AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 12:06   Link #221
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... another one that was not as bad as I expected it to be. In a quirky sort of way ep 1 had a bit of "charm" to it.

I think for now I will keep watching it.
Old 2012-10-11, 16:09   Link #222
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Point to add to the "They're animating it in one season" theory: volume 8 was just released and the author comments that there are plans for the story to end in two more books. Akiba blog mentions that it sounds Toradora!ish (that series had a total of 10 main story novels and was adapted into 25 episodes in 2008-2009 as the final novel was released the month of the final episode).
That said, I wouldn't mind if it's 2 seasons of 6 volumes each
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 19:46   Link #223
Seitsuki
Onee!

The trees are so pretty! Ooh! Mashiro is so pretty! Look at that sky, it's so pretty!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts so far.
Old 2012-10-11, 21:05   Link #224
iCK

I really like all the main characters in this already, even the supporting characters too! Can't wait to watch this anime develop!
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 21:10   Link #225
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That said, I wouldn't mind if it's 2 seasons of 6 volumes each
AGREE COMPLETELY!

Just re-watching episode 1. Why i couldn't see Mashiro naked body!? Damn that chair and her hair! Even worse than holy light beam in TLR Darkness!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 21:39   Link #226
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
AGREE COMPLETELY!

Just re-watching episode 1. Why i couldn't see Mashiro naked body!? Damn that chair and her hair! Even worse than holy light beam in TLR Darkness!
Convenient censoring > Invasive Censoring

That said, I can see where your coming from- with the latter you know there exist a version where you can get heat you want.
Old 2012-10-12, 00:41   Link #227
Somnus
Eh?

Based on a short paragraph and a preview beforehand, I'd been looking forward to this one. It did not disappoint, as I was left with the usual "I wish I could watch the whole season RIGHT NOW" feeling good shows leave you.

That being said, I'm not sure what the discussion is about at the moment, but to me the charm comes from this feeling very much like a "Honey & Clover with modern day anime storytelling/presentation." It all felt very similar to me, and I could instantly recall H&C's first episode. The quirkiness of it all, and even that moment of revealing the main girl. All in all, anything that draws the H&C nostalgia out of me automatically goes into the good books. Can't wait for more.
Old 2012-10-12, 16:16   Link #228
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hi J.C Staff!!! *waves* I've successfully registered my first post in this thread.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 18:30   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Hi J.C Staff!!! *waves* I've successfully registered my first post in this thread.
First of many I hope

EDIT:

Reenactment

Spoiler for pantsu:
Old 2012-10-12, 19:57   Link #230
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A really outstanding adaptation, so far. The direction was to die for, I thought: deft and creative, moving quickly, but with just the right pauses to give the show a special style. Ishizuka Atsuko is directing her first full series as director, and directed and storyboarded this first ep herself. She did several eps of NANA, and eps of Aoi Bungaku, Supernatural, Mouryou no Hako, Chihayafuru, etc. Maybe I should also give credit to Okada Mari, who is adapting the original novel.

Kayano Ai was just as good as she was in the PV, where she captivated me with a few words. She's also outstanding as the quite different Tachibana Mei in Sukitte Ii na yo. I also liked relative newcomer Nakatsu Mariko as hard-working classmate Aoyama-san, who seems to like our hero.

And young Suzuki Konomi, who was 15 when she sang the OP to Tasogare Otome Amnesia last spring, returns with another terrific performance singing the ED here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:50   Link #231
kyouray
2D > 3D

Everything has already been said : sweet first episode with great direction & art direction though I'd have liked to see Atsuko Ishizuka on an other project with her unusual style (watch her Tsuki no Waltz).

Staff for upcoming episodes :
Quote:
Episode 2 :
Script : Mari Okada
Episode Director & storyboard : Kaoru Suzuki
Animation Director : Hiroshi Tomioka, Mai Toda

Episode 3 :
Script : Hajime Kamoshida
Episode director : Daisuke Takashima
Storyboard : Mamoru Kanbe

Episode 4 :
Script : Mari Okada
Episode director & storyboard : Katsushi Sakurabi
Animation Director: Takashi Naoya

Episode 5 :
Script : Fumihiko Shimo
Storyboard : Katsushi Sakurabi
Episode Director : Takashi Ikehata
Pretty solid staff. Hiroshi Tomioka is probably the one who made the best cuts featuring Mashiro with animation and art focusing on her hair. He's a great action animator but knows how to draw elegant girls, his work in Kimikiss #20 as animation director is the best example though I doubt we'll reach this kind of quality. He often appears in JC Staff series as key animator so we've to expect more of his works for this series.
Mamoru Kanbe for episode 3 could be interesting and Daisuke Takashima is sure a competent episode director who knows how to handle romantic comedy.
Episode 4 is the episode I'm looking forward since it's a Katsushi Sakurabi episode. He's a meticulous director who often does strong episodes which are very touching. He provides great layouts and he really pays attention to character acting with his detailed storyboards. Toradora #16 was awesome because of him and the animator Seiya Numata (who probably animated Misaki's short anime of this Sakurasou first episode).
Maybe other interesting people will show up since Atsuko Ishizuka managed to have Rintaro storyboarding the ED (Madhouse's connections I guess but that was surprising).
Old 2012-10-12, 20:52   Link #232
Sumeragi
Banned

Gentlemen (and ladies), I shall be unleashing some tasty "treats" soon.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 21:26   Link #233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

That didn't take long
Old 2012-10-12, 22:12   Link #234
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
First of many I hope

EDIT:

Reenactment

Spoiler for pantsu:
Not bad, but the main ingredient is missing: A girl that's sleeping naked under the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Gentlemen (and ladies), I shall be unleashing some tasty "treats" soon.
Sounds good
Old 2012-10-13, 00:10   Link #235
whitecloud

sumeragi....quick.... hehehe
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 00:34   Link #236
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
First of many I hope

EDIT:

Reenactment

Spoiler for pantsu:
Later on there'll be a re-reenactment with a Mashiro figure. We don't even need to call for it, do we?

That said, as how I've been pleased with the manga (albeit slow) so far, I'm also pleased for this one.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 01:02   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Later on there'll be a re-reenactment with a Mashiro figure. We don't even need to call for it, do we?
Do pantsu even come in Nendoroid size ?

Also, for comparison...

Old 2012-10-13, 01:12   Link #238
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Everything has already been said : sweet first episode with great direction & art direction though I'd have liked to see Atsuko Ishizuka on an other project with her unusual style (watch her Tsuki no Waltz).

Staff for upcoming episodes :

Pretty solid staff. Hiroshi Tomioka is probably the one who made the best cuts featuring Mashiro with animation and art focusing on her hair. He's a great action animator but knows how to draw elegant girls, his work in Kimikiss #20 as animation director is the best example though I doubt we'll reach this kind of quality. He often appears in JC Staff series as key animator so we've to expect more of his works for this series.
Mamoru Kanbe for episode 3 could be interesting and Daisuke Takashima is sure a competent episode director who knows how to handle romantic comedy.
Also, it's worth mentioning that the original author wrote the script for Episode 3. This is a pretty good indication that he's closely involved with the project.

Quote:
Toradora #16 was awesome because of him and the animator Seiya Numata (who probably animated Misaki's short anime of this Sakurasou first episode).
Yes, the classroom fight scene. Not everyone seemed to appreciate the deformation though.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 01:25   Link #239
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Do pantsu even come in Nendoroid size ?
A nendoroid would be a little bit pushing it. A figma would do, but I doubt a figma would come out of this show, just at least still figures or two.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 01:39   Link #240
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Also, it's worth mentioning that the original author wrote the script for Episode 3. This is a pretty good indication that he's closely involved with the project.
Yep,so I figure with the author on board he'll let the staff know how the novel ends even if it's not published yet.

The other writer has worked on kyoani shows like Air,Clannad,FMP and the Harushi movie (cue Key fans wondering why he's working on this and not LB )

Also from looking at this staff list and key animators of episode 1 there seems to be a lot of Ano natsu de matteru staff members working on this.

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life