AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-08-03, 08:16   Link #61
Monster0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
hashirama can't get tired because of edo tesei. i don't know how valuable are the sage chakra to madara,
didn't madara already have hashirama's skills doesn't need to absorb hashirama anymore

i wonder what is SHikamaru doing. he has been already observing the battle for a while and I don't think he will continue standing.

and there's still no sign of orochimaru and the current kages
Madara doesn't need to absorb,i'm sorry i ever said absorb.Absorbing was more how i was imagining the method Madara may use to seal away Hashirama.How else can he defeat him other than removing him from the fight somehow?And besides it isn't skills he needs but more power for those skills to be effective enough to work on God.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:17   Link #62
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
hashirama can't get tired because of edo tesei. i don't know how valuable are the sage chakra to madara,
didn't madara already have hashirama's skills doesn't need to absorb hashirama anymore
we may not think madara needs anymore from hashirama, but i argue that there is a possibility that is exactly what he is planning to do…if the stone tablet says that this 'god' divided himself, it makes sense to me that someone in pursuit of that power would ultimately try to reunite those halves. in fact that is precisely what madara attempted to do the first time he gained a portion of hashiramas strength. something is really specially about shodaime and i would guess there are more sources to his strength than just his dna. madara may have figured out a way to get a hold of that 'essence' and whatever he is planning to do requires time to activate…

just speculation though...he could just as well be waiting for the 5 kages to show as he wants an audience for this trump card of his...
Old 2013-08-03, 19:12   Link #63
Bijuu Kurama

What happend to Orochimaru? I forgot if they mentioned.. wasn't he with Sasuke?
Bijuu Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 04:46   Link #64
HasuMasu
*Artist

He's with the kages.
Old 2013-08-04, 07:36   Link #65
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijuu Kurama View Post
What happend to Orochimaru? I forgot if they mentioned.. wasn't he with Sasuke?
Last time we saw him he saved Tsunade, then he went to an unknown place together with Karin and Suigetsu just before the 5 kages were all revived and decided to go back to the war. So right now we have 2 groups that can save the good guys when Tobito and Madara are about to kill them (as usual from Kishimoto).

BTW how did Temari end up next to Shikamaru in the current manga chapters, last time i remember she was with the 5 kage (current anime episodes) ?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 11:35   Link #66
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
BTW how did Temari end up next to Shikamaru in the current manga chapters, last time i remember she was with the 5 kage (current anime episodes) ?
at one point it was just naruto, bee, kakashi, and guy vs obito. then shikas dad ordered the rest of the alliance to that battlefield (where naruto professed obito was going down with Alliance no jutsu or some silliness like that). so temari has been there at least since all 5 kage showed up to fight edo madara/muu. i just figured with all the juubimonsters to deal with that all the named characters would eventually manage to get within earshot of each other. then again, shikamaru is using Ino's jutsu to speak to everybody so i guess they didnt really have to
Old 2013-08-05, 16:31   Link #67
Ero-Senn1n

I don't know if anyone mentioned this on the forum: could the reason why Kabuto was not afraid that eternal tsukiyomi will affect him be that he believed that with Sasuke's eyes he would be immune to it? It would be a strong hint that if Obito does it Sasuke (and possibly Madara) is the one who can break out of it and then stop Tobito. I was thinking what use Sasuke would be if Naruto gets another big powerup, and this would be a good answer, while Naruto with another powerup would have huge raw power, Sasuke would be more powerful when it comes to genjutsu and things like that. As the two sons of the sage, where one inherits the physical power and the other the mental power.

Of course it could simply be that Kabuto always planned to prevent the eternal tsukiyomi, we saw how he wanted to capture Bee and Naruto before Tobito does so, but i don't see how he could have used them if not to trade them for Sasuke. We also saw his goal was to capture Sasuke when he fought Itachi. Also he says their theory with Orochi is that sharingan eventually evolves to rinnegan, so it makes sense that he wanted Sasuke's eyes which could also give him the rinnegan power. That's another hint that Sasuke can get the rinnegan, although my guess is that in this war he will be able to unlock it only if Naruto gives him his kyuubi+sage chakra, and the duration would be rather short, only for the time the chakra runs out. Kabuto's confidence could also be because he thinks that adding his sage mode he could activate the rinnegan from the EMS. In that case there's a chance that if we have a last timeskip then Sasuke may go to the 3rd place to learn to be sage and then be able to activate the rinnegan in sage mode. All that of course to have his battle with Naruto for the hokage place
Old 2013-08-05, 18:12   Link #68
Midnight Commander

Quote:
I was thinking what use Sasuke would be if Naruto gets another big powerup, and this would be a good answer, while Naruto with another powerup would have huge raw power, Sasuke would be more powerful when it comes to genjutsu and things like that.
Genjitsu has never been Sasuke's strong point. I think it would be more exiting seeing him shine in what he is most talented at, rather than be a one trick pony to assist Naruto, while Naruto does the real heavy lifting. So far their collaboration has been fun to read; as opposed to Naruto's collaboration with the other alliance members, where its pretty much been what you're suggesting: them performing some kind of assist for Naruto to take home the big win. Its the same fanservice crap we've been given all throughout this "ninja war" so I think the time is more than ripe for a change.

Quote:
As the two sons of the sage, where one inherits the physical power and the other the mental power.
But it doesn't seem like either of them have much mental power... Joking aside, I thought it was spiritual power, since Susanoo seemed to be a reflection of the caster's inner self, or soul, I could be wrong though. I thought I remembered Obito say this during his explanation to Naruto.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-08-05 at 18:22.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 23:23   Link #69
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
That's another hint that Sasuke can get the rinnegan, although my guess is that in this war he will be able to unlock it only if Naruto gives him his kyuubi+sage chakra, and the duration would be rather short, only for the time the chakra runs out.
I too believe this is a way sasuke obtain the rinnegan. in fact, i think if he were to receive the kyuubi chakra (either from naruto or minato) he would get that cloak form as well...at one point in this story there was an established relationship between the uchiha and the nine tails. gaining the mangekyou gives you the power to control kurama. if im remembering this correctly. considering madara's use of the kyuubi in the past, i wouldnt be surprise if the use of the nine tails chakra is actually the uchiha(sasukes) rightful inheritance...
Old 2013-08-06, 09:32   Link #70
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I too believe this is a way sasuke obtain the rinnegan. in fact, i think if he were to receive the kyuubi chakra (either from naruto or minato) he would get that cloak form as well...at one point in this story there was an established relationship between the uchiha and the nine tails. gaining the mangekyou gives you the power to control kurama. if im remembering this correctly. considering madara's use of the kyuubi in the past, i wouldnt be surprise if the use of the nine tails chakra is actually the uchiha(sasukes) rightful inheritance...
How offensive!
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 13:42   Link #71
itachi-san314

Quote:
if im remembering this correctly. considering madara's use of the kyuubi in the past, i wouldnt be surprise if the use of the nine tails chakra is actually the uchiha(sasukes) rightful inheritance...
that's my understanding as well, but the wrench in those plans is that hashirama(senju) can control them all which to me means that they are the inheritance of the next sage since madara (and other MS users) and hashirama were the closest ones to the sage's power prior to this war, so they could control the beasts the best. and the next sage will be able to control them even better

i never really understood why it was just the kyuubi that the MS could control. it seems like a plot device that was never fully developed. what separates the kyuubi from the other bijou to make it so that only it is controllable with MS? logically, being the strongest bijou, kurama should have been the toughest to control whereas the 1-8 tails should have been easier, but for some reason they are immune to the MS's control and the kyuubi is useless against it?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 14:42   Link #72
yamakumori
flawless victory

MS could work on kurama due to his hatered. The nine-tails is especially keen on negetive emotions and himself harbor many, The MS uses emotional states to enhance it's own ability, for the sharingan is a manifistation of mind. However as his pact with naruto has made him better balanced in emotion the technique may have decreased power on him now.
yamakumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 16:17   Link #73
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
Genjitsu has never been Sasuke's strong point.
If we don't count Itachi then he's one of the strongest genjutsu users ever. I guess only Madara is on his level now. Don't forget that he has now EMS and Itachi's eyes too, so don't you expect that he got a genjutsu powerup? Sasuke usually gets his great stuff off-screen while Naruto usually gets in some training that is shown to us. I'm sure Sasuke got some new cool stuff, but the author will use that when the plot requires.

Quote:
I think it would be more exiting seeing him shine in what he is most talented at, rather than be a one trick pony to assist Naruto, while Naruto does the real heavy lifting.
I'm ok with that, but if the author decides that Naruto and Sasuke must really fight Tobito, not just help the kages out as they did until now, then they must get a very strong powerup. And currently i can see that only in Naruto's case happening naturally. In Sasuke's case it would be to awaken the rinnegan, but doing it just like that would be kinda lame, since even Madara had to not only steal Hashirama's cells but also wait until his old age to make it happen. And Sasuke can't learn how to become a sage like Naruto in the middle of a battle. So my best guess was that it will be Naruto who gets the huge powerup and he will be thus overall clearly stronger than Sasuke again at this point in time. That's why i added that if Sasuke can get the sage mode later, he will be Naruto's equal again, but right now it's not needed in order to be able to defeat Tobito and Madara because as i explained Sasuke and Naruto if they unite their individual power the sum of those powers can be much larger than the two parts were individually. And i think that's what the author wants to say in the end, because he set up the story of the Sage of 6 paths and his sons in that way.

Also i think calling Sasuke a "one trick pony" is not right, because he is very smart so he can come up with some great ways to use the power that Naruto could lend him. If he gains the rinnegan with Naruto's sage chakra given to him then he would be the one to directly fight Tobito and Naruto would be only in a supporting role. I think that's a great way to shine, even if it's only temporary.

Quote:
So far their collaboration has been fun to read; as opposed to Naruto's collaboration with the other alliance members, where its pretty much been what you're suggesting: them performing some kind of assist for Naruto to take home the big win. Its the same fanservice crap we've been given all throughout this "ninja war" so I think the time is more than ripe for a change.
Well i think most of us "fans" expect that from this type of manga, and we would be disappointed if something else happens. You can't fully enjoy these types of action shonen manga if you don't like this cliche' stuff that happens most of the time

Quote:
Joking aside, I thought it was spiritual power, since Susanoo seemed to be a reflection of the caster's inner self, or soul, I could be wrong though. I thought I remembered Obito say this during his explanation to Naruto.
Whatever you call it, maybe i used the wrong word, but you know what i meant

Quote:
at one point in this story there was an established relationship between the uchiha and the nine tails. gaining the mangekyou gives you the power to control kurama. if im remembering this correctly. considering madara's use of the kyuubi in the past, i wouldnt be surprise if the use of the nine tails chakra is actually the uchiha(sasukes) rightful inheritance...
Well they just used their genjutsu to enslave him, i wouldn't call that "rightful" They inherited the will of the son who tought you rule by power, no wonder they forced Kurama to be their slave, not acknowledging that it's a being that can feel and think like a human. And one of the main themes of the manga is that being used as a tool and being neglected leads to hate, and we saw how Kurama's hate is stronger than that of any other tailed beast. Naruto's way will be to save not only the humans but also these tailed beasts.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-08-06 at 18:41.
Old 2013-08-06, 21:07   Link #74
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamakumori View Post
MS could work on kurama due to his hatered. The nine-tails is especially keen on negetive emotions and himself harbor many, The MS uses emotional states to enhance it's own ability, for the sharingan is a manifistation of mind. However as his pact with naruto has made him better balanced in emotion the technique may have decreased power on him now.
all the tailed beasts are full of hatred. hachibi was a ruthless psycho and killed countless cloud ninja until bee tamed him and they became friends. same with kurama basically. if he has more hatred than the others, then it's just because he should have more of everything
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 22:22   Link #75
Midnight Commander

Quote:
If we don't count Itachi then he's one of the strongest genjutsu users ever. I guess only Madara is on his level now.
Remains to be seen but I'm doubtful. A non genjitsu-typeDanzou didn't seem very impressed with the potency of his genjitsu; he even felt haughty enough to mock it.

Quote:
Don't forget that he has now EMS and Itachi's eyes too, so don't you expect that he got a genjutsu powerup? Sasuke usually gets his great stuff off-screen while Naruto usually gets in some training that is shown to us. I'm sure Sasuke got some new cool stuff, but the author will use that when the plot requires.
Yes, its possible but I don't expect it (this genjitsu powerup at least). I remember when Sasuke just got his MS, and said to himself that he felt Itachi's power while he still wore bandages. Many members assumed (rightfully so) that this meant he'd get all of Itachi's powers, that is, he'd be as proficient in genjitsu as Itachi was. All things considered, I just don't think the author is trying to take Sasuke in that direction, based on what we've seen. Still, I'm not saying its impossible to happen (hey, look who "Tobi" actually turned out to be).

Quote:
Also i think calling Sasuke a "one trick pony" is not right, because he is very smart so he can come up with some great ways to use the power that Naruto could lend him.
lol, thats rich, I'm sure you'd love to see this scenario.
Quote:
Well i think most of us "fans" expect that from this type of manga, and we would be disappointed if something else happens. You can't fully enjoy these types of action shonen manga if you don't like this cliche' stuff that happens most of the time
Ha. It seems you don't seem to fully enjoy this manga either judging by your criticisms throughout the years : / ...You're correct though, I don't fully enjoy this manga, and perhaps the biggest reason is the cliche plot developments, such as the naruto fanservice fest this "Ninja War" turned out to be. I obviously still enjoy the manga enough to keep reading though.

Quote:
Whatever you call it, maybe i used the wrong word, but you know what i meant
Yes, I wasn't really trying to correct you; I was half joking.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 00:08   Link #76
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
One of my biggest problems with Sasuke is that he has the character motivations of a nine year-old looking for a popsicle. One week he wants one thing, then he'll want something completely different. I don't feel any sympathy for him.

This arc has just dragged on for so long. I admit that things are getting better now that Obito has stopped whining about Rin. Maybe it feels even longer becasue I actually review the weekly chapter for manga/anime database and news site. This is the review I made for Chapter 641. I thought the combined attack was a bit corny, but I still really liked the chapter http://www.animevice.com/news/av-mod...1-review/7055/

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion