AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-11, 16:01   Link #81
marvelB

To add in my final 2 cents about how the Straw-Hats should handle the kids, I also agree that the best option would have been for Luffy to just knock them all out with a blast of CoC haki. At least as long as kids could handle the blast as well as grown-ups do (i;e it doesn't outright kill them instead of knocking them out).....
Old 2012-11-11, 17:17   Link #82
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The kids are suped up because of the drugs, so I'd imagine that would make them more resilient than they normally are. And besides, full force isn't required to put them down. The strawhats shouldn't have an issue with this.
Can you really do a half-force lightning? Ignoring such things as cloud formations and negative or positive lightning, I do not know how well Nami can weaken her lightning strikes, so I still think it would be too powerful against the children.

That being said, I have no idea what damage the kids can take, and I doubt Nami does either. They are definitely "suped up", but that power-up is also undoubtedly putting a lot of pressure on their hearts (and brains), so introducing a strong electrical current could quite easily stop their hearts or fry their minds. (This is, of course, using regular world physics to describe possible outcomes in a fictional environment.) That is probably why sedation was being used, it's not only the humane thing to do, it's also the most likely to succeed without unnecessarily hurting (or killing) the children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
To add in my final 2 cents about how the Straw-Hats should handle the kids, I also agree that the best option would have been for Luffy to just knock them all out with a blast of CoC haki. At least as long as kids could handle the blast as well as grown-ups do (i;e it doesn't outright kill them instead of knocking them out).....
It's not sakki or killing intent, so I doubt the kids would have died.
Old 2012-11-11, 19:41   Link #83
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's not sakki or killing intent, so I doubt the kids would have died.

Well, my point wasn't so much about Luffy intimidating the kids with killing intent, but rather if a child can handle the effects of a CoC blast as well as adults can. Like, would the force of the blast kill them due to their mind and/or body being more fragile than an adult's? That's what I'm wondering. I mean, I even recall Rayleigh telling Luffy before they started training that overuse of conqueror's haki would be dangerous, so what if accidentally killing children is one of the consequences of spamming that power.....?

Of course, it's most likely that I'm just overthinking this, but I do think it's something interesting to think about nonetheless.
Old 2012-11-12, 15:33   Link #84
marvelB

So yeah, just bumping because while we already know the manga's on break this week, the plot of the Film Z movie was leaked, and so we've been discussing it at its respective thread. Surprisingly, it looks like it may have a lot of strong ties to the manga, and so I think the info very much makes up for the fact that there's a break this week.
Old 2012-11-18, 00:49   Link #85
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I recently caught up with the anime and i was wondering who was the person Caribou mentioned he would inform about Shirahoshi being a weapon.
Old 2012-11-18, 07:49   Link #86
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I recently caught up with the anime and i was wondering who was the person Caribou mentioned he would inform about Shirahoshi being a weapon.
well, the theorists say it's doflamingo. i tend to agree.
Old 2012-11-18, 23:06   Link #87
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
well, the theorists say it's doflamingo. i tend to agree.
I'm leaning towards Crocodile. He has shown the most interest in these weapons.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:01   Link #88
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I think it's gotta be Kaidou. He's being set up as a villain character.
Old 2012-11-19, 09:22   Link #89
golgo13

Quote:
I think it's gotta be Kaidou. He's being set up as a villain character.
We don't really know much about Kaidou. He is the only yonkou yet to be revealed. He may take a liking to world weapons since X Drake is after him and there may be a connection to the marines, i.e. Kaidou might be an ex-marine, but other than that not much has been said. Wouldn't be surprised if he was related to Franky given the cameo by one of his henchmen, "iron boy" Scotch, in a new world island against X Drake. Scotch has the number 18 written on both his shoulders, a lot like the numbers of the battle frankies.
Old 2012-11-19, 13:43   Link #90
marvelB

Yeah, I'm also gonna have to say Doflamingo. He's been getting a lot of build-up lately so I see no reason to NOT assume that he's the one Caribou referred to. The dude even does business as an info broker, after all....

Anyways, as you guys should know, there WILL be a chapter this week! Though I should also warn you in advance that we'll be seeing a few more breaks coming along soon (but this is due to the MAGAZINE taking a holiday break, NOT the author). Better yet, yours truly should be able to catch the spoilers this time around as I've FINALLY got my computer repaired! So expect the next thread to be made within the next couple of days.
Old 2012-11-19, 13:45   Link #91
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
We don't really know much about Kaidou. He is the only yonkou yet to be revealed. He may take a liking to world weapons since X Drake is after him and there may be a connection to the marines, i.e. Kaidou might be an ex-marine, but other than that not much has been said. Wouldn't be surprised if he was related to Franky given the cameo by one of his henchmen, "iron boy" Scotch, in a new world island against X Drake. Scotch has the number 18 written on both his shoulders, a lot like the numbers of the battle frankies.

More likely to be related to vegaunk in some way.
Old 2012-11-19, 20:54   Link #92
golgo13

Quote:
More likely to be related to vegaunk in some way.
Why vegapunk?
Old 2012-11-20, 07:42   Link #93
ronin myael
lost ronin

where's the new op thread? james? marvel?
Old 2012-11-20, 10:22   Link #94
marvelB

^Sorry for the wait, guys! New thread's right here, so go nuts!
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion