AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-12-24, 08:25   Link #161
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Thanks everyone for the responses, especially Estavali for the very detailed description.

I've never had any issue with episodic series or character based series, as long as I know that's what I'm getting in to. I guess Log Horizon is like "The World Is Still Beautiful" or my favourite "Utawarerumono" where you are presented with a unique world and a set of characters, and the series essentially follows the interactions between the two.

Knowing what to expect (or not expect) would help me enjoy the series more. I mean, if I kept watching episode after episode expecting some sort of plot development that will trigger an explanation of why they ended up in the game, then I suspect I would be sorely disappointed. If I know it's not that kind of series, then I can focus on the characters and world building more. I guess I'll download a few more episodes then :3
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 08:30   Link #162
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Just know that the light novels so far have about 8 volumes with a ninth that is ongoing, and still no explanation behind the Catastrophe. Mamare said in a Q&A hosted on 4chan that he have his plans.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 19:39   Link #163
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Hey guys

Just a quick question,
everyone remember the fan vote server classes from afew months right?

I was just wondering if Mamare was planning to use thoses ideas or refine them abit more for the LH lore?
I know most are just re-skins of other classes, but I'm interested in seeing some base
ideas, skills and thoughts from Mamare about them.

Has there been any mention or talk on chan about them?
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 12:04   Link #164
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
Hey guys

Just a quick question,
everyone remember the fan vote server classes from afew months right?

I was just wondering if Mamare was planning to use thoses ideas or refine them abit more for the LH lore?
I know most are just re-skins of other classes, but I'm interested in seeing some base
ideas, skills and thoughts from Mamare about them.

Has there been any mention or talk on chan about them?
I'll just copy my post from the Novels thread here.

According to @loghorizon_TRPG, volume 9's appendix will include information about overseas classes. They already revealed some info about the Medicine Man class; they use Totems to divert damage, among other things.
Old 2017-03-08, 18:27   Link #165
Evil Jesus

Ops, that's a misunderstanding.
Evil Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a