AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 31 26.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-02, 19:09   Link #61
djmaca
My Girl ↓

I knew this show is about breaking Shu right off the bat. And I expected that they will have to sacrifice everyone Shu loves to do it. Hare's death is a step forward to this goal.

But I don't think it's enough.

*Gendo Ikari desk pose*

"We need to kill more. Kill Haruka and Ayase next. Make sure Shu suffers until he breaks. All hail the king..."
Old 2012-02-02, 19:11   Link #62
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I don't get it.

Hare can heal anything organic or inorganic.....

So why can't she heal Ayase's legs?

I mean I would jump at that.

And why was Inouri against Shu drawing out her void? They were getting massacred and there were times where she had to force him to pull out her void.
Old 2012-02-02, 19:22   Link #63
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I don't get it.

And why was Inouri against Shu drawing out her void? They were getting massacred and there were times where she had to force him to pull out her void.
I'm assuming it's because Ayase was originally like that so you can't really heal something that's originally like that? What I mean is that you were born without a left arm. You can't really heal that since that's how you were in your initial state. Now if you were born with your arm and it was cut off, then you can heal it back to the initial state.

Anyways... this episode made me sad... I can't believe those other idiots did something like that. It's also amazing how broke Shu is to the point that he finally just went and pretty much gave a beating lesson.
Old 2012-02-02, 19:33   Link #64
Sixth
Hu Tao

Shu new theme, " The Master" from Code Geass OST.
Old 2012-02-02, 19:55   Link #65
Yusei Fudo
Banned

So Hare gets no kissing scene and she just dies. Wow... =A=

and Shu finally snapped and become broken. I don't know if this is good or not...

inb4 he turns into an evil king.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:01   Link #66
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
So Hare gets no kissing scene and she just dies. Wow... =A=

and Shu finally snapped and become broken. I don't know if this is good or not...

inb4 he turns into an evil king.
At least this evil King has a reason to fight, and it isn't about money, power or fame like many tyrants of today. This is about honor, revenge and the act to save the remaining people that means a lot to him.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:08   Link #67
bakuramariks
The Observer

Spoiler:

I loved this episode.
5/5
Old 2012-02-02, 20:12   Link #68
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

TL note: plan means keikaku
Old 2012-02-02, 21:59   Link #69
lolmeh

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-02-02, 22:27   Link #70
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Because Shu wasn't himself and was in beserk mode. (I think red-eyed badass Shu came back to annihilate those troops.) Really he almost looked like Mana before Lost Christmas occured.

However, she was about to be killed so refusal shouldn't have been an option. I'm siding with Beserk Shu on this one.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:34   Link #71
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmeh View Post
Spoiler for :
Hare's void seems to have been hit before she died. So it seems that getting your void destroyed = instant death.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:38   Link #72
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Hare's void seems to have been hit before she died. So it seems that getting your void destroyed = instant death.
True, but if she'd been healing herself first her Void wouldn't have been stretched out, and thus might not have been hit.

That said, it's hard to say how critical Shu's condition was. And it's easy to see why Hare would prioritize his health, whether she theoretically had time to take care of herself first or not.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:40   Link #73
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
That whole scene was absurd and it ruined the moment. The military fighter neatly circumvents shooting open targets like Hare and Shu (who is glowing at this moment no less) to shoot a ribbon... What? (They even had orders to get rid of him...) Who hired these incompetent bozos. And why didn't Hare, at the very least, heal her own internal bleeding? If she died from hemorrhaging blood (and by golly was she loosing a lot, I don't even know how she remained conscious) before healing Shu, what would have been the point?
Old 2012-02-02, 22:45   Link #74
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
That whole scene was absurd and it ruined the moment. The military fighter neatly circumvents shooting open targets like Hare and Shu (who is glowing at this moment no less) to shoot a ribbon... What? (They even had orders to get rid of him...) Who hired these incompetent bozos. And why didn't Hare, at the very least, heal her own internal bleeding? If she died from hemorrhaging blood (and by golly was she loosing a lot, I don't even know how she remained conscious) before healing Shu, what would have been the point?
Hare likes Shu, and she has a tendency to panic.

And that scene is absurd... Unless they know about voids already. If they do, it would be the best option to take, since the healer (Hare) dies and no one will heal Shu.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:45   Link #75
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ep15:
Old 2012-02-02, 22:47   Link #76
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
No.....Hare.
Damm you Souta!
Congratulations, no thanks to your stupid actions, you made Shu a jerkass and made him accept the Void Ranking plan.
And now the next episode, Shu becomes a Tyrant.
If he is then MISSION "FACK1NG" ACCOMPLISHED!
Old 2012-02-02, 22:49   Link #77
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Hare likes Shu, and she has a tendency to panic.

And that scene is absurd... Unless they know about voids already. If they do, it would be the best option to take, since the healer (Hare) dies and no one will heal Shu.
While I can forgive Hare being an idiot because its convenient way to remove an obstacle from your main heroine's way... that military nonsense was just absurd.

The best option? No, the best option to is to shoot everything, not fly away for no known reason, and observe the situation. Did they forget to refuel their chopper or something? Even if they know what Voids are, it still is not an excuse. They have no guarantee of anything because how would they even know what Hare's void does? Why not shoot everything to dust? What does it even matter if they know about Voids? Or healing... and if they know that she is healing him, then that's even more reason to pump the entire building full of rounds.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:57   Link #78
c^2

Quote:
I don't get it.

Yeah, this was about the first thought that occurred to me when Hare's void was introduced. People may come up with excuses, but her void is damn near magical--there is no way would it have such inane limitations. Like Inori's resistance to using her void, it just makes no sense. It is just the one in a series of obviously forced plot points which simply don't follow a logical progression.

I've been enjoying the series in spite of its shortcomings so far, but Hare's totally predictable death sequence was the tipping point for me. I really liked her character, and her death just felt like yet another cheap way to force the plot in the desired direction. It isn't her death that I object to, just that the whole episode felt like a stupid charade.

It wasn't Shuu's kindness that killed Hare, it was serial stupidity on the part of multiple collaborators. First, introduce an unlikely dire situation, then have a convenient discovery of their senseless void ranking scheme, then rather than approach Shuu about it, Souta and friends go off on some hair-brained mission to prove something or other. It isn't clear what really, since their voids aren't appropriate to the situation. Finally, Shuu shows up, endangering more people who aren't appropriate for the situation, and have no hope of helping should they encounter trouble. Why even bother?

It doesn't end with Shuu and Souta's irrational stupidity though, even Hare is in on it. With bullets flying every which way, the middle of the road is not the place to be, regardless of what Souta says. They have seen endlaves in action, and should know very well that escape in a car is impossible, and merely presents a clear target for them.

Souta is the perfect example of how very stupid the void ranking system is: he is the lowest ranked, yet a number of them already owe him their lives, and he was crucial to an earlier mission. Shuu and Souta were even talking sense in the beginning of the ep, but by the end, the change in Shuu's character leaves me dreading the next episode. Hopefully this phase won't last long.

Those expecting a version of LeLouche are going to be gravely disappointed. Lulu was not some mindless hard ass void of kindness, if anything, it defined him. Shuu's discarding even the precept of kindness is just going to result in everyone hating him, audience included. Even Gai was kind in his own way, just utterly determined much like Lulu. Everyone except Shuu could see that.

Anyway, how disappointing--it could have been so much better. I love many of the characters when they are actually acting in character and not as mere plot devicers.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:58   Link #79
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I had seen Hare's death coming; her confession scene only brought her death flag higher. Sad thing was, Hare's last words never reached Shu, and Shu ended up snapping. Him forcing Inori's Void out () and his expression at the end of the episode spells nothing but disaster...

On the other hand, turns out Shibungi is the one playing chess with Segai. I wonder who does he plan to meet. And I don't get the writers trying to link Daryl and Tsugumi...

A rather solid episode with the intensity of episode 9. 9/10. I had to choke at the title of episode 16...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
I've been enjoying the series in spite of its shortcomings so far, but Hare's totally predictable death sequence was the tipping point for me. I really liked her character, and her death just felt like yet another cheap way to force the plot in the desired direction. It isn't her death that I object to, just that the whole episode felt like a stupid charade..
Employing those 'cheap' methods are one of the reasons that I can't fully enjoy Guilty Crown. That and the fact that Voids might as well = plot devices.
Old 2012-02-02, 23:00   Link #80
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
While I can forgive Hare being an idiot because its convenient way to remove an obstacle from your main heroine's way... that military nonsense was just absurd.

The best option? No, the best option to is to shoot everything, not fly away for no known reason, and observe the situation. Did they forget to refuel their chopper or something? Even if they know what Voids are, it still is not an excuse. They have no guarantee of anything because how would they even know what Hare's void does? Why not shoot everything to dust? What does it even matter if they know about Voids? Or healing... and if they know that she is healing him, then that's even more reason to pump the entire building full of rounds.
I thought that Shu was obscured by clouds of smoke from the helicopter's viewpoint. They only saw Hare's void snaking somewhere and shot it..