AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-07-26, 16:26   Link #10381
Marvix

Mircalla will be Elmenhilde's mother's name I speculate.

It would make sense because Elme's family has the same surname as gothic novella Carmilla, and Carmilla from the novella (a vampire) has 3 names: Carmilla, Millarca, and Mircalla. Mircalla is her real name while the other 2 are anagram aliases. They have appeared in DxD these names except Mircalla, so a Karnstein having the name Mircalla would reference the actual Carmilla.
Old 2020-07-26, 18:50   Link #10382
saucerKing

would not it make more sense for it to be millarca mother? still i would not try to guess names in DxD, they are either references like the one you mentioned or a mish mash of gundam names so dont be surprised if elmenhilde mother either dont gets named or has a weird name that seems made at random
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 07:08   Link #10383
Marvix

I legit want a jester or harlequin girl in Issei's peerage who has a SG that turns magic tricks into powers. The SG can be called Big Top Frenzy. Or at least just a girl with this kind of SG.
Old 2020-07-27, 10:52   Link #10384
cyberdemon

I want him to get a set of twins using all of his pawns, 4 each
Old 2020-07-27, 16:17   Link #10385
saucerKing

i want him to get a dark skinned brawler who is all tough on the outside but is shy when faced whit romantical advances
Old 2020-07-27, 16:54   Link #10386
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I want him to get a set of twins using all of his pawns, 4 each
Yeah, more girls not developed and relevants
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 17:11   Link #10387
Itsmepatrick

For the time being Ishi should just focus on the girls that haven't had enough character development like Elmenhilde,Roygun,Bennia etc..
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 17:15   Link #10388
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
For the time being Ishi should just focus on the girls that haven't had enough character development like Elmenhilde,Roygun,Bennia etc..
Elmenheilde is in shin6. I would say Ingvild who is more interesting respect those, with more potential develop for the story, counting bloodline, Longinus and queen position.

To be honest, her characteristic are more interesting than the major part of the girls in the harem. Counting the potential to be the strongest.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 18:18   Link #10389
godz

I should not be so optimistic when ichie says that a volume belongs to a certain girl, I must remind you what happened to the last two volumes that were the volumes of kunuo as Le Fay ...
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 18:22   Link #10390
saucerKing

tbf im kind of happy that kunou volume did not actually focus on her that much, i still find it creepy how she is part of the harem. le fay on the other hand... one can suppose that when its a specific girl volume it will at the very least focus on the place where they come from if not on them.
Old 2020-07-27, 20:29   Link #10391
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Elmenheilde is in shin6. I would say Ingvild who is more interesting respect those, with more potential develop for the story, counting bloodline, Longinus and queen position.

To be honest, her characteristic are more interesting than the major part of the girls in the harem. Counting the potential to be the strongest.
Not really. All Ishibumi did was make her a combination of Vali and Sona power-wise. And then threw some sleeping sickness as the cherry on top.

I really couldn't care less at this point about trying to develop the extra girls because we know they'll be in the harem. He should just do Ravel next volume and then just go full speed ahead with the main story. The series is already bloated with too many characters as it is without having to worry about giving someone their own volume.

Giving the other girls their own volume is just going to drag down the story at this point. That's what kind of ruined the story in a way from the fourth arc onwards. He could have taken out Le Fay's role in Shin Volume 4 and I'm sure no one would have noticed anything was missing.

This is literally the first time the magician contract has been mentioned since Volume 17(correct me if I'm wrong). That's basically 12 volumes. And I really care about it as much as I did back then.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 21:01   Link #10392
saucerKing

you can have the story progress and have the characters develop at the same time you know? in fact a sign of skill in writing is furthering the plot while using it as a vehicle to develop the characters, after all character development is entirely dependent on outside factors so what happens because of the plot should be what make characters interact and thus grow as characters. for example volume 20 and 21 were issei and vali volumes but that did not slow down the plot, on the contrary the plot is what made their characters develop

the real problem whit le fay volume was that instead of using the events as a way to have le fay grow and develop it was focused on issei losing his perversion which IMO was a complete waste of time and just an excuse to give him true DxD already even if it made no sense. taking le fay role being irrelevant to shin 4 is true but that is because ishibumi did not even focus on le fay, he focused on a non-perverted issei yet again

giving the girls their own volume is not going to drag down the story, focusing on unnecessary things like shin 4 is what drags down the story. besides DxD weather you like it or not depends entirely on its characters because its saving grace sure as hell is not its battles
Old 2020-07-28, 00:51   Link #10393
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post

I imagine Ingvild will have a big role next volume. She has to step into the queen position for the rg against Diehauser. So she’ll be working much closer to Issei and Ravel.
Old 2020-07-28, 01:59   Link #10394
Marvix

Issei's new peerage members, will be new characters. He can't have old characters anymore because he's got enough of them.
Old 2020-07-28, 06:08   Link #10395
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I imagine Ingvild will have a big role next volume. She has to step into the queen position for the rg against Diehauser. So she’ll be working much closer to Issei and Ravel.
Yes I agree Ingvlid has to fill in the role Grayfia left behind. They lose an experienced Satan Class in Grayfia but they gain more in Ingvlid team wise as she can strengthen her teammates and weakens her opponents so this will make their Team's overall strength rise by one level . Plus she is strong herself all she needs now is to slowly gain experience in battle and master her power, abilities and her Longinus.I hope Bennia will replace Bova in their match against Team Belial.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-28, 06:17   Link #10396
Marvix

Yeah Bova shouldn't just come back because that means he will not have trained for a long time, and still be useless. So Bennia whose more useful because of her speed and weapon, should take his place in the Diehauser match.
Old 2020-07-28, 15:19   Link #10397
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
you can have the story progress and have the characters develop at the same time you know? in fact a sign of skill in writing is furthering the plot while using it as a vehicle to develop the characters, after all character development is entirely dependent on outside factors so what happens because of the plot should be what make characters interact and thus grow as characters. for example volume 20 and 21 were issei and vali volumes but that did not slow down the plot, on the contrary the plot is what made their characters develop

the real problem whit le fay volume was that instead of using the events as a way to have le fay grow and develop it was focused on issei losing his perversion which IMO was a complete waste of time and just an excuse to give him true DxD already even if it made no sense. taking le fay role being irrelevant to shin 4 is true but that is because ishibumi did not even focus on le fay, he focused on a non-perverted issei yet again

giving the girls their own volume is not going to drag down the story, focusing on unnecessary things like shin 4 is what drags down the story. besides DxD weather you like it or not depends entirely on its characters because its saving grace sure as hell is not its battles
If it was character development, sure. But it doesn't feel like it in the slightest. The problem with doing it with girls like Le Fay or Bennia is that they were characters that were simply introduced and seem to have nothing else about them besides their lineages. It honestly feels that he's just padding out the series with all these characters. And did anything truly change about Issei's and Le Fay's relationship? It just feels she is going to be largely ignored again like she was before Shin Volume 4.

What's even the point of giving them their own volume if they barely have any influence on it or isn't really developed any more than they were before the volume. All Ishibumi seems to be showing is that he hasn't forgotten about said characters.

Sorry for being so cynical. But Ishibumi just seems to be adding girls that really can't be developed to the same extent like Rias, Asia, Akeno, and Koneko were. That had realistic backstories and the way they developed feelings for Issei truly feels genuine and they have had real character growth. Le Fay and Bennia? Not so much.

I appreciate the fact that Ishibumi still tries to give all the characters he has written focus and is one of the many aspects that make him a good writer in my view. But at this point he has introduced too many characters whose personalities and backgrounds are almost no different from characters that already exist. Trying to develope those characters just seems fruitless to me.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-28, 18:54   Link #10398
saucerKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
If it was character development, sure. But it doesn't feel like it in the slightest. The problem with doing it with girls like Le Fay or Bennia is that they were characters that were simply introduced and seem to have nothing else about them besides their lineages. It honestly feels that he's just padding out the series with all these characters. And did anything truly change about Issei's and Le Fay's relationship? It just feels she is going to be largely ignored again like she was before Shin Volume 4.

What's even the point of giving them their own volume if they barely have any influence on it or isn't really developed any more than they were before the volume. All Ishibumi seems to be showing is that he hasn't forgotten about said characters.

Sorry for being so cynical. But Ishibumi just seems to be adding girls that really can't be developed to the same extent like Rias, Asia, Akeno, and Koneko were. That had realistic backstories and the way they developed feelings for Issei truly feels genuine and they have had real character growth. Le Fay and Bennia? Not so much.

I appreciate the fact that Ishibumi still tries to give all the characters he has written focus and is one of the many aspects that make him a good writer in my view. But at this point he has introduced too many characters whose personalities and backgrounds are almost no different from characters that already exist. Trying to develope those characters just seems fruitless to me.
i dont disagree that ishibumi take on le fay volume for example was terrible and she did not get focus. im saying you can have characters develop because of the plot, his take is not wrong what is wrong is the execution where we end whit things like shin 4 where instead of it actually developing le fay we get the same rehashed jokes of the UFO short story again and some poorly done fights. the problem shin 4 had was not that it was a le fay volume, the problem was that instead of using time to develop characters we got time wasted on non-perverted!issei

IMO the problem i agree is the bloated cast, i dont think its impossible to have a cast as large as DxD currently has and make all character stand out but such a thing is out of ishibumi league frankly

at this point he has to start handling better the screen time each thing gets or start putting characters in the bus. frankly he should stop adding characters during DxD or rather stop adding girls and save them for the other stories he wants to write, or at least not add them to the harem since no one will complain about one-off females as long as they remain as that and never show up again once their role is done.
Old 2020-07-29, 02:48   Link #10399
Marvix

Limiting new characters is probably a reason why Ishi made Bennia, Issei's second [Knight] instead of it being a new girl. But from now on, I do believe his remaining members will be new girls.
Old 2020-07-29, 03:06   Link #10400
WyrdMonger

8 new girls to become his Pawns? Maybe a student or two from Kuoh academy.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote