AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 18:32   Link #2521
Aquaman OS

1. There's a list of total people who died in the series in some R2 side book. Lelouch is on that list.

2. Your impression of "God" erasing Charles seems correct. People who just desperately want more Lelouch were pretty much grasping at straws for that one.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 12:56   Link #2522
Fisher

Another question:

Apparently, it was V2 who sent Zero, Suzaku and the others on the Kamine island in episode 19, season 1, to "observe" them.

My first question is, what was the point of this? What does he gain by that? And how did he do it? Magic?

My second question is, in light of this, it seems V2, Charles and the others knew Zero's identity. Charles also says after the massacre of the Japanese "Yes, you are worthy of being called my child/son [depends on the translation] now." and this presumably refers to Lelouch. So why did they not just go after Lelouch to track down and grab C2, which was their primary objective the entire time?

Can I get a link to the interview where the author talks about how he had different plans for R2?
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 20:07   Link #2523
Aquaman OS

1. That seemed to have something to do with Suzaku's Geass connection. That entire plot line was abandoned in R2 (amongst others) so it ended up being irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It did however, allow for other plot points, such as Lelouch and Euphie meeting and her mentioning she knows who he is, and Suzaku learning Kallen was in the Black Knights to happen. But whatever V.V. was doing was never explained, and presumably (assuming he wasn't just screwing around) part of that dropped plot arc. He did it by Geass magic somehow.

2. Charles let Lelouch continue on thinking he had a snowballs chance of somehow beating him, in order to keep him out of his way. He figured C.C. would just come to him when it was time for the Ragnarok, since they had a bargain. I assume the whole "We have to capture C.C." was just a ruse to keep V.V. fooled. Remember V.V. killed Marianne but didn't know Charles knew that, and was under the impression he was still Charles's ally and would be part of their victory, when Charles knew, and was planning on killing V.V. and taking his code in vengence.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 19:46   Link #2524
taichi-kun

It has been a long time since I watched CG.. could someone remind me what is exactly the World of C ?

I can't find It in wiki sorry.

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2013-01-14 at 20:27.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 18:19   Link #2525
Scherzo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
It has been a long time since I watched CG.. could someone remind me what is exactly the World of C ?

World of C is the collective unconscious of all human beings that wills ourselves to exist in the state that we do; collected in what seems to be Jupiter.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 05:51   Link #2526
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
Old 2013-08-05, 06:42   Link #2527
Mcfart

Question: Why didn't Jeremiah cancel out Nunnaly's Geass? I thought that would've happened, as it seems the obvious way to make Nunnally happy. Charles said that he rewrote Nunnally's memory, and that her symptoms were psychological, so WHY did Jerimiah never use his Geass canceller after joining Zero? Such a waste of that unique power, lol.
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 12:29   Link #2528
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
Question: Why didn't Jeremiah cancel out Nunnaly's Geass? I thought that would've happened, as it seems the obvious way to make Nunnally happy. Charles said that he rewrote Nunnally's memory, and that her symptoms were psychological, so WHY did Jerimiah never use his Geass canceller after joining Zero? Such a waste of that unique power, lol.
Your question would be valid in theory, but in practice it doesn't seem applicable to the specific case. I just don't see in which situation Jeremiah could undo Nunnally's Geass.

She was already the alleged Britannian ruler of Area 11 and effectively Lelouch's enemy by then. It's not like Lelouch could call her up and ask.

If he had captured Nunnally, then sure. But obviously that didn't happen until the very end.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 19:30   Link #2529
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
It's a sad-sad situation: Either way, she had been hurt, and would be more if she knew the truth!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 16:47   Link #2530
azul120

Quote:
Lelouch didn't learn until he was facing off against Charles, and Nunnally was presumed dead. (Of course, she was being hidden and duped by Schneizel.)
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 16:53   Link #2531
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
Another question:

Apparently, it was V2 who sent Zero, Suzaku and the others on the Kamine island in episode 19, season 1, to "observe" them.

My first question is, what was the point of this? What does he gain by that? And how did he do it? Magic?

My second question is, in light of this, it seems V2, Charles and the others knew Zero's identity. Charles also says after the massacre of the Japanese "Yes, you are worthy of being called my child/son [depends on the translation] now." and this presumably refers to Lelouch. So why did they not just go after Lelouch to track down and grab C2, which was their primary objective the entire time?

Can I get a link to the interview where the author talks about how he had different plans for R2?
Its probably because the Emperor didn't want anybody to know about his real plans and the real reasons for the war that's all. Considering that Clovis believed that if his father learned of CC he'd be in trouble that makes me believe that if the emperor took interest in a certain thing surely schniezel would have realized everything
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 14:29   Link #2532
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

so i check it and found the manga Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is ongoing and has only 19 chapters till now,
so does the anime has a different storyline based on the same plot? (like Ao no Exorcist)
or something else?
Old 2013-08-17, 19:34   Link #2533
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
so i check it and found the manga Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is ongoing and has only 19 chapters till now,
so does the anime has a different storyline based on the same plot? (like Ao no Exorcist)
or something else?
I believe the manga you're talking about already finished. It's mostly the same basic storyline as both seasons of the TV series, roughly speaking, but without any robots and certain characters aren't present at all. I'd stick with the anime myself, since it is the original work, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who appreciate the manga.
Old 2013-08-17, 22:33   Link #2534
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I believe the manga you're talking about already finished. It's mostly the same basic storyline as both seasons of the TV series, roughly speaking, but without any robots and certain characters aren't present at all. I'd stick with the anime myself, since it is the original work, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who appreciate the manga.
ok i checked it again on wiki and yes the manga is finished, and so the anime is same as they manga with added action sequence and little filler in the episode

thanks that cleared it
Old 2013-08-20, 08:28   Link #2535
ingo505

Quote:
It strikes me as odd that even though the manga should be finished, there are only 19 chapters on ALL of the major manga sites. Whats going on? Why isn't there 38 chapters. :/ I have a feeling there was some kind of licensing issue that prohibited sites from uploading aftet 19 ch.

Last edited by ingo505; 2013-08-20 at 08:44.
ingo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 09:11   Link #2536
brolyeuphyfusion
???

Questions:

1) What if Euphemia joined the black knights?

2) Why is the series severely lacking in Suzaku x Shirley moments?
Old 2013-09-01, 13:24   Link #2537
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

1. Euphemia in the Black Knight? Probally just another reason to drag Suzaku in.

2. Well, they have already be claimed.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 02:32   Link #2538
Scherzo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
\

2. Charles let Lelouch continue on thinking he had a snowballs chance of somehow beating him, in order to keep him out of his way. He figured C.C. would just come to him when it was time for the Ragnarok, since they had a bargain. I assume the whole "We have to capture C.C." was just a ruse to keep V.V. fooled. Remember V.V. killed Marianne but didn't know Charles knew that, and was under the impression he was still Charles's ally and would be part of their victory, when Charles knew, and was planning on killing V.V. and taking his code in vengence.
I thought capturing C.C. was just a Code R objective; I believe Schnizel's research into Geass was entirely separate from the Geass Order's.

Asked this question on Tv Tropes, but what point did CC stop following Charles' plan? And what role did Lelouch exactly play in it? I don't really see how any of Lelouch's actions in R1 and R2 advance Charles' interests; all he had to do was direct the already expansionist government to invade the places that had Thought Elevators.
Old 2013-09-16, 03:10   Link #2539
Xander

They need to control all the Thought Elevators to begin the process as well as somehow use both Codes during the final stage of the Ragnarok Connection. I figure they expected Lelouch's rebellion would bring C.C. back to them once he tried to challenge the Emperor for a final battle or if he lost, like he did at the end of S1, unless she abandoned him first and stopped messing around. That is, if none of the other parties looking for her managed to take her in first. Didn't Clovis also intend to eventually give her to his father? I believe he did. I guess you could argue there was a giant case of secrecy and lacking communication between all the different Britannians interested in Geass or C.C. herself.
Old 2013-09-16, 03:23   Link #2540
Scherzo09

Quote:
They need to control all the Thought Elevators to begin the process as well as somehow use both Codes during the final stage of the Ragnarok Connection. I figure they expected Lelouch's rebellion would bring C.C. back to them once he tried to challenge the Emperor for a final battle or if he lost, like he did at the end of S1, unless she abandoned him first and stopped messing around. That is, if none of the other parties looking for her managed to take her in first. Didn't Clovis also intend to eventually give her to his father? I believe he did. I guess you could argue there was a giant case of secrecy and lacking communication between all the different Britannians interested in Geass or C.C. herself.
My understanding though is that Clovis was acting under Schniezel's orders, and that basically no one but the Emperor and his select cadre had access to the Geass Order, which is why Schniezel was running Code R to begin with. But I mean like the Emperor is exhilarated when Lelouch has the guts to pull the trigger on Euphemia; how exactly does that figure into his plan? Maybe Lelouch's Geass was the key to activating Akasha, and the Emperor was trying to provoke Lelouch into a state of utter despair and bitterness at the world he'd gladly go along with his plan.

Tags
q&a