AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 14:27   Link #81
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
the boy in the middle ( right side ) = Konoe grandchild right?

is it me or the other kid in the middle (left side) = Setsuna grandchild?
supposedly he is but there are apparently loopholes or something along those lines.

I'm betting the guy next to him is either Negi's son or grandson because they look a lot alike. Heck Maybe Negi himself and that he faked his death because of trouble that could arise due to him possibly being immortal. They did say he could age for a certain time and then just stop.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:02   Link #82
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
supposedly he is but there are apparently loopholes or something along those lines.

I'm betting the guy next to him is either Negi's son or grandson because they look a lot alike. Heck Maybe Negi himself and that he faked his death because of trouble that could arise due to him possibly being immortal. They did say he could age for a certain time and then just stop.
But then if this is really timeline with Asuna sealed, why would Eva lie to her and tell her Negi died. If he survived why not just tell Asuna when she woke up? I'm expecting Negi to be dead now or if currently it is a lie then for him to die sometime before Asuna awaking.

But then there is many ways for Ken to take this. And well if Negi is indeed alive this is probably something we will only be told many chapters in the future.
Old 2013-08-25, 15:15   Link #83
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I knew fans can be illogical, but the sheer level shown in this thread makes my faith become even lower.
I agree, although I suspect it might be because of wholly different reasons...
Old 2013-08-25, 15:32   Link #84
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
But then if this is really timeline with Asuna sealed, why would Eva lie to her and tell her Negi died. If he survived why not just tell Asuna when she woke up? I'm expecting Negi to be dead now or if currently it is a lie then for him to die sometime before Asuna awaking.

But then there is many ways for Ken to take this. And well if Negi is indeed alive this is probably something we will only be told many chapters in the future.
maybe eva assumed negi died due to some certain circumstances that were not shown. But in actuality he is still alive, like his father.
bloodyclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 15:53   Link #85
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Spoiler for Well...:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-25, 15:59   Link #86
Amigal
mm... sounds tasty...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Amigal
Well this manga seems promising

And let's hope that J. Rakan appears and is even more broken lol
Old 2013-08-25, 16:22   Link #87
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Has anyone said that they will pick this project up?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 17:22   Link #88
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler:
I'd say that HQ Holderwill end up being to Negima! what Star Trek: Deep Space 9 ended up being to Star Trek: The Next Generation -- some crossover elements/characters, but mostly standing on its own.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 17:29   Link #89
bludvein

I was mostly hoping for Negi to show up as a side character to give him some real resolution instead of what we got in Negima, rather than any real desire to see him play a major part in his new series. That would go a long way towards cooling down the fans that were completely pissed off with the ending of Negima.

Whatever, ill wait til we actually get some chapters rather than vague spoilers.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 18:40   Link #90
Dargor
Welp

Well that killed any enthusiasim I may have had. I have a disdain for alternate timelines/other convuluted nonsense as is, and having the characters I actually like not appearing in any meaningful capacity is the final nail in the coffin for me.

...not that I won't follow it mind you. It will have to really surprise me if I'm ever to purchase it however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I'd say that HQ Holderwill end up being to Negima! what Star Trek: Deep Space 9 ended up being to Star Trek: The Next Generation -- some crossover elements/characters, but mostly standing on its own.
That'd be fine and dandy if the events (if the description means anything) of this series weren't directly caused by the previous protagonists.

Last edited by Dargor; 2013-08-25 at 19:02.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 01:17   Link #91
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I'm sure this will be about Eva and her reverse harem!

Jokes aside, i liked both shounen and harem parts from Negima. I do trust Akamatsu in making an interesting story, but we will see.
I'd read it.

Anyway I think the current setup makes sense, the Negima cast had reached a really unwieldy size, Negi had been firmly set up to graduate from individual heroics and become a leader, and Evangeline was always the most transportable character due to her relatively well-developed, non-Negi-centric personality and general self-claimed outsider status.

Honestly the only other Negima characters I would have been vaguely interested in seeing in a spinoff like this would be Chao or Yue. They're the only ones who feel like they had enough to them to sustain a major part in a different story well.
Old 2013-08-26, 04:38   Link #92
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Heck Maybe Negi himself and that he faked his death because of trouble that could arise due to him possibly being immortal. They did say he could age for a certain time and then just stop.
I'd imagine that he didn't want people to get scared of him and thus creating an unnecessary conflict to his plan.

Quote:
Anyway I think the current setup makes sense, the Negima cast had reached a really unwieldy size,
Pretty much.. the MW arc had made the entire plot to move on from highschool hijinks to world-scale conflict

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 10:35   Link #93
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Dem images. Dat Eva.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, looks like pics of the chapter are coming out already.

Spoiler for Chapter:

Spoiler for Tota you lucky SOB:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-08-26 at 10:55.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 10:57   Link #94
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Raw is out already, btw.
Old 2013-08-26, 10:57   Link #95
bones

Negi, Asuna and Ayaka are missing from the third picture, Ayaka is sill alive so that leaves Asuna and Negi who is supposed to be dead.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 11:03   Link #96
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Some pics:
Spoiler for ch.01 raw:
Old 2013-08-26, 11:08   Link #97
Sumeragi
Banned

Eva is really like a cougar.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 11:08   Link #98
mechdra

It is interesting that Eva did treasure her friendship and the time she spnd with her classmates. That friendship did change her I guess.

On the oher hand, she is still a shotacon. Makes me wonder, is Touta related to the Springfield family since Eva only interested in Springfield.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 11:11   Link #99
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The art hasn't changed much from the late Negima style, though some faces aren't as sharp (i.e. they feel slightly rounder this time) as I once remembered them. Otherwise combat scenes and such are still what you'd expect of Akamatsu.

Edit: added two more screenshots to previous posts, might add some more if necessary.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-08-26 at 12:09.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 11:20   Link #100
Shadow5YA

So uh... is the main character supposed to be Touta or Eva?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love