AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-01-18, 19:54   Link #5801
Blazer-X

Well, that's slightly disappointing. Although given that Epyon Bai, Tallgeese Heaven, and Prometheus are very similar to their EW variations, I shouldn't be surprised that Warlock is the same. Still hoping they can make some decent changes (at least give it more weapons like the TV Ver, please). Because if Warlock is just DSH-EW with two scythes, I'd be VERY disappointed.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 16:54   Link #5802
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Boy, does he ever. Cracking open Blind Target gives you this on the first page:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I see what you did there, Asagi! xD

And while we're at it, Naina looks like she's taking after Heero, too.
Actually, I instantly thought of this:

But that panel from BT is spot on... which is probably the EXACT same pic for all three of these!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 19:20   Link #5803
gordol
Banned

Being banned by being an active member that actually contributes something to the forum...

Well.... this month's FT

Quote:
■新機動戦記ガンダムWフローズンティアドロップ
P399-404
表紙はモノクロのリリーナとヒイロ。
今月号は本文五ページ。
……なんだかどんどん減ってるんですけど。

今月は「特別総集編」と題した
白雪姫に残されていたヒイロの記憶の話。
※ZEROシステムに残されていたボイスレコーダーファイル。

ヒイロ視点で「ガンダムW」から「フローズンティアドロップ」までを
ふり返るストーリー。

もともとは単行本10巻で完結予定だったのが連載が伸びたそうです。
-ANOTHER flashback! this time it's a recap of Heero's life until now
-FT was originally supposed to be just a 10 volume novel, but now it has been extended. What could this mean ?!?!?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 20:38   Link #5804
Tendou Souji

I don't get it. I don't get it at all. What the hell is going on? It was supposed to be 10 volumes? That is the exact length of Unicorn. This is going to be longer than Unicorn with absolutely little happening and almost no suits revealed. This is mind boggling. Was this the plan all along? Get by without revealing the suits, set up a sequel, reveal the sequel animation and the suits? Why do we need a flashback of Wing, Endless Waltz and FT? I mean, I love the fact that we can get Heero's thoughts on everything. I like the way he thinks. So part of me is excited to see how he feels about everything. But the story is literally going nowhere. The story always has months and months of no progress. They are literally stalling and I didn't think the novel sold well enough to do that.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 11:11   Link #5805
gordol
Banned

The FT picture drama has other pics! Also no Altron and Hell yet...

FT album: http://imgur.com/a/bkKlW

Images

GOL album: http://imgur.com/a/BmCLF

Images
Old 2014-01-24, 18:52   Link #5806
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I don't get it. I don't get it at all. What the hell is going on? It was supposed to be 10 volumes? That is the exact length of Unicorn. This is going to be longer than Unicorn with absolutely little happening and almost no suits revealed. This is mind boggling. Was this the plan all along? Get by without revealing the suits, set up a sequel, reveal the sequel animation and the suits? Why do we need a flashback of Wing, Endless Waltz and FT? I mean, I love the fact that we can get Heero's thoughts on everything. I like the way he thinks. So part of me is excited to see how he feels about everything. But the story is literally going nowhere. The story always has months and months of no progress. They are literally stalling and I didn't think the novel sold well enough to do that.
Haven't posted in a while (been waiting until I got the BR Box Set 2 before I came back) but honestly I think that this line of thinking is the worst thing people could do.

We know for a fact that the Vol sales dropped of to near disastrous levels after Vol 3, and most certainly don't warrent a postive extension. If anything the combo of Sumizawa telling us that he hoped this would lead to sequel, but wasn't meant to be animated combo'd with this could mean that if there was any plans for an animation follow up they might very well have been canned.

Extending FT in Novel form to finish off whatever story might have been animated is far less of a money sink then going through with an animated series/ova if they aren't sure.

After the AGE failure and the massive success of Unicorn they might only go with things they are confident to be sure hits. A sequel to both Wing (that some people hoped for) and a follow up to SEED (something that is all but inevitable with the HD Remasters and how well they've done) could have both been in the works, but it seems likely now that at least the Wing would be shuttered in the face of declining sales and issues plaguing Frozen.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 23:05   Link #5807
Tendou Souji

Thing is that while FT is having sales problems the kits and RD are still being released. FT isn't the only aspect of Wing.The stalling is what is getting me. Why retell what we already know from Wing, EW and the novel itself? I know about his wife but going at a snail's pace in something like this with information we already know is even worse than doing nothing.

If the novel is supposed to end and finish up the story with no adaption or sequel or whatever they'd have no problem revealing the suits now. The volume cover wouldn't be DSH EW in a cloak. It would be Warlock and this picture drama should be showing Tallgeese Heaven, since it was revealed at this point and stole the show. They would be promoting these suits. Instead it looks like they don't care about the novel itself and want to save the suits for something else.
Old 2014-01-24, 23:43   Link #5808
gordol
Banned

I believe Katoki just hasn't finalized the designs yet since they are quite a lot: 4 new Gundams, 1 new Tallgeese, 2 new Epyon(kinda), new Virgo and at least 8 types of known Mars Suits. There also the ships and the flashback stuff.

Moving into GOL:
-What happened to the Wing? Left on Earth again, but it still has that new unused shield attachment so it'll see action again, most likely during the Luxembourg battle
-What's Zechs up to in space? Since they skipped his battle against Mercurius and Vayate. I wanna see Tallgeese against MDs soon
-HYPE for Hell and Altron debut!
Old 2014-01-25, 00:09   Link #5809
FalsePrime

Well I hope for eager Wing fans you're right. I just really don't see it coming after FT.

Granted they have pushed it hard. And I've come around to the idea that at least at one time it was probably in the cards, just I think the turn out for FT has likely soured the suits on the idea.
Old 2014-01-25, 00:35   Link #5810
Tendou Souji

I don't think FT or anything directly related to it should get animated honestly. I just believe that the suits that were supposed to be in it are going to be used for something else. Katoki has to have completed a few more suits in 5 years. Prometheus was revealed like 2(?) years ago. It wouldn't make sense to not have anything else important done in that time. Unicorn can't be the excuse since Unicorn is basically a once a year thing that retools existing suits. FT retools old suits too.Unicorn actually makes it even more embarrassing since they are doing nearly the same thing.

Glory is kind of dragging along too. This small arc has gone on for far too long. Did we really need this whole chapter to be talking when people expected the 2 suits in December?
Old 2014-01-25, 00:48   Link #5811
gordol
Banned

MGs for the 4 New Gundams, the 2 Epyons and Heaven are a given

I just want to see the goddamn designs already!
Old 2014-01-25, 23:55   Link #5812
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Keep in mind that Frozen Teardrop has been a LOT shorter than Gundam Unicorn has been. Hell, with all of FT combined, it's probably just a quarter of Unicorn.

Also, the 2nd blu-ray box will have a new work! It's a Drama CD of Endless Waltz Preventer 5. Should be interesting! They have a cast list listed... seems like it's going to be a narrative of the story.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 12:35   Link #5813
FalsePrime

So I was going over the Product listing on the Gundam Wing EW/ODDS/EVENS BR Box Set being released later this year, and one of the listings that kept popping up was that it has new scenes added for ODDs/EVENs.

However I never saw that on Gundam Guy or none of the Gundam Blogs I follow, so is this just a oversight on a few of the stores that are listing the Box Set already?
Old 2014-01-28, 16:52   Link #5814
gordol
Banned

FT pircture drama info and images should leak soon
Old 2014-01-28, 17:03   Link #5815
FalsePrime

My copy of the Box Set has already shipped, so I'm surprised that the Drama isn't out on the net already.
Old 2014-01-28, 18:32   Link #5816
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
-ANOTHER flashback! this time it's a recap of Heero's life until now
-FT was originally supposed to be just a 10 volume novel, but now it has been extended. What could this mean ?!?!?
The pilot's? I thought we already covered him. Or are we gonna get a recap of him spending 30 years as a popsicle? That shouldn't be too exciting.

As for the Odds/Evens bonus scenes, do they mean new bonus scenes FalsePrime? Most of it is just a clip show with a total of 5~ minutes of animation in between that wasn't show in the series, the aftermath of the destruction of Libra to be exact. It would surprise me if there was more added.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 21:05   Link #5817
FalsePrime

I thought the exact samething. However look at these two listings.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCXA-826

It clearly says both ODDS and EVENS have New Scenes. One would think that this could possibly be the added Libra scene that you mentioned, however that gets thrown into question when you look at this listing.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-4106

This ODD and EVEN box set, is what I guessed this new Blu Ray release to be, given it shipped day and date with Endless Waltz on Blu Ray, yet despite it coming out years after ODDs and EVENs it doesn't list ODDS and EVENs as having New Scenes, and this set most certainly would have the Libra scene.

The original listing also says that something called Gundam Wing Endless Waltz "Special Episode" can be stored in this EW/OnE's boxset, but what the hell is this Special Episode? Is this the Drama Picture from Gundam Wing Box Set 2? If so why would you store it in that, when it clearly comes with the Box Set 2?

It does say Sold Seperatly, so maybe it's the original EW Release? That doesn't make sense though, because that was the Movie version and not an Episode, nor was it Special when you consider this comes with both EW and Odds and Evens.
Old 2014-01-28, 23:16   Link #5818
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
They mistranslated 特別篇 as Special Episode when it should be "Special Edition". It's the movie edition of Endless Waltz. And basically the text is just saying you can store the EW Blu-ray with the rest of the series ones in the same box.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:04   Link #5819
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
They mistranslated 特別篇 as Special Episode when it should be "Special Edition". It's the movie edition of Endless Waltz. And basically the text is just saying you can store the EW Blu-ray with the rest of the series ones in the same box.
Okay that takes care of the SE. Not bad given I did pick up the Movie version so I can store it there.

What about the New Scenes bit? How did that get there?
Old 2014-01-29, 06:07   Link #5820
gordol
Banned

from the pic drama?

Images

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing