AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-07-19, 08:22   Link #10321
saucerKing

ah yes, your excuse of "plot force". if that is valid then i can say issei parents were kidnapped once so no more hostage situation. if you want to use the author as an excuse then i will point out that villains in DxD are not allowed to be smart so doing something smart is not allowed, instead they will go one by one from weakest to strongest so issei grows powerful enough to beat them

and what pinch? ExE invaders have numbers, have more power and have a better intelligence network. what need is there to use such roundabout tactics? perfectly plausible after they defeat the keito tenka... if they defeat the keito tenkai (which you conveniently skipped over the explanation for such a thing) then the battle maniac of regalzerva will go into a straight fight whit issei, no need to take hostages for that. from what we saw regalzerva faction is more interested in fighting strong people than in making things quick so they are more likely to straight up charge ahead than to use plans

now do you want to use logic or are you going to use "muh plot armor" as an excuse again? because if ExE is allowed to be smart there are hundreds of better way to get issei to surrender than going after his parents, like beating the tar out of him, like it happened before in canon. that the MC is not allowed to die does not mean he is not allowed to lose
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 08:33   Link #10322
Marvix

I said something the ExE could do because they are sadistic. Don't argue with me about logic when you act like you know what they will and will not do like it's fact; like you know what's going to happen in the plot. Issei having plot armour is not an excuse. I countered your claim that they can easily kill Issei yet here you put words in my mouth that I said he won't be defeated. I say one thing and you become the All Knowing Sage of DxD and become snarky with me like I'm stupid.
Old 2020-07-19, 08:34   Link #10323
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
safe? i thought they were travelling around the world for vacations or something, but yeah ExE has no reason to target them unless they rather target kanzaki who is probably around them
I do not know, but it seems they are always at home, I remember the travel was mentioned, but as something of irrelevant, we will not have a reply to it.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 08:42   Link #10324
saucerKing

when is said they are sadistic? the only thing shown is that they are warmongers and they say they like to fight. i did not say i know what they will do or what will happen in the plot, i said your idea made no sense because they have no need for such a roundabout way of dealing whit issei. you did not counter my claim that they cant easily kill issei, you just used plot as an excuse of why they cant kill him. plot armor is not an excuse of them using a roundabout method, in-universe issei is just an mildly strong guy to them so why the evies would treat issei like something deserving such indirect mehtods?

in fact this is not even the first time you do this. you say "hey i think this will happen because plot force" and i point out that plot is not a valid excuse for why your idea will happen. plot can make anything happen in the story? yes, is your idea already part of the story? no, therefore it needs a valid reason, not "i want it therefore it makes sense"
Old 2020-07-19, 08:47   Link #10325
Marvix

I said such a thing could happen, not will nor I want.

I did counter you because you said they can just go to his home and kill him and I said no because plot armour as it always prevents such a thing.

They are sadistic because they love invading and killing all the beings of a planet.
Old 2020-07-19, 08:59   Link #10326
saucerKing

and i pointed out why such a thing is unlikely to happen

i said that if they perceived issei as such a menace they would be more likely to just go and deal whit him personally, hostages are something you use when you need a tactical advantage, the evies dont, especially whit all their heavy hitters

they are warmongers and battle maniacs, sadistic is a different thing entirely. a sadistic does not just kills, they take their sweet time and make it as painful as possible. to put an example, a warmonger or battle maniac goes to fight and does not hold back their punches the adrenaline of the battle. a sadistic holds back their punches, they dont want to just fight, they want to see the other party suffer so even if they are a hundred times stronger they will break their enemy slowly. a sadistic can be a battle maniac and viceverse, being one however does not guarantee the other. basically vali is a battle maniac, rizevim is a sadist. evies never showed sadism so far, only to enjoy a good fight otherwise great red would be dismembered not just decapitated
Old 2020-07-19, 10:29   Link #10327
Giuseppe1234

A fun question:

If GoB is the creator of his religion and everything else. Trihexa and Great Red are indirectly his creations?
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 10:38   Link #10328
godz

Great Red: hey you, don't you have a dragon in your mythology?
God: I have Tan ...
Great Red: No, you don't have ... congratulations now I will be the dragon of your mythology.
God: O-OK

And so was the story of how great red was recorded in the bible ...
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 10:49   Link #10329
saucerKing

alternative scneario
michael: dad, dad! we have a problem, a big problem!

God: i thought you were investigating the dimensional gap. did that old crone ophis move out like we heard?

michaeil: yes but there is another problem

*one visit to the gap later and some great red flexing on god*

God: that little thug shit, i swear i will kill him, fucking dragons, its always dragons or chimeras. micheael!

michael: yes dad?

God: bring me pen and paper, i have a new entry for the bible!

and thus the apocalypse written in the bible was made. totally not a revenge fanfiction of god of the bible
Old 2020-07-19, 16:34   Link #10330
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
Oh idk, why else would these sadistic warmongering alien invaders target the family of one of the most powerful beings who will get in their way... Ah yes! To threaten DxD's greatest hope into conceding or they'll kill his parents. Or worse, they'll just kill them right away thinking it will stop him fighting due to great trauma.
or in order to outrage him enough to give them a better fight. They're warmongers, they live for the fight. They did lots of research so they might have seen how he reacted to Asia "dying" in volume 6 or how he reacted when Vali threatened his parents.
Old 2020-07-19, 21:02   Link #10331
Itsmepatrick

If I'm not mistaken Regalzeva and his faction was described as battle maniacs by Haz Ilyus(Melvazoa's 2nd Prime) there's not mention of them being sadistic or whatsoever. In short you can compare them to guys like Vali, Sairaorg and Indra who were always craving for fights. Well one things for sure Issei will be targeted by the Evies the moment they realized that he was the one who got in contact with the Etoulde specifically Chichigami.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-20, 02:17   Link #10332
Marvix

Invading and wiping out species is a sadistic act. Sadism is inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others. So murdering beings for pleasure and causing great suffering to a planet's people - for fighting, or not - is sadistic.

Anyway, maybe Shin 8 will have a focus on all the parents/guardians of the harem girls and Issei. Maybe in Shin 7, things take a turn for the worse which causes the collapse of Team DxD so in Shin 8, it's up to the parents to motivate their kids. We get heartwarming moments between them revealing memories and what they think of each other. This is what the first half focuses on, then they start their counter in the 2nd half
Old 2020-07-20, 02:54   Link #10333
saucerKing

i wonder if the war against ExE will be them defending the world against them or ExE completely taking over, forcing them to seek refugee elsewhere (maybe innovate clear world?) and them slowly starting fighting back a la rebel army. dunno, i think that would be an interesting way of showing team DxD truly defeated rather than the evies killing a one or two named characters before DxD gets another power up
Old 2020-07-20, 02:58   Link #10334
Marvix

Better-- they seek refuge in the world Mitsuya and Shizuka are from
Old 2020-07-20, 03:02   Link #10335
saucerKing

is not that innovate clear world?
Old 2020-07-20, 03:05   Link #10336
Marvix

Never been said what world.
Old 2020-07-20, 03:17   Link #10337
saucerKing

i mean, at least to me there is the implication. tobio says without his consoles he can remain in DxD world and we have nakiri say specifically how IC living beings cant leave their world so the foreshadowing is there. makes more sense to be a world made by innovate clear than there being yet another world and mitsuya travelling worlds to get a longinus
Old 2020-07-20, 03:37   Link #10338
Marvix

Yeah most probably an IC world.

Regalzeva won't take over DxD since Haz is there to prevent such a thing.
Old 2020-07-20, 04:12   Link #10339
saucerKing

we should wait and see, haz might very well be killed by regalzerva for trying to rat him out. or he might get ratted out and force regalzerva to retreat just in the nick of time to give issei time to get his bearings, leaving himself for FxF and letting one of his keito tenkai be in charge of the invasion on DxD.

needless to say that said keito tenkai will be the first to die.
Old 2020-07-20, 09:21   Link #10340
godz

DxD Pavilion Kingdom
Hel started releasing a dangerous aura from her body, as the guards strengthened their vigilance. The way she spoke, the atmosphere and pressure of her aura, reminded me of Loki.

Well, I can't feel a level of power similar to Loki, but she's probably an opponent you can't let your guard down around. She probably has the power to blow up this assembly hall in one shot.

Though there's no way she can defeat Odin-jiisan and the other higher-ups. But even so, she came to this place, so she probably thought of a way to destroy this presentation at least.

She declared her objection with the determination of dying without surrendering​. She's probably one of those who didn’t look well upon this event that I've heard before. Seeing this, Azazel-sensei took a deep breath.

"These days, this kind of thing is not popular, you know? Your father did the same thing and was thrown in jail. Well, why don't you calm down and we can be judges together?"

However, this persuasion (which can't be thought of as one) was in vain as it only raised Hel’s anger and aura.

"I understand. If it has come to this, then at least I’ll destroy this assembly hall!"

She put her hand forward and let magical power overflow from it! Oi, oi, oi! You are seriously going to release magic in this place!? We took a defensive stance!

Azazel-sensei took the microphone and said to me. Did he perceive I was here?

"Ise! Defeat her with your technique!"

Now you said it, Sensei! Good grief​! This kind of troublesome thing is always pushed at [DxD], or rather, pushed at me!

I swiftly activated Balance Breaker and jumped forward! Hel perceived my existence as I was approaching, but......

"You are the Sekiryuutei who defeated my father! This is a good opportunity! I'll avenge my father!"

She bravely changed the direction of her hand towards me! She was fully motivated​ to do it! However! If the opponent is a woman───I'm invincible!

I concentrated demonic power in my head and released the image inside my brain in this place! A pink coloured space made of demonic power was spread above the stage.

『Pailingual!』

My technique which was released covered Hel and exposed what was inside her chest!

【To be honest​, there's magic explosive seals engraved in my body that I voluntarily engraved. The instant that someone touches me, this whole place will be blown to pieces.】

Her oppai told me inside my mind! Like always, it talked with a tone of voice completely different from the person herself! I shouted at Rossweisse-san, who was waiting in the rearguard!

"Rossweisse-san! Looks like this person has magic explosive seals engraved in her body!"

Rossweisse-san instantly spread a dispelling magic circle on her hand. The magic words and numbers engraved on the magic circle started to move fiercely! At the same time, from Hel's body, pale light was released.

With Rossweisse’s dispelling magic, the seals in Hel's body probably disappeared.

"D-damn you!"

Hel was confused at the changes in her body, but my attack will start from here! I closed our distances in one go and touched her shoulder!

In that instant, the conditions to activate that technique were met! I took a cool pose while raising my aura! And then, shouted the name of the technique!

【Dress Break!】

The clothes that Hel was dressed in splendidly collapsed in a instant and she returned to the appearance of when she was born.

"......W-what is this technique!?"

After becoming surprised at the result of the technique, Hel finally covered her important parts! She had a white skin and voluptuous limbs that couldn't be thought of from that robe, unconsciously I stored her appearance in my brain! The men in the assembly hall [Oohhh!!] raised excited voices!

"Now, Rossweisse! Capture her!"

"Yes!"

Following Rias’ instructions, Rossweisse-san released her binding magic. Hel, who became fully naked, was strongly bound by the ropes made of light created by Rossweisse-san. Hel was swiftly moved from here through a transportation magic circle by the bodyguards who gathered after being captured.

Fuu, when Azazel-sensei suddenly brought up the topic, I was worried about what could happen, but unexpectedly, if we try we can do it...... It's a good thing that the opponent was a woman.

Clap, clap. Applauses were raised by the audience seat. Gradually , the applauses grew louder───

The small combat they had against hel can leave us two things, issei is too broken if his opponent is female or that a God can be defeated by devil of ultimate level if they play their cards well.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote