Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-03-26, 08:10   Link #1
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

The Kindaichi Case FIles

wow, i recently bought 2 volumes of this manga and i love it

@_@

i find myself being sucked in as i read it and when it nears an end i'm anxious to see who it is and if my thoughts were anywhere close to the actual murder o.o;

if you like mystery/crime manga i suggest you get this, it has the KYOJI SEAL OF GREATNESS

here, i pinched this bit of info from the tokyopop site

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyopop
Hajime Kindaichi is a teenaged crime solver who's part Sherlock Holmes, part Encyclopedia Brown, part Scooby Doo.

Originally published in Japan's Weekly Shounen Magazine as Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, this popular long-running manga has spawned an anime TV series, as well as several animated feature-length films.

In their original tankoubon (graphic novel) form, as published by Kodansha in Japan, the individual Kindaichi 'cases' often spanned several volumes; TOKYOPOP® will present each volume of Kindaichi as a self-contained 'case' which will begin and end in the same book. 'Cases' are not necessarily related to previous narratives - so, our books can be read in any order.

Kindaichi (frequently with best-bud, Miyuki) travels to various places where a murder has taken place, typically involving ghosts, curses, myths and folklore of significant events from the distant past, and solves the mystery using ingenious deductions of curious clues and his cool magic.
by the way, that's magic as in tricks and stuff, not any crazy powers or anything
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 16:31   Link #2
eLstar
(^_^)v

I've read about this. Cool indeed. I might pick up some volumes as well.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-13, 13:18   Link #3
Kunagisa

I'm somewhat sadden by the fact that this series has relatively low popularity outside of Asia. Recently, I've been reading the the new sequel "Alchemy Murder Case"/錬金術殺人事件/"Renkinjutsu Satsujin Jiken" and was wondering if anyone was reading this.

A quick search found that the last post regarding the manga of this is back in 2004 ... <__<.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 05:52   Link #4
daxxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm somewhat sadden by the fact that this series has relatively low popularity outside of Asia. Recently, I've been reading the the new sequel "Alchemy Murder Case"/錬金術殺人事件/"Renkinjutsu Satsujin Jiken" and was wondering if anyone was reading this.

A quick search found that the last post regarding the manga of this is back in 2004 ... <__<.
Wow, a 2010 post. I have been searching for Kindaichi manga since forever, and for the English ones. It was sad that the bigger book stores does even carry the books anymore. Im heartened to see people in 2010 still remember the series. So far I only managed to get the Wax museum murders and the Undying butterflies series.
daxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 20:26   Link #5
Undertaker

Just saw this thread while searching for other keyword.

Anyway this is a godly manga in East Asia and one of my absolute favorite and one of the genre defining manga.

I personally can't wait for the new case next spring.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:42   Link #6
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm a huge fan of the Kindaichi Saga, ( love it more than Conan ), but Kindaichi's most recent... stories has kinda sucked in my opinion.

In my opinion, the story peaked at the Hong Kong Runaway arc.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 14:40   Link #7
Undertaker

I actually love the introduction of Takatoo.

One of the reason for lowering popularity back than was a lack of central story line. Takatoo's introduction sets him up to be Kindaichi's Moriarty.

The only things I have problem is that some of the recent cases (the mid length 8-10 chapter ones) has lost the best part of the series IMO. Which is that you can follow along the clues and guess the perpetrator(s) and their tricks. It use to be that when Kindaichi is explaining things you can go back and find what he was talking about and find the "exact" frames.

The recent mid-length case (2011 one for example) there are a some clues that they don't lay it out as clear as they use to and therefore impossible to figure out until the solving chapters. Like you know the this piece is part of the puzzle but but you can't fit them together. Granted, it's isn't as bad as Conan's shock expression with nothing shown, but it was the best part about the series, at least for me.

So I just that this year is a long case and not just 8-10 chapters case.

BTW, I do like Conan but like you, Kindaichi is just so much better IMO. It's kind of interesting between these two series though.

Conan was created by Shonen Sunday to counter the popularity gained by Kindaichi in JUMP. It's art style and quick pace put it more over with women and kids under 15. Kindaichi then adapt , in part, with a series of short and mid cases that didn't exactly work out to put it back on top. Which leads to Detective Academy Q that had moderate success at best and fans actually craving for the return of Kindaichi which finally leads to it coming back and settles as a yearly event of sort that gave it a second life.
Old 2014-05-03, 11:09   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Takatoo bump.

I just read Takatoo Case Files spin-off... what the hell!?

Spoiler:

Seimaru Amagi, STAHP. Go and do Detective Q spin-off of Cerberus or something, but don't retroactively put a spin on Kindaichi needlessly.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote