AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-08-19, 15:26   Link #1
cercia_highelf
Virtue

FFX (Final Fantasy X) discussion

I have just started playing FFX (late, I know, I'm a GBA person normally). It's really relaxing. We've got the big models of Auron & Tidus from Japan, hell they're cool.

I like Auron a hell of a lot but Wakka is the best. He's got something about him, I dunno. He's real great. Yuna is very sweet, can't wait to play FFX2. I really like to use that thief girl too. Generally my best team (bearing in mind Yuna's v. useful) would be

Wakka
Tidus
Auron

If FFX fans out there want a place to waffle, do it here.
cercia_highelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 15:33   Link #2
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Erm, interesting reason to start a new thread ^^"
When you play FFX-2 I'll just remind you now, I created a thread for it a while back which has a lot of helpful tips and info buried in it.

I also enjoyed FFX a lot aswell, I found it the best FF yet. It was probably the voices that effected me the most, it had great Voice acting and it helped with the emotion a lot instead of just reading the lines which popped up on screen. The characters moved really realistically, and it added to that aswell. The ending is great, very very sad but I won't spoil anything.

Have fun.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 16:14   Link #3
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cercia_highelf
I have just started playing FFX (late, I know, I'm a GBA person normally). It's really relaxing. We've got the big models of Auron & Tidus from Japan, hell they're cool.

I like Auron a hell of a lot but Wakka is the best. He's got something about him, I dunno. He's real great. Yuna is very sweet, can't wait to play FFX2. I really like to use that thief girl too. Generally my best team (bearing in mind Yuna's v. useful) would be

Wakka
Tidus
Auron

If FFX fans out there want a place to waffle, do it here.
Well... Wakka starts to lose his luster later in the game. LuLu should be a whole lot better.

Oh here's a hint, when you have to break one of the paths for kimari, choose Rikkus area. Kimari stealing is awesome.

I like FF6 the best still. I can still remember all the characters right off my head, can't say the same for some of the newer FFs
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 17:26   Link #4
ReiGamer
A Legendary Theif...maybe

Send a message via AIM to ReiGamer
FFX is cool, but Wakka can't really "lose his luster". Nobody can really. Just take the time to put them all through the entire grid, takes a long time but it's worth it to see Yuna or Lulu hit the boss for 99,999 with a physical attack... heh heh
ReiGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 23:01   Link #5
FrostLich

FFX was a great game which led to me getting FFX-2. I loved the battling system of FFX, swapping party members is a cool feature. The story is pretty decent but the cinematics is the thing that stands out the most.

However I didnt find FFX-2 quite as awsome. FFX-2 has a unique battle system which is fun but can get repetitive. It involves no stratagy and u just continously press the same button until all the enemies die. FFX-2 has an average story but I didn't like it because its just so different from FFX and has no relation to my favorite character who only shows up if u unlock a special ending. (I wont say who this character is since it might ruin the ending of FFX).
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 23:08   Link #6
ChainLegacy
廉頗

That was the party I used the entire game for the most part; I didn't really do extra training but I did alot of fun stuff on the grid . Basically with the legendary weapons I beat every boss within 3-4 hits (I always go physical too).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 23:31   Link #7
ramune

How many hours did you guys spend on the game? My clock says 159:11.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 00:17   Link #8
Katsushiro
The 5th

Send a message via AIM to Katsushiro
This was my first FF, and I loved it at first, but as I sorta expound back to VII and VIII this game losts its feel for me. The only thing I still like about it is The Graphics, Voice Acting, and Unique Battle System.

Everythin else was okay, but what I didnt like most was the game was too lineir (sp) Ya know? (for some reason I started talking like wakka...) I didnt like it cause you had to stick to the main storyline until you get the airship, Other FFs let you do whatever you wanted then get back to the story line. yeah tahts my opinion

*runs away before FFX fans start throwing tomatoes*
Katsushiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:44   Link #9
Shousha

Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
I loved FFX... but I didn't quite get the damned blitzball thing.... it annoyed me.

~_~

And FFX2, well I bought it a few months ago and I'm so busy here at work I haven't even started playing.
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 14:02   Link #10
cercia_highelf
Virtue

<Everythin else was okay, but what I didnt like most was the game was too lineir (sp) Ya know? (for some reason I started talking like wakka...) I didnt like it cause you had to stick to the main storyline until you get the airship, Other FFs let you do whatever you wanted then get back to the story line. yeah tahts my opinion>

*runs away before FFX fans start throwing tomatoes*

Yeah,l lots of people have said that its linear, but I kind of find it a relief. It's relaxing to play something a bit simpler and FFX was so unusual compared to what had gone before. FFVII-IX weren't really my cup of tea, but I'm sure FFXI is gonna be great, I collect alternative stuff like FF Tactics, Mana, Crystal Chronicles, etc.
cercia_highelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 18:45   Link #11
Ghost_Rider
Ghost

Auron

Yeah Man Auron Is The BEST!

I think FFX was a liitle bit to easy. The Graffix and all where AWSOME! ill give them a 10/10 on that but the game ended to fast. And About FFX-2 I think it is STUPID!! that you can't pic your own wepons like in FFX where you can buy or find new wepons to use. I HATE how you cant change. you can only change your dress spehere which is ok.
Ghost_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 01:14   Link #12
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

For FFX players, make sure you at least try FFX-2, some loose ends are tired (not story wise but character wise) in FFX-2, so no matter what others say, I recommend you to try. It's not a bad game at all, even though not one of the best in the series IMO.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 01:19   Link #13
lavarock

As for FFX, I think it's a giant leap, technology wise, from previous FFs. (Well I know some of you will say, duh, it's a new platform). But Square really raised and set the bar for an example of RPG that should be on the PS2. It remains as one of the best game on PS2 IMO.
System wise, it's a big change over previous FFs (those played will know what I mean). Very different battle system, navigation system, etc. But they are not change for the worse, IMO, at least they are as interesting as the previous FFs. Plot wise, not one of the best in the series, but decently done. Fun factor wise, various in different area and depend on how much you want to achieve out of the game.
Old 2004-08-26, 03:15   Link #14
Arucard Lionheart

i've been wanting to be a ff fan so i hav played and passed and unlocked all secrets on all ff(except the gc one and ff anathology; i just can't find it) and my favorite so far has still been ff8. ffx and x-2 were great but x2 ends too fast especially for a ff game(if you go straight through it it's only 15 hours) and didn't hav as much variety in accesories as x and all that girl power crapy stuff but it still rocked. X was pretty much flawless. i got about 300 hours on each game of ff.

hey somethin funny: i was messing with the sphere grid with a whole bunch of warp spheres and without realizing it i literaly DREW a giant cat on the thing, ears, tail and all. it was hilareous when i zoomed out and saw a big cat on the grid. i'm going to try and draw other stuff too now.
Arucard Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 04:32   Link #15
lavarock

Interesting, post a picture when you done:P
Old 2007-05-11, 12:02   Link #16
Axelis
Terra Descendant

Send a message via MSN to Axelis
Final Fantasy X

I went through the existing threads and noticed Final Fantasy X was not one of them(Oh no!). So, I guess that one would be good. Just what do you all think of Final Fantasy X? International or not, come on and talk about it!!
Axelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 16:32   Link #17
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
FFX my favorite ff of all time!

I love that game, I also used Wakka, Auron, Tidus they were my strongest characters but I still had to do my switching to match up and all that good stuff.

I love blitzball! I won the luca cup too!(wonder how many ppl won it because it was damn hard!) I'd just play BB for hours, you won cool things and moves too iirc.
Spoiler for :
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 18:05   Link #18
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Loved X for its story. I still think Yuna is the best FF gal ever. Yeah, Tidus was some serious r0x. Oh, and by the way, lategame, Lulu, Wakka, Kimahri (especially Kimahri) and Rikku are all practically useless.

Just get all of Yuna's summons and her ultimate weapon, and use the teleport and lock spheres to teach Yuna the -aga spells, flare, ultima, and doublecast. If her aeons don't rape face, doublecast Ultima surely will. She has a higher magic rating than Lulu, and is much cuter too.

The only thing I didn't like was Sin's ugly-ass design. Surely some bigass summoner could have designed something that looked decent rather than that giant turd.

Oh, and X-2 was a blast. Yes the gameplay stunk and I had to cheat to beat it because I kept running into Azi Dhaka so I went down in the via infinito and got the catnip for yuna. Trigger happy+catnip=mass lulz. But the story was amazing! Complete blast of a fun time with the story...especially when getting the uniforms to sneak into Leblanc's mansion and taking the long way up and falling into the hot springs on that rock...*CUE NOSEBLEED*

That said, X-2 Yuna is just a goddess. She's like Lacus Clyne! A songstress that kicks major ass! Oh, and Shuyin is the second most awesome FF villain next to Sephiroth. There's something to be said when the villain is the main lead's boyfriend's emo twin!
Old 2007-05-12, 10:12   Link #19
Axelis
Terra Descendant

Send a message via MSN to Axelis
I finished Final Fantasy X five times!! Anybody here plays the international version? Anybody went up against the Dark Aeons? Please share some info with me, cause I have some problems with some Dark Aeons.....like Yojimbo, Anima, and Bahamut.
Axelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 19:13   Link #20
arias

Does anyone want to actually talk about the plot for FFX? My memory is extremely rusty and a reconstruction of the plot could be fun.. Poor me. This is my idea of fun ; )

Well for one, who is Auron and since he is supposedly not-alive, how is he sustained as a material object in the world? I have a rough idea but it would be good if someone has a concise answer.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote