AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-30, 01:45   Link #61
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

One thing I didn't get about Junichi: he's clearly fine with roleplaying of various varieties (as shown by Haruka and Sae's arcs...), yet when teased by Ai in her arc, I can't remember him teasing her back much. Once my girlfriend got over her initial shyness some and started teasing me, I was more than happy to return the favour - often with random jabs to ticklish spots thrown in for good measure.

I suppose the writers might have wanted to avoid it since many male leads in anime that make fun of girls come across as kind of dickish, but I'm curious as to whether anyone else has an opinion on this.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-10-30, 09:44   Link #62
Noctis Lucis
It's how you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
One thing I didn't get about Junichi: he's clearly fine with roleplaying of various varieties (as shown by Haruka and Sae's arcs...), yet when teased by Ai in her arc, I can't remember him teasing her back much. Once my girlfriend got over her initial shyness some and started teasing me, I was more than happy to return the favour - often with random jabs to ticklish spots thrown in for good measure.

I suppose the writers might have wanted to avoid it since many male leads in anime that make fun of girls come across as kind of dickish, but I'm curious as to whether anyone else has an opinion on this.
There's only one reason. Ai has totally owned Junichi. Pwned!
Old 2010-10-30, 18:37   Link #63
Shadow5YA

Junichi was just caught off guard. He didn't expect for Ai to actually lift up her skirt. He was caught off guard in Kaoru's arc as well. He just couldn't keep up with everything she did in his bedroom. I don't blame him.
Old 2010-10-30, 20:55   Link #64
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Junichi was just caught off guard. He didn't expect for Ai to actually lift up her skirt. He was caught off guard in Kaoru's arc as well. He just couldn't keep up with everything she did in his bedroom. I don't blame him.
Makes sense... when I think about it, I usually have trouble coming up with a good response to my girlfriend's teasing. Most of my teasing is of the "returning the favour" sort (like I said, going for ticklish spots).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-11-05, 12:00   Link #65
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post

Junichi uses roleplaying if he needs to impress a girl(Haruka) or make the girl feel somewhat at ease(Sae). If the girl already shows some interest then he doesn't need to tease them.
Old 2010-11-06, 00:02   Link #66
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
The girl I dated this summer, and who I still keep in contact with right now teases me sometimes out of the blue. It does catch me off guard, and I have to wonder if she doesn't miss our summer together.
Old 2010-11-11, 12:18   Link #67
Itlandm
Porcupine

Junichi is on the road to hell, because virtually all he does is driven by desire, rather than a genuine goodwill and wish to make others happy. He can be nice to a girl if he think that will get him laid, but he will also ruthlessly exploit her if she lets him (as in the Sae arc). Sorry, having personality does not help much if it is a bad personality.

Compare him to Hiro from To Heart. Hiro is pretty bland, but he naturally and quietly notices when others need help, and steps in without making a fuss. He remembers details about the girls without displaying an open interest in them. He may seem dense, but only because he does not assume romantic interest at the slightest hint.

Junichi is the exact opposite. He has personality, but he is overly excitable and self-centered. He is basically an anti-Hiro.
Old 2010-11-11, 12:52   Link #68
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Junichi is on the road to hell, because virtually all he does is driven by desire, rather than a genuine goodwill and wish to make others happy. He can be nice to a girl if he think that will get him laid, but he will also ruthlessly exploit her if she lets him (as in the Sae arc). Sorry, having personality does not help much if it is a bad personality.

Compare him to Hiro from To Heart. Hiro is pretty bland, but he naturally and quietly notices when others need help, and steps in without making a fuss. He remembers details about the girls without displaying an open interest in them. He may seem dense, but only because he does not assume romantic interest at the slightest hint.

Junichi is the exact opposite. He has personality, but he is overly excitable and self-centered. He is basically an anti-Hiro.
Don't assume Junichi is the same in every route, and don't assume that self-interest is bad when nearly everyone is driven by it. Altruism is more unrealistic than anything.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:33   Link #69
Itlandm
Porcupine

No, seriously. Altruism is not only perfectly normal but seen as a virtue in most of the world. If it is rare or "unrealistic" where you live, that is just sad. As one of my favorite authors said recently, a society without love that gives is like a hospital full of suffering patients.

And if Junichi is not at least at his core the same person in each arc, would it not make more sense to split the role between more than one male lead, as another dating sim conversion recently did? It makes sense to have him develop differently depending on the girl, but not to emerge as a completely different person.

I'm not saying Junichi is some kind of demon, but he is certainly not someone I would want young people to look up to and take as example.
Old 2010-11-11, 21:11   Link #70
GundamZZ
残念美人

I doubt any young people will view him as role model. He's more like the satire character for grow up adults. Most feedback are "what did I do when I was in high school?" It's reaction toward his unusual ways to win girls' hearts. In every episode, he would have some funny acts. Those acts are considered hentai in Japan. People know it's not real. If it's real, Junichi is already in trouble.

His multiple personalities and transformation is the most appealing part. However, this trait is not as appealing as Michishio Nagasumi. Nagasumi is disturbing because he acts girly in one scene, next minute, he's Bruce Lee. Before yo know it, he becomes Kenshiro. Junichi still has room for more dynamic personalities.

Old 2010-11-12, 18:36   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Don't assume Junichi is the same in every route, and don't assume that self-interest is bad when nearly everyone is driven by it. Altruism is more unrealistic than anything.
Actually, the science is against you on that one. Altruism is a survival trait in social species... and humans are a species about as social as it gets. Pure selfishness without regard to others is a defective trait - it may help the short term survival of an individual but is detrimental to the *group* survival in social-based species. People might consider that the next time they're encountering a "I got mine screw you" type of person.