AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-14, 05:45   Link #41
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
^ Common sense -> If it's about A, it goes in the A's thread
Common sense -> It doesn't matter so long as I get to see it

fixed.

In other news, now posting my favourite Reinforce pic... with Vita! Strikers needs more mini Reinforce.

If you are the artist of this pic, please come forward so I can worship you. Thanks.
Old 2006-08-14, 10:56   Link #42
Aisa

Reinforce has become one of my favorite devices <333 So cute.

A mace would be an interesting weapon... Kinda like what Go-Go used in Kill Bill xD gawd that'd be crazy.
Old 2006-08-14, 15:41   Link #43
frojoe

Maybe Nanoha could use a special katana from her families dojo which she could enchant to be stronger than it normally would be.

Also what kind of fighting style do you guys think they'll give to Hayate. Theyr eally didn't define it in A's. If she carries around a book paper user could be cool, but a ripoff of ROD. With nanoha and fate foucing on single opponent styles, maybe she could fill the role of crowd controller with nuking spells.
Old 2006-08-14, 19:54   Link #44
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe
Maybe Nanoha could use a special katana from her families dojo which she could enchant to be stronger than it normally would be.

Also what kind of fighting style do you guys think they'll give to Hayate. Theyr eally didn't define it in A's. If she carries around a book paper user could be cool, but a ripoff of ROD. With nanoha and fate foucing on single opponent styles, maybe she could fill the role of crowd controller with nuking spells.
Problem is, we never got to see her transform after Reinforce departed, so I'm not even sure if the current chibi-Reinforce(cReinforce) will transform into a book or not. I hope it does though... since Magical Girls with Books are sorely lacking.

This leads to another conundrum though. With the loss of the original-Reinforce(oReinforce), Hayate has lost an extremely powerful source of magical power. All those moments of kingdom-nuking in A's were a result of her reading the pages of oReinforce. Without oReinforce... what is the current power level of Hayate?

As for fighting style, I hope they stick to the Nordic theme they had going with Hayate and her knights.
Old 2006-08-14, 21:19   Link #45
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The part about Hayate's magic power I can answer. Based on the A's manga, Hayate retains her incantations (how many spells under her disposal I dunno) and is very fast with her casting. If anything she's on par with her peers.
Her significant advantage however would be in the knights. Hayate by herself is the quinessential archmage from the looks of it and the knights work alongside her like a party. Her battle-hardened party is swarn to go wherever she goes making that group more powerful than a single mage can hope to be.

Nanoha is at the moment a sniper/tank/gun. Fate does have area of effect spell but she doesn't specialize in it. We don't see enough of Hayate to determine whether or not she will be an AoE mage (this might be filled by chrono actually if not others).

By the way, it is unlikely for the Takamachi family to have legendary kodachi. Reason being is that the kodachi wielders were primarily merchants who got them for self defense (such as on Tokaido road) and for prestige of their new wealth since by late Edo period commerce overtook the old class structures. The strict class codes forbid anyone but samurai to wield katana and there's a maxinum length mandated even for Katana (as such nobody carried the massive horse killing sword/nodachi that Setsuna uses in Negima). Moreover, the period has few heroes as there's not much duel whatsoever.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-08-15, 00:37   Link #46
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
hmm.. Then how about a Tonfa weapon for a new weapon system?

I was bored, so I drew this up... of course the weapon is not actaul size ...

It could be a possible weapon i guess @_@
Old 2006-08-15, 06:07   Link #47
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I wanna see the look on Nanoha's face when her opponent pulls out a magical chainsaw.
Old 2006-08-15, 08:26   Link #48
DaFool
Resident devil

Is it just me or are none of the posts in this thread besides the first post about the topic so far?

About 3rd season, about time I say.
Old 2006-08-15, 11:33   Link #49
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I wanna see the look on Nanoha's face when her opponent pulls out a magical chainsaw.
Skuld?

To DaFool Well... this is carryover from the discussion on A's thread when we're speculating on the 3rd Nanoha. Naturally it doesn't look anything like it's about StrikerS. Of course, the fact that we've no other info than a confirmation means we can't really do more than to speculate dear.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-08-15, 11:57   Link #50
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Something like this?
Old 2006-08-15, 12:04   Link #51
Aisa

Haha I can't wait to see the new Nanoha expressions in StrikerS xDDD
Old 2006-08-15, 12:07   Link #52
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

In the spirit of that CARRIER meme... and to answer Nanoha expressions...
Quote:
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice! Ab-so-lutely! (cues Ride of the Valkyries)

Old 2006-08-16, 02:21   Link #53
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Is it just me or are none of the posts in this thread besides the first post about the topic so far?

About 3rd season, about time I say.
It bugs me also, but since few of the posts in the A's thread or the original series thread are about the actual show, I have trouble seeing that as relevant problem to just this thread. You can have off-topic Nanoha conversation in any of those three threads it seems. If there was a place for non-series Nanhoha discussion, then I'd tell folks to move it elsewhere.

* NoSanninWa sighs.

Why is it that this show sparks so much conversation, but so little of it is about things that actually happen in the show?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-16, 02:38   Link #54
Skane
Anime Snark

Cool

Wait, wait. Showing love for a show is a bad thing now? With only one thread per season, there isn't a lot we can do to split things up. Fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, speculation, series discussion, etc... all has to be done within one thread; and LNanoha is hardly the only series with this issue in the Fansubs/General Forums. :P

Unless LNanoha gets its' own subforums, everything( and I do mean EVERYTHING) that is related to LNanoha has to go into these threads. I rather have lively threads with enthusiastic fans, than a dead one with no one to talk with about LNanoha.

Cheers.

EDIT] Coz I'm petty about grammar.
Old 2006-08-16, 02:44   Link #55
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I agree with Skane on that. In the meantime... thought I ask whether or anyone people will support ...

Group G2:

Oume Ayumu (Gokujoou Seitokai)
Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess: Everyone has Wings)
Raising Heart (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's)

RH for saimoe 06? *Yesyes I posted this on the Saimoe thread...

Old 2006-08-16, 02:48   Link #56
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
~ In the meantime... thought I ask whether or anyone people will support ...

Group G2:

Oume Ayumu (Gokujoou Seitokai)
Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess: Everyone has Wings)
Raising Heart (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's)

RH for saimoe 06?
Against Belldandy?

Snowball's chance in Hell.

I'll eat cardboard if Raising Heart ends up beating Belldandy.
Old 2006-08-16, 03:02   Link #57
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Raging Heart on Saimoe 06?
Where Reinforce and Bardiche?

BTW, why Hayate have now Normal Color Hair and no more White Hair Color when she's magician?
Because about Reinforce?
Old 2006-08-16, 03:09   Link #58
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
Raging Heart on Saimoe 06?
Where Reinforce and Bardiche?

BTW, why Hayate have now Normal Color Hair and no more White Hair Color when she's magician?
Because about Reinforce?
Big Reinforce and Chibi are both in Saimoe. Bardiche is absent but Linnis is present. That said... Raging Heart, unlike Reinforce doesn't look anything like a typical moe character at all! At least Shakugan looks like a loli and talks like a loli.
That said, RH does talk uber engrish and has catchy phrases such as "don't worry" and "let's shoot it."

Old 2006-08-16, 05:20   Link #59
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Saimoe - If it were a different competition (remember back to his Gamefaqs days) then "let's shoot it!" and "I can be shot!" is all you'd need to take home the gold Seriously tho, I don't think any Nanoha personalities will win but it's great they're on the list. For them to win Nanoha would need a far more rabbid fanbase. Hweck, look where it got Touhou or Typemoon

Offtopicness - Sadly, animesuki doesn't support itself very well for situations like these. Really, there're three options. First, every series can get a "general discussion" topic. That's deffinately not going to happen. Second is that the admins could go around axing everyone who's not talking directly about the show itself. If that happens then you'd have a hard time finding people who'd want to stay. They'd just go elsewhere. Lastly, things can stay as-is. This is of course what will likely happen and what's best to happen. "It's bad to have everything right on the desktop but if the directory structure is too thick, nobody will want to use the computer" so to speak.

More speculation - What's the legal driving age in Japan? I'm just thinking that since all the girls are either well-off or bloody rich, some cars might get involved in just a few scenes. I for one would love to see N/F/H/S/A all piled into a red convertable, speeding down a shoreline highway.

Darnit. Now I've got the Misaki Chronic opening song stuck in my head.
Old 2006-08-16, 06:37   Link #60
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
More speculation - What's the legal driving age in Japan? I'm just thinking that since all the girls are either well-off or bloody rich, some cars might get involved in just a few scenes. I for one would love to see N/F/H/S/A all piled into a red convertable, speeding down a shoreline highway.
The minimum legal age for a driving license in Japan is 18 years.
Closed Thread