AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-11-23, 20:03   Link #1
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Need Anime

Hey guys been out for a long time been busy with new work, only have time for very little anime. Any new or probably older anime series suggested to watch I missed? So that I can watch since it's pretty much the holidays got a week off. Thanks

Old 2016-11-26, 17:50   Link #2
kitten320

Well that kinda depends on genre you are after... there is a share of sport series out this year.
Old 2016-11-27, 02:21   Link #3
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well that kinda depends on genre you are after... there is a share of sport series out this year.
Seconding this.

May sports anime become great again! #RoadToTokyoOlympics2020
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 01:33   Link #4
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'll take Keijo over Yuri on Ice any day. XD

More on fanservice, slice of life and action
Old 2016-11-28, 02:58   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
From series that aired during the past three seasons ...

If you like SLICE OF LIFE stuff:

Udon no Kuni and Fune wo Amu from this season are both quite good.

From the Summer season you might try Amanchu!, New Game, Kono Bujitsubu, and the short Honobono Log.

From Spring you could try Flying Witch and Shounen Maid.

For ACTION material there are fewer recommendations from me, but they are some at least:

From Summer: Mob Psycho 100!

From Spring: Ushio to Tora and Concrete Revolutio. These were both the second half of split cour series ... Ushio to Tora is much more pure "action", and while Concrete Revolutio had a good dose of action it was also brilliant, but it requires quite a bit of investment from the viewer AND is not everyone's cup of tea.

A few series I did not complete but which were very good by many people's estimation you might try are: 91 Days (a gangster'ish SoL and action combination), Tanaka-kun is Listless (SoL humor of a rather quirky sort) and Boku no Hero Academia (superhero action).
Old 2016-11-28, 10:32   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

2016 shows

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi ("ERASED") - man goes back in time to inhabit his ten-year-old self in an effort to prevent the murder of one of his classmates

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - fluffy but well-produced romance between a prince and a commoner

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - traditional Japanese comic storytellers

Joker Game - Japanese spies in the pre-WWII period

Flying Witch - laid-back slice of life about a young witch who goes to live with relatives

Kuromukuro - decent teens-in-mecha-fight-aliens story; only on Netflix

Amaama to Inazuma - single dad makes delicious meals for his pre-school daughter and a high-school girl; not as good as Usagi Drop, though

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin - military-themed story about a young squad of soldiers; strong non-romantic pairing between the leads

Arslan Senki - prince tries to regain his throne; first season is better than the 2016 sequel

Time Travel Shoujo: Mari Waka to 8-nin no Kagakusha-tachi - A girl travels through time and meets famous scientists and inventors. I liked this show probably more than I "should" have.

Hibike Euphonium - slice-of-life story about girls in a high-school concert band

Flip Flappers - terrifically animated story about two girls (or maybe two halves of the same girl?) who travel together through "Pure Illusion"
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote