AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-27, 07:34   Link #1861
Chris38

^

While, that would be pretty hilarious, so far ... Albion and Ddraig don't strike me as being perverted dragons, not to mention that, I think that, the author has too much fun, in making Ddraig and Albion a Butt monkey, due to the nickname's that their current hosts have given them, to actually get rid of this gag - which, would occur if the reason for Albion's and Ddraig's fight would be the thing that you mentioned.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:02   Link #1862
Always86

Agreed, but I don't think it would be revealed till the end. The final fight between Ise and Vali to answer the ultimate question

Spoiler for Draig Vs Albion:
Old 2013-09-27, 10:03   Link #1863
DrakeKnight

Well his theory does have some support like how almost all of Ddraig's past host are boob people and the one Albion past we seen so far was a butt man.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:53   Link #1864
Chris38

Maybe, we will see, how it goes, when we finally get some evidence that we are getting closer to the final fight between Vali and Ise, which in my opinion is still pretty far away from us, since I don't think that Ise is anywhere close to gaining full control over his potential powers.
Old 2013-09-27, 11:06   Link #1865
nacer666

I wonder what will become of Ise if some vampire bites him.Will he transform or no effect?
Old 2013-09-27, 11:15   Link #1866
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
I wonder what will become of Ise if some vampire bites him.Will he transform or no effect?
It probably depends on what myths the author is using when it comes to the vampire race, but in my opinion something like a vampire's bite would have no effect on Ise, because he is already a Devil that has been resurrected from a humanoid dragon.

Basically, I don't think that a vampire transformation would work on someone who already isn't human.
Old 2013-09-27, 11:24   Link #1867
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Basically, I don't think that a vampire transformation would work on someone who already isn't human.
I'd agree with this. That's assuming, of course, that a bite can turn people in this universe rather than just making them a meal. Only instances we know of for vampires so far are natural-born.
Old 2013-09-27, 11:30   Link #1868
Kutra

^ That's not true.

Spoiler for Volume 15 - Episode Azazel.1:
Old 2013-09-27, 12:42   Link #1869
Always86

I don't expect the vampire bite will be something to be feared from a transformation point of view, ,ain't because I can't see him adding another vampire to the group That said it might create a bit of peril if someone in the group is bitten then Gasper has to turn them to save them.

Though I don't think it's likely, maybe someone from the Sitri group could be turned?

I don't think the fact that our heroes are devils would be a reason to say transformation wouldn't work, since we know the half vampire Gasper could become a devil, so why not the other way around?
Old 2013-09-27, 13:06   Link #1870
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always86 View Post
I don't expect the vampire bite will be something to be feared from a transformation point of view, ,ain't because I can't see him adding another vampire to the group That said it might create a bit of peril if someone in the group is bitten then Gasper has to turn them to save them.

Though I don't think it's likely, maybe someone from the Sitri group could be turned?

I don't think the fact that our heroes are devils would be a reason to say transformation wouldn't work, since we know the half vampire Gasper could become a devil, so why not the other way around?
Gasper was capable of being turned into a Devil, because he was still half human and the Evil Pieces are capable of reincarnating a partial human into a Devil.

Not to mention, he was born in that way ... while the vampire transformation isn't something natural.

The reincarnated Devils don't have a lot relation with their human or other race origins anymore, which is the reason why I doubt that a vampire transformation would work on them.

Since, I also doubt that they would survive if the Evil Pieces would be removed from their bodies, and that is the only way to make their bodies return to their previous form ... and there isn't anything stating, that vampires are capable of transforming someone else then a human into their race ... nor do I think that any vampire would try something like that, considering their attitude's toward other races.

Before you say it, Ise's situation has been a little special, and I don't think that a normal, more ordinary Devil would be capable of doing something similar to the stunt that Ise pulled to survive his second "death".

Regarding some vampires joining the group, I could see Valerie becoming a member, after she is rescued by Gasper or someone else, during the events of volume 16 ... but, since she is a dhampir as well, she wouldn't be, technically speaking, a true vampire.

Finally, even if a vampire transformation would work on them (which, I doubt), I don't think that any of the characters are going to be actually transformed into vampires in this series.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a slightly different topic, recently I started wondering if Ise, after his current body stabilizes, won't start also having dragon wings in his usual form, and the number of wings that he has in his Balance Breaker mode would also increase.

After all, from what I remember, having dragon wings is something unique to Ise, since I don't remember Vali having them - and he had access to Juggernaut Drive a lot sooner then Ise did.

I also think that something like that would fit with the origins of Ise's current body.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-09-28 at 05:24.
Old 2013-10-01, 18:30   Link #1871
Tbolt

Reading the posts about the vampires go me to thinking, so I reread Volume 15 the Ise chapters and by the comments from Sona in these chapters somethings up. I think Sona and the Sitri-group will be going to Romania with Ise and the gang, along with Joker and slash-dog. If that happens the vampires will be on the endangered species list.
Old 2013-10-01, 19:57   Link #1872
Always86

^^ Possible spoilers from volume 14/15 ahead.

I think that's likely, but I can't imagine them going because the Vampires attack any of the party who went to Romania. For a start if anything serious happens to Rias, Sirzech would get involved, same probably goes for Kiba, (or at least his master might appear). And Azazel would be a silly target due him being the defacto boss of the fallen angels.

That said from the little we know about Vampires in DxD they are pretty powerful, even discounting Gaspers potential strength (he's a bit imbalanced sacred gear plus vampire abilities plus devil abilities = OP). The very fact that the vampires appearing now means some of them must be at least as powerful as the hero faction since we know how DxD works. powerful enemy appears, they fight and seem impossibly strong Ise levels up and wins.

Of course this cycle isn't unique to DxD and in my opinion the level up has always been done in a fun way with decernable differences in ability. Which isn't always the case.

Anyway back to point. Even if they all go to Romania to fight you'd have to expect the boss level Vampires to be stronger than anything we've seen before.

I wonder if they won't fight the vampires but instead it's more like the school trip where they help fix a situation while the new enemy faction get involved.
Old 2013-10-01, 20:33   Link #1873
Chris38

Personally, I don't think that vampires are going to be the only enemy, in volume 16, since judging from the preview the Khaos Brigade is somehow going to be involved in this situation.

And I think that vampires + Khaos Brigade are going to have more then enough power to be a quite deadly opponent, even after the power ups that the Gremory group has taken.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:05   Link #1874
n0m@n
C-Z

Hoping it would turn out into an epic volume with epic battles. The last time we had a serious epic battle was volume 12(Though I consider Ise vs Sairaorg the best). Volume 13, and 15 was short story compilation and volume 14 ended the battle similarly like in volume 9. So I'm craving for some epic battle. And Im hoping it will be around 400 pages. Though judging from the price it will be around 330 pages....
Old 2013-10-01, 21:38   Link #1875
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Hmm, 330 pages? seems that would be freaking good volume!!!
damn, i cant wait now!! but i must be patient till October 19!!!
I hope we will good story!
Old 2013-10-02, 08:42   Link #1876
Tbolt

Well we know part of Volume16 will be about the training with Joker and Slash dog, and we may see some joint training between Rias's and Sona's group. And while the pure blood vampires may be strong there arrogance as we have seen will lead them into totally discounting Ise and everyone's true powers and ability.
Old 2013-10-02, 09:22   Link #1877
Chris38

Well, some part of the training might be mentioned, but I doubt that it will be something pretty explicit.

The author will probably just mention what have been the general results of the training, and maybe make some funny scene with Saji thinking that he has went through hell, or something similar to that.

The reason why I think so, is because of this fragment of the afterword of volume 15:

Quote:
And also, Joker Dulio and Slash Dog Ikuse Tobio finally met with Ise. Tobio Ikuse also happens to be the main character of my previous work, “SLASH/DOG”. Be rest assured since there won’t be a problem even if you didn’t read the previous series. That was a service to the very few people that was my fan since back then. They will be working behind the scene, planned to support Ise and others.
Regarding the vampires I agree that they made a mistake in ignoring Ise's capabilities, which will ... most likely lead to their downfall.
Old 2013-10-02, 09:32   Link #1878
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I wonder who will be strong vali or that lucifer and I agreed with you with that as saying goes don't judge a book by its cover wait patiently for vol 16 :3
Old 2013-10-02, 12:11   Link #1879
Tbolt

Since such a big deal was made about the training in Issei 5, I think the training will get atleast a chapter in V16, and that would give the perfect backdrop for the 911 call from Rias.
Old 2013-10-02, 15:06   Link #1880
Tbolt

Volume 16 cover picture is out.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life