AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-01, 11:16   Link #6141
Homura7

Toria's tear was just to show she still retained some humanity within herself, plain and simple. Besides, Strom said that miracle thing was being told everywhere, not just the sector he recently slaughtered.

As for the ice tree, it's more like a premonition thing. Also, you should note Blade can't walk anymore, his right leg is broken.

Also people, get ready for the return of Kafka in the real world. The whole story is about to make a big turn
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 13:08   Link #6142
Ynot

^ And exactly because it was shown so clearly she still retained some of her humanity I expected a bit more out of her. Yeah there was talk of a miracle everywhere according to Strom but because we as the reader have seen Toria's group talk about it, it seemed she would have been an excellent tie in for the miracle to happen, move it along or simply see it.

Do you think Kafka will come along for the ride when Saten and Yamada escape from this world? Or do you have some other idea?
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 13:17   Link #6143
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Do you think Kafka will come along for the ride when Saten and Yamada escape from this world? Or do you have some other idea?
Yeah, I think just after they are back to the present, Kafka will come to aid for something. I'm saying this because he and Cruz are already friendly, he even laughed funnily when he was told about his other self.

So yeah, Kafka's return back in the present is just one of the alterations that will be made in the past. That also means all the characters here except Cruz & Saten will be 10 years older. I wonder how a 10 years older Kafka will look like...
Old 2011-01-01, 15:40   Link #6144
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Yeah, I think just after they are back to the present, Kafka will come to aid for something. I'm saying this because he and Cruz are already friendly, he even laughed funnily when he was told about his other self.

So yeah, Kafka's return back in the present is just one of the alterations that will be made in the past. That also means all the characters here except Cruz & Saten will be 10 years older. I wonder how a 10 years older Kafka will look like...
Interesting your theory if is true, though I wonder if it will have repercussions on Saten's plan and the development of Yamada. Lately I think Saten has make Eve resurrected Yamada that way in preparation to pfzero, but am unsure if it was right in case of pfzero or if he wanted it to happen.
The only thing Im sure after reread Saten's explanation about the pfzero and his function is gradually Yamada evolving but are uncertain in what. I hope that in the next few chapters Saten give us more details about his plan and why his so interested in Yamada.(beside his great intelligen)
By the way,happy new year guys
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 15:34   Link #6145
Avvesione

Quote:

Forgive me but could you try to explain your theory a little more? I don't understand how Kafka would be able to return to the real world when the Kafka of this world is a construct of Blade's memories. Then again, it's tough understanding Ishiyama's fragment. Saten did say to Cruz that "people like to interpret things within the bounds of what they can believe" which can be seen as two ways. Either Saten is lying to Cruz about the rules of the memory world or that we should believe what's going on as truth and accept it. Doesn't really help sort anything out though but I guess whatever happens happens.

Two things that were brought up in Chapter 86 that might be meaningful. One is that Mengroze doesn't seem to worry about showing his burned mark at people. In fact, he likes to point it at people so they can see it. I wonder if there's anything else special about it besides it being a burned mark.

Secondly, Cruz was interested in Stigmata in Chapter 80 when he first learned about it. Here's the page in particular:
Spoiler:
We remember in Chapter 86 he's asking when and where he got that mark. I wonder if Cruz has seen a Stigmata a long time ago.

---

Also, here are two videos I found while surfing around Youtube. Thought I should post them here since you guys might like them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJdysoLyt7A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW1i9bsf3GE
Old 2011-01-02, 16:38   Link #6146
Soji

^True, cruz shows a little too much interest in the stigmata thing... I do not remember Cruz being so serious about something in the past.
and it's something , which I hope will be explained soon.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 18:38   Link #6147
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Forgive me but could you try to explain your theory a little more? I don't understand how Kafka would be able to return to the real world when the Kafka of this world is a construct of Blade's memories. Then again, it's tough understanding Ishiyama's fragment. Saten did say to Cruz that "people like to interpret things within the bounds of what they can believe" which can be seen as two ways. Either Saten is lying to Cruz about the rules of the memory world or that we should believe what's going on as truth and accept it. Doesn't really help sort anything out though but I guess whatever happens happens.
Because if we are to believe that and Saten is really telling the truth, this world is not just a construct of Blade's memories but the past itself. To sum it up, they can travel back to any time through entering somenone's memories.

Do you think they would have bothered to assault Lifiaburg and get the Eir System if that wasn't the case? They are now here for an important reason. If Eve dies here in the past, her present self will die as well, and all the efforts Ishiyama and Saten bothered to take will have been in vain.

And same goes for Blade. If he dies, it's all over. All the warning Saten provided by telling him to not confront Strom is good proof of that.

Trust me, it took me a few chapters to understand the gist of the situation, but now I can see Saten is really telling the truth. The past and the present are interconnected, and any alteration made in the first will have serious aftermaths in the later.

For these reasons, the revival of Kafka is already a fact. Imai didn't bring him back for nothing. It's the return of Kafka and the return of the Kandata String fragment

It's very likely the fight will end next chapter. If my thoughts are correct, Saten gave Blade his Fifth Wave, because releasing such ability requires the stigmata. Don't forget it relies on dark matter.

And now let me provide something interesting I noticed. Since his first appearance, Saten has been always seen wearing these armbands. And when he released the Fifth Wave, his left armband felt like it was about to blow out.

What I'm wondering is... what happens if you realease the Fifth Wave with your bare hands or body? Are the armbands Saten wears really just accesories?

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-01-02 at 19:00.
Old 2011-01-02, 21:52   Link #6148
Sekirei07

okay so I just finished 86 up, bad news is the cleaned ch 85 not downloading for me so hopefully I will be able to finish 85 up in a day or two.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:47   Link #6149
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
About Kafka... I can understand where your idea comes from but... it doesn't change the fact that Blade has technically already killed Kafka in the present. Unless somehow things get changed so that Kafka isn't working for Simeon in the altered present and therefore has no reason to hunt down Blade, I don't see how he's just going to appear out of thin air

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 00:14   Link #6150
Sekirei07

Quote:
What I'm wondering is... what happens if you realease the Fifth Wave with your bare hands or body? Are the armbands Saten wears really just accesories?
No they do some to provide a variety of functions. They are seemingly indestructible and provide him with defense in close contact.

The slits on the side provide a ventilation that he can create wind from, and I assume to help cool down quickly from his attacks. It could also help with the distribution of the recoil from the energy blasts. Since Newton's law about equal and opposite forces would suggest that Saten should be flying back like a rocket by using those blasts.

Maybe they also provide accuracy? He can collect heat from any part of his body but he only releases it via his hands, maybe his armbands help focus the energy to release in a straight line to provide greater damage?
Old 2011-01-03, 00:56   Link #6151
Avvesione

Thanks Seki! I'm looking forward to the 2 new English chapters coming out soon.

Quote:
Good question. They shouldn't be accessories since they'd be incredibly heavy on his arms all the time lol... But it seems like your question will be answered in the next chapter since Saten is giving his fragment to Blade. We've seen Arclight use the Forth Wave before and he lacked the armbands. I wouldn't know about the Fifth Wave since it's only been used 3 times with one going unseen and one used as a gag.

Quote:
Because if we are to believe that and Saten is really telling the truth, this world is not just a construct of Blade's memories but the past itself. To sum it up, they can travel back to any time through entering somenone's memories.

Do you think they would have bothered to assault Lifiaburg and get the Eir System if that wasn't the case? They are now here for an important reason. If Eve dies here in the past, her present self will die as well, and all the efforts Ishiyama and Saten bothered to take will have been in vain.

And same goes for Blade. If he dies, it's all over. All the warning Saten provided by telling him to not confront Strom is good proof of that.

Trust me, it took me a few chapters to understand the gist of the situation, but now I can see Saten is really telling the truth. The past and the present are interconnected, and any alteration made in the first will have serious aftermaths in the later.
To me, this whole world is like the past but not quite the past. I've always thought of it this way after reading a few of Saten's explanations. The first was when Saten was battling Kafka (Ch79) he said "he's just a construct of Blade's memories, but this IS Kafka." Another is in the next chapter when Saten explains "This isn't just a memory. Now that we're here, it's as if we traveled back in time." Those two lines make me believe this is some poorly edited film (probably because one of the early pictures was of a film and broken CD when Saten was explaining why Overlord and Kafka were from another time) and that nothing going on is real.

However, you could argue that what's going on is real, which is why Saten saved Blade from Kafka and why they are trying to save Eve. Saten also tells Cruz that because Eve is alive in the future that they managed to save her in this time period. It's hard to tell if what's going on is real or not. I'm half expecting Cruz to be ejected from the memory world dressed in Eve's clothes (but with PGS socks and shoes) and half expecting Cruz to be dressed in his PGS uniform with a broken arm (which is what I'm hoping for since he was cuter in that uniform... erm, what did I just say?).

I'd be curious to see what everyone's input is on the mechanics of this memory world. Maybe there's something I don't see that you guys do.
Old 2011-01-03, 03:47   Link #6152
Ynot

I wouldn't want to dismiss the possibility there are some kind of ties between this world and reality, but this being the past seems unlikely to me. First there's the age of Kafka, shouldn't he be younger in this timeframe? And wasn't Overlord not supposed to exist during this time? Also, would the real past have blank places which can be overridden with Yamada's memories?

Saving Eve could according to Satens own explanation be because this world would collapse otherwise. He also still must gather information about Eve and stigmata, so maybe that's the reason he doesn't want them to die yet. But we have had mixed signals (like what Saten told Yamada when going to rescue Eve) so I don't have any ideas about this world I'm completely convinced of.

I could somehow believe Kafka will come along with Saten and Blade out of memory world, but only if this really is an interactive collection of memories and not the past. If this would be the past and Kafka escapes from this timeframe, there wouldn't be a past Kafka to join Simeon and terrorize Cruz at the beginning of the manga. That would cause some really funky timeline stuff.

About Saten's armguards. My personal theory atm is they're functioning as some kind of pressure valves, preventing Saten from blowing up or burning his arms as he fires.

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-01-03 at 03:58.
Old 2011-01-03, 10:09   Link #6153
Sekirei07

Well here is one thing to think about, when they exit the world. If Cruz does not come out of there naked or in his original clothes, than it is theoretically would have been possible for Kafka to come out as well.

Cruz's current clothes are a mix of his original clothes (real), Saten's cape (real) and Shounen Blade's metal bands (fake), If he leaves that world still in Eve cosplay, he would be taking part of the memory world into the real world. So would it not also be possible to take Kafka out as well.

But my best bet is that when they return it will be the exact moment Cruz was pierced except it will look like no time has passed and only Saten/Cruz will know what happened.
Old 2011-01-04, 03:06   Link #6154
Voras
Disabled By Request

>.< English taking to long
I miss needless so much
Voras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 14:24   Link #6155
Avvesione

Is anyone familiar with how manga are made? I know that sometimes artists will go back and make some changes to drawings before the volumes are released. Is that up to the mangaka or the publisher? I'm also wondering if dialogue changes as well. I've always been curious about that but never found an answer.

The reason I'm asking this is because I've noticed that a few times with Needless. Here are two examples I've found:

Spoiler:

Ynot, I know you've got all the volumes, so I was wondering if you noticed anything like this between those and the chapter scans.
Old 2011-01-04, 15:04   Link #6156
Ynot

Unfortunately I do not have all the volumes yet. There's a practicle reason and a "the shop still hasn't restocked" reason for that, but I haven't noticed changes like that. I find such changes(unless someone points them out) hard to spot anyway. The only changes I noticed are the absence of "to be continued" lines etc. Which isn't all that strange of course.

The examples you gave look different, not better or worse than the original art imo so I don't really see why they're changed anyway. Makes me wonder if Yamada's cuffs who went missing in a panel got corrected in the latest vol.

EDIT ---

I took a quick look if I could find one of those changes myself. And the very first chapter I tried had one after a few pages. I was only quickly glancing over the pages so if I can find one that quickly and easily there must be a lot more.

Spoiler for needless:

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-01-04 at 15:38.
Old 2011-01-04, 15:53   Link #6157
Remnful

Anyone mind PMing me a link to ch 85 and 86?
Remnful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:22   Link #6158
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Unfortunately I do not have all the volumes yet. There's a practicle reason and a "the shop still hasn't restocked" reason for that, but I haven't noticed changes like that. I find such changes(unless someone points them out) hard to spot anyway. The only changes I noticed are the absence of "to be continued" lines etc. Which isn't all that strange of course.

The examples you gave look different, not better or worse than the original art imo so I don't really see why they're changed anyway. Makes me wonder if Yamada's cuffs who went missing in a panel got corrected in the latest vol.
Thanks for looking. I figure all those little details we've noticed (like those cuffs) are corrected by the time the volume comes out. Plus if you look at the two versions, the volume one seems to have more details and are clearer (Cruz's eyes, hair, cuffs, background; Rin's position, hair, ribbon, sound effects).

I'm actually kinda curious to ask Seki (who does the cleaning) which versions he's used for the earlier scanlated chapters. It's not that big of a deal, just something I noticed while looking at some of the pages.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:23   Link #6159
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, if you read or watch Bakuman long enough, I'll bet they answer your question sooner or later!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 20:12   Link #6160
Kefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Thanks for looking. I figure all those little details we've noticed (like those cuffs) are corrected by the time the volume comes out. Plus if you look at the two versions, the volume one seems to have more details and are clearer (Cruz's eyes, hair, cuffs, background; Rin's position, hair, ribbon, sound effects).

I'm actually kinda curious to ask Seki (who does the cleaning) which versions he's used for the earlier scanlated chapters. It's not that big of a deal, just something I noticed while looking at some of the pages.
Every chapter in volume 8 (50-56) was done using tank scans. Every chapter since then has been done using the magazine scans. While I have scans of volume 9 (57-63), they are quite bad compared to the magazine scans. Scans for volumes 10 and 11 may or may not be available at this point, but they weren't when we were scanlating those chapters.

Fixing up details and redrawing some sections is a fairly common occurrence between magazine and tank release. Kami's pretty sharp when it comes to the magazine releases though (unlike some mangaka who won't be named), so the differences generally aren't terribly noticeable.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen