AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-08-04, 04:59   Link #10441
Giuseppe1234
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
but most longinus literally dont have the power to independently kill gods, regulus nemea even whit a good user its still not god-class without BtB, divine dividing even whit a guy like vali is not god-class aside of a suicidal JD.

you can say that it only hurts a god-class being because kiba is the one using it but i can say that about many of the longinus.

then perhaps you should read this story called highschool DxD, there is this girl called akeno who is called priestess of thunder who takes a pretty offensive role most the time, and later we find out about this whole five flans of priests and priestess who also do many things aside of healing or buffing.

because you know, priest is a clerical title and this is not an RPG where being one limits what one can do
Regulus Nemea as Booster Gear/Divide dividing have the power to kill gods, especially those two with sealed a heavenly dragon class. The problem with these type of Longinus is God of bible sealed the major part of the power of the creatures. Indeed the user can receive an insignificant quantity of power.

If you uses breakdown or JD who release all the power of the monster, you are god class beings. The danger of death is another problem. But is a limit necessary. The potential there is.
Otherwise BG/DD would be high tier Longinus, not middle when Zenith is tier and even with the strongest exorcist is only maou class.

It hurts issei only for the affinity, even issei did the same with someone completely stronger. But Kiba more efficiently because uses Vasco’s technique and is a swordmaster.

The same Vasco is a cardinal and doesn’t seem one.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 05:26   Link #10442
saucerKing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
Regulus Nemea as Booster Gear/Divide dividing have the power to kill gods, especially those two with sealed a heavenly dragon class. The problem with these type of Longinus is God of bible sealed the major part of the power of the creatures. Indeed the user can receive an insignificant quantity of power.

If you uses breakdown or JD who release all the power of the monster, you are god class beings. The danger of death is another problem. But is a limit necessary. The potential there is.
Otherwise BG/DD would be high tier Longinus, not middle when Zenith is tier and even with the strongest exorcist is only maou class.

It hurts issei only for the affinity, even issei did the same with someone completely stronger. But Kiba more efficiently because uses Vasco’s technique and is a swordmaster.

The same Vasco is a cardinal and doesn’t seem one.
but "affinity" becomes a moot point when you realize kiba can make swords for literally any kind of affinity, he can make dragon-slaying swords, demonic swords, holy swords, elemental swords or swords that are all the aforementioned. his subspecies technically is almost guaranteed to have something to aim for a weakness, especially when you consider he can also create more outlandish swords.

dragon? make it dragonslayer, ice giant? light it on fire, weak to holy/demonic energy? make it holy-demonic. now that he can make swords on par whit legendary ones and maybe even stronger there is no reason why his subspecies cant be classified as longinus when you h ave things like incinerate anthem that is only really dangerous if you are weak to holy.

not disagreeing whit you, on the contrary i am saying the same thing. being a priest or priestess in DxD is a title, you can go full macho man like vasco and fight whit your bare fists and it does not make you less of a priest
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 06:54   Link #10443
Marvix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
but most longinus literally dont have the power to independently kill gods, regulus nemea even whit a good user its still not god-class without BtB, divine dividing even whit a guy like vali is not god-class aside of a suicidal JD.

you can say that it only hurts a god-class being because kiba is the one using it but i can say that about many of the longinus.

then perhaps you should read this story called highschool DxD, there is this girl called akeno who is called priestess of thunder who takes a pretty offensive role most the time, and later we find out about this whole five flans of priests and priestess who also do many things aside of healing or buffing.

because you know, priest is a clerical title and this is not an RPG where being one limits what one can do
But she isn't ACTUALLY a priestess

[A priest is a religious leader authorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between humans and one or more deities. They also have the authority or power to administer religious rites; in particular, rites of sacrifice to, and propitiation of, a deity or deities.]

Tell me where Akeno is doing this and isn't actually really called a priestess, because she dresses like one. "Priestess of Thunder and Light" is nothing more than a cool nickname. She's never done a single priestly thing at all. Yes her family has priestesses, but they are actually being priestesses. Akeno is just getting horny and shooting lightning from her fingertips lmao
__________________
~~Elmenhilde is best waifu~~

Last edited by Marvix; 2020-08-04 at 07:10.
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 20:05   Link #10444
saucerKing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
But she isn't ACTUALLY a priestess

[A priest is a religious leader authorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between humans and one or more deities. They also have the authority or power to administer religious rites; in particular, rites of sacrifice to, and propitiation of, a deity or deities.]

Tell me where Akeno is doing this and isn't actually really called a priestess, because she dresses like one. "Priestess of Thunder and Light" is nothing more than a cool nickname. She's never done a single priestly thing at all. Yes her family has priestesses, but they are actually being priestesses. Akeno is just getting horny and shooting lightning from her fingertips lmao
and her family which includes suzaku is shooting firebirds at people, genbu who is technically a priestess shoots turtle shells super mario style, vasco and nero who are priests punch people to submission. accept it already, your logic is flawed, priest is a nifty title and/or occupation, not an rpg class, if a priest wants to learn kung fu and fight only using that they are still priests so sefaira is not forced to be a healer or a buffer just because you want her to be in order to fit your reasoning.

so for the last time, this is not a fucking rpg, she is a priestess as vocation at best but she can be one and fight entirely whit her fists for all we know.
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 20:45   Link #10445
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
But she isn't ACTUALLY a priestess

[A priest is a religious leader authorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between humans and one or more deities. They also have the authority or power to administer religious rites; in particular, rites of sacrifice to, and propitiation of, a deity or deities.]

Tell me where Akeno is doing this and isn't actually really called a priestess, because she dresses like one. "Priestess of Thunder and Light" is nothing more than a cool nickname. She's never done a single priestly thing at all. Yes her family has priestesses, but they are actually being priestesses. Akeno is just getting horny and shooting lightning from her fingertips lmao
And yet that very description doesn’t say anything about healing. It all depends on the deity. If a deity is combat oriented then the priestess would likely be as well.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-05, 00:50   Link #10446
Itsmepatrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
This the meaning of Longinus you can interpret it how you wanted to :

Longinus (神滅具ロンギヌス, Ronginusu) also known as Tools that Destroy God are the thirteen original top-tier Sacred Gears with enough power to kill Gods, as well as five additional Sacred Gears that evolved to the same level. Azazel has stated that all Longinus is just a combination of one ability with another. Essentially, they combine powerful abilities that aren’t supposed to be combined.

Well if Kiba can successfully fuse his two sacred gears his sacred gear will be similar to Tobio's longinus in a way that both can summon (blades with different wavelength and effects while for Kiba he can summon Holy Demonic Sword with different attributes like fire, water, ice and even dragon slayer holy demonic sword ).Thrir second second similarity will be they both can summon ( dogs for Tobio while Dragon Knight for Kiba Third is they can manifest their sacred gear ( Tobio can turn into humanoid black hound with six tails while for Kiba he can convert his Dragon Knights into armor with aura-blasting boosters that covers his torso and legs, drastically enhancing Yuuto's speed to the point that even Issei in his Pseudo-Dragon Deification had a hard time perceiving him.)

So more if Kiba can successfully fuse his Sacred Gears the possibility of it being classified as longinus is so high maybe let's say around 70 percent chance.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-05, 01:44   Link #10447
Marvix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerKing View Post
and her family which includes suzaku is shooting firebirds at people, genbu who is technically a priestess shoots turtle shells super mario style, vasco and nero who are priests punch people to submission. accept it already, your logic is flawed, priest is a nifty title and/or occupation, not an rpg class, if a priest wants to learn kung fu and fight only using that they are still priests so sefaira is not forced to be a healer or a buffer just because you want her to be in order to fit your reasoning.

so for the last time, this is not a fucking rpg, she is a priestess as vocation at best but she can be one and fight entirely whit her fists for all we know.
Please actually read. Nowhere in that post did I continue on about Sefaira being a healing priestess. That whole post was about Akeno is not actually a priestess. Genbu and Nero are definitely not priests.
__________________
~~Elmenhilde is best waifu~~

Last edited by Marvix; 2020-08-05 at 01:55.
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 00:32   Link #10448
Itsmepatrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
In the first place how did Akeno got the nickname Priestess of Thunder and Light. Is it because of her power? Or is it because of her usual outfit she wore during battle ? Or is it both ?
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 06:44   Link #10449
saucerKing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
both, she dress like a priestess and shoots lighting at people.
saucerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 10:11   Link #10450
Ka-el
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
In the first place how did Akeno got the nickname Priestess of Thunder and Light. Is it because of her power? Or is it because of her usual outfit she wore during battle ? Or is it both ?
she is dressed as a priestess and shots Holy Lightning. Before she was called priestess of Thunder because she used to shot only Lightning, after she accepted her FAllen Angel power and began using light she is called like that.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 11:35   Link #10451
KawaiiJapan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Just caught up with Shin vol 4, should I be concerned about Grayfia being shoehorned into the harem? I'd be pretty annoyed if she gets added.

Her oppai got mentioned by name and there's enemies rolling around who can ohko characters on the level of GRed. So Zechs might get another sacrificial scene. Even if he doesn't get killed, would Ishibumi likely add her anyway while using the seal as a cheap excuse? I'd like to think the author has enough tact to resist adding her considering how many women are already included and since it's been pretty vanillaish so far.
KawaiiJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 14:11   Link #10452
Marvix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
I don't think she'll join given it's been set up she'll be a stay at home mum
__________________
~~Elmenhilde is best waifu~~
Marvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 14:15   Link #10453
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Grayfia has already left Issei's team. If anything her whole arc there was to Joss the idea of her ever joining.
__________________
XFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 16:52   Link #10454
godz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Grayfia as Sona were left out of the main scene, Grayfia to take care of Millicas and Sona as the new head of the Sitri clan.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 19:49   Link #10455
Itsmepatrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Grayfia and Sona will be in the sidelines and will occasionally appear in the story. I think Grayfia will appear occasionally along with Millicas and Rias's parents to watch and support Issei's match.They lost an experienced Satan Class fighter in Grayfia but they gain more in Ingvlid due to her power and abilities so their overall team strength will rise up due to it.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 22:01   Link #10456
KawaiiJapan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Grayfia has already left Issei's team. If anything her whole arc there was to Joss the idea of her ever joining.
That's true given the context of the arc and it's resolution. And we already got the Milf in Yasaka.
KawaiiJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-11, 19:52   Link #10457
Itsmepatrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
There's also the possibility that Ajuka will take Grayfia to the Isolation Barrier Field as he mentioned that he wants to take her there to reunite with Sirzechs. I think it was Shin volume 2 after Issei and Rias Game as far I remember.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-12, 15:19   Link #10458
Giuseppe1234
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
There's also the possibility that Ajuka will take Grayfia to the Isolation Barrier Field as he mentioned that he wants to take her there to reunite with Sirzechs. I think it was Shin volume 2 after Issei and Rias Game as far I remember.
To go against the will of his best friend, leaving Milicas alone? When Sirzechs did not want it?

Issei said Grayfia will can visit sometimes the research center of Ajuka to see Sirzechs trough the monitor with the link.
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-12, 20:03   Link #10459
Itsmepatrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
All in all Grayfia will be replaced Ingvlid as Grayfia will be on the sidelines the same as Sona. Ingvlid should now be able to control Nereid Kyrie to some extent so she'll be a great additiion to Issei's Team. It'll also be great if she can already strengthen her allies other than Dragons even without the help of Issei's Dragon Deification.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-13, 06:27   Link #10460
KawaiiJapan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe1234 View Post
To go against the will of his best friend, leaving Milicas alone? When Sirzechs did not want it?

Issei said Grayfia will can visit sometimes the research center of Ajuka to see Sirzechs trough the monitor with the link.
I agree that she won't leave her son alone. Her arc made it clear that her objective is taking care of her child on the sidelines of the story since he's too young and her Husband can't be there.

Patrick isn't really mistaken though. Ajuka did say something that could be taken to mean joining them in the barrier. Or it was written/translated strangely. We do know that it's possible to enter the barrier from the outside so it wouldn't be hard to imagine them sending a powerful support once Millicas has become an adult.

Edit: Though I sort of expect the whole Trihexa thing to end rather strangely. Either by having an enemy kill it as collateral damage to show how strong it is or having Issei, Vali and whoever else just join in to ohko it as a way to wrap things up after dealing with whatever is coming.
KawaiiJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.