AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 10:27   Link #201
Haigon

Source? Portable Ops needs love!

It's a amazing game.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 10:30   Link #202
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
http://kotaku.com/there-might-be-a-n...tion-475733842

Yeah.... what I find interesting is that HD model of MGS1 Snake... since there was the MGS HD Collections and such... would a HD Remake of MGS1 be the selling point of this collection?
Old 2013-04-18, 10:30   Link #203
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Here
http://gematsu.com/2013/04/metal-gea...-rated-for-ps3
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 11:45   Link #204
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Lol but I've just bought MGS4 last week
Old 2013-04-18, 18:11   Link #205
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

Send a message via AIM to cj_iwakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It's a small app for the PS3 that you can freely download on the PSN. It requires a complete MGS4 save game to unlock all content though.
Almost there, I think. I'm at the Vamp fight.

Not looking forward to it.
Old 2013-04-18, 20:38   Link #206
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Nothing to do with Metal Gear Solid V but the PS3 is getting another collection.
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...17-600x835.jpg

Looks like it will have Metal Gear Solid, Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, Guns of the Patriots and Peace Walker. Now where the heck is Portable Ops?
Possible it's MGS3 Subsistence(with the extra joke theater) ,MGS Twin Snakes(Finally!!!), I think that's Portable Ops(crosses fingers) and MGS4
Old 2013-04-18, 20:53   Link #207
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Possible it's MGS3 Subsistence(with the extra joke theater) ,MGS Twin Snakes(Finally!!!), I think that's Portable Ops(crosses fingers) and MGS4
I haven't played Twin Snakes but all the opinions I heard were "meh"
Old 2013-04-18, 20:56   Link #208
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
I haven't played Twin Snakes but all the opinions I heard were "meh"
Well, I own it and have played it many times.... it's actually pretty good in my opinion, it's just MGS1 with MGS2 graphics/gameplay. What most of the reviewers complain about is the changes they DID make to the game are kinda goofy (jumping off missiles, absurd reactions to small things), though they're all mostly just through cutscenes.
Old 2013-04-18, 21:00   Link #209
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Either way I'd love to see Twin Snakes on the PS. Been dying to play that game, even though it's just an HD version with over the top cutscenes.

Betting MGS4 flashbacks now will be in Twin Snakes graphics.
Old 2013-04-18, 21:02   Link #210
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Either way I'd love to see Twin Snakes on the PS. Been dying to play that game, even though it's just an HD version with over the top cutscenes.

Betting MGS4 flashbacks now will be in Twin Snakes graphics.

What about MGS1 flashbacks in MGS2~?
Old 2013-04-18, 21:32   Link #211
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Fans will be angry if Twin Snakes get included rather than MGS1.
The voice acting and nostalgia alone are more than enough reasons. Both would be fine though.

And maybe even a supposed MGS4:Substance!
Old 2013-04-18, 21:45   Link #212
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

About Twin Snakes I heard the cutscenes were a bit like Rising but they made less sense since it had Solid Snake jumping a lot to kick Metal Gear REX when Gray Fox already had troubles with it.
Old 2013-04-18, 21:53   Link #213
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
What about MGS1 flashbacks in MGS2~?
Kojima will remake those as well. He always does.

His only failed MGS is MGS2, due to a new character that we dunno who. Oh wait he has a spin off and is more popular now because he's a cyborg.

Also the director of Twin Snakes in the cut scenes is not Hideo, like he puts it a young Solid Snake is more agile and aggressive.

Heck Snake even held his own with Gray Fox.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-18, 22:06   Link #214
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Let's put it this way.... the kind of changes they made....

^ Skip to 4:50 ^

^ Skip to 3:40^

I'll say, that I don't mind the changes between MGS1 and Twin Snakes. There were some minor changes.... like Mei Ling losing her accent in Twin Snakes, along with Naomi losing her british accent too. But in the end.... honestly, Twin Snakes is what got me into the MGS series... I can't hate it~
Old 2013-04-18, 22:22   Link #215
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Kojima will remake those as well. He always does.

His only failed MGS is MGS2, due to a new character that we dunno who. Oh wait he has a spin off and is more popular now because he's a cyborg.
I found Raiden appealing in MGS2 but such game gave me a massive headache during its climax where the Patriots, Solidus, Fortune, Olga and Ocelot come up with lots of plottwists that mindraped me. It actually motivated me to replay the game in a harder difficulty to make a sense of what was going on.

What Solid Snake tells to Raiden is what exactly Kojima tells the player: Don't get so confused with words and just find your answer to your questions. Trying to make a sense of the plot was missing the message (and the ending was originally going to be even more confusing with Olga's identity not revealed.) From what I read Raiden was created as a weak character as an avatar of the player who tried to make a sense of the plot and see Snake's hidden depths. Then Kojima released Solid 2's antithesis, Guns of the Patriots, and tried explaining everything from Solid 2.
Old 2013-04-18, 22:44   Link #216
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
I found Raiden appealing in MGS2 but such game gave me a massive headache during its climax where the Patriots, Solidus, Fortune, Olga and Ocelot come up with lots of plottwists that mindraped me. It actually motivated me to replay the game in a harder difficulty to make a sense of what was going on.

What Solid Snake tells to Raiden is what exactly Kojima tells the player: Don't get so confused with words and just find your answer to your questions. Trying to make a sense of the plot was missing the message (and the ending was originally going to be even more confusing with Olga's identity not revealed.) From what I read Raiden was created as a weak character as an avatar of the player who tried to make a sense of the plot and see Snake's hidden depths. Then Kojima released Solid 2's antithesis, Guns of the Patriots, and tried explaining everything from Solid 2.
For me Iam like Jeremy Jahns. We're just gonna play this guy for a moment right then back to Snake right? Right? No we play as Raiden the whole 2nd half of the game.

If he wanted us to be an avatar as Raiden, we should have had a create your own character face in MGS2, but since it will be part of the series Raiden still needed a new character which alot of fans didn't like. Think of Nero in DMC4.

That's the only MGS game he made a mistake with. The others are fine as long as it's Snake.
Old 2013-04-18, 22:45   Link #217
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I miss Naomi's British accent. It was hot.

I agree that Mei Ling shoulda lost her accent; she was born and grew up in America, so she really should have the accent down.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:54   Link #218
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Liquid's voice is for the ladies

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-18, 23:03   Link #219
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
For me Iam like Jeremy Jahns. We're just gonna play this guy for a moment right then back to Snake right? Right? No we play as Raiden the whole 2nd half of the game.

If he wanted us to be an avatar as Raiden, we should have had a create your own character face in MGS2, but since it will be part of the series Raiden still needed a new character which alot of fans didn't like. Think of Nero in DMC4.

That's the only MGS game he made a mistake with. The others are fine as long as it's Snake.
It's not that it was that easy to make that back in 2001. Such face was made to contrast Snake. And playing as Snake in Sons of Liberty again would have been boring since he didn't do a thing while Raiden was the subject of the SS3 to have Snake's skills so he had lots of encounters. And there was no intention to play as Snake again cos Kojima was actually serious about Solid 2 being what he intended to be the final game. The biggest proof that Raiden was an avatar in Solid 2 were his dogtags with the player's name and his interactions with the AI.
Old 2013-04-18, 23:12   Link #220
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
It's not that it was that easy to make that back in 2001. Such face was made to contrast Snake. And playing as Snake in Sons of Liberty again would have been boring since he didn't do a thing while Raiden was the subject of the SS3 to have Snake's skills so he had lots of encounters. And there was no intention to play as Snake again cos Kojima was actually serious about Solid 2 being what he intended to be the final game. The biggest proof that Raiden was an avatar in Solid 2 were his dogtags with the player's name and his interactions with the AI.
No it's not boring, because alot where expecting to play as him and not another character. In all scenarios why the heck Raiden will throw the dog tag away and he doesn't know the guy meaning what he's still a character himself, it's not us it's Raiden. He's been pressured to make another game by fans and probably Konami alike because alot didn't like the bait switch character.