AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-04, 22:23   Link #21
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I entered. In my sisters name too. ~_^ Nanoha is getting licensed by them.

Woah, Geneon is really gonna get some buisness from me. Rozen Maiden AND Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Had they licensed Shuffle! I would have died but two out of three of my favorite anime series' is okay.

The Graphic Novel Games should NOT be released in english. We don't need those kind of fans. Kidding, Kidding.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2007-03-04, 22:26   Link #22
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Yeah, it's all but confirmed now. Just waiting for the official announcement to drop, but that DOES mean that all the trackers will die in about two to twelve hours. If you want to get some last minute Higurashi downloads in, people, do it now.

And FireChick... parents... sigh. Let a surprise come to your door, eh? Your mailing address should just be the address of your house or your aparetment building.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
I entered. In my sisters name too. ~_^ Nanoha is getting licensed by them.

Woah, Geneon is really gonna get some buisness from me. Rozen Maiden AND Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
Higurashi, Nanoha and possibly Rozen Maiden are all series I have an eye on. Combined with their excellent Hellsing work, Geneon is pretty quickly becoming my favorite English dub house. Their work is great and their taste in series superb. And they only seem to have gotten better since their old parent company, Pioneer, let them go.

Quote:
The Graphic Novel Games should NOT be released in english. We don't need those kind of fans. Kidding, Kidding.
Are you insinuating something, missy?

( )
Old 2007-03-04, 22:28   Link #23
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Last minute downloads. XDD

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2007-03-04, 23:59   Link #24
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Wait. What the hell is this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/cont...e-2/sixthgrade

Either that's a red herring... or they've changed the title completely. What on earth? A three-letter word, a five-letter word, and a three-letter word?

Oh god Geneon don't disappoint me now.

(Oddly enough, "When They Cry" fits the number of LETTERS, but the spacing is off. I'm hoping it's just an error on ANN's part.)
Old 2007-03-05, 02:10   Link #25
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
Wait. What the hell is this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/cont...e-2/sixthgrade

Either that's a red herring... or they've changed the title completely. What on earth? A three-letter word, a five-letter word, and a three-letter word?

Oh god Geneon don't disappoint me now.

(Oddly enough, "When They Cry" fits the number of LETTERS, but the spacing is off. I'm hoping it's just an error on ANN's part.)
Yeah, I think ANN just made a mistake.
Old 2007-03-05, 05:36   Link #26
Gains
Rain lover

They might put a radical name change to "The Lolis Cry"

"When They Cry" would be my choice though.
Old 2007-03-05, 08:55   Link #27
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains View Post
They might put a radical name change to "The Lolis Cry"

"When They Cry" would be my choice though.
"When" and "They" are four letters, though. The first word is going to be three letters, and the second is five.

The Night Cry, maybe?

Or this? Anybody have any idea what title HitokoriShadow and setsuna are referring to?

It couldn't be The Human Cry, since that doesn't say anything about moments or nights or whatever...

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-03-05 at 10:05.
Old 2007-03-05, 10:22   Link #28
MarthX

New clue.

To think there's still 3 clues left.
Old 2007-03-05, 12:38   Link #29
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Yeah, I think any fan of the show should have worked it out now.

But even though it's been used before, I don't like "When they cry" as a title... if only they would keep the Japanese name...
Old 2007-03-05, 12:48   Link #30
chrno_the_sinner

I entered within 3 minutes of the contest. Unfortunately, Canadians aren't eligible, which sucks.

I'm extatic for this license though. I hope that the OVA and the TIPS that came on the Japanese DVDs make it over as well.

As for DVD count, Geneon usually does 4/4/4/4/3/3/3, but for this I really hope for a 6 disc release 4/4/5/4/4/5 since that'll leave completed Watanagashi, Onikakushi, and Tatarigoroshi, and almost complete Tsumihoroboshi. Ideally though, I'd love for each chapter to have it's own DVD, but that's completely unlikely.
Old 2007-03-05, 14:30   Link #31
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The clue on ANN now says : "English Title: 4/4/3"
"When They Cry" fits perfectly. This has always been my pick for the English title, as it's somewhat official already and in the spirirt of the original. Obviously, the raw Japanese title is always better, but I doubt many people who'd never seen Higurashi would pick up something they can't even pronounce the name of.
Old 2007-03-05, 16:12   Link #32
chrno_the_sinner

New Clue

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _

Looks like they're going with Koroni instead of Koro Ni. I'd say the latter is the better one. After all, the Ni is a particle.

Last edited by xris; 2007-03-05 at 16:19. Reason: Added some spaces as it might help
Old 2007-03-05, 19:02   Link #33
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Hopefully that means they'll be keeping the Japanese name for the title. From memory, Geneon usually do that anyway. But that's good, since I'm not sure there's an apt translation for the title that will make all the fans happy.
Old 2007-03-05, 23:47   Link #34
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

You'll never make everyone happy no matter what

I'd prefer the English title be used, as people always look at me funny when I tell them about 'Higurashinonakukoroni'' and almost immediately tilt their head to the side and ask me what that means.
The killer lolis are definitely a market point, but the spotty animation (which DEEN never bothered to fix on the DVD's, I'm told) may deter some. An easily remembered English title would really help the series out, and 'When They Cry' is actually an official title used by 07th Expansion, so it should fly well with most of the people who are already fans.
Old 2007-03-06, 00:06   Link #35
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Aaaand here we go.

Quote:
Geneon to Release When They Cry - Higurashi
Geneon Entertainment will release When They Cry - Higurashi on June 5; there will be a regular edition and a limited edition with box release. The 26-episode series was originally known as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni when it was released in Japan, however the creators have always referred to it as "When they Cry" in English. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 2 is set to be released in Japan this April.
Sauce.

Remember folks, as of right now the trackers are meant to be dead. If you want When They Cry goodness you'll have to chill until June (which isn't too far off, mind you!)

Man, who would have thought this series would actually make it to the U.S.? Ryukishi07 has to be dancing on air at this point, and I'm a bit curious as to what our resident Japanese posters/Higurashi fans think about this development.
Old 2007-03-06, 00:25   Link #36
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Well, it was kinda expected they use the English name, but eh, I wouldn't mind if they did keep it. I mean, we need the red na! Hopefully the English title will have something red. I'm guessing this LE box will be like Geneon's other releases, or maybe have some goodies inside.

Ooh, wait, Higurashi 2 is in April?! :O
Old 2007-03-06, 00:36   Link #37
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
Aaaand here we go.

Sauce.

Remember folks, as of right now the trackers are meant to be dead. If you want When They Cry goodness you'll have to chill until June (which isn't too far off, mind you!)

Man, who would have thought this series would actually make it to the U.S.? Ryukishi07 has to be dancing on air at this point, and I'm a bit curious as to what our resident Japanese posters/Higurashi fans think about this development.
I'm happy as long as it gets a good dub; More people will get to experience the awesomeness of Higurashi.
Old 2007-03-06, 00:44   Link #38
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBnoYouko View Post
Well, it was kinda expected they use the English name, but eh, I wouldn't mind if they did keep it. I mean, we need the red na!
English equivalent would be "When They Cry," which I like.

And yes, let us all petition Oyashiro-sama for a good dub
Old 2007-03-06, 00:49   Link #39
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBnoYouko View Post
Well, it was kinda expected they use the English name, but eh, I wouldn't mind if they did keep it. I mean, we need the red na! Hopefully the English title will have something red. I'm guessing this LE box will be like Geneon's other releases, or maybe have some goodies inside.

Ooh, wait, Higurashi 2 is in April?! :O
From what it looks like though, Season 2 is not licensed.
Old 2007-03-06, 00:54   Link #40
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

How do you draw that conclusion?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread