AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-03, 13:03   Link #241
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

um...i havent read the chapter yet but im gonna take a gamble and think youre referring to the eaters lol. misterjb us complicating things is what makes this fun lol.
Old 2010-06-03, 13:05   Link #242
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the story is nearly to its climax, but this chapter seems a bit... not so exciting

maybe due to the death of all the ABs and the over-powered Priscilla or the disappointing awakening of Clare
No wai, lol
Old 2010-06-03, 13:46   Link #243
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the story is nearly to its climax, but this chapter seems a bit... not so exciting

maybe due to the death of all the ABs and the over-powered Priscilla or the disappointing awakening of Clare
no it is not, according to the mangaka we are just a little over the halfway mark.
Old 2010-06-03, 14:53   Link #244
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
um...i havent read the chapter yet but im gonna take a gamble and think youre referring to the eaters lol. misterjb us complicating things is what makes this fun lol.
Besides complicating things makes huge debates and Ideas that make the month go by faster.
Old 2010-06-03, 15:32   Link #245
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
This was one f***ed up chapter. Clare is dead??? I don't believe it T_T After everything she's been through, she dies like this.....

J/k, I'm pretty sure soemthing will happen that lets Clare continue to live. It's not the first time she's been absorbed by the destroyer. Priscilla is starting to annoy me though. She's so cheap.
Old 2010-06-03, 15:37   Link #246
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I absolutely don't agree.
Irene's arm is better than Teresa's one, the only reason that Teresa is stronger is because well,she IS a lot stronger than Irene,that's all.
Said that,it's absolutely false that Irene's arm is not special,infact that arm is definitely the most trained and fastest of all.
Anyway it's not simple speculation that Irene's arm was fastest than Teresa's,it's even mentioned in the official data about the warriors.
Saying that Teresa's arm matched Irene's one is also false,the reason that Teresa was able to control easily their battle was because except for speed she was the best in everything else and because she had the "prediction ability".
In conclusion Irene's arm is the best arm 'cause it's by far the most trained arm for speed-techniques that Claire uses,the QS is not a simple matter of yoki power and mind control,you also need a well trained arm (and if you consider that Claire also spent all the 7 years to train it...).
Look I agree that Irene's arm is likely faster if you only consider its speed compared to the yoki. So Irene's arm has got an upper limit to its potential, when Teresa's arm is that of a goddess. Once Clare reaches that limit with the arm it will be a pain to level it anywhere near Teresa's level, let alone AB Priscilla level. So it would be far more expedient for Clare to ditch the arm and just train a Teresa arm to be as fast as as Irene's arm. Or have Teresa's body merge with Irene's arm to boost its stats.

Next off Irene's databook entry hasn't been translated to English yet, so if your volunteering to do it be my guest. I'd love to read it when your done. Clearly it will mention her quicksword technique but does it implicitly stat that her arm is unique or just how she uses it. Plus I recall no mention of Teresa being stated as slower in it. BTW we all know how severely the org underestimated Teresa so why should I believe Irene was actually faster from a data source that was written prior to that discovery. Not to mention that Clare could do the technique herself with her own arm but was too passionate to master her yoki flow, which has nothing to to with her arm .

Also Joe_fl said it very well, if Teresa was only predicting Irene's attacks but moving at a slower speed then many of Irene's attacks would have gotten through. However Irene even powerup and wasn't able to land a single blow to Teresa's body... in a 4 on 1 fight. So clearly Teresa's power gave her arm a far faster speed than Irene with the quicksword. Look I'm not arguing that Teresa was using a technique that rivaled Irene... in fact the inverse, that Irene was using a technique that made everyone think she had a faster sword. Now Irene's technique was superior to Teresa's but the gap was so vast between them that it mattered not.

Please recall quicksword is a technique that many can learn, though mastering is debatable. It's not a special ability due do a unique body part or warrior type like drill sword or regeneration. Clare's body seemed to hand the quicksword just fine, implying Teresa could use it too if she so felt, but it was Clare's passion that caused her to lose control of her yoki flow thus making her unable to master the technique.

So in the end the arm of Irene doesn't offer Clare much advantage other than keeping her emotions in check. Teresa's arm, or should I say Clare's arm infected by Teresa , seems like it has far more potential and no weakness. It's only Clare's emotions but if she's can't awaken (or has mastered it) than she doesn't need to keep them in check anymore and then no longer has any need of it. Thus freeing her to return the arm (and likely get a really bad memory of Raphaela killing her that might cause Clare to break down and cry. Though even if dead I still suspect Clare will keep her promise and return the arm. )
Old 2010-06-03, 15:39   Link #247
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
This was one f***ed up chapter. Clare is dead??? I don't believe it T_T After everything she's been through, she dies like this.....

J/k, I'm pretty sure soemthing will happen that lets Clare continue to live. It's not the first time she's been absorbed by the destroyer. Priscilla is starting to annoy me though. She's so cheap.
I agree with your assessment of Priscilla. All this time, nothing has been able to seriously threaten her. It's about time she got a real challenge, which is what is going to happen now that the Destroyer is about to fight her. And I wonder why the destroyer took control of Clare...
________
Effects of prilosec

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:42.
Old 2010-06-03, 15:42   Link #248
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:

Just finished the chapter.

Yeah, I think something like that too. Clare was absorbed once and managed to retain her sense of self. Possibly she'll come out with an improved body or manage to take control of the Destroyer. She might even be able to get a feeling of Raki's situation through the rods he's infected with.

The line 'It got Clare's sword' did puzzle me however. Does that mean that Clare will be weaponless from now on? this would be a first as Claymores are defined by their swords.

Still, it looks like Priscilla won't escape unscathed even if she does kill the Destroyer : if it sucks out her lifeforce, she will lose most of her regenerating ability and attack power, thus leaving her severely weakened.
Old 2010-06-03, 16:00   Link #249
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Just for laughs lets review all the times Clare coming near death... (excluding her childhood... major wounds or rule breaking escapes from situations only. This doesn't include sneaky stuff like letting something hit her in a non vital area or just staying awake and in the fight through sheer will power but only near death, severe damage taken, reversing awakenings, and escapes from the seemingly impossible )

Ch 3... hole through the gut that proved fatal to fellow warrior Jean
Ch 7... stabbed several time in the chest lost consciousness for a day
Ch 11... crosses her limit and nearly awakens
Ch 36... losses all four limbs in one day, one permanently, and takes one huge wound across the chest, passes out for a week
Ch 45... crosses her limit a second time and draws her sword to kill herself (implying she lost control), pulled back by Galatea
Ch 53... sent over her limit by an AB using Yoki manipulation halts the process herself
Ch 60... Jean pulls her back after she partially awakened her limbs and had lost control
Ch 61... wound again to the point of passing out, waking up an unknown amount of time later fully healed
Ch 92... Has her head cut off in a soul-link
Ch 93... After being absorbed by the body of another during an awakening she reforms her own mind and body and escapes being consumed by the awakening herself
Ch 100... Reverses her own partial awakening and awakened limbs
Ch 101... repeat of the above
Old 2010-06-03, 16:02   Link #250
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Just finished the chapter.

Yeah, I think something like that too. Clare was absorbed once and managed to retain her sense of self. Possibly she'll come out with an improved body or manage to take control of the Destroyer. She might even be able to get a feeling of Raki's situation through the rods he's infected with.

The line 'It got Clare's sword' did puzzle me however. Does that mean that Clare will be weaponless from now on? this would be a first as Claymores are defined by their swords.

Still, it looks like Priscilla won't escape unscathed even if she does kill the Destroyer : if it sucks out her lifeforce, she will lose most of her regenerating ability and attack power, thus leaving her severely weakened.
Yes I'm quite tired of Priscilla, but even if she can kill the destroyer. She'll lose her all powerful regenerating ability, which will finally make her vulnerable.

Priscilla is cool and all but she is too powerful.
Old 2010-06-03, 16:11   Link #251
alovelyburn
The Invisible Me.

Hey, first post!

Priscilla really likes to take out everything that pokes her path, doesn't she? ...I actually like that, but I wonder if it'll work this time. It seems as though something has to take out the Destroyer before it wipes out the entire island... and I can't imagine who else could do it. Not to mention that the plot itself is certainly implying that we've got a kill or be killed situation developing here! But at the same time it seems strange to just have her kill it off. Even if she is crazy powerful, I'm not sure how that would work? Since it's absorbing the lifeforce of everything it touches and all. At the moment she doesn't seem terribly concerned, but then Isley didn't seem terribly concerned in that town and we all know what happened to him. Seems far too early in the series for Priscilla to die though, so I'm not too worried about her, even if she ends up being saved by some kind of deux ex machina.

Also not too worried about Clare. Mostly just wondering HOW she will survive and what potential power upgrades she'll end up from the experience rather than whether she'll survive or not. But about Clare's missing sword - I feel like that's setting us up for a Clare Upgrade so that she no longer needs a weapon or, alternatively, one or both of the wonder twins with her will die and she'll use the dead one(s)' sword(s)?

...also, I've been trying to figure out for a while now why the merged Luciela/Rafaela being would be so absurdly powerful when, logically, it ought to have been "only" about twice as powerful as an Abyssal One. But since it seems to be a vampiric fleshy mess, maybe those rods have been siphoning energy to feed its power?

Crazy chapter! WHY MUST THEY FEEL SO SHORT?!
Old 2010-06-03, 16:13   Link #252
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Yes I'm quite tired of Priscilla, but even if she can kill the destroyer. She'll lose her all powerful regenerating ability, which will finally make her vulnerable.

Priscilla is cool and all but she is too powerful.
This might only be temporary mind you but even if it isn't, she won't be too bad off : there are no more Abyssals or anyone near their power. Considering Helen and Deneve couldn't match a weakened Isley, even if Prissy's power decreases to a bit below an Abyssal's, she would still remain the strongest being on the island, though not as unstoppable any more.

On the other hand, this is possibly the only time Priscilla can be killed, which would only leave the Org to be dealt with. It'd be sad though, it would remove one of the few 'pilars' of the story left, and after the Abyssals' deaths, it would feel too rushed.
Old 2010-06-03, 16:18   Link #253
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
This might only be temporary mind you but even if it isn't, she won't be too bad off : there are no more Abyssals or anyone near their power. Considering Helen and Deneve couldn't match a weakened Isley, even if Prissy's power decreases to a bit below an Abyssal's, she would still remain the strongest being on the island, though not as unstoppable any more.

On the other hand, this is possibly the only time Priscilla can be killed, which would only leave the Org to be dealt with. It'd be sad though, it would remove one of the few 'pilars' of the story left, and after the Abyssals' deaths, it would feel too rushed.
Yes it would feel rushed, but if Priss dies we'll still have that vampiric mass of nakedness that is the destroyer! It seems powerful enough.0_o
Old 2010-06-03, 16:18   Link #254
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by alovelyburn View Post
Hey, first post!

Priscilla really likes to take out everything that pokes her path, doesn't she? ...I actually like that, but I wonder if it'll work this time. It seems as though something has to take out the Destroyer before it wipes out the entire island... and I can't imagine who else could do it. Not to mention that the plot itself is certainly implying that we've got a kill or be killed situation developing here! But at the same time it seems strange to just have her kill it off. Even if she is crazy powerful, I'm not sure how that would work? Since it's absorbing the lifeforce of everything it touches and all. At the moment she doesn't seem terribly concerned, but then Isley didn't seem terribly concerned in that town and we all know what happened to him. Seems far too early in the series for Priscilla to die though, so I'm not too worried about her, even if she ends up being saved by some kind of deux ex machina.

Also not too worried about Clare. Mostly just wondering HOW she will survive and what potential power upgrades she'll end up from the experience rather than whether she'll survive or not. But about Clare's missing sword - I feel like that's setting us up for a Clare Upgrade so that she no longer needs a weapon or, alternatively, one or both of the wonder twins with her will die and she'll use the dead one(s)' sword(s)?

...also, I've been trying to figure out for a while now why the merged Luciela/Rafaela being would be so absurdly powerful when, logically, it ought to have been "only" about twice as powerful as an Abyssal One. But since it seems to be a vampiric fleshy mess, maybe those rods have been siphoning energy to feed its power?

You finally made your first post! Welcome (again)! You asked many good questions!

Though now I'm kinda worried about who could possibly have enough power to pull off a deux ex machina. Raki? Teresa? Rubel?
Old 2010-06-03, 16:20   Link #255
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You finally made your first post! Welcome (again)!

I'm kinda worried now about who could have enough power to pull off a deux ex machina. Raki? Teresa? Rubel?
Feel free 2 laugh... but what is a deux ex machina??
Old 2010-06-03, 16:20   Link #256
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hey, first post!

Well, actually, Priscilla is just annoyed by the little nuisances that are blocking her from what she wants to accomplish. Otherwise, she couldn't care less about the destroyer. However, this time, she may have bitten more than she can chew, considering how powerful the destroyer is. Regarding Clare's sword, if it didn't just land on the ground somewhere then I am also interested in what will happen. She will either have to find some kind of other weapon, find someone to make anyother claymore for her, which would be interesting because we know that claymores are made from materials not from the island and the fact that we don't know how the swords are actually made, or constantly be in a semi-awakened form where she can use her razor sharp appendages as swords instead.
________
Michigan Medical Marijuana

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:42.
Old 2010-06-03, 16:23   Link #257
Blaat

What a cliffhanger! Although luckily thanks to the world cup it's going to be a short month.
Quote:
Feel free 2 laugh... but what is a deux ex machina??
Wiki is your friend.
Old 2010-06-03, 16:23   Link #258
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
but what is a deux ex machina??
An all powerful being, item, or ability (mostly a god, or uber powered character) stepping in to a situation and helping someone or wiping them all out. In short think Isley at the end of the anime where he pops in and saves Priscilla.
Old 2010-06-03, 16:25   Link #259
alovelyburn
The Invisible Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You finally made your first post! Welcome (again)!

I'm kinda worried now about who could have enough power to pull off a deux ex machina. Raki? Teresa? Rubel?
I DID. I've been waiting for the translation or raw to turn up somewhere so I wouldn't get drawn into debates on my first day. That's the kind of thing you want to work up to. (thanks!)

Re: Deus ex machina, no idea. Fifty thousand Abyss Feeders? I doubt Raki's going to turn up anytime before the end of the arc - it's been a year or so for us, but for them has it even been more than a day or two? I really hope Teresa doesn't turn up, corpses should stay corpses.

But one thought that I did have is, if Clare is being absorbed by it, and Priscilla is going full force against it at the same time, maybe their combined influence/power will take it down. It would definitely make for an interesting twist. (To clarify, I don't mean the two of them like, making friends and joining forces - just that if Clare's fighting to survive from the inside and Priscilla's beating on it from the outside, that might be enough. Although having them meet up and make friendship bracelets would also be a twist. :P)

...or maybe the Destroyer will just eat the whole island and we'll have 40 chapters of Rubel dancing on the ruins of the Organization's HQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Well, actually, Priscilla is just annoyed by the little nuisances that are blocking her from what she wants to accomplish.
Yeah, I was being kind of hyperbolic. On a more serious note, she seems mostly disinclined toward random violence - aside from food, she pretty much just wiping out things that won't move out of her way when she's trying to get behind them. I think which one will win out is still open for debate, but I do think the Destroyer needs to go down somehow.

As for the sword, those are pretty much my thoughts exactly. But now that we're talking about it, we're going to find out it just landed in a tree somewhere and they'll go pick it up on the way out.

Last edited by alovelyburn; 2010-06-03 at 16:34. Reason: Didn't want to double post!
Old 2010-06-03, 16:39   Link #260
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I DID. I've been waiting for the translation or raw to turn up somewhere so I wouldn't get drawn into debates on my first day. That's the kind of thing you want to work up to. (thanks!)

Re: Deus ex machina, no idea. Fifty thousand Abyss Feeders? I doubt Raki's going to turn up anytime before the end of the arc - it's been a year or so for us, but for them has it even been more than a day or two? I really hope Teresa doesn't turn up, corpses should stay corpses.

But one thought that I did have is, if Clare is being absorbed by it, and Priscilla is going full force against it at the same time, maybe their combined influence/power will take it down. It would definitely make for an interesting twist.

...or maybe the Destroyer will just eat the whole island and we'll have 40 chapters of Rubel dancing on the ruins of the Organization's HQ.
Suspect the RAW will be out soonish and found a day or two later... been some issues finding raws recently and in Japan the official release date is the 4th. I bet it's on newsstands already but online sites might be forced to oblige the release date. So well just have to wait for someone to post the raw then add a day or so for a translation to comeout.

You have no idea how much I love your opinion on Teresa coming back. As much as I loved Teresa and sometimes desire her back... it's not for plot reasons but purely since I want Clare to be happy. However I love Claymore for its plot most of all so Teresa should stay a corpse.

The tag team against The Destroyer is really nice. Guess the question would be who's still fit enough to kill off the other when there done killing the Destroyer, and if they're both fit enough how weakened was each. Though a fight between to beat to hell characters could be lame after such an epic fight as the Destroyer will likely turn out.

As to Rubel... I do think he'd be great in Claymoredansen 2
Closed Thread