AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-04-02, 08:06   Link #21
Seductive_Shanna
Banned

Hurray the official site, I was reading the discussion and they said it was just a huge rumor until well I read it here. xD
Seductive_Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 08:19   Link #22
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This is awesome. I just finished the first series of Shana, and it was great.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 08:23   Link #23
Seductive_Shanna
Banned

Lol I'm 3 ep's from finishing ... I just can't wait until fall..
Seductive_Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 14:41   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have my fingers crossed that they would be giving a more thoroughly explanation about the thing within Yuuji.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 14:58   Link #25
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

!

Oh. My. God. I totally love the Fall anime season~ Gimme!

What's really enjoyable about this is that we're going from milking back into the actual storyline. Most series will just finish, leave it at that, but make a poor effort at keeping the fandom alive with spinoffs and cheesy OVAs. Having a series, especially one of such beauty, returning to its storyline after many not-so-epic spinoffs is such a bold thing to do.

I can only hope the new opening and ending songs are just as lovable. So far, Yoake Umare Kuru Shoujo has remained in my top five Japanese songs since I first heard it.
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 21:26   Link #26
Shiny_Toy_Gun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I have my fingers crossed that they would be giving a more thoroughly explanation about the thing within Yuuji.

Spoiler:
I agree, I wanted to know more about that.
Shiny_Toy_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 22:06   Link #27
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Sooo..... This is real real?

O.o

o.O

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Oh, cannot wait, cannot wait, cannot wait. ^_^

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 01:06   Link #28
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny_Toy_Gun View Post
I agree, I wanted to know more about that.
Gut feeling, a little info on the latest novels (and some accidental reading of Wikipedia) tells me that it's going to be about...
Spoiler:

I remember Sushi-Y mentioning something about it..
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 08:53   Link #29
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Gut feeling, a little info on the latest novels (and some accidental reading of Wikipedia) tells me that it's going to be about...
Spoiler:

I remember Sushi-Y mentioning something about it..
Story behind Reiji should be covered in the up coming season since it is in a large part of the novel.

Spoiler for novel spoilers:

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-04-06 at 09:12. Reason: with more spoiler tags now
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 16:43   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Story behind Reiji should be covered in the up coming season since it is in a large part of the novel.

I really need to avoid clicking on spoiler tags. That last teasing sentence you wrote made chills run up and down my spine. O! M! G! I really wish I hadn't read it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 16:44   Link #31
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai the Dreamer View Post
I can only hope the new opening and ending songs are just as lovable. So far, Yoake Umare Kuru Shoujo has remained in my top five Japanese songs since I first heard it.
I thought the OP1 and ED1 were exquisite (and each with a very different feel). OP2 and ED2... not so much. But I also have high hopes for season 2! The bgm composition was quite good as well, though not up to the standards of, say, Scrapped Princess.

I'm secretly hoping for a filler episode where Shana or Hecate is scouted to become an idol, generating gratuitous character songs =)
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 17:18   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
The bgm composition was quite good as well, though not up to the standards of, say, Scrapped Princess.
Different styles of shows, and different musical composers, so i can't see how you can say one is better then the other when they're none alike. I love Ko Otani's music for Shakugan no Shana, fits the mood perfectly --- and i of course hope that he'll be back again for the second season.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:00   Link #33
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Different styles of shows, and different musical composers, so i can't see how you can say one is better then the other when they're none alike. I love Ko Otani's music for Shakugan no Shana, fits the mood perfectly --- and i of course hope that he'll be back again for the second season.
To me it's a dual question of:

1) How much did the music support the content, both in setting a tone/mood and in increasing the emotional connection/impact?

2) How memorable is the music - can I whistle it, recall a scene from a melody (or vice versa), and enjoy listening to it on its own?

In my opinion, Kou Outani does a good job overall in category 1; and a good job in category 2 for a few tracks, whereas most seemed to have little value outside of the anime (and thus were purely bgm). On the other hand, the (instrumental) soundtracks of Scrapped Princess (Hikaru Nanase), Mai Hime (Yuki Kajiura), and Vampire Princess Miyu (Kenji Kawai) are all excellent in both categories.

So even though it is purely based on personal opinion, it's still an objective comparison scheme. Please don't misunderstand me - I also feel Outani is a good composer, and want him to return in Shana II. I find that about 70% of anime that I like has a garbage soundtrack that I don't even notice (or occasionally, dislike) when I'm watching, and find every track to be either uninteresting or irritating when I listen to the OST. Thus, Outani is one of the few anime soundtrack composers who stand above the crowd, and I look forward to what he'll do next time. But despite having a good soundtrack by a good composer, Shakugan no Shana is not on the shortlist of names I associate with the phrase, "Anime memorable for their instrumental soundtracks".
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 18:04   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ah well, this is where we all fall into our own lil' holes in the floor --- i've enjoyed the OST & three assorted soundtracks from Shakugan no Shana, and find myself enjoying each track whenever i play. Sure there are tracks that stand out compared to the rest, but each one of them is an important piece of music which i find myself enjoying a lot.

Sames goes for his work on Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi, though that leaves you with the feel of SoTC, which is never a bad thing. :3
Old 2007-04-04, 15:08   Link #35
Shana-tan
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy, Romance
I always thought that SnS was Seinen

About Yuuji...

Spoiler:

I hope that would be truth

Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!
Shana-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 06:21   Link #36
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I really need to avoid clicking on spoiler tags. That last teasing sentence you wrote made chills run up and down my spine. O! M! G! I really wish I hadn't read it.
I had this habit myself a while ago. Then I began paying careful attention to the discussion at hand before opening the tags, it really does help you avoid unwanted spoilers.
Sai the Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 09:59   Link #37
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan View Post
Dengeki Bunko; the label which Shakugan no SHANA light novels are published under, aims at teenage males (boys) and above, though this label (Dengeki Bunko) aims more at male otakus, but still its a shounen label (a label for boys).

So yeah, Shakugan no SHANA light novels are shounen light novels.
Old 2007-04-05, 21:52   Link #38
Shiny_Toy_Gun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post

Lol I almost clicked the spoiler *cries* I'm glad I didn't after what someone else said I'd hate for it to be spoiled. I like being curious but I'm not sure I can wait until fall
Shiny_Toy_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 08:24   Link #39
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan View Post

About Yuuji...

Spoiler:

I hope that would be truth

Spoiler for No really bad teasers this time i think:

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-04-06 at 10:11.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 13:17   Link #40
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
灼眼のシャナ II
Shakugan no SHANA II

Official anime site:
http://www.shakugan.com/

A second season based on this shounen light novel

Broadcast: Fall 2007

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy, Romance
I need to clarify, is Shakugan no Shana Seinen or Shounen? I can sense that its Shounen myself, but the wikipedia entry states that it is Seinen.
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural