AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-05, 22:35   Link #161
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Given that the New Girl has blue eyes and an unnatural haircolour other than red. It's safe to assume that she's not a real person, shes most likely not the shipwreck victim, and if she is, then the shipwreck is probably made-up.

Maybe she's another witch recruited by LD for her resemblance of Bern to replace Beato after EP 4 and she's doing something similar to the skirt Beato in Ep 2?
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:19   Link #162
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
Given that the New Girl has blue eyes and an unnatural haircolour other than red. It's safe to assume that she's not a real person, shes most likely not the shipwreck victim, and if she is, then the shipwreck is probably made-up.

Maybe she's another witch recruited by LD for her resemblance of Bern to replace Beato after EP 4 and she's doing something similar to the skirt Beato in Ep 2?
To replace Beato? What purpose would that have though? The idea is that Lambda uses Beato to make this everlasting game because she has leverage over Beato - if Beato ever betrays her then Lambda can just take away her power of being a witch and send her to a horrible universe.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:19   Link #163
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The more I look at it, the more it looks like a hand with a pool of blood to me. Here's a magnified image. The slight difference of the color of the floor and blood can be seen, and is separated by lighting (highlight of a sticky liquid).

Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:26   Link #164
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Maybe the "hand" belongs to Beatrice as the new character "shoved" her aside.
Well then, I guess that'd make her Beatowned.

But man, I missed something big while I was playing BlazBlue the last few days.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:31   Link #165
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Well then, I guess that'd make her Beatowned.

That's what happens when you go away from Umineko for a day. Ryukushi obviously noticed your absence >:|~

What if we're being misled somehow. What if this new girl isn't even a witch :V~!
Old 2009-07-05, 23:32   Link #166
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Nonsense! She's clearly Rika-Beato.

Why isn't this thread title "Umineko no Naku Koroni San - Ep. 5" instead?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:35   Link #167
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Nonsense! She's clearly Rika-Beato.

Why isn't this thread title "Umineko no Naku Koroni San - Ep. 5" instead?
Semantics is the enemy of the Anti-Fantasy group, so clearly san was left out on purpose!

Rika-Beato. Ah geez.

Anyway, maybe she might be similar to Hanyuu's role in Higurashi. Like a guide for a character. It doesn't have to be Battler, but maybe someone else?
Old 2009-07-05, 23:36   Link #168
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Yea, good grief. I go off to the Aion beta for the weekend and look what happens! At least this will keep us occupied in-between anime episode
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:37   Link #169
UnknownBeast

She's young Kyrie I say..!

I just read this new topic and I can't believe I missed that hand when seeing the portrait the first time.. D=
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:44   Link #170
Mercurius

Ok, my attempts at speculation based on having just read the past 8 pages, the Wiki, and the links to D-Stage:

Questions:
1. What was the online retailer that mistakenly called Rosa-Beatrice Maria? Should we be wary of that here?
2. Couldn't really tell from the posts, but when was this image leaked? Am guessing somewhat recently.

Observations:
1. Someone mentioned that the new girl didn't have a Golden Eagle crest. I can't really tell, but there's something that midly resembles the crest on the girl's stockings. Also, Eva's portrait doesn't have a crest on her clothes, minus the staff.
2. The most interesting part of the portrait is the fact that there's another painting inside of it, of a pretty barren wasteland, possibly what Rokkenjima is to become?
3. Second most interesting part: the golden eagle crest in the title is backwards. Perhaps it's the other 'wing'? Possibly a reference to Kinzo's wife?
4. I really feel like the hand is a reference to something in the game, either how someone died, or some random saying.

Total pure speculation:
Spoiler for New Girl:

Man, August is going to be one hell of a month.

Last edited by Mercurius; 2009-07-05 at 23:49. Reason: emphasis/red text added
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:56   Link #171
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I can't help but take this painting as a message. There are hidden messages being thrown at us here. The wasteland on a painting, a hand lying in a pool of blood, the torn part of the chair, and the girl's smiling, but knowing face.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:04   Link #172
Mercurius

After looking at it some more:

Spoiler for Portrait:
Old 2009-07-06, 00:11   Link #173
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post

Spoiler for Portrait:
Oh shi-! I honestly wouldn't put it past Ryukushi for that to be the case, since he's already made personifications of Maria's rabbits. I also can't shake the feeling that I've seen a painting similar to this somewhere, the hand in the pool of blood being connected to something off-picture is giving me huge deja vu vibes.. it's weird

EDIT: After closer look and some google searches, the style of the painting is similar to that of the 1700s. Probably just getting that vibe from it.
I haven't ruled out that it could indeed be some sort of version of Bernkastel. Some people were saying that she would never tolerate having her chest sized reduced, but it could just be some joke that whenever Bernkastel incarnates herself in the mortal realm, she loses her chest.

Buuuut it could still just be someone who coincidentally looks like Bernkastel.

Last edited by Freelii; 2009-07-06 at 00:26.
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:16   Link #174
Saerianne
*cackle*

Oh gosh! Of course this happens when I'm asleep, and then at school. -throws a tantrum-
Yes, that girl is really interesting. Going to study the portrait now...

It looks like she's there after the murders, or after one has committed (whether it's connected to the October 4+5 murders or not). A hand lying in a pool of blood, the ripped chair, even the slightly drawn curtain and that picture in the background. There's definitely something behind that smile of hers. Shipwreck? XDD How long has she been here...
Time to go read the thread.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:19   Link #175
yuugi99

the hand must have belonged to Battler. A revenge on him for the sin he has committed 6 years ago. LOL.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:48   Link #176
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I don't think she's a witch. If we are to follow the anti-fantasy credo, the sole fact that people talked to her at the mansion (see this screenshot) means that she's a human being like any other.

Again, as I said earlier, if we were to consider her a witch, we'd be either admitting the existance of witches (which would lead to Battler's final defeat) or we'd be admitting she's an other fictionary/alternate "identity" in the same vein of Ronove, Gaap, Virgilia, the goat servants, etc.

So here's two options we have regarding this character:
- She's a "real" character, meaning that she's a new one who's introduced on the island at present. A new piece on the chessboard, raising the counter to 18 people (if we are to assume no one else is already dead before the family conference starts). That, or she's someone from the past (but I am not too sure of it).
- Or, she's a "Beatrice", not in the sense that she's a witch (as in a magical being), but in the sense that she's an "alternate" identity of someone among the people present on the island, much like we speculated that the Beato that we've seen in the previous episodes was a role personificated by someone (or like when we speculated that Ronove = Genji, Kumasawa = Virgilia, Gaap = Shannon, etc). And if we had to consider this latter theory, who could be the person taking on this role? If we base this on the painting and the fact the the girl shows no family crest on her clothing (nor does she carry things that hint that she's linked with the Ushiromiya family), there aren't a lot of options left among the 17 people. Maybe Natsuhi? She isn't allowed to carry the crest, afterall.

As for the hand at the bottom right, it could be either be Battler's hand or "Beatrice's" (meaning the person who was impersonating that "role" in the previous episodes). Although I have to say that hand looks a bit too big and manly for a woman's hand, which is why I'd rather say it's Battler's, or maybe Kinzo's.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2009-07-06 at 01:02.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:53   Link #177
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I don't think she's a witch. If we are to follow the anti-fantasy credo, the sole fact that people talked to her at the mansion (see this screenshot) means that she's a human being like any other.
How does it mean that she's a human like any other? In the other screenshot, we see Virgilia and Beato talking to who seems to be Natsuhi, and then in Ep 2 we meet 'Suit' Beato (though I don't recall there being any evidence of her using magic).
You could debate that Virgilia and Beato were human, but you know... that would take a while.
Old 2009-07-06, 00:57   Link #178
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
How does it mean that she's a human like any other? In the other screenshot, we see Virgilia and Beato talking to who seems to be Natsuhi, and then in Ep 2 we meet 'Suit' Beato (though I don't recall there being any evidence of her using magic).
You could debate that Virgilia and Beato were human, but you know... that would take a while.
And as I said, the moment you do that you're acknowledging the existance of witches and magical beings, which is game over for Battler. So if you, like Battler, want to carry on with the game you can't admit that a witch was in front of you, which means that the she's a real human being. She can assume the "identity/role" of Beatrice, but she doesn't have to be a witch. Get it?

The question is: is she a new person introduced on the island, or is she a new identity taken by somebody on the island?
Old 2009-07-06, 01:08   Link #179
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
And as I said, the moment you do that you're acknowledging the existance of witches and magical beings, which is game over for Battler. So if you, like Battler, want to carry on with the game you can't admit that a witch was in front of you, which means that the she's a real human being. She can assume the "identity/role" of Beatrice, but she doesn't have to be a witch. Get it?

The question is: is she a new person introduced on the island, or is she a new identity taken by somebody on the island?
I get it. The problem is with the numbers of the people on the island. If she was introduced as a 'witch' or a 'Beatrice', then the number probably wouldn't go up. But if she was a human, someone else would have to die/not be on the island at the time.
We'll find out in time. ^^
Sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous post.

I personally believe she's a new character being introduced, rather then an alias.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:12   Link #180
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
I get it. The problem is with the numbers of the people on the island. If she was introduced as a 'witch' or a 'Beatrice', then the number probably wouldn't go up. But if she was a human, someone else would have to die/not be on the island at the time.
We'll find out in time. ^^
Sorry if I sounded harsh in my previous post.
You didn't sound harsh at all.
Anyway, as Jan-Poo said earlier, we don't know how many people will be present on the island in the next-game. Beato can still say this time there are 18 people on the island and that'll make room for this character. But we won't know until we play the game.