AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite AnoHana character(s)
Menma (Honma Meiko) 55 42.64%
Jintan (Yadomi Jinta) 49 37.98%
Anaru (Anjou Naruko) 78 60.47%
Tsuruko (Tsurumi Chiriko) 46 35.66%
Yukiatsu (Matsuyuki Atsumu) 38 29.46%
Poppo (Hisakawa Tetsudou) 37 28.68%
Honma Irene 4 3.10%
Honma Manabu 2 1.55%
Honma Satoshi 13 10.08%
Yadomi Atsushi 16 12.40%
Yadomi Touko 10 7.75%
Aki 1 0.78%
Haruna 0 0%
Others (specify) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-03, 04:48   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

AnoHana - Favourite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to the AnoHana Favourite Character(s) Poll , the place when you can adorn your favourite "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai." characters and support them expressing all of your love!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to come back and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2011-07-03, 05:31   Link #2
VentAileron

Voted Jintan.

He's such a composed guy who just takes the raging of his friends without flinching. I like his sense of fashion (want that black jacket). His desire to apologize to Menma for 'that day' is pretty touching, although slightly cliched.
But the knock-out argument has to be:
Spoiler for Menma's Wish:
Old 2011-07-03, 05:40   Link #3
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Tsuruko grew on me pretty well. I loved how she was so composed and witty through the series, even though the events of the end proved to be too much. I just appreciate the characters that can keep sanity and reasoning even when the shit's hitting the fan.

Anaru's great too. Despite her indecisiveness and selfishness, she does fine time to care for others, kinda like Jintan. She's definitely a very genuine and honest person; she's also a very careful person with a lot of attention to detail (Or maybe OCD), that I find endearing. And of course, the best moments of the series are with her and Jintan; so much silliness. They do a good job propping each other up.

Yukiatsu aka MANMA, I liked because I like laughing at him. You sick, sorry fuck; Ano Hana wouldn't be nearly as amusing without you. But hope you get better.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-03, 06:53   Link #4
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Voted for Jinta, Anaru and Tsuruko. The character's design itself is naturally important, but to me, the seiyuu behind the character is almost equally important in anime, because having the right seiyuu can bring the character to life, while seiyuu mismatch can destroy even the best designed character. Having said that...

Jinta: as much as I sympathesize with Jinta, I can't really bring myself to like him as an anime character. I voted for him mainly because of Irino Miyu. Irino gave me the impression of being the voice stereotype of "good boy" or "nice young guy" so his performance for Jinta brought me pleasant surprises.

Anaru: I'm not really a Tomatsu fan, but I have to say she did a very nice job for Anaru. Anaru is a likable character to begin with, and Tomatsu just gave her the right voice to make her the Anaru that she's supposed to be. Kudos, Tomatsu.

Tsuruko: to be honest, I think this character didn't give Hayami the chance to bring her talent into full play. Nevertheless, Hayami is best fit for voicing calm characters who don't show much emotion so they certainly got the right seiyuu for Tsuruko. I have to admit that Hayami being one of my favorite newer-generation seiyuu's contributes to part of the reason I voted for Tsuruko.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:44   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

More than any time ever, maybe, I wanted to vote for "everybody". I just don't see any poor or underdeveloped characters here. They're really all great. But forced to choose, I picked Anaru for her straightforward emotional vulnerability and adorably insecure tendency to change her look. Satoshi for stepping in late and emerging as an emotional center of the story, and being decent despite catching some lousy breaks. And for Jintan, because he's criminally underappreciated and a thoroughly decent person who had so much taken away from him and so much dumped on his shoulders.
Old 2011-07-03, 11:49   Link #6
deadite

Yama-san not there? LOL
Old 2011-07-03, 13:19   Link #7
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Yama-san not there? LOL
But if I put all the characters, there would be no room for your complaints. Furthermore, the "Others" option is your friend.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:43   Link #8
LC
Shocking Pink

I voted for Menma, Jintan, Yukiatsu, and Tsuruko. All the characters are great though.

Wow, it's amazing how Menma (at least going by pixiv and Newtype) is easily the most popular in Japan, but, here, well...
Old 2011-07-04, 01:53   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Japanese fans always go for the white-haired option. Look at Ayanami Rei.
Old 2011-07-04, 01:59   Link #10
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I thought she had blue hair?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-04, 02:00   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'll give my votes to Super Peace Busters + Menma's bro + Jintan's parents
they are awesome
Old 2011-07-04, 05:08   Link #12
VentAileron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
Wow, it's amazing how Menma (at least going by pixiv and Newtype) is easily the most popular in Japan, but, here, well...
Just a culture difference in taste with respect to you-know-what. I really don't feel like using that word. I hope you get it if you compare the character traits and looks of Menma and Anaru and their respective popularity among Japanese and Western audience.
Old 2011-07-04, 22:25   Link #13
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Let's see voted for Anaru, Tsuruko, Jintan, Touko[Jintan's mom], and Satoshi[Menma's brother]. Plenty of reasons listed here for the three mains I voted, so I'll just comment on the side characters.

Touko for being such a loving, and good parent even when she was in the hospital . And Satoshi came off the best and most reasonable of the male to me in the show, and that's with his mom still being hung up on his sister, so I find his character admirable in a sense.
MAL
Old 2011-07-05, 01:42   Link #14
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Touko for being such a loving, and good parent even when she was in the hospital .
I thought about giving my vote to Touko too but ended up deciding not to. This is the time when Key comes into my mind; got to say Key has some really desirable, oh-how-I-wish-I'm-her-son/daugther moms. Akiko and Sanae are two of the names that are on top of my mind.
Old 2011-07-05, 03:25   Link #15
shakeofinfinity
Learning the Guitar

of course
anaru =)
big boobs ftw
Old 2011-07-05, 05:55   Link #16
fazer

She is more then just boobs!

Seriously the writers planned ALOT for her, giving her a sexy figure, a fashionable wardrobe, a faucet to turn on her tears, a somewhat tsundere characteristic, familiar with video games and manga.

No wonder she is leading!
Old 2011-07-05, 07:19   Link #17
Kirarakim

I voted for Anaru, Tsuruko & Yukiatsu

Anaru and Tsuruko were my definite two favorites. Although I ended up caring about all the characters they were the two I felt I could emphasize with & relate to the most.

And Yukiatsu was just fun bringing in all that extra drama & strife with Jintan (plus he is voiced by Sakurai and I am just a little biased in his favor).

I didn't vote for any of the minor characters, but if I had it would be Menma's younger brother. Of the few scenes we saw of him I really liked how stable and well adjusted he was (compared to all the other characters).
Old 2011-07-05, 12:14   Link #18
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pleasantly surprised to see Jintan get so many votes. He deserves them, but after the beating he took here I wasn't too sure he'd get any other than mine...
Old 2011-07-05, 20:21   Link #19
TrippedUp

^ Jintan redeemed himself in the last episode.
Old 2011-07-05, 20:23   Link #20
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
Just a culture difference in taste with respect to you-know-what. I really don't feel like using that word. I hope you get it if you compare the character traits and looks of Menma and Anaru and their respective popularity among Japanese and Western audience.
I get it and expected Naruko to be the most popular here, but the difference is still astounding.

To echo Guardian Enzo, it's also surprising how many votes Jintan has gotten. At times, it felt as if he were one of the more disliked characters of the show.

Last edited by LC; 2011-07-05 at 20:34.
Closed Thread