AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-03-15, 13:50   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Okay before everybody gets to excited let me mention a couple of things:

A) This means no Haruhi Season 2 in 2007, like everybody assumed would exist (Yes people had that in their heads)
B) Kyoto Animation will no longer have that "One-Series At A Time" praise that everybody showers open them if A) is false.
C) Don't expect for a minute for Kyoto Animation to keep that awesome respectable cast of Satsuki Yukino, Mamikio Noto, Hikaru Midorikawa, Yuko Minaguchi, Satomi Kooroogi, Ryo Hirohashi, Ryotaro Okiayu and Kentaro Ito to name but a few.
D) Expect the best of the people listed above to be replaced by any combination of Kyoto Animation's darlings including Sugita Tomokazu, Chihara Minori, Yuko Goto, Daisuke Ono, Aya Hirano and any Sugar Pop idol looking to make the transition to Seiyuu and willing to work cheap.

Other than that one can assume it will be better than the Movie version based on the fact they actually have time to do stuff.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 13:55   Link #22
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
And may the hype begin!

But I wonder, are they going to jump directly to this after they finish Lucky☆Star? No second season of Haruhi...
Let's just hope Haruhiist dont start hating this show or anything similar. >_< !!
Old 2007-03-15, 13:55   Link #23
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Okay before everybody gets to excited let me mention a couple of things:

A) This means no Haruhi Season 2 in 2007, like everybody assumed would exist (Yes people had that in their heads)
B) Kyoto Animation will no longer have that "One-Series At A Time" praise that everybody showers open them if A) is false.
C) Don't expect for a minute for Kyoto Animation to keep that awesome respectable cast of Satsuki Yukino, Mamikio Noto, Hikaru Midorikawa, Yuko Minaguchi, Satomi Kooroogi, Ryo Hirohashi, Ryotaro Okiayu and Kentaro Ito to name but a few.
D) Expect the best of the people listed above to be replaced by any combination of Kyoto Animation's darlings including Sugita Tomokazu, Chihara Minori, Yuko Goto, Daisuke Ono, Aya Hirano and any Sugar Pop idol looking to make the transition to Seiyuu and willing to work cheap.

Other than that one can assume it will be better than the Movie version based on the fact they actually have time to do stuff.
I was under the impression that that was the announced cast for the show (of course it could still be subject to change).
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 13:58   Link #24
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I don't think Kyoani is capable of taking two projects at a time anyway. Not with titles of this calibur. Just take a look at the genga staff for every Kyoani episode and it'll be clear.

Quote:
Well, if the official site isn't lying to us in the face, I'd say we're safe for the main heroines at least.

The only other ones I'm particularly concerned about is Sakaguchi Daisuke for Sunohara, Okiayu Ryoutarou for Akio-san, and Inoue Kikuko for Sanae-san.
Then again, they didn't really mess around with Kanon's cast either anyway. I think Lucky Star's cast change was more of an exception.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:00   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ok, before you are again going into a flame bait silly war :
A) it is people fault to expect such sequel, when nothing was announced (this is BS, considering FMP sequel was done after 2 years, and trust me, people were also hoping for this, while nothing was announced)
but at any case, 2 project of such importance woudln't be able to do so.
B) what the hell this point matter here? there isn't anything special if a studio keep 1 project at a time. instead, a studio which can manage to suceed in several projects at once would be a good praise. (but as stated by several memebers, it won't be possible anyway)
C) what would be the point to take the same seyuu over and over if they don't match, or aren't interested?
i don't know the schedule or anything but, seriously, this is really irevelant. (and "keeping" certain seyuu is quite amusing to read : when are the seyuu bound indefinitavely to a certain studio?)
D) *sigh* as long as the seyuu rock and give the expected voices, what IS the problem?

in the end, wait for the result -__-"
Old 2007-03-15, 14:05   Link #26
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Let's just hope Haruhiist dont start hating this show or anything similar. >_< !!
I don't really care and I consider myself as a Haruhist. All I want for KyoAni is to still do a good job for whatever the project they are doing. I want them to keep on pouring that "anime love" that can be felt through the series they made.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:08   Link #27
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Ok, before you are again going into a flame bait silly war :
A) it is people fault to expect such sequel, when nothing was announced (this is BS, considering FMP sequel was done 2 years, and trust me, people were also hoping for this, while nothing was announced)
but at any case, 2 project of such importance woudln't be able to do so.
B) what the hell this point matter here? there isn't anything special if a studio keep 1 project at a time. instead, a studio which can manage to suceed in several projects at once would be a good praise.
C) what would be the point to take the same seyuu over and over if they don't match, or aren't interested?
i don't know the schedule or anything but, seriously, this is really irevelant.
D) *sigh* as long as the seyuu rock and give the expected voices, what IS the problem?

in the end, wait for the result -__-"
Alright, allow me to clear up a few misconceptions. A) and B) rely soley on other peoples unreasonable expectations that I hope will be quelled once and for all, these are good points, I have always disagreed with A) and B), but other people kept trumpeting them for some reason. C) is based on the companies choices with Lucky Star and D) Is what happened with Lucky Star, together they show an emerging trend, of course I could be completely of the mark. Everything is of course open ended with C) and D) right now, but from what I've seen they are quite possible. Then again whatever happens happens as you say. As it turns out somebody said above that the major players are still intact. This is quite a relief for a person who respects Seiyuu continuity between mediums. The trailer also makes the show look far more interesting than Kanon or Air. The music could be better, but I mean considering what this is, its not that bad either. It could easily have been Shuffle! music where a guy who can barely use a synthesizer does the music.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:12   Link #28
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I don't think Kyoani is capable of taking two projects at a time anyway. Not with titles of this calibur. Just take a look at the genga staff for every Kyoani episode and it'll be clear.
Yet no one here knows exactly what Kyoani's schedule is. It's just all assumptions.

Quote:
The only other ones I'm particularly concerned about is Sakaguchi Daisuke for Sunohara, Okiayu Ryoutarou for Akio-san, and Inoue Kikuko for Sanae-san.
Then again, they didn't really mess around with Kanon's cast either anyway. I think Lucky Star's cast change was more of an exception.
Sugita's substitution for Yuuichi is just a dead horse, he has proven without a doubt that he was the right choice and not because he is Kyon.

Lucky Star's a different beast, drama CD to anime cast change is the norm. Keeping a cast from the drama CD to anime is actually extremely rare. The whole Hirano Aya deal I would also say is probably outside of Kyoani's control as well considering how anime consortiums works as the production studio usually has the least say in these things since they're usually just a sub-contractor.

Clannad cast change? They kept everyone from AIR and Kanon, so I highly doubt that they would change it. The most I can see is them changing the seiyuu for Tomoya, other than that I really don't think so.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:13   Link #29
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I don't really care and I consider myself as a Haruhist. All I want for KyoAni is to still do a good job for whatever the project they are doing. I want them to keep on pouring that "anime love" that can be felt through the series they made.
I dont mind either, and I am also a big fan of Haruhi.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:16   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Anyone mind telling me who's confirmed to be in so far? I can't translate Name Kanji without the ability to pull text from a website.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:18   Link #31
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I wonder how many pages this thread will have by the time I get home from work. ^^;

Note that for both AIR and Kanon, Kyoani kept most, if not all the original cast from the game. I don't think they're going to jeopardize their reputation by messing with the Kagikkos now.

As for A and B, cyan-san's (MOON PHASE) speculation based on the info he's been receiving is that Haruhi second season will run from Fall of 2007, while CLANNAD will begin in early 2008.

Quote:
Anyone mind telling me who's confirmed to be in so far? I can't translate Name Kanji without the ability to pull text from a website.
See post 2
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:23   Link #32
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

There will always be detractors... in all sorts of shapes and sizes. There was plenty of snide remarks when Kanon first aired as well, and look how many of them either converted or ate their words. It is practically part and parcel of anime-watching already.

If people want to pour scorn on CLANNAD, let them be. I just want to watch it.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:30   Link #33
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
I wonder how many pages this thread will have by the time I get home from work. ^^;

It's not a trend if it's only 1 anime. Note that for both AIR and Kanon, Kyoani kept most, if not all the original cast from the game. I don't think they're going to jeopardize their reputation by messing with the Kagikkos now.

As for A and B, cyan-san's speculation based on the info he's been receiving is that Haruhi second season will run from Fall of 2007, while CLANNAD will begin in early 2008.
Who is Cyan-San.

I actually found the cast list of who is still in:

Mai Nakahara as Nagisa Furukawa
Ai Nonaka as Fuuko Ibuki
Akemi Kanda as Ryou Fujibayashi
Houko Kuwashima as Tomoyo Sakagami
Mamiko Noto as Kotomi Ichinose (Sweet)
Ryou Hirohashi as Kyou Fujibayashi

Very good start since at the base level they can be expected to do a faithful adapatation, we are now building something here. I just pray that Yuko Minaguchi and Satomi Koorogi will still be around. The hero is still up in the air. Considering he seems to look quite a bit like Yuuchi (then again at least 3 Key characters look similiar to a past character in each of their games for me. I already see a Nayuki and Mai look alike and two characters that vaguely resemble Shiori and Ayu in the promo art for Clannad on Wikipedia) so I'm guessing he's going to Sugita Tomakazu. All in all this may not be my cup of tea for a show, but I can respect when things are looking good from the beginning. I also respect Kanon for its tightly woven plot and characters even though its not my type of series, though this also also supplemented by the fact that it was the first Key game, before they started repeating themselves. It depends on how different Clannad is from the other Key games, whether I can look at it with a casual nod of respect, or a sigh of discontent in the end.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:31   Link #34
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Well, everyone seems to have all the 'ZOMG Teh YEY!!!1' out of the way for me, so...

Anyone else wondering if Toei is beginning to consider KyoAni as the bane of their existence? I mean, this is the third time time they've grabbed the same projects, and the previous two times did so much better as to practically replace Toei's work (arguably). Seriously, if I worked at Toei, I'd have these guys blacklisted

KyoAni was probably grinning like a chesire cat while Kanon was still fresh and everyone was all "They should do CLANNAD next!"
I'm not sure if Tomokazu would be a match for Tomoya. Doesn't seem bitter enough.
Well, I do believe that my day has been made.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:31   Link #35
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Kyoto Animation must clearly be stopped before they take over the world!

I've wanted to get into Clannad, but couldn't, and now this presents a great opportunity. I will be eating this up.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:34   Link #36
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Note that for both AIR and Kanon, Kyoani kept most, if not all the original cast from the game. I don't think they're going to jeopardize their reputation by messing with the Kagikkos now.
Expanding on this:
For AIR, they swapped Midorikawa Hikaru for Ono Daisuke for the role of Yukito, everyone else came back to repraise their role. Personally I found Ono Daisuke to be a better Yukito than Midorikawa Hikaru, even though I played the AIR game first and was exposed to Hikaru's Yukito first.

For Kanon, the game Yuuichi was not voiced. For the Toei version they had Kisaichi Atushi, where as we have Sugita Tomokazu. But eveyone should know by now that the two Yuuichi are entirely different characters and just based on this fact alone a change could already be justified (as to whether the person who got the role was fit, that's debatable, but I think the result had already spoken for itself). And again, everyone else came back to repraise their role.

For Tomoya, again we have a case where the game was not originally voiced. However here we also have two actors playing Tomoya in the different medium: Nojima Kenji in the drama CD and Itou Kentaro in a special DVD. They may choose either one or go with an entirely new person. What will they do here is anyone's guess right now. And seeing how Kyoani had been painfully faithful to Key's work because they were obviously trying very hard to please the fans first and foremost, plus with a sparkle clean past record there, I bet all the other characters will also be repraised by their respective seiyuu.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:37   Link #37
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Personally - i know jack about Clannad, but seeing that people are going in the orbit from ecstasy, this should be a good one So far Key games adopted by KyoAni have been nothing short of fantastic, so i am very much looking towards this.

How well does Clannad stand in character and story depth when compared to Air / Kanon ?
Old 2007-03-15, 14:40   Link #38
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Do we know who Toei signed for Tomoya in their movie? Maybe Kyoani will keep him.

@ Skyfall: CLANNAD is, in a word, epic. It spans about ten years and takes upwards od 100 hours (so I'm told) to complete the game. There's almost twice as much material as in Kanon.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:47   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Well, everyone seems to have all the 'ZOMG Teh YEY!!!1' out of the way for me, so...

Anyone else wondering if Toei is beginning to consider KyoAni as the bane of their existence? I mean, this is the third time time they've grabbed the same projects, and the previous two times did so much better as to practically replace Toei's work (arguably). Seriously, if I worked at Toei, I'd have these guys blacklisted

KyoAni was probably grinning like a chesire cat while Kanon was still fresh and everyone was all "They should do CLANNAD next!"
I'm not sure if Tomokazu would be a match for Tomoya. Doesn't seem bitter enough.
Well, I do believe that my day has been made.
Oh come on now, Toei is so not a fair comparison. Toei is famous for its rather uninteresting movies and recycled plots used for them. The companies claim to fame is repetition, repetition in plot, repetition between the episodes (Monster of The Week usually), even repetition in the lyrics of their theme songs ("Get Get Getter Get" anybody). Repetition in its own darn repetition! And does anyone really think a movie can compared to a full TV Series.

I will admit right here right now Kyoto Animation is a far superior company compared to Toei. Then again almost any company that willingly let's companies such as Dic, 4KIDS! Pre-Reform Funimation and Harmony Gold licence and butcher their products is inferior to all others and has no real respect for anything they put out other than how much cash they can make for as little effort as possible. Don't even get me started on what they did to Mazinger, Getter Robo and whole bunch of other Mecha Series during the 70's and 80's. No, the Clannad Movie was doomed to disappoint even before this announcement came about.
Old 2007-03-15, 14:50   Link #40
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
How well does Clannad stand in character and story depth when compared to Air / Kanon ?
The story depth is even bigger than AIR, which is in itself bigger than Kanon (although the anime may hint otherwise).

The major difference is that while for AIR and Kanon the male leads are more like catalysts for the story of the girls, in Clannad the male lead Tomoya has a lot more growth and focus on his own story than either Yukito and Yuuichi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Do we know who Toei signed for Tomoya in their movie? Maybe Kyoani will keep him.
That has not been disclosed yet.

I'm going to TAF next week, maybe I can find some info on it while I'm there. Pretty sure that both Toei and Kyoani will have a booth there.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen