AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 12 15.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 31.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 11.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-22, 05:56   Link #101
Divini
Senpai!

Ichika's flashback to when he first touched the IS kinda bothered me.

"Oh man I'm lost, and I don't know where to go for my entrance exam. Hmm, maybe if I go down this dark hallway where nobody is, I'll find it. What's this? "No trespassing, Authorized Personnel only" Well maybe I should go in there!"

I mean, really?

Haven't read the LN's, but from what I hear of how good it is, it seems like for the anime, they're skipping some important points. Not to mention Cecilia's instant 180.
Old 2011-01-22, 06:32   Link #102
Sixth
Hu Tao

Apparently, the reason why Ichika is so successful to have Harem, it is because he don't have competition. It seems that adding another competent male character into series is no-no.

Now I understand why the main character needs a competent rival..it make the series and pairing fun.
Old 2011-01-22, 06:56   Link #103
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The 'childhood love promise (usually one that the male protagonist forgets)' is also getting pretty annoying. Just once, just once, when one of these come out into the open, I want the dude to go, "Huh? I was like nine when I made that promise. How are you still holding that over my head!?" Just once.
Actually, it has been a year since they have last seen each other, as noted within the episode. It's Houki whom Ichika hasn't interacted with since they were nine or so.
Old 2011-01-22, 07:24   Link #104
ZeKeR
Superbad

so he be a Procrastinating and Undecided Slow Sissy Youth when it comes to girls?
Old 2011-01-22, 09:36   Link #105
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Dude, you already made that joke...

Anyway, who exactly is it that decided to place an extremely rare and expensive weapon of mass destruction in a public building with students in it, with absolutley no security personel or even a freaking padlock on the door? Because I bet that genius got fired on the same day...
Old 2011-01-22, 09:42   Link #106
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So since Houki was wondering what Ichika has been doing all this time because he's so weak now, could it be blamed on him hanging out with Rin instead of practicing?
Old 2011-01-22, 10:05   Link #107
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So since Houki was wondering what Ichika has been doing all this time because he's so weak now, could it be blamed on him hanging out with Rin instead of practicing?
I think its because of this, what I wrote earllier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by village idiot
Hmm I wonder if the reason why Ichika is having problems using his IS after showing his skill in the previous episode either due to:

1) Not taking the situation seriously
2) The teachers are trying to train him using the wrong method

When he was told to fly, he was trying to do what the teachers are telling him to; "Imagine a pyramid in front of you", to which he doesn't even know what the heck they're talking about, but tried anyways because thats what they told him to do.

Back in Ep2, that was like his 2nd time using an IS. Houki never taught him anything. He learned how to use it via trial-error in the middle of battle.

Rather that tell him, "Go ahead and fly.", they're telling him "Go ahead and fly using this particular method I taught you.".

Ichika might not be compatible with this particular method of learning.
Old 2011-01-22, 10:28   Link #108
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

They should place Lin and Houki in the same room.

(the next day)

Sorry, looks like the dorm has been heavily damaged and needs to be repaired. Ichika should share the room with Chifuyu

The cannon fodder girls: AHHH! HOW ROMANTIC!

Houki+Cecilia+Lin: NO WAY! Ichika belongs to me!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-01-22, 13:13   Link #109
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Apparently, the reason why Ichika is so successful to have Harem, it is because he don't have competition. It seems that adding another competent male character into series is no-no.

Now I understand why the main character needs a competent rival..it make the series and pairing fun.
Too bad it is Mediafactory LN J stuff, aka a cardinal sin to have more than one major male lead
Old 2011-01-22, 15:28   Link #110
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Actually I reckon a second male IS pilot will be happening, either as a side kick to Ichika or as the Dragon that Ichika eventually has to beat.

Anyway, why exactly did Ichika walk into a room that says "Unauthorised Access"? What's the opinion of LN readers? Is he actually smarter/more perceptive in the Light Novels or is he like this too?

Quote:
Quit making childish complaints. Last I checked, this is anime, not real life.
For the record, if you think I'm being too aggressive or annoying then you're perfectly inclined to point that out, and I'll try and tone it down. I can understand if my rather critical take on this series would annoy some that like this show. However, i will continue to express my opinions and my complaints, regardless of whether you think they're childish or not.
Old 2011-01-22, 15:30   Link #111
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

No, I am seeing this similar to the premises of Kampfer. The only difference is Ichika doesn't have to deal with a manipulative lesbian as part of his group. (Well the Phantom Task Group does have a lesbian couple)
Old 2011-01-22, 16:11   Link #112
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Anyway, why exactly did Ichika walk into a room that says "Unauthorised Access"? What's the opinion of LN readers? Is he actually smarter/more perceptive in the Light Novels or is he like this too?
Judging from the summaries, Ichika describing how he ended up touching the IS was different in the novels. I don't think it's a spoiler to mention changes from source material but basically if I remember right
Spoiler for Ichika touching the IS:

I'm kind of torn between wanting Rin to win and wanting Ichika to win. I can't really decide which I would like more for the series though I think maybe something undecided like a tie would be better since than the promise thing would still be unresolved.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-01-22, 16:17   Link #113
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That might be prohibited too... depends, but I'd play it safe and make a LN thread.
Old 2011-01-22, 16:30   Link #114
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Only future events are prohibited so it's okay.
Old 2011-01-22, 16:35   Link #115
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Only future events are prohibited so it's okay.
You can't always go by that. Sometimes they rearrange stuff.
Old 2011-01-22, 17:02   Link #116
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Transfer Student is a Second Childhood Friend

Minna, before watching this episode I spent some time reading all the posts in this thread, and it definitely went true what was discussed in this third episode.

It wasn't only delicious but exquisite as well watching the moe and tsundere-ness factors overflowing everywhere as the "Love-For-Ichika" dynamics kept popping everytime.

Yukana-san voice surprises me at how her pitch changed from the dignified ojou-sama in the previous episode to the girly-maiden in love in this one. It was such a treat to watch. Of course, Houki's tsundere-ness is neither second to anyone nor loses ground to any other.

It's both funny and cute how both Ichika and Houki's situation living and sleeping under the same room and in the same dorm parallels that of a married (pseudo)couple.
I mean Ichika already in his t-shirt and short-pant pajamas, while Houki wearing a pink, long-robe adorned with a new sash, but it's funny and the married couple allegory makes more sense when Rin asks for Houki permission to switch places so that she spends alone the night with Ichika.

It felt to me as if Ichika was about get punished by his non-wife but single, childhood first friend Houki, as if she was a real wife to him.

Now, I do not understand why anime girls from puberty to their late teens are so harsh and heartless to their boy counterparts and childhood friends.

Reality is that for many boys we tend to forget things and are not able to read between lines what girls really mean or want. Now, that doesn't mean in anyway that all boys and men are like that.

Ichika's not idiot just he's either too naive to view seriously those things that are very important to teenaged girls or just too gullible. Unfortunately, laws of anime and manga regarding social relationships between teenaged (youth) characters each of the opposite sex are very adamant at forgiving the boy characters who tend to forget those special occasions that mean everything to the girl characters, and in which the consequences end up incurring the girl's wrath.

Hence, the episode moves on ending with Ichika getting cornered by Rin at a class-Rep duel, with the latter promising to wreak extensive torture and torment upon the former.

So, the multi-racial and multi-cultural harem continues to expand:

Japan: tsundere type.
England: ojou-sama type.
China: tomboy? type. (Anyone has any clear ideas about Rin's type.
Old 2011-01-22, 17:47   Link #117
canza

Interesting episode, but yeah I must admit the transition for Cecilia was way rushed. Rin is meh for me, and Houki, well Houki needs to tone her random anger attacks.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-01-22 at 17:54. Reason: do not post these HUGE images like that even in spoiler tags! use thumbnails!
Old 2011-01-22, 19:36   Link #118
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

The way eps 2 and 3 are, there feels like a gap. It's like a ep 2.5 is missing.
Old 2011-01-22, 20:59   Link #119
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
They should place Lin and Houki in the same room.

(the next day)

Sorry, looks like the dorm has been heavily damaged and needs to be repaired. Ichika should share the room with Chifuyu

The cannon fodder girls: AHHH! HOW ROMANTIC!

Houki+Cecilia+Lin: NO WAY! Ichika belongs to me!!
Spoiler for Chifuyu:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-01-22, 21:04   Link #120
Stefkov

I don't really like harem shows when the lead man is annoying. The whole Ichika is mine stuff is getting boring quickly but I kind of like the female characters's designs and the fights and technology within are quite interesting.
That English girl's attitude changed way too quickly. I'm hoping the fight next week will be interesting, especially two close quarters fighting against each other.
Closed Thread