AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Meer VS Lacus
Meer 94 30.82%
Lacus 211 69.18%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-11, 19:56   Link #41
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@slayerx damm you i wanted to say that!

@demongod lacus=complex? oh you where serious? please there have been anime characters that appear in only 1 episode more complex than lacus clyne.an example is psiren from fullmetal alchemist.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 20:59   Link #42
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

@ dom 33: form coherent arguments before arguing please. You claim Lacus isn't complex. Give proof. Oh wait, you can't, because you can't prove a negative. Lacus's commands and actions, when analyzed from WITHIN the context of her universe (means no thinking about writers/plot devices/etc...) are definitely those of a complex person. Oh, and SlayerX, how can you find Lacus unbelievable when you have people like Durandall pulling the exact same shenanigans? The guy just seems to come out of nowhere and suddenly, the world's around his fingers...and he nearly TAKES OVER THE FRICKING WORLD. All for a 32 year old guy who before this was nothing but a geneticist? You call THAT believable? What about a 16 year old upstart rookie ace becoming good enough over the course of a few months to take down the Freedom? Even within the context of Gundam SEED, that's not the easiest stuff to believe (when we clearly SAW how bad he was in the beginning--that is, having trouble with a few grunts).

Just as in DBZ, it is the norm for everyone and their pet dog to be able to blow up the world, just as it is the norm for everyone and their bitch in Naruto to be able to do something completely nuts with their Chakra (which actually translates into power), so too is it the norm in GSD for people to be stupidly high up there in intelligence. Look at Kira...he just pilots a gundam right on the fly, Durandall and Lacus just being able to swerve the entire world with a few words...it might not SEEM the norm because of all of the planning Durandall was doing and Lacus just comes along and stomps him, but then again, when it came down to it, Durandall was simply outgunned. Lacus was just as good as he is. It's just hard to believe that a stacked young pinkhead would be able to match wits with Big Brother himself.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 21:18   Link #43
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Lacus's commands and actions, when analyzed from WITHIN the context of her universe (means no thinking about writers/plot devices/etc...) are definitely those of a complex person.
*AA and Eternal vs an entire fleet of enemy ships*

Lacus: We must act quickly before the enemy surrounds us.

Errrrrrrrrr.....................duh. You call that complex? I get annoyed when people say things as obvious as that. >.>

Quote:
Oh, and SlayerX, how can you find Lacus unbelievable when you have people like Durandall pulling the exact same shenanigans? The guy just seems to come out of nowhere and suddenly, the world's around his fingers...and he nearly TAKES OVER THE FRICKING WORLD. All for a 32 year old guy who before this was nothing but a geneticist? You call THAT believable?
Because he was planning his world takeover for years, rather than reading a few obscure and inconclusive lines and figuring out a world of truth in a one-minute span.

Quote:
What about a 16 year old upstart rookie ace becoming good enough over the course of a few months to take down the Freedom? Even within the context of Gundam SEED, that's not the easiest stuff to believe (when we clearly SAW how bad he was in the beginning--that is, having trouble with a few grunts).
How "bad" he was? Care to point out how he was bad at the beginning of the series? He was taking on the Gaia on even footing, and only started losing when Stellar, Auel, and Sting all ganged up on him 3 vs 1. Which is very normal for skilled pilots. One sentence/phrase/comment: Kira vs Clotho + Shani + Olga.

Quote:
Just as in DBZ, it is the norm for everyone and their pet dog to be able to blow up the world, just as it is the norm for everyone and their bitch in Naruto to be able to do something completely nuts with their Chakra (which actually translates into power), so too is it the norm in GSD for people to be stupidly high up there in intelligence.
Please...don't use DBZ in debates about Gundam....they're worlds apart in both genre and depth.....

Quote:
Look at Kira...he just pilots a gundam right on the fly, Durandall and Lacus just being able to swerve the entire world with a few words...it might not SEEM the norm because of all of the planning Durandall was doing and Lacus just comes along and stomps him, but then again, when it came down to it, Durandall was simply outgunned. Lacus was just as good as he is. It's just hard to believe that a stacked young pinkhead would be able to match wits with Big Brother himself.
Durandall did a heck of a lot more than speak "a few words" to gain the trust of ZAFT and the world. Then comes Lacus, who reads a few obscure lines, and somehow determines that Dullindal = teh evillorzorzorz!!!!
Old 2006-04-11, 22:19   Link #44
Knightmare213

As I predicted, this quickly became a flame war Lacus Vs. Meer.

I would have to admit, Demongod, that you just might be on the losing side. Before Destiny, I would have strongly supported you all the way. So if I didn't, I would not say something like "Lacus is not as complex as the frigging pink Haro she had!"

Extreme exaggeration on my part, yeah. But I may not be the only person who would say somethign like that. Anyway, I rather stay out of this war. I got myself involved in a flame war before and it wasn't pleasant.

P.S: Cookie for anyone who finds those three stats! Curiosity drives me, you know!
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:58   Link #45
Slayerx

Quote:
Oh, and SlayerX, how can you find Lacus unbelievable when you have people like Durandall pulling the exact same shenanigans? The guy just seems to come out of nowhere and suddenly, the world's around his fingers...and he nearly TAKES OVER THE FRICKING WORLD. All for a 32 year old guy who before this was nothing but a geneticist? You call THAT believable? What about a 16 year old upstart rookie ace becoming good enough over the course of a few months to take down the Freedom? Even within the context of Gundam SEED, that's not the easiest stuff to believe (when we clearly SAW how bad he was in the beginning--that is, having trouble with a few grunts).
Now, now, who said Lacus was the only thing i found unbelievable?
There's a lot of crap that doesn't feel believable at all in GSD... I find piloting in particular is one of the most unbelievable things in GSD... Seriously, grunts with twice the ade and experience get shot down like nothing against a brat fresh from training... Hell, looking back to GS, i think Kira should have been shot down by the zaft aces within first 10 eps... The unbelievablity of GSD is part of why the series is so bad

In mobile suit gundam, i found Amuro's rise from teenage civilian to newtype Ace pilot to be mostly believable... Kira on the other hand is a lot harder to chew
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 23:14   Link #46
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Lacus must have been coordinated with the best thinking genes possible to give her such an analytical and intuitive mind.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 00:33   Link #47
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
As I predicted, this quickly became a flame war Lacus Vs. Meer.
Well, it is "Meer Campbell VS Lacus Clyne."
Old 2006-04-12, 06:31   Link #48
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Well, it is "Meer Campbell VS Lacus Clyne."
That doesn't mean it nessesarily have to be a flame war, doesn't it?

It's not that I hate any kind of flame war. I just mind them because there are one most the reasons why a thread is closed and rot in peace.
Old 2006-04-12, 10:45   Link #49
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
P.S: Cookie for anyone who finds those three stats! Curiosity drives me, you know!
>.< The only thing I remember about that is that somebody posted something like that before the Great Crack...and it wasn't even stats, just BMIs.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 12:00   Link #50
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
That doesn't mean it nessesarily have to be a flame war, doesn't it?

It's not that I hate any kind of flame war. I just mind them because there are one most the reasons why a thread is closed and rot in peace.
Anything with "VS [name of GSD character]" will turn into a major debate.
Old 2006-04-12, 12:16   Link #51
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Bah.. anything with GSD will turn into a major debate

Go Lacus !!!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 12:36   Link #52
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Go Lacus !!!
Say NO to inflatable breasts!
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 14:38   Link #53
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Anything with "VS [name of GSD character]" will turn into a major debate.
Well, I guess you'd be right with some of the characters of GSD.
Old 2006-04-12, 20:26   Link #54
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
SIGNATURE MATERIAL! Wow...that's just sigworthy.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 20:41   Link #55
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Speaking of Meer's and Lacus' breasts, I'm wondering if Lacus had a friggin' plastic surgery after she saw Meer on TV for the first time. I mean, I compared the screenshots from Episode 13 of Destiny with the Final Plus opening.

Unless you're blind, you'd see the difference between "before" and "after," don't you?

@E-Sniper: Excuse my childish knowledge, but what the hell is BMI? I heard of IBM, but that...?
Old 2006-04-12, 20:51   Link #56
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
OR they are the containers for her Lacus dust, and since she has brainwashed my sweet Kira for so long, making him forget about Frey and how to not suck, they went flat. Now she has recuperated by feeding on his will and has turned him into a zombie!

Hah, take that! Plausible in-universe explanation!

BMI stands for Body Mass Index.

Also, I have a feeling Paper will put the lockdown on this unless we shape up soon...
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 22:11   Link #57
Demongod86

Ehhh...I still think it's in the dress and how it clamps down on her assets.
Old 2006-04-12, 22:39   Link #58
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Ehhh...I still think it's in the dress and how it clamps down on her assets.
Yeah, right...
Old 2006-04-13, 01:29   Link #59
Flo
The Necessary Evil

I'm not gonna vote, but for those that haven't vote yet and aren't Lacus or Meer fanbois, vote for Lacus. This is for your best interest, or else...

Last edited by Flo; 2006-04-13 at 01:54.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:33   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You just have to pop in and post that didnt ya Flo

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote