AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your most favourite Rosa?
Rosa Chinensis (Youko) 14 3.00%
Rosa Foetida (Eriko) 7 1.50%
Rosa Gigantea (Sei) 201 43.13%
Rosa Chinensis en bouton (Sachiko) 96 20.60%
Rosa Foetida en bouton (Rei) 9 1.93%
Rosa Gigantea en bouton (Shimako) 58 12.45%
Rosa Chinensis en bouton petit soeur(Yumi) 50 10.73%
Rosa Foetida en bouton petit soeur(Yoshino) 31 6.65%
Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-02, 22:38   Link #61
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nequam
Yeah, Shimako really needs more screen time. I always get the impression that there's a lot going on behind those thoughtful (and beautiful) eyes of hers... but we're always left in the dark as to what she's thinking and feeling. She has deep feelings, but often thinks it necessary to carry such burdens on her own. I can't help but long to know her better whenever I see her looking as if the weight of the entire world were resting on her shoulders... aww, Shimako!
Don't worry, you will see more of Shimako in season 2 and also the reason why she seems so distant. Of course, her petite soeur will play an important role in all this.
Old 2004-05-03, 00:26   Link #62
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Don't worry, you will see more of Shimako in season 2 and also the reason why she seems so distant. Of course, her petite soeur will play an important role in all this.
Well, technically Noriko wasn't Shimako's soeur yet at that time...but yes we shall see more focus on the new Rosa Gigantea family in the second season.

I sure hope they at least go through the "Rainy Blue" & "Parasol o Sashite" arc.
Old 2004-05-03, 00:44   Link #63
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Well, technically Noriko wasn't Shimako's soeur yet at that time...but yes we shall see more focus on the new Rosa Gigantea family in the second season.

I sure hope they at least go through the "Rainy Blue" & "Parasol o Sashite" arc.
I just hope they don't stop right at the end of "Rainy Blue". There will be a riot if they really do so.
Old 2004-05-03, 10:57   Link #64
Nequam

Send a message via MSN to Nequam
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Thanks for the tidbit, lordwu. I'm really looking forward to it...
Old 2004-05-06, 02:19   Link #65
Rei's Cookies
Rei little soeur

Rei! I love that she can bake and knit, but also play kendo (that's the sport right?)

Rei seems very gentle to me. I liked her at first when I saw her. She always seems like she's gazing off thinking of other things. And also she's the prettiest anime girl I've ever seen.
Old 2004-05-06, 06:29   Link #66
Bracken33

I voted for Yoshino.
She is temperamental and courageous. So she is quite different from me.

Shimako is my second favourite character. I really wonder how she will develop in a sequel.
Her character is much closer to mine.

Of course I like all other roses too .
Old 2004-05-08, 12:17   Link #67
Atarun
Yuri fangirl

Send a message via MSN to Atarun
Well, it's nothing original but I voted for Sei.
Because she's so funny and everything...
And I must admit it : also because she's the "yuriest" character of the series.
Old 2004-05-23, 21:30   Link #68
Sharkbark
Annoying Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Sharkbark
Well I also voted for Sei but not just because she's the "fun" character...

I think Sei is the most well developed and realistic character of the series. She is outwardly confident and definitely a lot of fun on screen, and really added a great humor value to the series, but she also has an extremely painful past. She is essentially transformed from her time with Shiori, where she is quiet, withdrawn, and depressed, to the carefree Sei we see at the beginning of the series. This is a change that has happened in my own life so I can relate to her a lot.

She is also a very perceptive character who I think understands relationships more than many of the others, and she is the most supportive of the younger sisters (ex. When Yumi gets in a fight with Sachiko she asks Sei for advice, Shimako heavily depends on Sei to give her confidence, etc.) Even though she is always suffering on the inside, she shrugs it off and acts happy so the others around her will be more at ease.

Of course the fact that she is the only one who is definitely a canon yuri girl helps XD (I am lesbian, so...) .

Well everyone can have their own opinion, but to me Sei is like the ideal of who I would like to be, and I relate to her a lot. Anyone have more reasons they like some of the other characters? ^_^

Edit: Forgot to add that I have read somewhere (possible on this forum) that Sei will NOT be disappearing in the second season. She chooses to go to college at the Lillian University so she can stay close to Yumi and Shimako. Also I know she has to be in some future story line because her room mate becomes a character. So I look forward to more fun with Sei ^_^

Last edited by Sharkbark; 2004-05-23 at 21:41.
Old 2004-06-02, 20:00   Link #69
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

Shimako, she is such a mystery.

And alot can be said about a girl that had two roses who both wanted her as their soeur.
Old 2004-07-23, 00:35   Link #70
ferthepoet

what bout Rosa Kanina

I voted for Sai but I think you should have put Rosa Kanina on the list I know she isn´t a real rose but it´s a great character and adds something different to the series
Old 2004-08-07, 15:37   Link #71
The Yellow Dwarf

Yes, another slave to Rosa Gigantea's plan to dominate the world.
Old 2004-08-08, 01:30   Link #72
my_sebastianne

I just got my copy yesterday of the first season and watched it non-stop... I can't get enough of it.. Hmmm.. I wish I have the 2nd season already...

Anyways, I voted for Sei... I like her... She sort of reminds me of someone I really liked... (minus all that gropping ofcourse).. She's cool..
Old 2004-08-10, 01:03   Link #73
Cichlisuite

Send a message via ICQ to Cichlisuite Send a message via AIM to Cichlisuite
Sei is my goddess, er shes my favorite marimite char of them all ^^;
Old 2004-08-16, 02:57   Link #74
hooliganj
Team Player

I prefer a character that stands up for themselves, but is also very cute. It's kind of a double standard, I know, but Yoshino pulls it off very well.

Sei would be my second-place vote, so I'm glad to see she's so far ahead. Long before I'd memorized the color schemes, I'd decided that Rosa Gigantea was the one with the gigantic personality.
Old 2004-08-16, 12:46   Link #75
noibauten
L'étalon de Laval

Send a message via MSN to noibauten
For me its Yumi , she is just too cute
Old 2004-08-22, 19:10   Link #76
mintyfresh
Altoid

hrm... well, I too would've voted for Sei, but it doesn't look like she needs anymore help establishing her popularity. ^^;;

Therefore, my vote goes to Yumi (who's probably tied for favorite with Sei for me..). I'm surprised that Sachiko's actually beating her, to be honest.. But oh well, to each their own, I guess. To me, Yumi is just far too cute, plus I can oftentimes relate to her, considering how often she doubts herself (poor thing..).

However, when it comes to the characters that make me smile when their on screen (including Sei), Yumi wins, hands down.
Old 2004-08-23, 15:55   Link #77
7thMethuselah

Hmmm for me it's Sachiko without a doubt. She quite a lady, not to mention a silent type, and very mysterious, I kinda admire the way she seems to handle life. Must be because I recognise something of myself in her

Sei would be second choice, she is always so happy and energetic, I like that
Old 2004-08-25, 05:27   Link #78
SajberToent
Borked

My vote's on Yoshino, don't know why, but I find her more likable than any of the other characters...
Old 2004-09-07, 00:20   Link #79
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The fact that two characters are receiving more votes than the protagonist says something about how good this series is. Every character is interesting.

I voted for Yumi. I love her for the same reasons Sachiko and Sei do: she is so cute, so kind, so natural, and brings so much life. And because I see the story through her eyes, as I guess I am supposed to.
Old 2004-10-12, 06:06   Link #80
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Sachikoae suffragari!

She's my favorite!