AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-03, 02:58   Link #1
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Samurai Spirits Sen

After KOF:MI,SNK is trying out they 3D skill by making Smaurai Spirits Sen.
Quote:
here was a location test of Samurai Spirits Sen(Flash) at the HEY arcade this weekend. At a location test, they test out upcoming video games at an arcade for bug testing and feedback. The latest of the Samurai Spirits series, Samurai Spirits Sen was a 3D Fighter.

Samurai Spirits Sen (or Samurai Shodown Flash?) was a 3D fighting game featuring characters from the old Samurai Spirits series as well as new ones. The playable characters at the location test were: Haohmaru, Kibagami Genjyurou, Tachibana Ukyo, Nakoruru, Galford, Hattori Hanzo, Senryo Kyoshiro, Wanfu, Kazama Kazuki, Kazama Sougets, Charlotte, Garos, Kim, J, Angelica, Vielter, Black Hawk, Sugamata Jinbei, Takechiyo, and Suzuhime. There were 4 more character slots on the character select screen, but they were blocked off.

The New characters
- Garos: Buff Viking characters
- Kim: A guest appearance from the Garou Densetsu/KOF series? He uses a spear but his moves names are just like the familiar Kim
- J: Afro samurai…
- Angelica: Dark skinned girl who is almost naked. Her stage was some rural town in the middle east. Uses a spear.
- Vielter: A buff knight.
- Black Hawk: Native American with double tomahawk?
- Sugamata Jinbei: Old gentle looking samurai
- Takechiyo: New generation Samurai who trained under Haohmaru
- Suzuhime: An interesting character who is long blonde haired and Japanese looking, wearing a Kimono and wielding a two handed broad sword. A friend of Takechiyo and possibly the new main heroine.

Here’s a free black and white tutorial sheet that they were passing out
Title Logo :

And yay for Kim!
Old 2007-11-05, 02:30   Link #2
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Ugh. I love the character artwork, and love Kim, but seriously now... looking at the location test vid, I have to say that all of the FEELING behind the spritework has been completely lost.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 18:46   Link #3
ninjuichi

Yup... and no animals or projectiles? What's up with that?
ninjuichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 17:12   Link #4
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Meh, projectiles have never lended themselves well to 3D fighters. The first thing I noticed watching the vids is that everything is really scaled up. In the 2D SS games, characters could keep a much greater distance between each other, and the camera zoomed in and out to allow for that distance to change. This game looks like you'll be staying within the normal 3D fighter distance... not really much room for projectiles or really any of that stable SS poking/jabbing game.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 22:03   Link #5
tkdtiger

has any 1 played this game and if so is it any good?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 16:23   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I've heard that this game is terrible. You can't even jump, apparently. It seems like they wanted to go for a more "Soul Caliber" feel, but they failed miserably. I'm a big SS fan, but after hearing about the disaster that is this game, I'm going to have to pass on it.
Old 2010-04-14, 19:59   Link #7
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I've heard that this game is terrible. You can't even jump, apparently. It seems like they wanted to go for a more "Soul Caliber" feel, but they failed miserably. I'm a big SS fan, but after hearing about the disaster that is this game, I'm going to have to pass on it.
yeah i'm a big ss fan too I was hoping this would be an improvement...wonder why they decided on a 3d game and not something like sf4?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote