AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-01-06, 08:49   Link #141
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Thanks But I Thought Every Character Have Her Own Thread..
We don't create separate character discussion threads every time, only if there seems to be a need. Judging by the discussion in the existing Code Geass Character Discussion thread I would say there doesn't seem to be the need to have multiple threads. In practice it seems more of the harem type shows that require separate threads.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 09:00   Link #142
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Thanks ...Xris...
It Just in Idea ...That Is it..
Old 2008-02-14, 18:09   Link #143
Vonmalvarius

I learned that Code Geass is very different when you compare the TV broadcast and the DVD, is there a thread to learn what exactly is theses differences?
Vonmalvarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 05:09   Link #144
NightShade
Above and Beyond Fan

Send a message via MSN to NightShade
How about a AMV topic for Code Geass like in Gundam forum?
NightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 11:44   Link #145
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Would an archive thread for information be useful?
Only for information, strictly no discussion. Just to keep the official news/ spoilers/ magazine scans/ translations in one place easy to find, instead of buried in... *looks at 250 pages of Spoiler thread*

It's because the threads are going rather fast recently. S&S and Spring thread can have like 2 or 3 pages of discussion in a day. For people not visiting on a daily basis, it's hard to find information, resulting in 1) can't keep up with discussion, or 2) keeps posting old news over and over.

This month's magazine leaks will be out in about 2 days. And the premiere of first episode (which will give text-only spoilers) is in 10 days. I bet the two most active threads would move even faster.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 18:49   Link #146
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Would an archive thread for information be useful?
Only for information, strictly no discussion. Just to keep the official news/ spoilers/ magazine scans/ translations in one place easy to find, instead of buried in... *looks at 250 pages of Spoiler thread*

It's because the threads are going rather fast recently. S&S and Spring thread can have like 2 or 3 pages of discussion in a day. For people not visiting on a daily basis, it's hard to find information, resulting in 1) can't keep up with discussion, or 2) keeps posting old news over and over.

This month's magazine leaks will be out in about 2 days. And the premiere of first episode (which will give text-only spoilers) is in 10 days. I bet the two most active threads would move even faster.
It's rather hard to get something like that working without one of the mods taking the time to do it themselves, isn't it? people like to discuss things, and like you said this is a fairly fast moving forum.

Then again, all it would take is one well organized, occasionally updated opening post that linked to all the information spread throughout this forum... (though it'd probably be good to come to some sort of consensus on what topics to cover and what counts as pertinent information)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 18:53   Link #147
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Doesn't the first post of the Season 2 thread have a lot of the info about season 2 in it?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 19:06   Link #148
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Doesn't the first post of the Season 2 thread have a lot of the info about season 2 in it?
to be blunt, the organization could be improved (like adding spoiler tags for length), and it's not updated enough to stop newer info from being repeated in the thread (well, not as a big a deal), and there's lots of things that aren't covered. (like information about the extra materials, magazine stuff like Lulu and Suza 50 questions, blah blah blah)

That and it is a little shameless to just copy and paste (without crediting) what the gamefaqs guys did for their s2 spoiler list. >_> But whatever. Main point is having a more encompassing better organized post/tpoic that brought together some of the information that is strewn across this forum might be useful. Problem is if it's done wrong, it wouldn't improve upon or might even be less useful than the first post of the Spring thread.

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-03-05 at 19:31.
Old 2008-03-05, 23:47   Link #149
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
That's more like a list of spoliers and gossips. The amount of information is scarce. The KoR, the Chinese guys, the world setting, the trailers... these are not covered. (And the info on premiere is shinanigans.) It's hard for one person to keep up.

2ch has a archive thread where people post FO&FY spoilers, magazine interviews, Sound Episode script, novel spoilers, credits, character bio, and stuff like that. But all discussion stay in their original threads (spoiler, general, character, novel, manga, figure). In fact, the info appears in those threads first, then someone c/p it to the archive thread. In the archive thread, any post that's not providing correct information gets deleted. The thread is still well organized after more than a year.

That's what I have in mind. Discussion still stays in S&S, Spring, Image, Mech, Merchandise thread. But make an archive thread to collect info from those threads. And non-information post gets deleted, like how some posts get deleted in romance thread. That'll keep it organized. It might take a little getting used to, though.

I admit it's half because I recall someone did translate Newtype introduction on China and EU. I want to see which part it was so I don't want to double work. But it'll probably take as much work to find it as to translate it myself. XD
And it makes me wonder how many people would see it if I posted my version.... before it gets buried too.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 14:35   Link #150
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What exactly will become of the Season 2 thread after episode 26 (or should we say 1)? Are we going to keep it around as a place to put new magazine scans and info or would all that move to the Spoiler thread along with any Season 2 spoilers?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-17, 20:03   Link #151
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
What exactly will become of the Season 2 thread after episode 26 (or should we say 1)? Are we going to keep it around as a place to put new magazine scans and info or would all that move to the Spoiler thread along with any Season 2 spoilers?
Change it to the R2 General Discussion thread or the R2 spoilers thread.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 20:14   Link #152
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That could work I suppose. I suppose we could have both threads made, though I don't know what should be made of the one we have now.

Old 2008-03-17, 20:16   Link #153
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
That could work I suppose. I suppose we could have both threads made, though I don't know what should be made of the one we have now.
The precedent for that is the Nanoha subforum. There was a season 3 "anticipation" thread, which was later closed after the series began airing.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 00:20   Link #154
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

I just had an idea that I wanted to discuss, but i'm not sure how far the discussion could go.

What if CC decided that Kallen would be fit for the Geass power instead of Lelouch during the beginning?

Kallen with that Geass, and her same hatred for Britannia, would she have been more violent with the killing? Given that she is not the same mastermind as Lelouch, she might have gone on a worse rampage than Lelouch. O well, i'll eventually find the right thread to bring up this idea.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:36   Link #155
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That sounds like something for the Code Geass Fanfiction thread actually.

Old 2008-03-29, 16:39   Link #156
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
That sounds like something for the Code Geass Fanfiction thread actually.
it isn't a story...
since she is speculating on how it would be if Kallen wa spicked.. i would say spoiler and speculation thread... though there is nothing spoilerish about it..
maybe we just need a general geass topic for such discussion
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 16:41   Link #157
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose you are right. I can't think of a name for a thread like that though. A "What If" thread maybe or is that too vague?

Old 2008-04-02, 01:10   Link #158
Var
Banned

Following a good discussion I had with DJ, I'd like to suggest the opening of a more general Morality thread where things like immortality, mortality, consequence of action, and such can be discussed.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 01:17   Link #159
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Following a good discussion I had with DJ, I'd like to suggest the opening of a more general Morality thread where things like immortality, mortality, consequence of action, and such can be discussed.
philosophy thread?

couldn't we just change the morality one to that? I think we've gotten our answer on the whole ends justifying the means issue.
Old 2008-04-02, 01:23   Link #160
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
philosophy thread?

couldn't we just change the morality one to that? I think we've gotten our answer on the whole ends justifying the means issue.
Yes, philosophy thread. The other thread could have further uses in its narrow scope as S2 changes certain characters.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote