AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-07-20, 05:44   Link #44741
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
@agetreme

I've read the novels, what I meant is that Shin is prone to show his anger a lot more than Ichika; as you said it could be a survival mechanism. However maybe it will get to the point later on that he will not be able to repress his anger anymore and just... well let's not hope he transforms into another Shin.

Let's left this talk to the LN thread and let's just focus in Fanon, 'kay?
Actually that(Ichika's Anger issue) is a pretty interesting angle to look at. It is one aspect which the Author did not explore (like I mentioned, it could be unintentional) and the Fans did not go into.

Regressed Anger which occasionally leak out, it is actually one of Ichika's trait which separate him from other harem Protagonist (who are mostly just Cupboard cut).

But it is difficult to write though, if written badly, we'll get another Shin. But if written probably.... you get a Ichika with greater dept.

(Though, to be honest, even a Mary Sue have realistic personality in the hand of competent writer.)

I believed that Fireminer would probably be a little interested to explore this darker side of Ichika.
Old 2013-07-20, 08:02   Link #44742
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

agetreme is right! I do want to see the darker side of Ichika. Remember this: Everyone has a point of crack! I believe that Ichika's current personality is the combination of having a badass sister plus strong independent girl friends, an unpleasant past, society influence, even maybe a bit of his Kendo training. And I must say, it's quite interesting to see the moment when all of them collapsed!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 08:37   Link #44743
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Anger? Depth? Ichika has never shown an explosive temper for me. All he's done is standard shonen protagonist motions. Sure even I like them, but making it the center of the story...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 08:54   Link #44744
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hey, sometime Shonen Manga and Anime have strong influeced of emotions! For example, the characteristic of Rin and Yukio contribute a great deal to Ao no Exorcist's charm!
Anyway, I just couldn't stop to make a comparision of Charlotte and Kanon in The World Only God Know. They are both not the main heroine, but were well loved by fans and thus earned a lot of screen time for them.
Old 2013-07-20, 09:31   Link #44745
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Anger? Depth? Ichika has never shown an explosive temper for me. All he's done is standard shonen protagonist motions. Sure even I like them, but making it the center of the story...
Who says anything about giving him an explosive temper?

Unable to cope, Ichika regressed further and develop a darker second personality that is more aggressive (AKA the girl's version of "Ichika")
Old 2013-07-21, 00:15   Link #44746
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So I heard you hated the squandered premise of IS.

Spoiler for Meister Babylon's [The Infinite Stratos] prototype snippet:

So I put a reboot in your stratos so you can stratos while you boot the original author out.

(The crossed out line is a joke. No vampires in my reboot.)
Old 2013-07-21, 01:01   Link #44747
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I do not get the reference ...
Old 2013-07-21, 01:09   Link #44748
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Valverave.

...well, as long as Ichika doesn't become a Shiny Sparkly Vampire, I'm okay with it...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 01:10   Link #44749
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Valvrave. It was a terrible joke.

The point was, maybe I could just redo Infinite Stratos using my own ideas, namely: make Ichika grow a brain, give the other girls more depth, a more coherent plot, the Dunois Factory arc I came up with, etc; while following the general idea (mech musumes with a harem) and major events (that golem and the Testament) and see where it goes.
Old 2013-07-21, 01:20   Link #44750
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
make Ichika grow a brain,
- How do we know Ichika's density isn't programmed into him, as a sort of limiter?

Quote:
"This is for your own good." She took the catatonic boy in her arms, pressing against him. With a catlike smile, she looked at Orimura Chifuyu. Close enough to se her, but too far to stop her. Even the legendary black-haired valkyrie could not move that fast. "I'm releasing his command restrictions."

Chifuyu never screamed. Even when her brother was half-dead, beaten out of the sky by a rogue IS. She took it calmly, never flinching. She never screamed.

She was screaming now.

Squall gave Ichika a deep, passionate kiss.

All of a sudden it's like a fog cleared in my head...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 02:12   Link #44751
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Valvrave. It was a terrible joke.

The point was, maybe I could just redo Infinite Stratos using my own ideas, namely: make Ichika grow a brain, give the other girls more depth, a more coherent plot, the Dunois Factory arc I came up with, etc; while following the general idea (mech musumes with a harem) and major events (that golem and the Testament) and see where it goes.
You havenoidea how lng I've been planning such a thing
Old 2013-07-21, 02:17   Link #44752
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Umm... What is happening?
Old 2013-07-21, 03:00   Link #44753
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Umm... What is happening?
Normal IS fic talk, nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyway, I'm 60% done with the 2nd chapter of my fic. It's difficult to write the same thing twice from two PoVs (mainly the canon char sides and the OCs side).

And you guys, how are your stories going?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:28   Link #44754
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- How do we know Ichika's density isn't programmed into him, as a sort of limiter?
Even so, I find that still makes him... less awesome? Than he could be?

I know delino has been trying things out. For me, I was inspired by a whole series of manly shows to try giving Infinite Stratos some character spine and development, without changing the events that would otherwise occur (even though the reasons behind them are changed). There must be enough foreshadowing, or else anything I do would feel like an ass-pull. More showing, less telling. More exploration, less mindless harem.

At the same time, there must be Occam's Razor, so no frivolous hijinx thrown in yet.

Its quite a challenge for myself. If anything, its just an AU writing for my pleasure, and hopefully get me out of the Stratos corner I wrote myself into.
Old 2013-07-21, 04:24   Link #44755
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
So I heard you hated the squandered premise of IS.

Spoiler for Meister Babylon's [The Infinite Stratos] prototype snippet:

So I put a reboot in your stratos so you can stratos while you boot the original author out.

(The crossed out line is a joke. No vampires in my reboot.)
That is some crazy stuff! Looking forward to see where would this lead to! Haven't watch much of Valvrave - personally, I think Gargantina is doing much better!

Anyway, can you guys count the number of "upgraded" Ichika story? Probally half of the total number. And if you add the number of OC and Romance-centric story, that is almost everything we write. So the question is: Does IS only has that much imagination field to offer?
Old 2013-07-21, 04:30   Link #44756
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well me and eras had this AU, romance kind of story on the percolator. Unlike most romance, it involves pre-marital sex, teen pregnancy handled in the most non-MTV kind of way possible. and throw in a love triangle for good measure.

Then there's this:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=34879

and this:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=13918

and we're still missing box with his sandwhich detective story.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-07-21 at 04:41.
Old 2013-07-21, 04:50   Link #44757
HasuMasu
*Artist

It wasn't even that good of an idea, I had better ones which I never even mentioned.

Like the moon thing.
Old 2013-07-21, 05:18   Link #44758
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That is quite something, especially with that Intergalactic story! A mix of Gundam, Macross and Sekirei, I see. Hope to see more total AU story! - the best would be a fantasy/mystery genre (but not to the extreme of fujin's)
Also, what moon thing?
Old 2013-07-21, 05:33   Link #44759
HasuMasu
*Artist

An old plot bunny I never posted here for some reason.

The moon gets destroyed and mysterious exoskeletons fall to Earth.

This time instead of a gender restriction, the IS emits radiation that some people are immune to.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:54   Link #44760
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hey, how about a Kamen Rider (or Super Sentai)-style fic?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest