AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-06, 15:36   Link #481
James Rye

Well, she was the sole red blood cell getting lost all the time and not understanding the map. Ofc that could have just been a comedy gag but maybe it was a hint towards being a blood sickness/flaw in the genes where such sickle red cells can happen.
Old 2018-10-06, 15:49   Link #482
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If it's just the one, it's got to be pretty inconsequential. Is it something that happens? Like the routinely eliminated cancer cells, do we all have a tiny amount of sickle red blood cells?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 16:15   Link #483
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If it's just the one, it's got to be pretty inconsequential. Is it something that happens? Like the routinely eliminated cancer cells, do we all have a tiny amount of sickle red blood cells?
Wiki said this "Sickle cell disease occurs when a person inherits two abnormal copies of the haemoglobin gene, one from each parent.", so pretty rare I think.
Old 2018-10-06, 16:24   Link #484
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Wiki said this "Sickle cell disease occurs when a person inherits two abnormal copies of the haemoglobin gene, one from each parent.", so pretty rare I think.
Yes, but my question is, can a healthy individual have a few sickle cells out of the trillions they have? And the sickle cell disease would be having enough of them to matter.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 06:42   Link #485
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's what I've been wondering as well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 07:06   Link #486
Tenzen12

Yeah me too, but my Google-fun failed me...
Old 2018-10-07, 08:04   Link #487
xeviouses

My Google-fu told me that if a person has Sickle Cell Disease, it pretty much means that all RBC in that individuals body are Sickle Cells not just one or a few. It's not instantly fatal and whoever has it can survive up to adulthood and if they're lucky up to their 50's.

This is just conjecture on my part of course, but since the known cure for SCD is bone marrow transplant and the bone marrow produces new cells...
Old 2018-10-07, 16:44   Link #488
Itlandm
Porcupine

It is not impossible to have only a few sickle cells even if you are not a carrier of the sickle cell trait. Sickle cells are caused by one of several mutations on chromosome 11, and somatic mutations happen all the time. (That is, mutations that happen to cells in the body and are not transmitted to your children.) It is not unknown to find someone with a lock of hair in different color, for instance, or one eye or even part of an eye with a different color. Even smaller mutations would be invisible to the casual observer, and of course mutations inside the body will never be noticed unless they cause trouble. A single sickle cell, or even a few of them, would not trigger any reactions in the body. White blood cells also generally ignore minor mutations that are not malignant.

I doubt the association with sickle cells is intentional in this case though. She is probably just meant to be cute. But if you want to believe it, it is not biologically impossible.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 19:07   Link #489
scififan

It matters when you learn your red blood cell is dating your white blood cell. Nahh. This anime is fun and educational.

Then, there is an unconfirmed talks: The human body in "Working Cells" belongs to a healthy JK. In contrast, the human body in "Working Cells - Black" belongs to a smoking middle age man.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 10:34   Link #490
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Or it might be a coincidence with meaning.

I mean the ahoge is common for characters who are idiotic or airheaded in some way.

But it also has the shape of a sickle cell, which is a blood cell that has trouble circulating properly.
Old 2018-10-13, 03:27   Link #491
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And the review continues. I love all this extra information.
Old 2018-10-21, 11:03   Link #492
BWTraveller
Born to ship

New bit from him looks at some of the theories and ideas concerning the series. He pretty thoroughly quashed the sickle cell idea: this series has worked hard to have things be believable and in a sense accurate, but RBC being a sickle cell wouldn't be a mater of her getting lost all the time, it'd be a matter of her getting trapped all the time wherever she went. Not to mention that it'd be a really bizarre occurrence for one RBC to randomly develop the sickle mutation.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 12:08   Link #493
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

In fact, we've actually seen her worm her way through tight spaces before. A sickle cell would have much more trouble with that.
Old 2018-12-26, 19:32   Link #494
Nivek von Beldo

We got an special, about common flu and like the influenza was more localize but woah at the mood whisplash.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 22:28   Link #495
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
We got an special, about common flu and like the influenza was more localize but woah at the mood whisplash.
This one was the common cold, not influenza. There are big differences between the two viruses, especially in terms of severity and potential for lasting damage. The flu is much more aggressive and dangerous.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 01:16   Link #496
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for EP 14/OVA The Common Cold Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 18:10   Link #497
Dop
Mmmm....

Hurray, OVA! That common cold, such a trickster. No wonder there's no cure for the bastard!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 18:12   Link #498
James Rye

Never underestimate the Common Cold (and its pranks). xD
I love how the Prank was used as an RNA hint for the Immune system.
Old 2018-12-27, 20:08   Link #499
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Loved the Xmas time special. All the key characters re-appeared in this one. Loved it when the Macrophages used sports equipment to beat up the rhinovirus!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 22:13   Link #500
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

An ova isnt enough just seeing a cell being bored that he need to do pranks with a cold on everyone was just a lot of fun

Macrophage really can use anything to kill those germs

Tags
action comedy, biology