AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-02-07, 03:40   Link #2481
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That girl was sent home to Brittiania. They mention it in the second season. She couldn't have been killed at Pendragon because it's a palace and she's not royalty.

What actually happened to her is that they locked her up, assuming she was crazy because she was compelled to make that mark every day even though she was across the ocean.
Old 2011-02-07, 05:20   Link #2482
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
What actually happened to her is that they locked her up, assuming she was crazy because she was compelled to make that mark every day even though she was across the ocean.
Is this actually documented somewhere? Because if so........goddamn Sunrise.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 19:09   Link #2483
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Is this actually documented somewhere? Because if so........goddamn Sunrise.
It's from some magazine or another a while back.
Old 2011-02-07, 22:03   Link #2484
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Okay, I was curious because I thought it was said that the death toll from Schneizel using the FLEIJA on Pendragon was like 30 million, so I figured everyone was there or something.

And yes, it did happen. Remember Schneizel's whole "let's nuke a few billion people in the name of world peace" speech to Cornelia?

Let me refresh your memory:

Nunnally: You nuked Pendragon?

Schneizel: Yeah but I evacuated everyone, don't worry.

Nunnally: Oh okay.

Cornelia: Wait, you didn't really evacuate everyone did you?

Schneizel: Nope, and I'm going to nuke the rest of the world to make the survivors live in fear of me! I got the idea from Gundam 00.

Cornelia: Aw hell naw! (attacks)

Schneizel: (shoots her) lolno
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 00:32   Link #2485
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

There's no stated death toll, but it couldn't have been that big. He bombed a palace in the middle of the desert. Taking into account support staff and such, he couldn't have killed more than a thousand people at most, and that's a very generous allowance.
Old 2011-02-09, 13:35   Link #2486
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Okay, I was curious because I thought it was said that the death toll from Schneizel using the FLEIJA on Pendragon was like 30 million, so I figured everyone was there or something.
The only listed death toll was from Suzaku destroying Tokyo, though it was indeed 30 million as you said.

As for the girl being in Pendragon, it is plausible, but not likely as Britannia's mainland comprised two continents, giving her ample possible locations to live that wouldn't be caught in the blast radius.

@morbosfist: I'm not so sure about there being a low body count. Cecile mentioned that the Pendragon blast diameter was about 100 miles, which would suggest -but not guarantee- that there was indeed a lot of city Schneizel wanted to hit. As well, I don't recall any information regarding Pendragon's layout in terms of population, but if it is anything like Washington D.C. then, according to wikipedia, there would be well over half a million people living well inside the blast range at least. In truth, I vaguely recall some images of the city prior to its destruction looking like it might have been surrounded by settlement plates, similar to Tokyo, suggesting an even more dense population.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 14:54   Link #2487
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

There's way too much desert around the area for it to be much more populated than, say, Vegas. Even accounting for the blast radius, just look at the area when the Rounds attack it. It can't be that big. Schneizel most likely did that to show he could.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:17   Link #2488
Betteroffer

I managed to Google an image of Pendragon from the series ("code geass pendragon") and it does have Tokyo style settlement plates, complete with buildings rising between the cracks.

Even assuming it was only as populated as Vegas, that's still more than half a million people that would be killed.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 20:16   Link #2489
josebm

quick question, just finished watching ep 25 s1, startted watching ep1 s2 but it doesnt pick up right where ep 25 of s1 left, is there a movie or something that bridges s1 with s2?
josebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 23:37   Link #2490
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebm View Post
quick question, just finished watching ep 25 s1, startted watching ep1 s2 but it doesnt pick up right where ep 25 of s1 left, is there a movie or something that bridges s1 with s2?
Nope, no movie or in between material.

It's just a really lame transition from the first season to the second. You'll see more stuff about what happend immediately after episode 25 of season 1 in future episodes.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 07:45   Link #2491
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Something else that's always bothered me...

Why does Senba have a clitoris on his forehead?
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 15:41   Link #2492
Altair2223
Hayabusa Black Fire Pilot

is there going to be R3?or thet gaiden that was announced?
Altair2223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 17:33   Link #2493
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

No, but there is going to be a side story (gaiden) called Ruined Land of Akito it should be out in the Summer or Fall since they are already done with everything and all thats left is to actually do it.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 17:34   Link #2494
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair2223 View Post
is there going to be R3?or thet gaiden that was announced?
No, no R3. The side story is on it's way though but we don't know when it'll be released. The side story is set on the European front during 2017 a.t.b. which means it runs parallel to the first season. We also know it's featuring an all new cast.
Old 2011-03-28, 03:50   Link #2495
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebm View Post
The original version for Season 2 was to have picked up immediately from where season one left off. However, the story was fast forward one year after that incident. The story was rewritten due to change in the shows' original late night schedule: from midnight to the weekend evening lineup. Thus, the writers had to adjust the story to fit the new audience who have not seen the first season of Code Geass. If you have the chance to watch the entire second season, compare it with the scenes from the first season. You might be very surprised!
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 04:29   Link #2496
fuff

is there going to be a season 3? i remember a while back ann said something about a new code geass project? was the referring to the new manga that came out or is there an anime in the works??

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aunch-revealed
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 05:20   Link #2497
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
is there going to be a season 3?
Since the same question has been asked two times in a row in this thread I'll just quote the answer from above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
No, no R3. The side story is on it's way though but we don't know when it'll be released. The side story is set on the European front during 2017 a.t.b. which means it runs parallel to the first season. We also know it's featuring an all new cast.
Old 2011-04-19, 00:17   Link #2498
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
The side story will run parallel alongside Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebelion until it intercepts with the original version of Code Geass R2, if the new show gets a Second Season.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 09:31   Link #2499
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hope I don't enter wrong subforum..... forgive me if it's wrong

Spoiler for confirmation:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 09:45   Link #2500
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's fake. A decent fake, to be sure, but fake.

Tags
q&a