AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-31, 04:44   Link #2181
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh hey, Shandy finally introduced. Fun girl.
Old 2015-07-31, 08:54   Link #2182
IAmAsianNoob

Ooh new chapter. Look like the JSDF are slowly capturing important people? When I saw the dragonhead, I had hoped that they would pull off a trojan dragonhead move :P.
IAmAsianNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 09:31   Link #2183
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
BTW do american manga have official digital versions you can buy? ?
Yes and no. It depends on 2 things.

1) Whether the American publishers have digital platforms. Some of the smaller publishers don't do digital publishing at all yet.

2) Whether the Japanese publishing company allows the American publisher to release in digital. Some Japanese publishing companies still don't license digital rights regardless of the American publisher's desire to publish digitally.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 09:59   Link #2184
zYnthethicz

So, the prince will go to war against the JSDF once again...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
zYnthethicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 10:01   Link #2185
tsunade666

chapter 48 of manga is out and wow... the emperor is dead.

btw I didn't read the spoiler summary for further of the story because i want to read it in manga but if I saw a spoiler that is not in spoiler tagged or not been spoilered as summary, I still read it. I will just find out later on that its future spoiler

but still, I feel Joffery all over again when the emperor died. I just wish that guy died a more horrible way.
Old 2015-07-31, 12:00   Link #2186
Dart-Sama

such a speedy scanlation =D, well is quite a juicy chapter after all
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 12:24   Link #2187
Starway

Why this been moved?
Old 2015-07-31, 12:33   Link #2188
endarion88

unless they recover in the next ep, for now it seems the anime cutted-off the part about rori "battle horniness" that is kind of a major let off..really hope they recover it in the next ep :/
Old 2015-07-31, 12:34   Link #2189
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
Why this been moved?
Anime got a sub-forum.
Old 2015-07-31, 13:05   Link #2190
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
unless they recover in the next ep, for now it seems the anime cutted-off the part about rori "battle horniness" that is kind of a major let off..really hope they recover it in the next ep :/
They haven't cut it out because that scene hasn't even happened yet. -_- The part about Rory's "battle horniness" isn't until later in the battle.

That said, I expect it to be......toned down a good bit. Let's face it, it borders on full-blown erotica, even the characters around her in the scene pointed that out. And especialy with the less-dark direction they're taking the anime, it'll most likely be changed. I expect it to be more of a trance-like state like what we see in the onsen scene part of the OP. (which is most likely a scene taken directly from the future episode where they visit Japan)
Old 2015-07-31, 14:04   Link #2191
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
chapter 48 of manga is out and wow... the emperor is dead.

btw I didn't read the spoiler summary for further of the story because i want to read it in manga but if I saw a spoiler that is not in spoiler tagged or not been spoilered as summary, I still read it. I will just find out later on that its future spoiler

but still, I feel Joffery all over again when the emperor died. I just wish that guy died a more horrible way.
In my opinion, the one that reminds me more of Joffrey is Zorzal- a sadistic sociopath who relishes in bringing violence on others, but quickly caves when faced with violence himself.

That said, for all the viewer knows, within the context of his medieval world, Zorzal might be a competent commander and fighter, who is simply massively outclassed by the modern firepower of the JSDF.

The emperor, he is more the Tywin Lannister type- the manipulative schemer, constantly plotting to outmaneuver and eliminate his rivals. I'll agree that his death was very reminiscent of Joffrey's, though.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 14:11   Link #2192
rladls2121

Then this series must be that good enough to have its sub forum.
I wish Yugioh have sub forums though.

So what is happening in the novel recently?
Is there any discrimination problem between races?
Does Japan has any allies excluding the Special Region?
Is the world is enemy against Japan?
How's Japan's relationship with other countries in its own world so far?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 14:43   Link #2193
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Not sure about the novel, but as of the manga, there are no all-out wars, but the US, China, and Russia all deployed black ops units in an attempt to capture the residents of the Special Region who visited Japan.

The three black ops units engaged the JSDF special forces and each other and all three foreign black ops units killed each other off (except for one taken out by Rory in the manga). All three countries presumably denied their presence in the country. I agree, the hostility of the US does seem a bit implausible and very right wing Japanese, but to be fair, the US make Russian and Chinese invasion plotlines in our fiction, and for that matter, the US black ops team, and this would not be the first time the CIA has secretly conducted operations of questionable morality and legality in what is technically a friendly country!

In general, Russia and China are plotting behind Japan's back to gain a foothold in the Special region, and seize the resources, and, in the case of the Chinese, space to house their massive population. The US, apart for their botched CIA black operation, biding their time until the JSDF secure the Special Region, at which point major US oil and resource companies will make bids the develop the untapped oil and mineral resources in the region- making a profit off the special region, without making a direct military contribution.

As for the special region, yeah, there is blatant racism against the elves, for instance, as show in the latest manga chapter. Citizens of defeated nations, whether human or of one fantasy race or another are often taken as slaves- when Youji found out they took a few Japanese in the early hours of the invasion, including one the crown prince was holding as a sex slave, Youji was pissed and quite the show of force, demanding the liberation of the slaves.

Many of the part- animal races, i.e. nekomimi, rabbit ears etc, are also discriminated against, and in the case of the rabbit-ears, the crown prince ordered a genocide of their people, and made their queen into his sex slave.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 15:04   Link #2194
rladls2121

US, China, and Russia.
Their territories are enormous after all.
And Japan military power is around their level or above even though its territory itself is not that large.

I wonder if things went worse on the story, only friendly relations with other countries are Special Region, but being enemies with the rest of the world.
If story actually proceed that way then, I wonder if that's how the reality is going to be in similar ways? Even though it is a fiction.
Old 2015-07-31, 16:09   Link #2195
Lutz2

Just wanted to ask someone, if they know more about this.
Spoiler for For future Story Arc:
Lutz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 16:38   Link #2196
Jorna

Manga chapter 48 came out, can anyone give a short summary of what happened after the Emperor got poisoned did they Prince attacked the Japanese representative out right?
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 20:29   Link #2197
MonkeyDude

Well someone was really butthurt this chapter...
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 21:23   Link #2198
watisit

Looks like bunny princess was the one behind the poisoning, not his idiocy.

The bugger was pissed that Leilei took all the attention from him with the dragon's head.

And as the saying goes "fools seldom differ" when he tried to gather support from the other losers who came back after being POW.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 23:32   Link #2199
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz2 View Post
Just wanted to ask someone, if they know more about this.
Spoiler for For future Story Arc:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorna View Post
Manga chapter 48 came out, can anyone give a short summary of what happened after the Emperor got poisoned did they Prince attacked the Japanese representative out right?
Spoiler:
Old 2015-07-31, 23:57   Link #2200
rladls2121

I think this part is important to me.

Is there any other countries government and its military forces excluding Japan relationship between the people from the Special Region getting along better any time soon?
Or is it Japan is the only country friendly relationship with the people from the Special Region?

Im sorry, I know this kind of question is too soon to ask after just reading the summary.
I want to know if other countries are trying to help or meaning any harm.
What do we call this series if Japan is really the only country do not refer Special Region as mere resourses and rest of the world only considers them bothersome and useful fuels.
Im just jumping into conclusions.
But so far, what is US, Russia, China, and other countries seems like in this series?
What kind of people are they?

After reading only the manga and watching the anime.
Personally, it really makes me think is it impossible for other countries than Japan have mean no harm?
Does Japan really want to cut the connections with the rest of the world because they are not good and Special Region is worth the opportunity to separate with them?

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction