became one of his closest friends and confidents but anything romantic was lost.
Old 2015-03-10, 21:01   Link #4696
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Naruto had a crush on Sakura. There isn't any denying that. However a crush =/= the love NaruSaku fans insisted he had for her. He likely tried convincing himself it was love out of rivalry but he stopped such thoughts before the end of the Part 1. Part 2 Naruto mainly just joked around with Sakura about it which usually earned him a punch lol.

Something that is easily noticeable throughout the manga is that the closer that Naruto came to becoming Sasuke's equal, the less he showed any romantic interest in Sakura. Sakura became one of his closest friends and confidents but anything romantic was lost.
Except the Last Movie defunked Naruto's crush as a crush, it was directly stated between Sakura and Naruto during a scene that Sakura reminded that Naruto tried to say he loved her at one point to which Sakura states but was that love or was that you trying to compete with the boy I loved? Naruto doesn't respond but the look on his face indicates he agrees with her, as Sakura continues on to state Hinata was someone Naruto truly loved...which is why the crush? Never happened, it was all something Naruto fabricated in his own head due to his own ignorance, his immaturity at that age and his lack of knowing what love is...he saw Sakura as a cute girl that he needed to win to prove his worth over Sasuke nothing more, even if he had somehow won Sakura's feelings I doubt Naruto would have known what to do from there...so no there was no crush, it never existed

I mean given how the lines were phrased how else are we supposed to interpret this scene? Its pretty clear
Old 2015-03-10, 23:44   Link #4697
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Even better when Sakura realize that Hinata likes Naruto and willing to help her , while Naruto didn't have a single idea about that , so generally Naruto doesn't know what true love is .

Here is the chart which explain what tag is popular on pixv , that site is like Tumbler but for Japanese .

Top is NaruHina and SasuSaku.
Bottom is NaruSaku and NaruSasu .

See ? Even Japanese agree with us , as for why there is a sudden rise on NS chart , i asked 1 Japanese , he said it must be because of the CPR scene . Too bad it gave false hope to NS fan :P
Got a version of this that isn't tiny? It looks interesting.

And I wouldn't compare pixv to Tumblr. pixiv is more like deviantart, oriented around posting fan art, fan fiction, and amateur art work. Whereas tumblr is a social media blogging platform, oriented around posting text, and resharing other people's posts. About the only thing pixiv and tumblr have in common, is use of tags.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 20:47   Link #4698
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon64 View Post
Except the Last Movie defunked Naruto's crush as a crush
No it didn't. It just say it wasn't real love. It's not the same thing.
Old 2015-03-11, 21:06   Link #4699
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No it didn't. It just say it wasn't real love. It's not the same thing.
yeah. Having a crush is one thing but being in love is entirely different. I've had plenty of crushes but they aren't love.
Old 2015-03-11, 21:37   Link #4700
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
yeah. Having a crush is one thing but being in love is entirely different. I've had plenty of crushes but they aren't love.
No how the scene played out was...

Sakura talking about how she's happy Naruto confessed first (still doesn't make sense lol)

Naruto responds yeah but its over now...then Sakura replies

Sakura: Remember long ago how you said you loved me? But wasn't that because I loved Sasuke? You didnt want to lose to him...

Sakura is mentioning a VERY specific moment in part 1, where the "height" of Naruto's crush was it has to be otherwise then the line won't make any sense...and think about it, Sakura specifically mentions that Naruto tried to admit his feelings WHILE competing (or to be more precise so he wouldn't lose) with Sasuke, so that HAS to be around Part 1, because of course when Shippuden rolled around he was no longer competing with Sasuke since his primary concern was to bring Sasuke home...so yes we can call a crush not real love but then where did his crush come from? His need to compete with Sasuke since Sakura and even Naruto agreed that's where it started, so no matter how you look at it, his feelings or "crush" on Sakura were not real, just something he convinced himself that he had which snowballed into think he thought he liked Sakura in such a way but in reality he did not

I really feel that if this wasn't the case then they wouldn't even to have needed to put that line in the first place? There could have been many ways Sakura could have pointed out Naruto's love wasn't true without dismissing his crush by comparing it with a competition to Sasuke

Tags
movie