AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 112 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 22.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 15.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 11.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-03, 13:52   Link #301
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

This chapter showed the Ghosts doing some major shredding. That's all win for me. Extra bonus for Yuma's pwnage

Oh yeah. Stacy, Nike and Keira having the major WTF ?? moments: Priceless.
Old 2011-02-03, 13:54   Link #302
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
This chapter showed the Ghosts doing some major shredding. That's all win for me. Extra bonus for Yuma's pwnage
That was the highlight of this chapter for me.
Old 2011-02-03, 14:29   Link #303
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Oh yeah. Stacy, Nike and Keira having the major WTF ?? moments: Priceless.
Who's Stacy? Do you mean Nike or Anastasia (assuming the later)?

For me the best part of this chapter was that that it wasn't last chapter more seriously I liked everything you mentioned but have gotten curious... is this choice Tabitha has to make the long awaited plot development Tabitha really needs or at least an explanation for her worship of Miria. I've been saying for some time she needs development or to be written out and looks like this is one of the two.
Old 2011-02-03, 14:46   Link #304
Milia_Genei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Who's Stacy? Do you mean Nike or Anastasia (assuming the later)?

For me the best part of this chapter was that that it wasn't last chapter more seriously I liked everything you mentioned but have gotten curious... is this choice Tabitha has to make the long awaited plot development Tabitha really needs or at least an explanation for her worship of Miria. I've been saying for some time she needs development or to be written out and looks like this is one of the two.
"Stacy" means "Anastasia". It's short form. Anastasia was wounded in her stomach in 111 chap, and in 112 she was able to fight.

Tabby is smart one. She will say that everyone must go to factory. I think Ghosts found in that place Miria corpse/or Miria blood. It is Dae's factory. He keeps corpses in his room. He has Priscilla's arm, but he has not her blood. He need borrow blood from Miria, so I think she can be alive still. If he is dead, I think, her corpse is in factory. She is not in organisation!

Chapter 110, page 17 Rimuto/Master Limt says: "Corpses should stay corpses... It is best if they do not move." It suggest a little that Dae is trying to relieve corpses!

What we really fighting for?

Last edited by Milia_Genei; 2011-02-03 at 15:01.
Old 2011-02-03, 14:46   Link #305
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Oh they're going to the half man / youma factory. That's a given.

Yes. Stacy is Anastacia. I like calling her Stacy.
Old 2011-02-03, 14:48   Link #306
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Geez, can't believe this new thread has reached the same number of views even though it started a week ago

Spoiler for offtopic:
Old 2011-02-03, 15:09   Link #307
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

No major devolpments in this chapter either. Well at least there is some direction ... they are either going to the HQ or to the factory. The latter is more interesting but since the choice is Tabby's it could go either way.

The misadventures of the Ghosts don't really interest me all that much, I want huge plot twists and I want the main character(s) (Claire [and Raki?]) to do something or the emergence of a new power/cool character.

But Yagi is taking his time, I guess that's a good quality for an epic but this is a monthy series and the coolest characters have suddenly died or become inactive in the last couple of months so I might even drop Claymore for a while and then start reading once more, the moment this arc is ends so that I can read through all the boring stuff in one go. I read to much manga anywayz...
Old 2011-02-03, 16:20   Link #308
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Got my review up on Mangahelpers. Check it out if you want to.
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67545
Old 2011-02-03, 16:27   Link #309
MalakTawus

@Gooral
Quote:
Why would Miria release her youki from the start if she didn't need to? Even with the twins it was implied by her that she could have killed them easily but knocking them out was a problem and that's what she was trying to do and that's what caused her to leak youki.
I reread the chapter and what you say can't be confirmed AT ALL.
We don't know exactly when Miria began to release her yoki, all we know is that she didn't do it in the very beginning of the fight,but if you listen to what n.10 says she clearly implied that Miria began to use her powers in the middle of the fight so when we see that Miria could have killed the twins SHE WAS PROBABLY ALREADY USING HER YOKI,not at full power but surely enough to be trapped by n.10 technique.
And anyway i could reverse your question easily,if Miria planned to kill everyone on her path she wouldn't have any reason to hold back at all so she probably would have released her yoki a lot sooner than what she did,afterall that wasn't a sneak attack,it was a full front attack,no reason to hold back if you want to kill everyone.

@Cyclone

I see your point,just that i don't think that we should worry about that problem.
I would worry if everyone in the Claymore that plays "hero of justice" always get the best result possible with a pacifist attitude,but we have already seen in this manga that pacifism doesn't always bring great results.......said that i don't think there would be anything wrong if sometimes a more risky pacifist attitude can really obtain the best results,afterall like i've already said,even if that way of fighting is more dangerous the ghosts still have a good chance to make it work since they are A LOT stronger than their opponents (if we don't consider the 3 new monsters that could or couldn't be already ready for battle).
IMO having the pacifist choice always fail is just as bad as having the pacifism choice always succeed,especially since often these pacifism choices have a good probability of success.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-02-03 at 16:44.
Old 2011-02-03, 16:36   Link #310
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
And anyway i could reverse your question easily,if Miria planned to kill everyone on her path she wouldn't have any reason to hold back at all so she probably would have released her yoki a lot sooner than what she did,afterall that wasn't a sneak attack,it was a full front attack,no reason to hold back if you want to kill everyone.
your bringing up a moot point since she did not intend to kill everyone, not sure why you are bringing this up since all she did was knock them out even if she could of killed (the fact that she didn't kill even accidentally is proof that she was deliberately avoiding killing them)
Old 2011-02-03, 16:39   Link #311
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

One thing Yuma has with those spinning sword and sword lance throws: Unless you can hear or see them coming, you won't know they are. There's no yoki attached to a sword.
Old 2011-02-03, 17:03   Link #312
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus
Her stealth was her trump card she did not want to play.
If she would have encountered something unusual she could have simply gone back to the other ghosts and beged them for their help. Miria knew for example about the feeders who are only one example for some unexpected weapon the org could use against her.
The difficulty to disable those very strong twins without killing them finally forced her to use yoki.
Old 2011-02-03, 17:32   Link #313
MalakTawus

Quote:
your bringing up a moot point since she did not intend to kill everyone, not sure why you are bringing this up since all she did was knock them out even if she could of killed (the fact that she didn't kill even accidentally is proof that she was deliberately avoiding killing them)
That's not a moot point at all.People say that Miria wouldn't have released her yoki if she didn't worry to kill the warriors so she wouldn't have been defeated,when in truth there is absolutely no way to prove that Miria wouldn't have used her yoki if she planned to kill everyone (especially since the twins battle wasn't an easy battle at all),so even without her pacifist attitude there is a big chance that she would have used her yoki and be trapped by n.10 technique.

Quote:
Her stealth was her trump card she did not want to play.
So what? That wasn't my point,all i meant is that if she planned to kill everyone in a full front assault she would have absolutely no reason to hold back her powers.
Quote:
The difficulty to disable those very strong twins without killing them finally forced her to use yoki.
And where exactly do you see that Miria could have easily defeated the twins without releasing her yoki????
For all we know it's A LOT more probable that when we see that Miria was in total control of the fight against the twins, SHE WAS ALREADY RELESING HER YOKI,especially since in the beginning of the fight she had some difficulty against the twins.
And why would she hold back in a fight where she has NO REASON to hold back????
If she planned to kill everyone the only valid reason to hold back would be if she wanted to do a sneak attack,but since she opted for a full front attack she wouldn't have even a single reason to hold back her powers.

Anyway my point is very simple: Miria was not defeated 'cause she used a pacifist approach to the battle,she was defeated simply 'cause she went alone.
Old 2011-02-03, 17:40   Link #314
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
"Stacy" means "Anastasia". It's short form.
How on earth do you possibly get "Stacy" from "Anastasia? 0_0.

Stacy is a completely different name; Stacy is Stacy and Anastasia is Anastasia. I would imagine a nickname for the latter would be Ana, Annie, Annia etc etc..

In fact, that's what the woman who suppposedly was the real Anastasia Romanova changed her name to, to disguise herself ("Annie Anderson").

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-02-03 at 20:21.
Old 2011-02-03, 18:33   Link #315
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Going by the Greeks(I'm part) it is the shortened form of Anastasia.

OR...if you take the ia in Anastasia, flip flop it to ai you can insert that into the band Fountains of Wayne, who sang that old song Stacy's Mom.
Old 2011-02-03, 20:04   Link #316
rafael1932
claymores pimp

2 things

1. If phantom step requeres yoki power in order to be used, then we just have to search the picture that shows her doing that. ( the first time)

2. Deneve gave responsibility to thabita because she does not like responsibility ( in others words, she is not a leader). I remember that is not her first time doing this. Her very first time was when we first meet dietrish. She wanted Helen to say to go there and help defeating that awakened in the water. Helen start joking around. Reading all this again shows that she wanted to follow others rather than lead Helen- that’s why Helen was making hard time to deneve

this mean that this wass her 2 time she have done that and we should expect she doing this over and over as long she is a leader ( or pseudoleader).
Old 2011-02-03, 20:32   Link #317
MalakTawus

Quote:
2. Deneve gave responsibility to thabita because she does not like responsibility ( in others words, she is not a leader). I remember that is not her first time doing this. Her very first time was when we first meet dietrish. She wanted Helen to say to go there and help defeating that awakened in the water. Helen start joking around. Reading all this again shows that she wanted to follow others rather than lead Helen- that’s why Helen was making hard time to deneve
Deneve simply wanted an excuse to not disobey Miria's order,it's not that she didn't want to take the lead,she was simply trying to "manipulate" Helen's mind,but Helen knows Deneve too well,lol.
Deneve has taken the leadership a lot of times,and she is still the one to lead the ghosts.
It's really obvious the reason why Deneve is forcing Tab to make this decision,and surely has nothing to do with not wanting to take responsability.
Letting this decision to Tab proves even more how smart Deneve really is and how well she can read people and situations.Deneve is not a good leader,she's a great leader.
Old 2011-02-03, 20:44   Link #318
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Deneve simply wanted an excuse to not disobey Miria's order,it's not that she didn't want to take the lead,she was simply trying to "manipulate" Helen's mind,but Helen knows Deneve too well,lol.
Deneve has taken the leadership a lot of times,and she is still the one to lead the ghosts.
It's really obvious the reason why Deneve is forcing Tab to make this decision,and surely has nothing to do with not wanting to take responsability.
Letting this decision to Tab proves even more how smart Deneve really is and how well she can read people and situations.Deneve is not a good leader,she's a great leader.
Leaders take responsibilities on their actions.

Deneve is not a bitch. She would never manipulated others because she is like a big sister ( undine) and keeps the order inside the group. The way you say is like deneve wants to forgive miria rescue and go to that yoma factory( if you are serious about this manipulation of yours). Only if she was with no heart she would do something like that. she simple has no nerve to leader business. Is not like is a bad thing.

«Deneve has taken the leadership a lot of times,and she is still the one to lead the ghosts.»

did you dream that?
Old 2011-02-04, 00:03   Link #319
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I think cyclone is right here.
It is about being fit for battle not about honour.
And by the way, sparing other claymores contradicts with the main course of their mission:
Protecting the innocent civilians of the island from the youma, ab and the org.
Therefore in order to protect the civilians claymores
have to be sacrificed, i would say.
In the end miria will be their captain ahab who even in death leads his crew to damnation
beckoning to them already dead from the back of the white whale.
A tragic development.
Miria’s choice to spare the other warriors was not a bad thing. All the saving other Claymores and sparing others is why they have allies. Miria’s mistake was that she tried to do it all by herself she couldn’t bare to risk losing more friends and leading them to have to possible kill there comrades. Miria didn’t want to do that.

The others aren’t their enemies the Org is. They have to remember that. Miria probably earned there respect despite the fact that she fought them. Miria wouldn’t be Miria if she could kill them just as the ghosts wouldn’t be the ghosts if they didn’t try to save the others. Also the only way the others will believe them and join them is if the exercise restraint.
Old 2011-02-04, 00:21   Link #320
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
Miria’s choice to spare the other warriors was not a bad thing. All the saving other Claymores and sparing others is why they have allies. Miria’s mistake was that she tried to do it all by herself she couldn’t bare to risk losing more friends and leading them to have to possible kill there comrades. Miria didn’t want to do that.

The others aren’t their enemies the Org is. They have to remember that. Miria probably earned there respect despite the fact that she fought them. Miria wouldn’t be Miria if she could kill them just as the ghosts wouldn’t be the ghosts if they didn’t try to save the others. Also the only way the others will believe them and join them is if the exercise restraint.
the new twins though are not a potential ally due to how much brainwashing that has happened to them. What sort of life would they lead outside the org?