AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-29, 11:14   Link #2021
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Looks like it is going to be Sakimoe from here on out. Anyone want to predict how high the vote count will be from here on out?
Very low is my prediction for vote count wise (seems like when there is a non Saki involved it gets decently high).
Old 2012-10-29, 11:24   Link #2022
klare

sticking to my prediction of Toki vs Hisa final

and bye Shana
Old 2012-10-29, 11:27   Link #2023
stormtrooper

Might be low because it's Saki vs Saki.
Old 2012-10-29, 11:35   Link #2024
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Sakimoe
go hisa
long live mahjong
Old 2012-10-29, 12:19   Link #2025
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Sakimoe
go hisa
long live mahjong
Heck yea. My sweet delicious wish come true.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:12   Link #2026
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Sakimoe
go hisa
long live mahjong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Heck yea. My sweet delicious wish come true.
I'm with ya both. Peoples tears make this domination that much sweeter.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:30   Link #2027
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

So thats another top 5 finish to end Shana's saimoe career with a 3 way tie with Nagi and Nanoha as the character with most wins (for now). After all these years, her record looks pretty good if I say so myself.

Hisa is my favourite Saki girl so I can accept this defeat. However please don't let Kuro win japan, if we are turning this into a Saki war then I am turning against her first.
Dammit I like Nodoka more than Toki but Im still mad over Nodoka beating Ako...you fucked up again japan...
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-10-29, 14:31   Link #2028
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
I'm with ya both. Peoples tears make this domination that much sweeter.
Now, instead of a semi-final and final matches...

Just give the four Saki's TWO games of mahjong.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:33   Link #2029
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

If this was a real Saki mahjong game I think Hisa or Nodoka would be the one to come out on top. Hisa = Nodoka > Toki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kuro in mahjong abilities
Old 2012-10-29, 14:33   Link #2030
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Just decided to drop by after not participating in these things since like 2008. The vote count for the quarterfinal is so low that it surprises me that people bother to follow this anymore. I mean, <500 votes? Wow. At least in the Tsukasa vs Hiiragi finals there were still enough people voting that the results had some significance. Nowadays it's just the 2ch private club.

On the other hand, yay Saki.

Last edited by Proto; 2012-10-29 at 15:09.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:34   Link #2031
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just decided to drop by after not participating in this things since like 2008. The vote count for the quarterfinal is so low that it surprises me that people bother to follow this anymore. I mean, <500 votes? Wow.
We have reached the point were even that MAL moe tournament many years back had more people involved than saimoe today, isnt it sad?
Old 2012-10-29, 14:41   Link #2032
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Best guess there are still a lot of people interested that can't vote in the tournament anymore. If one considers ISML's numbers in the 10,000 range, that would suggest there are that many people still interested in Saimoe, but can't (or won't) vote in it for one reason or another.
Old 2012-10-29, 15:46   Link #2033
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Best guess there are still a lot of people interested that can't vote in the tournament anymore. If one considers ISML's numbers in the 10,000 range, that would suggest there are that many people still interested in Saimoe, but can't (or won't) vote in it for one reason or another.
ISML should run a side tournament based on 2ch's rules, without the IP ban just to see how it really turns out. This in conjuction with the current (or future) ISML format. That's presuming ISML can handle the workload.

If the 2ch people have a problem with that, they can stuff it. With Saimoe turning into a 2ch private club, as Proto described, they have no one else to blame but themselves.
Old 2012-10-29, 15:56   Link #2034
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or a mirror tournament based on either the Saimoe Preliminaries picks (before the draw) or based on ater the draw and just use Saimoe's Block formate, but ISML's voting style (though there would probably be done faster since they would do more matches at a time...or add in exhabition matches to cover their spam filters and other things).

Going back to the larger selection during the Preliminaries might get an entirely different set of girls for the year (plus there are a bunch that those outside Japan would hardly know). Either way there would need to be something based on Saimoe itself in terms of the girls involved to compare notes and the like.
Old 2012-10-29, 16:10   Link #2035
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Hisa is my favourite Saki girl so I can accept this defeat. However please don't let Kuro win japan, if we are turning this into a Saki war then I am turning against her first.
Dammit I like Nodoka more than Toki but Im still mad over Nodoka beating Ako...you fucked up again japan...
>Game8910
>Taste

pick one.

If even the biggest Saki fag is like 'yeah this character that had like 15 seconds of screen time just won against this other character who is one of my favourites and had a whole show that didn't suck dedicated to her but it's not a big deal' then it's over. Not that it already wasn't.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:18   Link #2036
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On the one hand, I get the complaints against domination in J-SaiMoe and the very low vote totals.

On the other hand, at least the domination of the past two years is favoring shows that, imo, don't get anywhere near enough respect from ISML (I'm referring to Madoka Magica and Saki here).

At some level, I can't help but see it as J-SaiMoe righting ISML's wrongs... Granted, the method that they do so by leaves something to be desired.

And it looks like Shana will never win a moe competition. In pro wrestling, they sometimes talk about the best wrestler never to win a World Championship (Ravishing Rick Rude and Razor Ramon/Scott Hall being two names I've heard a lot in that regard).

I wonder if Shana could be considered the most moe girl never to win a SaiMoe competition? She's had incredible staying power, but she's never won a big one.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:32   Link #2037
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
That would be nice and all, but it has to be done in a way so that no one can case multiple votes.
Multiple votes will always be there, whether the world votes or not.
Old 2012-10-29, 18:42   Link #2038
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering thats there are a mountain of fakes almost every match...fakes exist. It is just that the system can handle them some of the time.
Old 2012-10-29, 19:31   Link #2039
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for zodiac:

Anybody think Kuro has a chance for a major upset because of the zodiac?
Old 2012-10-29, 19:56   Link #2040
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
If this was a real Saki mahjong game I think Hisa or Nodoka would be the one to come out on top. Hisa = Nodoka > Toki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kuro in mahjong abilities
I'm only familiar with what was show in the anime, but I think they would do about as well on Toki as they would in their Saimoe match. It would be cool if both semifinal matches ended in a tie so we could get all 4 of them in the finals.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament